Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doogie, I joined newspaperarchive.com and found this (I dont know if youve already seen this before):

47b6d933b3127cce8b6ffa8df42100000016108EbNXLdoxam

GraceBlue said:
Doogie, I joined newspaperarchive.com and found this (I dont know if youve already seen this before):

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d933b3127cce8b6ffa8df42100000016108EbNXLdoxam
Thanks GraceBlue for finding this article on Margaret Kukoda. I had always wondered what she looked like and hunted for an article on the charges. Does anyone know her where abouts now? On Yahoo people search I found a M. Kukoda in N.J. and thought it interesting that I also found a Annie Kukoda listed for N.J. There was a Louis Kukoda listed and he lives a few streets from Annie Kukoda according to the map on their listings. DrDoogie, do you know if any of Margarets relatives have any ties to N.J? I would think that Anna's name would be spelled differently by her abductor, but maybe not enought to cause any concern by Anna. Annasmom, we are still searching for Anna, altho we don't post very often she is on our minds daily. Praying for a resolution soon.

kyresearcher said:
Thanks GraceBlue for finding this article on Margaret Kukoda. I had always wondered what she looked like and hunted for an article on the charges. Does anyone know her where abouts now? On Yahoo people search I found a M. Kukoda in N.J. and thought it interesting that I also found a Annie Kukoda listed for N.J. There was a Louis Kukoda listed and he lives a few streets from Annie Kukoda according to the map on their listings. DrDoogie, do you know if any of Margarets relatives have any ties to N.J? I would think that Anna's name would be spelled differently by her abductor, but maybe not enought to cause any concern by Anna. Annasmom, we are still searching for Anna, altho we don't post very often she is on our minds daily. Praying for a resolution soon.
I always wondered what she looked like, too!
Margaret died in 1967. GW was her doctor. That is how he met GB.

Fell Street seems to be a fairly major road, close to Golden Gate Avenue and Fillmore Street.

mfmangel1 said:
I always wondered what she looked like, too!
Margaret died in 1967. GW was her doctor. That is how he met GB.
You are right about her dying, I had forgotten that bit of info. Too much info for this old brain to keep up with. LOL

mfmangel1 said:
Fell Street seems to be a fairly major road, close to Golden Gate Avenue and Fillmore Street.
Fell St. is a major East-West (one way) street that runs through San Francisco. Oak St. parallels it. Golden Gate Park is off of it. Golden Gate crosses it I believe.

GraceBlue,

Thanks for posting that article. I had never seen that picture of Margaret. I tried to clean it up a little but there is only so much that you can do with an old newspaper picture. Here is my attempt.

How about the two LE names that are mentioned in the article? Homicide Inspectors, Melvin Jorgenson and William Cook? Dr. Doogie, did you have those names? I know that it has been discussed before about Margaret being arrested but has anyone ever seen the police report? There could be information in that report listing know associates or someting. What ever happened to this case? Did she go to trial or did she die before it went that far? Good find GraceBlue.

I had a copy of that article, but the picture on your post is substantially clearer than what I had - thanks!

The Kukodas in New Jersey are part of the same family. There was either one or two Kukodas who immigrated from Hungary around 1900. The family settled in New Jersey, they branches moved to Pennsylvania and Buffalo, New York. I will have to check my notes for exact details, but Annie Kukoda was eliminated as a possible match because it is a married name (she married a Kukoda).

Thanks, everyone for your research efforts!

Shadow205 said:
GraceBlue,

Thanks for posting that article. I had never seen that picture of Margaret. I tried to clean it up a little but there is only so much that you can do with an old newspaper picture. Here is my attempt.

[url="http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/th_MargaretKukoda.jpg"]http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/th_MargaretKukoda.jpg[/url]

How about the two LE names that are mentioned in the article? Homicide Inspectors, Melvin Jorgenson and William Cook? Dr. Doogie, did you have those names? I know that it has been discussed before about Margaret being arrested but has anyone ever seen the police report? There could be information in that report listing know associates or someting. What ever happened to this case? Did she go to trial or did she die before it went that far? Good find GraceBlue.
When Margaret was arrested, if the judge set bond for her to get out of jail, someone would have had to sign the bond, unless she was released on her own recognice. Could someone in Ca. check the court documents to see who signed the bond? Perhaps GB was the one to sign and from that you could get another address for him that might open another door, but>>>>what if he signed using his real name? Does anyone think this would be a good idea to check it out?

Good thought! I do not know if that sort of record is maintained for over fifty years, but I will look into it. Thanks!

kyresearcher said:
When Margaret was arrested, if the judge set bond for her to get out of jail, someone would have had to sign the bond, unless she was released on her own recognice. Could someone in Ca. check the court documents to see who signed the bond? Perhaps GB was the one to sign and from that you could get another address for him that might open another door, but>>>>what if he signed using his real name? Does anyone think this would be a good idea to check it out?
Great thinking kyreacher! Another thought, after MK lost her nursing license, what type of job did she pick up to be able to support GB? I know I read somewhere they lived together till her death in 1967. There is a 14 year span from 1953 - 1967. Could she have been arrested any other time during these years? Ever wonder what her insurance policy paid GB?

kyresearcher said:

What a great idea!!!!

SherlockJr said:
Annasmom, Who picked out Anna's middle name Christian? Was there someone you knew or GW knew named Christian?
Sherlock, I just picked it out myself. It wasn't for anyone in particular.

has anyone thought of creating an account on myspace for the sole purpose of promoting, for lack of better word.. the search for Anna?

I realize it could have both ups and downs in doing so, but I just keep getting caught on the fact that the website, myspace, is viewed millions of times per day..

i have a myspace account and i know i get alot of hits on it i also have a tracker on it it only tells you the time date and the location the person was who viewed my page.They also have groups and one of them im a member of is missing children i could post up annas info if its ok to

I will look into creating a "MySpace" site. Give me a couple of days to explore it. Thanks!

What a coincidence...I just signed up for Myspace a day or two ago. Didn't know about the group for missing children though...I went and joined it just now :)

I also put up some info about Anna on my website:
http://ginad42.googlepages.com/annawaters
I copied and pasted from some of the posts on here which explained the pertinent facts...if anyone objects to this, or if I need to cite my sources, let me know. I just want to get as much info on Anna out there as possible.

(I just added a note at the bottom of the page: "all of the above info was copied and edited from postings in the Websleuths forum")

your links to your pictures are not working when i click on them it asks me to sign into yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro