Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Doogie said:
I received the following email from someone who is not a member here:

The reason I ask is that about ten years ago I knew this girl - we attended Tulsa Community College together - and her name was spelled similar to Anna's mom and she pronounced it Ma-KAY-la.

Anyway, it seems like this girl's name appeared to be spelled differently (like Michaela or Michelle) but she pronounced it the other way. She was near to my age - I am 40 now - give or take a couple of years in either direction. She was living in Tulsa near to the downtown area in a very small but quaint apartment in a house and was a masseuse. The last time I saw her was around Thanksgiving 1995 or 1996 because actually she was so sad as to be odd. She was going through therapy - to do with her identity and other issues - and had an uncomfortable habit of attaching herself to you. She attached herself to me and literally I took her with me to my family's for Thanksgiving and she wouldn't let me out of her sight.
Any more word on this Tulsa tipster?

Maybe we should have a separate thread for each lead...just a suggestion :angel:

I just posted the following message on Adoptions.com:

icon_heart.gif
Anna, Nonda, Eddie, Saturn, Melon, Lionel
DO ANY OF THOSE NAMES SOUND FAMILIAR TO YOU?
I am helping a lady look for her daughter who was abducted from her yard in 1973 in HALF MOON BAY, CA NEAR SAN FRANCISCO. The child may have been raised by her abductor or put up for an illegal adoption.

Her real name is ANNA CHRISTIAN WATERS, born 9-25-1967.
Her mother's name is MICHAELE, her two brothers are EDDIE and NONDA. She had a dog named SATURN. Cats named PATCHES, MELON & LIONEL. Her stepdad was JOE (JOKA). She loved to write Lo Lo Lo, probably trying to write the word "Love". The family had a converted bus and lived on a ranch near PURISMO CREEK.

If there is any female approx. 37-40 who has memories about this please Google the name "ANNA CHRISTIAN WATERS". There is a massive search for you or go to Websleuths.com

itsreenw said:
I just posted the following message on Adoptions.com:
itsreenw,

I just posted your above message as a bulletin on myspace.com

SherlockJr said:
What catagory did you place this ad? I could not find it. The moderators probably took it down.
Thanks Shadow205 for adding that to MySpace. SherlockJr, it is in the thread that says "All adoptees post here..."

SherlockJr,
you are right- it isn't there. I am emailing the site mods to ask why it wasn't posted. I didn't violate any TOS.

icon_heart.gif
Anna, Nonda, Eddie, Saturn, Melon, Lionel

DO ANY OF THOSE NAMES SOUND FAMILIAR TO YOU?
I am helping a lady look for her daughter who was abducted from her yard in 1973 in HALF MOON BAY, CA NEAR SAN FRANCISCO. The child may have been raised by her abductor or put up for an illegal adoption.

Her real name is ANNA CHRISTIAN WATERS, born 9-25-1967.
Her mother's name is MICHAELE, her two brothers are EDDIE and NONDA. She had a dog named SATURN. Cats named PATCHES, MELON & LIONEL. Her stepdad was JOE (JOKA). She loved to write Lo Lo Lo, probably trying to write the word "Love". The family had a converted bus and lived on a ranch near PURISMO CREEK.

If there is any female approx. 37-40 who has memories about this please Google the name "ANNA CHRISTIAN WATERS". There is a massive search for you or go to Websleuths.com
The message is posted now at the link below. It is post #119

http://forums.adoption.com/search-birthfamily-adoptee/249493-all-adoptees-please-post-here-6.html

I came across this site, and though it says they investigate unsolved homicides, I am wondering if they might possibly take this case. It is a group of retired law enforcement professionals who work on cold cases- The Vidocq Society.
Here is the page for how to request consideration: http://www.vidocq.org/seekhelp.html and a family member can do it.
Though I have never known anyone who actually used them, it seems like a long time ago I read an article about them and they are supposed to be highly respected.

I also have read about them. They are highly respected. Annasmom it might be worth a try with them.

Anna is now listed at the following site, please check it out!

http://hot-on-the-trail-at.blog-city.com/anna_christian_waters_little_girl_missing_since_1973.htm

Itsreenw posted the link to the site a while back and I contacted the owner and asked her to please list Anna on her site. She has a section "Were You Abducted As A Child" as well as coverage on other types of cases. She gets a lot of hits on her site and I think to have Anna added there is great exposure.

Here is a snip of what she had to say about us here at WS's:

To read about the extensive investigation being conducted on this case, go to WebSleuths, a reputable web sleuthing community that is over 9,000 members strong. If there ever was an investigative community that is able to unearth information, WebSleuths is the one.http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/waters_anna.html

I think that she did an excellent job on listing Anna. Thank you so much Pias! Please visit her site.

Shadow205 said:
Anna is now listed at the following site, please check it out!

http://hot-on-the-trail-at.blog-city.com/anna_christian_waters_little_girl_missing_since_1973.htm

Itsreenw posted the link to the site a while back and I contacted the owner and asked her to please list Anna on her site. She has a section "Were You Abducted As A Child" as well as coverage on other types of cases. She gets a lot of hits on her site and I think to have Anna added there is great exposure.

Here is a snip of what she had to say about us here at WS's:

To read about the extensive investigation being conducted on this case, go to WebSleuths, a reputable web sleuthing community that is over 9,000 members strong. If there ever was an investigative community that is able to unearth information, WebSleuths is the one.

I think that she did an excellent job on listing Anna. Thank you so much Pias! Please visit her site.
Pias, very nice write up on Anna. Thank you!!!

Shadow205 said:
Thanks, Shadow205, for getting this posted.

A quick reading of the post does show a couple of errors: 1) There were no other children with Anna at the time she disappeared, and 2) The "inaccurate" age progression is listed as the most recent age-progression. It was in fact an earlier rendition. The A-P that is at the top of the page (and the one that we are using to compare to the new woman that we are examining) is the most current. Could you contact the admin of this site to make those corrections and to express our heart-felt thanks for their efforts?

Shadow205 said:
Anytime. I am happy to help. Please feel free to let me know when I can be of further assistance.

I now have a Flickr Badge on HOTT which I am using to show photos of missing persons to which I have added a photo of what Anna looked like at the time of her disappearance, and what she may have looked like at age 36. I used that age progressed photo because I believe Annasmom didn't think the last one was a fair likeness of her. Please correct me if I am wrong and let me know if you would like this photo updated.

HOTT is now also added as a Live Feed to other crime blog sites, but was added only today as this feature just started among the crime blog circle so it was not in time to feature Anna's post. As a result, I will run a fresh post for Anna in the future to assure she gets as much additional exposure as possible. I am thinking I will do that post on the anniversary of Anna's disappearance. If there is any additional information you would like me to include in that future post, please contact me. Perhaps a synopsis of your investigation to date or something similar.

I pray you will find answers about your daughter that will end your search Annasmom, and I pray those answers lead to a happy reunion for the both of you soon.

My thoughts and prayers are with each and every one.

Bless you all at WS for your dedication to helping families in crisis.
_

HOTT: Helping to turn up the heat on cold cases.
_
One grain of sand does not make a desert
One drop of water does not make an ocean
Nor one star a universe
But one person CAN make a difference
Perhaps you hold the key that can help unlock a mystery

Dr. Doogie said:
Thanks, Shadow205, for getting this posted.

A quick reading of the post does show a couple of errors: 1) There were no other children with Anna at the time she disappeared, and 2) The "inaccurate" age progression is listed as the most recent age-progression. It was in fact an earlier rendition. The A-P that is at the top of the page (and the one that we are using to compare to the new woman that we are examining) is the most current. Could you contact the admin of this site to make those corrections and to express our heart-felt thanks for their efforts?
Duly noted. Will fix directly. I explained my choice of the age progressed photo and did include the most recent one at the bottom, but I shall add it at the top and remove the part of other children playing nearby. I had read at a post for her disappearance that there were several children in the yard at the time. I can't recall where I seen it so I will not be able to attach a link for you, but If I run across it in the future I will forward it on so that you might be able to contact that site in order to have the matter corrected there as well. Pias

Pias said:
Duly noted. Will fix directly. I explained my choice of the age progressed photo and did include the most recent one at the bottom, but I shall add it at the top and remove the part of other children playing nearby. I had read at a post for her disappearance that there were several children in the yard at the time. I can't recall where I seen it so I will not be able to attach a link for you, but If I run across it in the future I will forward it on so that you might be able to contact that site in order to have the matter corrected there as well. Pias
No, the picture that you currently have on top is the correct / most recent age-progression. You incorrectly identified the picture at the bottom as the most recent and it is only that identification that I am trying to correct.

Thanks, Pias, for both posting the information and your willingness to get your information correct. Eveytime we get exposure in a new venue, we have had new leads develop. Hopefully, that trend will continue!

Pias said:
There were no other children within miles, as far as I know. She was the only elementary school student on the road at the time. Thank you, Pias, for such a well-written story and for posting it so prominently. And thank you, thank you, for all your kind words and thoughts to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KariGirl