Search Efforts by Family and Community Members

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I totally agree. And... wow this thread has slowed down considerably. I hope people aren't giving up. However, I know there seems to be nothing new, (but that post about the iphone was great). In any case, I guess we will have to see what happens when WH's court date comes along.

I think a lot of us are just waiting for court date, police statement, or ME report. Most of us try to stay busy around here...so if you don't see us, we're probably working on something else while we wait. :)

I disagree in that I've thought LE had him pegged since day one. they would have run his record right away and he really isn't a hard read. I mean, people that arent naive sympathizers can see his true character through his social media posts and interviews, imagine what he comes off like in person to experienced professionals, with his freaking eyelid tattoos. I'm so anxious for details to come out just to shut up his ridiculous supporters but mainly for JUSTICE FOR ANGELICA MARIE and Zach's sanity!!!

I totally agree. LE had his number from the get-go. They know what ex-cons look like and his eyelids would spell it out for them. JMO

This post kept me up last night. I did some research on the topic and here's what I came up with.

iPhones have the ability to be tracked by the main account holder via FindMyiPhone and the iCloud account. It is the only way to access anything like a Ping. What if this is what was being referred to?

I know parents track their kids this way via FindMyiPhone. You can also use the FindMyFriends feature, I believe.

Check this link out. I snipped this portion (however the entire thread is really interesting IMO)

This answer might be technically correct but isn't what mom is asking. The phone only shows the tracking icon for a few seconds during the moment that tracking happens and then turns off. If you go into find my iPhone and locate the phone, all total the icon will show on the phone for about 10 seconds, and only if this settings option is turned on. It does not "alert" him that she's checking and it's highly unlikely that he would notice unless he was staring at the phone the exact moment the location happened.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...on-know-im-using-find-my-iphone-when-i-log-on

SPECULATION:
What if AJ actually figured out something was up on her iPhone, in the time period leading up to her disappearance?

Even if that wasn't happening, there's always the possibility that if her iPhone was on a family plan, it could have been accessed on iCloud.

Food for thought.

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible this is how the "signal" came through, however... (and I'm sort of working this out as I type it so make of that what you will)

Let's say there's a family plan (I don't know if there is). Would you only need the main account holder's apple ID and password to check on ANY phone on the plan, or would you need the specific apple ID and password for that specific phone?

Second, AJ was last seen on Monday March 2nd. We don't know when this supposed signal was sent from the Tidewater Dr. area but the search party went out on the Friday of the same week. 4 days later. http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

I'm wondering how long the battery lasts in an iphone 5. I don't have an iphone so I have no idea but in looking around online it seems the general battery life is less than a day without needing a charge. So I'm thinking IF the signal sent from AJ's phone was legit (which I honestly doubt) then either she had a charger with her (since the battery would have been toast by Friday) or it pinged at that location within 24 hours of her going missing and that was the last known location of the phone at that time.

Except... neighbors told media that LE told them, that they were searching for AJ's phone at the pond that day and one neighbor said LE told them it had sent a signal on 3/3 at 8am. http://wavy.com/2015/04/03/police-investigating-in-iow-in-anjelica-hadsell-disappearance/

If that's accurate, that means LE had to have her phone records at that time and interestingly enough there was never an LE search at the Tidewater Drive area. That media has reported on, anyway. Local media being ALL over this you'd think they would have covered a LE search there as well if that ping was true.

Just to refresh though I mapped the Tidewater Drive near Thole Street to the pond on Joyner's Bridge Road. Seems like that would be the main route to get out of town and out to the pond in IOW.

tholetopond.jpg

It's possible this is how the "signal" came through, however... (and I'm sort of working this out as I type it so make of that what you will)

Let's say there's a family plan (I don't know if there is). Would you only need the main account holder's apple ID and password to check on ANY phone on the plan, or would you need the specific apple ID and password for that specific phone?

Second, AJ was last seen on Monday March 2nd. We don't know when this supposed signal was sent from the Tidewater Dr. area but the search party went out on the Friday of the same week. 4 days later. http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

I'm wondering how long the battery lasts in an iphone 5. I don't have an iphone so I have no idea but in looking around online it seems the general battery life is less than a day without needing a charge. So I'm thinking IF the signal sent from AJ's phone was legit (which I honestly doubt) then either she had a charger with her (since the battery would have been toast by Friday) or it pinged at that location within 24 hours of her going missing and that was the last known location of the phone at that time.

Except... neighbors told media that LE told them, that they were searching for AJ's phone at the pond that day and one neighbor said LE told them it had sent a signal on 3/3 at 8am. http://wavy.com/2015/04/03/police-investigating-in-iow-in-anjelica-hadsell-disappearance/

If that's accurate, that means LE had to have her phone records at that time and interestingly enough there was never an LE search at the Tidewater Drive area. That media has reported on, anyway. Local media being ALL over this you'd think they would have covered a LE search there as well if that ping was true.

Just to refresh though I mapped the Tidewater Drive near Thole Street to the pond on Joyner's Bridge Road. Seems like that would be the main route to get out of town and out to the pond in IOW.

View attachment 73817

Hubby and I both have iPhones on a family plan. We have separate apple accounts/apple passwords. It's possible to share an account. But if you share an account, your apps sync up on each phone. He doesn't care to have all my crazy games. :crazy:

View attachment 73817

Great questions.

Ok, let's start here:
This is the jump off page for iCloud's family sharing info page:
https://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

However, someone has to be paying the bill - and therefore the primary account holder - this person would have the "master key" to the iCloud account - if you will - being able to access the FindMyiPhone feature on their own and the other account holder's iPhones

As you can see with this thread, the primary account holder receives an email whenever anyone on the family share plan disables FindMyiPhone. All users have to enter their iCloud password to disable it, and a notification email is automatically sent.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3105013?start=30&tstart=0

Perhaps it's different with accounts that have more than one smartphone. :dunno: my iPhone is the only smartphone on our family share plan
:twocents:

So let's say JH was the one paying the bill (just hypothetical, I have no idea if she was or not) and when she logs in to her icloud she can scroll down a menu, select which device she wants info on, and pull up that device?

I can do that with our kid's phones since they're all actually in our names and we pay the bills.

So let's say JH was the one paying the bill (just hypothetical, I have no idea if she was or not) and when she logs in to her icloud she can scroll down a menu, select which device she wants info on, and pull up that device?

I can do that with our kid's phones since they're all actually in our names and we pay the bills.

Yes.

(or was it WH If she had the password stored on the browser, he may have also had access). I'm :thinking: out loud here - as to how he could have had possibly seen this "signal" from AJ's iPhone....

All hypothetically speaking, of course.....

Yes.

(or was it WH If she had the password stored on the browser, he may have also had access. I'm :thinking: out loud here - as to how he could have had possibly seen this "signal" from AJ's iPhone....

All hypothetically speaking, of course.....

So then here's the next logical question... if one of the parents is paying the bill and had access to her device, why not do all this through the icloud before ever filing a missing person's report, if they could have easily logged in and found out where her phone was?

Then, why wait until 4 days later to do a search at the Tidewater/Thole area???

WH said he saw her that day... and gave her money for a Gopro for her boyfriend.. She needed 200 bucks.. He met her.. She had on a headband...

Why do they not know what she was wearing? Why was there not clothing mentioned on the missing flier? Then I read ZH said she was in Pj's...

I'm new here and possibly haven't posted correctly, forgive me lol... a Norfolk/OV native.. and I pray for her Mother...

WH said he saw her that day... and gave her money for a Gopro for her boyfriend.. She needed 200 bucks.. He met her.. She had on a headband...

Why do they not know what she was wearing? Why was there not clothing mentioned on the missing flier? Then I read ZH said she was in Pj's...

I'm new here and possibly haven't posted correctly, forgive me lol... a Norfolk/OV native.. and I pray for her Mother...

WH is a liar, and that is proven fact. One would do well not to take anything he's said as truth.

We do have a description of her clothing, which was provided to us by one of the community members who was on the first family search. He clothing was described as a pink top, leggings, ugg boots, ring and Harry Potter necklace (I may not have listed everything, going by memory here). What is interesting is that this description of the clothing seems to have come from WH, or from some other family member. So...if the last time AJ was seen by JH and the girls was at 7:30 am, while she was dressed in her pajamas, then who the hell saw her in the clothing searchers were told be be on the lookout for? Someone must have, otherwise, where did this description come from?

We do have a description of her clothing, which was provided to us by one of the community members who was on the first family search. He clothing was described as a pink top, leggings, ugg boots, ring and Harry Potter necklace (I may not have listed everything, going by memory here). What is interesting is that this description of the clothing seems to have come from WH, or from some other family member. So...if the last time AJ was seen by JH and the girls was at 7:30 am, while she was dressed in her pajamas, then who the hell saw her in the clothing searchers were told be be on the lookout for? Someone must have, otherwise, where did this description come from?

Don't forget the hair-tie that was described in detail....because we always notice hair ties that people are wearing when they "leave our presence".....JMO

Don't forget the hair-tie that was described in detail....because we always notice hair ties that people are wearing when they "leave our presence".....JMO

The detailed hair description was very odd....sickening, looking back now.

are we allowed to talk here in this room now? other thread closed down

Do we know what led LE to the vacant house where AJ was found? Was it a tip after all?

Just try to stick to the thread topics and everyone should be fine. :)

Night all. :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back