Season 2 Episode 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to say i really thought the medical examiner was very brave to come forward with her very revealing information about the crime scene and good on her to throw some light into just how corrupt that MC actually was in this case. I wish her all the best.

Maybe this is a dumb question but one that has been bothering me a bit. Did KZ and her investigators actually re test Avery's blood sample/s from the RAV to just verify if it was in fact his blood?
Or were the samples too degraded?
If the blood in the vehicle didn't belong to SA that could answer a few questions about retrieval of the blood from his trailer and make it a moot point.
With the way this investigation was handled nothing would surprise me.
And remember what the criminal expert said that nothing KZ's team tested could be duplicated, nothing. Very suspect that not even 1 or 2 tests could be duplicated.

I have to say i really thought the medical examiner was very brave to come forward with her very revealing information about the crime scene and good on her to throw some light into just how corrupt that MC actually was in this case. I wish her all the best.
Interesting how she was banned, but it was okay to have Lenk and Coburn there, when they were deposed for SA' lawsuit!

Another thing that blew me away, which I had heard before but not from Zellner, was the witness who saw Teresa's car on the side of the road. Apparently he reported it to Colburn.
He has a nasty habit of not reporting information. I'm guessing that witness felt confident LE would use that info to find the murderer, but it is possible Colburn and Co. used it to send SA away for life- 2 birds, one stone.

Ok, watching episdoe 10 now, don't feel so guilty posting here. I was really impressed by the testing, and the testing of Teresa driving, when bobby left. All of it.

I peaked at a few fb pages, and I was just curious how the family is handling the fact KZ is looking into other possible suspects.

Do they get to exam Teresa's car?

It feels like they are running through hallways looking for a door, but find windows instead.

Has anyone mentioned the journal in this thread (are we only allowed to post about what happened during the specific thread # in the title?) ? The fact that TH's ex had it, yet she used it to jot down appointments as she was driving around on the day she was murdered. This to me, was huge. I'm not sure which episode it was from as I binge watched.

I don't think anyone cares where you post info :) I still haven't been able to finish the series, so I haven't seen the part about the journal but it was part of a motion that KZ filed. I am cautious about believing that she was out driving, only because of Teresa's phone records. The tower information puts her at or near her home until around 1 pm IIRC.

the whole season revealed a lot more than most of us here knew..
thx again, missy.. i just wanted to ask what's next reg. avery's legal proceedings.

yeah, the journal was interesting... i don't think that she was returning home.. only to leave a piece of paper there, or a journal for that matter. nobody saw here coming back home?

so hillegas had the journal and knew about the broken light on her car... and knew her password. i mean... wow.

the whole season revealed a lot more than most of us here knew..
thx again, missy.. i just wanted to ask what's next reg. avery's legal proceedings.

yeah, the journal was interesting... i don't think that she was returning home.. only to leave a piece of paper there, or a journal for that matter. nobody saw here coming back home?

so hillegas had the journal and knew about the broken light on her car... and knew her password. i mean... wow.

I need to look up why he did mention the broken light, and said Teresa made a claim, but know she didn't get it fix and not list it on her missing flyer. And not having light on a car is very noticeable.

When I watched MAM1 I got this strange feeling that TH had not been murdered, the whole thing just did not seem real to me, no body, questionable identification of bones/teeth and so little evidence of her in the RAV4 , even the woman who worked at Auto Trader who testified being "close " to her hadn't actually met her in person , kinda weird ...

"no body, questionable identification of bones/teeth and so little evidence of her in the RAV4"
true.. no blood, no hair, neither. at the actual crime scene (where she was allegedly tortured and killed).

i think a fairly unbiased jury would not come to the conclusion that they reached back then.. if i would be on a jury, the blood would worry me the most, avery's blood. but then again i'd be confused by the way the blood is spread... so i don't know.

Interesting how she was banned, but it was okay to have Lenk and Coburn there, when they were deposed for SA' lawsuit!

Yes, we know the 'conflict of interest' was not taken seriously when the star 'investigators' were people deposed in the malicious prosecution lawsuit were the 'star' investigators who were always on hand when key evidence was 'discovered'.

I don't think anyone cares where you post info :) I still haven't been able to finish the series, so I haven't seen the part about the journal but it was part of a motion that KZ filed. I am cautious about believing that she was out driving, only because of Teresa's phone records. The tower information puts her at or near her home until around 1 pm IIRC.

By 'journal' are we discussing the 'day planner' TH printed off her computer?

I believe that KZ matches up info about the phone call TH received to the time that she wrote it in her journal and then surmises that she wouldn't have had time to go back to her home before continuing along her route that day. The strange thing is that the ex somehow ends up with her journal even though she likely had it with her in the car.

By 'journal' are we discussing the 'day planner' TH printed off her computer?

Yes, she also wrote it in by hand. She received a phone call from a client as she was driving, told the client she was pulling over to write down appointment date and time. It's on that paper, I guess maybe it was inside of a journal.

OK - that's what I thought.

Halbach%2Bday%2Bplanner.PNG

Otherwise, if there's an actual journal for TH's thoughts and feelings that would certainly be interesting.

OK - that's what I thought.

Halbach%2Bday%2Bplanner.PNG

Otherwise, if there's an actual journal for TH's thoughts and feelings that would certainly be interesting.

That's the page, yes! Was this inside of a journal? I am confused as to why it was called a journal, maybe they used the word "diary"? Does anyone remember?

That's the page, yes! Was this inside of a journal? I am confused as to why it was called a journal, maybe they used the word "diary"? Does anyone remember?

I think of a 'diary' or a 'journal' as a bound book, often containing free writing from the owner. If KZ mentioned a 'journal' I would expect a bound book or notebook with blank pages for TH to fill in with whatever she chose.

This is just an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper printed off her computer sometimes called a 'day planner' - not bound just a one-off thing which shows her schedule and also gives her a place to not new appointments that come up for her after it was printed. This one appears much like an excel spreadsheet with slots to indicate the time of day appointments might be scheduled.

I know in some contexts a 'diary' might refer to an appointment book that isn't so much a personal record but more of a record of planned appointments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back