Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading here off and on, but I don't remember seeing this question...I'm wondering when LE took his truck if they were checking the under-carriage for any debris or materials that would indicate where he had been?
Any idea? TIA

BBM

Seems checking the under-carriaige would be standard procedure.
Maybe some tests came back, and that's why they took that one truck a 2nd time?

:twocents:

So the truck was searched shortly after Dylan disappeared. If any evidence was found in the latest search it was either missed by LE or deposited in/on the truck sometime after the first search.

I think that opens the door for a claim of planted evidence. MOO.

They took both trucks during the first search in Nov 2012.
Now that is interesting...why take just that one, in that 2nd search?

Investigators search house of Dylan’s father
Search warrant executed; no suspects have been named

By Dale Rodebaugh Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Thursday, November 29, 2012

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...Investigators-search-house-of-Dylan-s-father-

Pic there of truck being towed

BBM Correct. Any evidence found this much later, I 'll agree with Ranch, would be useless and/ or highly suspect and/ or destroyed. This is weird.

Totally speculative ... could they have put a tracking device on it in the earlier search they need to remove and gather data off of? ( i watch too many movies? )

I wonder if LE took all the cigarette butts in evidence when the house was searched the first time. If there was a huge amount of them that would show someone in distress. I remember reading way back that MR stated that he was pacing while Dylan was watching the movie. Why would he be pacing? That always sounded odd to me. Maybe a reason why he couldn't remember much about the movie.

So the truck was searched shortly after Dylan disappeared. If any evidence was found in the latest search it was either missed by LE or deposited in/on the truck sometime after the first search.

Bummer, if that's the case...imo

No, not really. If they got a hit on something from the first search when they were not expecting one, and it really took this long for the information to come back from the lab (because it sometimes does take this long), they might be going back to recheck something. As an example, they take a swab under the truck seat and come up positive for Dylan's blood. Then they would need to go back and check some more. (I am not saying this happened, it is only an example). Since the original evidence was found in the first search, it would not be likely to be planted now. That wouldn't make any sense in that case.

BBM

Seems checking the under-carriaige would be standard procedure.
Maybe some tests came back, and that's why they took that one truck a 2nd time?

Yes, that is what I am thinking. I know labs are really backlogged, especially since they keep pushing some tests in some cases to the front of the line. It would not surprise me to find out that some tests take over a year for the technicians to get to. It would also not surprise me if I found out that something was tested, got a surprising result, and was sent somewhere else for a more elaborate test, and that would be why it took so long. This is MOO, with no real basis in fact.

No, not really. If they got a hit on something from the first search when they were not expecting one, and it really took this long for the information to come back from the lab (because it sometimes does take this long), they might be going back to recheck something. As an example, they take a swab under the truck seat and come up positive for Dylan's blood. Then they would need to go back and check some more. (I am not saying this happened, it is only an example). Since the original evidence was found in the first search, it would not be likely to be planted now. That wouldn't make any sense in that case.

I understand your contention if evidence found in the earlier search is tied to evidence found in the later search it will be corroborating evidence. The question of why it wasn't found during the first search would remain.

You don't need lab tests to decide where to collect evidence. For instance there's presumptive tests for blood that can be done. Plus we're talking about a truck not a house so there's not as much area to search.

LE agencies don't usually hold vehicles or crime scenes indefinitely. They secure the vehicle/scene,collect evidence and release it when they feel that they have found what they reasonably can. It doesn't mean that they found everything but they realize that once they surrender control of the vehicle or crime scene they can never say for sure that there can't be a problem with contamination or planting.

I still believe that any incriminating evidence collected during this later search would be problematic in court. MOO.

I understand your contention if evidence found in the earlier search is tied to evidence found in the later search it will be corroborating evidence. The question of why it wasn't found during the first search would remain.

You don't need lab tests to decide where to collect evidence. For instance there's presumptive tests for blood that can be done. Plus we're talking about a truck not a house so there's not as much area to search.

LE agencies don't usually hold vehicles or crime scenes indefinitely. They secure the vehicle/scene,collect evidence and release it when they feel that they have found what they reasonably can. It doesn't mean that they found everything but they realize that once they surrender control of the vehicle or crime scene they can never say for sure that there can't be a problem with contamination or planting.

I still believe that any incriminating evidence collected during this later search would be problematic in court. MOO.
I figure it this way: The first time the truck was searched, they had not yet found Dylan's remains. Now they have part of Dylan's shirt, either his shoelaces or one shoe, and a sock. What if there was an unknown fiber(s) originally found in the truck, but there was nothing to match it to? What if that fiber matches up to one of those items of Dylan's, and Mark said that Dylan had not been in the truck. Nothing problematic about that scenario. Everything was found when it became available.

Or what if there were some fibers or evidence found with/in/on/attached to/whatever any of the items of Dylan's that were found, and it matched with something found in/on the truck in the original search(carpet, unusual dirt, insect eggs, what have you). Nothing problematic there either.

There might be a presumptive test for blood, but then it has to be confirmed to actually BE blood and then Dylan's blood. Once confirmed, there might be cause to go back and see if there is anything more. Nothing problematic in that scenario either, as it would be done in the order it was supposed to be done in, with no way for anyone to plant additional blood (because who would have a vial of blood of a deceased young man who came off the mountain as a few bones and scraps of clothing?).

There could be some circumstances where evidence might be questionable, but I see far more scenarios where any evidence, if found, would not have any questions involved. JMO.

There could be some circumstances where evidence might be questionable, but I see far more scenarios where any evidence, if found, would not have any questions involved. JMO.

S&BBM

LE had to have good reason to justify a search warrant

What if the truck in question, was suspected to be used for some event, or activity, that occurred after the original inspection...?

S&BBM

What if the truck in question, was suspected to be used for some event, or activity, that occurred after the original inspection...?

Exactly.:moo::drumroll:

I figure it this way: The first time the truck was searched, they had not yet found Dylan's remains. Now they have part of Dylan's shirt, either his shoelaces or one shoe, and a sock. What if there was an unknown fiber(s) originally found in the truck, but there was nothing to match it to? What if that fiber matches up to one of those items of Dylan's, and Mark said that Dylan had not been in the truck. Nothing problematic about that scenario. Everything was found when it became available.

Or what if there were some fibers or evidence found with/in/on/attached to/whatever any of the items of Dylan's that were found, and it matched with something found in/on the truck in the original search(carpet, unusual dirt, insect eggs, what have you). Nothing problematic there either.

There might be a presumptive test for blood, but then it has to be confirmed to actually BE blood and then Dylan's blood. Once confirmed, there might be cause to go back and see if there is anything more. Nothing problematic in that scenario either, as it would be done in the order it was supposed to be done in, with no way for anyone to plant additional blood (because who would have a vial of blood of a deceased young man who came off the mountain as a few bones and scraps of clothing?).

Fibers, dirt, plant matter could be planted after the first search. Dylan's blood couldn't be planted afterward but why wouldn't it have been found in the first search? I don't get having to go back and look for more. I really don't think it would take over a year to determine it was human blood. Why the long period of time between the search's?

Looks like we see this search differently so lets just agree to disagree.

S&BBM

OH! Do you mean something like a trip up to where the remains were found? Like supposing they found no evidence of Dylan in or around the truck on the first search. But months later might there have been evidence in the truck that Dylan was moved from an original scene up to the mountaintop where he was found. Something like that what you mean? * speculative*

OH! Do you mean something like a trip up to where the remains were found? Like supposing they found no evidence of Dylan in or around the truck on the first search. But months later might there have been evidence in the truck that Dylan was moved from an original scene up to the mountaintop where he was found. Something like that what you mean? * speculative*

I guess it's possible that Mark moved Dylan's body at a later date. By why would he do that? Seems pretty risky. Only partial remains where found and it doesn't appear that Dylan was buried. Why go thru the trouble of moving the body but not hide it better?

http://durangoherald.com/article/20140627/NEWS01/140629577/Still-building-a-case-

'' authorities appear to be inching toward a decision about whether to bring charges in the case.''''

That wording to me does not sound like they are looking for a perp or wondering WHO to bring charges against . Thoughts?

( mods I know this is related to search but this is a new article and the only Dylan thread that remains open. Please move and slap my hand if needed )

ETA ( or better yet, please open a dylan thread ! :O )

http://durangoherald.com/article/20140627/NEWS01/140629577/Still-building-a-case-

'' authorities appear to be inching toward a decision about whether to bring charges in the case.''''

That wording to me does not sound like they are looking for a perp or wondering WHO to bring charges against . Thoughts?

( mods I know this is related to search but this is a new article and the only Dylan thread that remains open. Please move and slap my hand if needed )

"Sheriff Duke Schirard suggested the investigation is tying up loose ends. Once the investigation concludes, the District Attorney’s Office would decide whether the case is strong enough to proceed with charges."
“We have put together what I feel is quite a circumstantial case, and we need to tie up some loose ends – and you have to understand we are in constant contact with the District Attorney’s Office about this,” he said."

Wow!!!

Excellent news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheriff Duke Schirard suggested the investigation is tying up loose ends. Once the investigation concludes, the District Attorney’s Office would decide whether the case is strong enough to proceed with charges."
“We have put together what I feel is quite a circumstantial case, and we need to tie up some loose ends – and you have to understand we are in constant contact with the District Attorney’s Office about this,” he said."

Wow!!!

Excellent news!

And this quote:

"“There’s only one house that they keep going into and pulling stuff out of,” Bourque said."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying that they have enough to win a conviction.

Justice for Dylan soon.

I wonder when the latest trip to MR's house to was in relation to the incident near CO Springs with MR. I also wonder if LE has told him ' we're close to making an arrest' and he's possibly trying to work towards an insanity defense? *** Speculative ***

This case reminds me so much of the Kyron Horman case. The motives are the same IMO.....REVENGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member