Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mbroemsen said:
I thought he looked German also - but when I lined up the pictures, the match was a bit too uncanny. I acutally thought perhaps the changes in his appearance could POSSIBLY be an attempt to change his appearance - his part is on the other side, glasses, moustache, etc... (just my 2 cents)
As far as changing his appearance... when one gets over 40, the eyes start to lose some sight and glasses are needed. I know this from personal experience.
As far as mustache.... I can't speak from experience, but it could have to do with getting lazy and not wanting to take the time to shave. Or he felt he looked younger or more handsome with it.

I had a call today from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, asking for an update on Anna's case, so I summarized some of the latest developments brought about by action on the Forum. The call was not from Jerry Nance, who has been corresponding with Doogie, but from someone (why didn't I write down the name?) who wanted to report to Jerry. I welcomed this as meaning that things at the NCMEC may have settled down after the furor generated by children missing after Katrina, and that the NCMEC wishes to make itself available for whatever help we might ask.

Annasmom said:
I had a call today from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, asking for an update on Anna's case, so I summarized some of the latest developments brought about by action on the Forum. The call was not from Jerry Nance, who has been corresponding with Doogie, but from someone (why didn't I write down the name?) who wanted to report to Jerry. I welcomed this as meaning that things at the NCMEC may have settled down after the furor generated by children missing after Katrina, and that the NCMEC wishes to make itself available for whatever help we might ask.
You may want to confirm with Jerry Nance that this person is legitimate.

I received an email from Gerald Nance today in regards to the picture of the young girl in the Synanon facility from the seventies that resembled Anna. He reported that several contacts from Synanon had failed to identify Anna from our pictures and felt that it was unlikely that Anna was at a Synanon site. (A quick side note: the conduit for his contacting Synanon was a fellow WSer who posts here regularly. I will let her identify herself if she chooses, but know that Mr. Nance obviously values the hard work that we all do here at Ws.com.)

I updated Mr. Nance on the most recent developments in Anna's case - in particular, the possible identification of Brody as Bobby Wolgast. I explained what our next steps were (trying to confirm Brody as Wolgast through Margaret Kukoda's relatives and the the various means that we are using to try and locate Anna). Mostly, I thanked him for his ongoing help - he is truely one of the good guys!

You guys are awesome and have come up with so much! You may have already thought of this but I figure - why not throw it out there?

Anyway, I was reading the Rose Cole thread today, and something I read reminded me of our Ms. Kukoda and her legal troubles.

Shadow205 posted this in message #80

more on Synanon
Beginning in 1974 the authorities began to question Synanon's promises and practices. The concept of "lifetime rehabilitation" did not agree with therapeutic norms, and it was alleged that the group was running an unauthorized medical clinic, and that on remote properties in California such as Tomales Bay in Marin County and Badger, Tulare County, the organization had built unpermitted buildings, a trash dump, and an airstrip. Tax issues came up. To dodge these accusations Dederich declared that Synanon was a tax exempt religious organization, the "Church of Synanon."

I know there may be a Synanon connection to Anna's case, so I just thought I would bring it up. You might already know exactly what Margaret did that got her into trouble in the first place.

Just a thought...

hoping4truth said:
You guys are awesome and have come up with so much! You may have already thought of this but I figure - why not throw it out there?

Anyway, I was reading the Rose Cole thread today, and something I read reminded me of our Ms. Kukoda and her legal troubles.

Shadow205 posted this in message #80

more on Synanon
Beginning in 1974 the authorities began to question Synanon's promises and practices. The concept of "lifetime rehabilitation" did not agree with therapeutic norms, and it was alleged that the group was running an unauthorized medical clinic, and that on remote properties in California such as Tomales Bay in Marin County and Badger, Tulare County, the organization had built unpermitted buildings, a trash dump, and an airstrip. Tax issues came up. To dodge these accusations Dederich declared that Synanon was a tax exempt religious organization, the "Church of Synanon."

I know there may be a Synanon connection to Anna's case, so I just thought I would bring it up. You might already know exactly what Margaret did that got her into trouble in the first place.

Just a thought...

I was thinking it was probably something to do with abortions, but I don't know for sure. I bet Dr. Doogies knows.

Dr. Doogie said:
Well, I don't know if I looked like Tommy Chong, but Joe Ford looked a lot like Cheech Marin back in the seventies...
I'M LMAO !!!

SherlockJr said:
You may want to confirm with Jerry Nance that this person is legitimate.
i agree with all the sickos out their anyone could be posing for ncmec and saying stuff. make a call and see if someone from the agencey in fact did call but if you have call id 90% of the time the number of a place will show up with a lil discription

gardenmom said:
I was thinking it was probably something to do with abortions, but I don't know for sure. I bet Dr. Doogies knows.
Margaret plead guilty in 1953 to performing three illegal abortions (not legalized in California until a later date). She was sentenced to four months probation. She evidently had her nurses license revoked as a result of this arrest.

I did not post the details of her legal issues because I did not want to draw the forum into a tangent concerning the right or wrong of abortion. What Margaret was arrested for seems immaterial - what is important is if, somewhere in the public records of her arrest, Brody shows up. That would place the two of them together earlier than we have been able to establish.

Doogie, what is the earliest date you show Margaret and Brody knowing each other in California? I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but there's a lot to wade thru to find it. However, if you know Margaret was in SF as early as 1937 (almost straight out of high school), and you believe Brody was in a boxing match in SF in 1940, it seems likely the two knew each other sooner than 1953. But that's just a guess.

HeartofTexas said:
Doogie, what is the earliest date you show Margaret and Brody knowing each other in California? I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but there's a lot to wade thru to find it. However, if you know Margaret was in SF as early as 1937 (almost straight out of high school), and you believe Brody was in a boxing match in SF in 1940, it seems likely the two knew each other sooner than 1953. But that's just a guess.
The earliest that we can place them together is 1962, but they most certainly were together much earlier than that. Where did the 1937 date for Margaret come from? I do not recall that date (but heck, I could have posted it myself yesterday and forgot about by today - LOL!).

Doogie, apparently I made a mistake. I wrote down in my notes yesterday that Margaret was in San Francisco from 1937-67, but I don't think my notes are correct. I searched several of the recent threads and can't find a 1937 date to back up my notes. I may have been thinking of 1947 when her nurse's license was issued but, to be honest, I don't have a clue where I came up with the 1937 date. Sorry for the confusion.

HeartofTexas said:
Doogie, apparently I made a mistake. I wrote down in my notes yesterday that Margaret was in San Francisco from 1937-67, but I don't think my notes are correct. I searched several of the recent threads and can't find a 1937 date to back up my notes. I may have been thinking of 1947 when her nurse's license was issued but, to be honest, I don't have a clue where I came up with the 1937 date. Sorry for the confusion.
No problem. I know that my head gets spinning with all of the details here.

Dr. Doogie said:
Margaret plead guilty in 1953 to performing three illegal abortions (not legalized in California until a later date). She was sentenced to four months probation. She evidently had her nurses license revoked as a result of this arrest.

I did not post the details of her legal issues because I did not want to draw the forum into a tangent concerning the right or wrong of abortion. What Margaret was arrested for seems immaterial - what is important is if, somewhere in the public records of her arrest, Brody shows up. That would place the two of them together earlier than we have been able to establish.
DrDoogie, have you thought about checking the court records to see if she was placed on bond during this charge. It might be interesting to see who put up bond money as there would have to be signature of that person. Could it have been GB or his alias? Maybe he was involved someway and then changed his name and went on the run. Please check this out.

Another thing that could be interesting, since GW was a doctor- where was she employed at the time that got in trouble.

mysteriew said:
Another thing that could be interesting, since GW was a doctor- where was she employed at the time that got in trouble.
Remember that Margaret was an elderly patient, sick and dying, by the time GW met her at the county hospital.

Annasmom said:
Remember that Margaret was an elderly patient, sick and dying, by the time GW met her at the county hospital.

I had forgotten that. I had thought there might have been a possibility that they might have worked together at some point.

Annasmom said:
Hold on there, young missy! She was 49 years old when she went into the hospital. "Sick and dying" I'll buy..."elderly" is a little too close to home!

Dr. Doogie said:
Hold on there, young missy! She was 49 years old when she went into the hospital. "Sick and dying" I'll buy..."elderly" is a little too close to home!

I will second that! Thank you very much!

Thank you, Doogie, for letting everyone know we will NOT tolerate calling 49 year olds ELDERLY! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67