Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
smile22 said:
your links to your pictures are not working when i click on them it asks me to sign into yahoo
Gina,

The links to the pictures don't work for me either. Here is what I get when I clink on the link:

RESULT=49 - TCookie invalidVERSION=2.5:confused:

Annasunc said:
The story I hope we can get out is one of hope and perseverance, and how a virtual community has sprung up in cyberspace to offer support and assistance.

This gave me an idea. If ever any of the regulars on this forum live in Southwest Florida, I could use that as my "local" angle. It would fit in nicely with a story focused on the search, but would get info and photos out there. We have a HUGE population of snowbirds, so our paper (in season) would cover dozens of states. It's just a thought I had while rereading some of the postings.

The above quote is exactly what comes to mind when I picture a newspaper story on Anna.

Maybe I should start my own online newspaper.

reportertype said:
Annasunc said:
The story I hope we can get out is one of hope and perseverance, and how a virtual community has sprung up in cyberspace to offer support and assistance.

This gave me an idea. If ever any of the regulars on this forum live in Southwest Florida, I could use that as my "local" angle. It would fit in nicely with a story focused on the search, but would get info and photos out there. We have a HUGE population of snowbirds, so our paper (in season) would cover dozens of states. It's just a thought I had while rereading some of the postings.

The above quote is exactly what comes to mind when I picture a newspaper story on Anna.

Maybe I should start my own online newspaper.

I am in central west FL if that counts? Thats a good idea though!!

Shadow205 said:
Gina,

The links to the pictures don't work for me either. Here is what I get when I clink on the link:

RESULT=49 - TCookie invalidVERSION=2.5:confused:
Should be fixed now...thanks for the heads up :)

Annasmom...

I still have questions about Craig Barrick. He was the young man who stopped to pet the horses. Wouldn't there be mud in that area since it had been raining? I don't think I would stop if I were planning to visit inside a home with mud on my shoes. Could he see Anna's home from that point? Could he have watched to see when the friends visiting had left so Anna could be taken? Did he know Joe Ford just from work? Could he have been planted in the job to help? Did he keep Anna's mom, Joe and Suzanne busy so that someone could get Anna?

skywatchn said:
Annasmom...

I still have questions about Craig Barrick. He was the young man who stopped to pet the horses. Wouldn't there be mud in that area since it had been raining? I don't think I would stop if I were planning to visit inside a home with mud on my shoes. Could he see Anna's home from that point? Could he have watched to see when the friends visiting had left so Anna could be taken? Did he know Joe Ford just from work? Could he have been planted in the job to help? Did he keep Anna's mom, Joe and Suzanne busy so that someone could get Anna?
All I can tell you is that Craig was questioned extensively by Sheriff's officers at the time, that he frequently visited before and after Anna disappeared, that it was always muddy around there and we just took our shoes off at the door (and usually wore rubber boots outside). Craig was never under suspicion. He apparently was the last person to see Anna before her disappearance, which placed her at the front of the house, rather than in the back yard or toward the creek. This is what made us think she had gone up to get the mail and that she was taken from Purisima Creek Road.

Has anyone seen this page?
http://72.41.66.103/index.php/Main_Page
Seems they are testing a Wiki interface for a Missing Persons Database.
I thought it would be a good idea to enter Anna's info in there.

I am also adding a page to my website about Anna. Listing things such
as her favorite song, childhood experiences, etc. :)

Annasmom, Have you sent the requested information off to get passport information? Do they give you an idea how long this takes?

SherlockJr said:
Annasmom, Have you sent the requested information off to get passport information? Do they give you an idea how long this takes?
I got a letter explaining my reasons for wanting the information notarized as they requested and am waiting for GW's death certificate. As you can imagine, the clerk at the Passport Research department was not very forthcoming, so I don't know how long it will take. At any rate, I'm on it. Thanks for the reminder, Sherlock.

Annasmom,
I found a site you may want to look into having Anna posted on.

http://hot-on-the-trail-at.blog-city.com/read/abduction.htm

There are many great articles, discussions, threads, links related to missing persons and abductions. There is a section called "were you abducted as a baby?". It shows the pictures of missing kids according to the decade they went missing. It lists red flags to look for such as not having baby pictures prior to a certain age, a lack of or questionable birth/adoption documents, family rumors of where you came from, etc...

It wouldn't hurt to have Anna's pic on there just in case she Googles something that links her to that page.

Sleuthers, you will definitely want to bookmark this page.

itsreenw said:
Annasmom,

There are many great articles, discussions, threads, links related to missing persons and abductions. There is a section called "were you abducted as a baby?". It shows the pictures of missing kids according to the decade they went missing. It lists red flags to look for such as not having baby pictures prior to a certain age, a lack of or questionable birth/adoption documents, family rumors of where you came from, etc...

It wouldn't hurt to have Anna's pic on there just in case she Googles something that links her to that page.

Itsreenw,

What a great web site. There is so much information on it and links to just about everything you could think of including Websleuths! I agree that it would be a good idea to get Anna listed there.

Annasmom said:
I got a letter explaining my reasons for wanting the information notarized as they requested and am waiting for GW's death certificate. As you can imagine, the clerk at the Passport Research department was not very forthcoming, so I don't know how long it will take. At any rate, I'm on it. Thanks for the reminder, Sherlock.
Due to my general slacker mentality, you should be receiving the death certificate in today's mail. Sorry.

Dr. Doogie said:
Due to my general slacker mentality, you should be receiving the death certificate in today's mail. Sorry.
No need to apologize; you know you can do no wrong in my mind. Besides, it arrived today. Thank you, Doogie.

Annasmom

Has Craig Barrick ever seen a picture of GW and GB to determine whether these two men (old man and young man), who drove by when he stopped to look at the horses on the day Anna dissappeared, are indeed the same people?

GraceBlue said:
Annasmom

Has Craig Barrick ever seen a picture of GW and GB to determine whether these two men (old man and young man), who drove by when he stopped to look at the horses on the day Anna dissappeared, are indeed the same people?
GraceBlue, I haven't had any contact with Craig for more than 30 years and don't even know where he is. All I can tell you is that he was questioned by Sheriff's deputies at the time of Anna's disappearance. As I recall, he only had a glance at the couple in the car. At this late date, I wouldn't expect he would remember even if he could be located.

We could probably find him (I believe that I did locate him with a quick search), but Annasmom is correct: the chances that he could identify two men that he got fleeting glimpse of 33 years ago is nil. The window of opportunity where Craig might have been able to supply some valuable information is long closed. If he had viewed the pictures within a week or so, it may have been useful - not now.

itsreenw said:
Annasmom,

Wow, what an awesome find! I was looking for something like that too.
Great job! I like the section "Were you abducted..." It says right now
that section is for babies who were abducted when they were under 3 years
old, and in August they'll have a section for 3- to 4-year-olds. (And hopefully
soon after that, 5-year-olds)

I'm definitely linking to this one on my site...thanks! :D

Gina_M said:
Has anyone seen this page?
http://72.41.66.103/index.php/Main_Page
Seems they are testing a Wiki interface for a Missing Persons Database.
I thought it would be a good idea to enter Anna's info in there.

I am also adding a page to my website about Anna. Listing things such
as her favorite song, childhood experiences, etc. :)
Hiya Gina...yes, this is a great new site. I have already gotten permission from Annasmom to put a page on here for Anna and I am currently working on getting all the info. together. Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miket377