Season 2 Episode 10

hah.. reading the transcript of the phone call between avery and barb, this was certainly not scott tadychs finest hour:

"you don't have a fu*ing clue".. "you ruined my fu*ing life".."you f*ing jailbird motherf*"..

why the hatred.. he's the one living in freedom, screwing his sister(!)... from all that i doubt if he was connected to anything, as stupid as he is.

and while i read brad dasseys affidavit, i thought of another thing:
what about teresas picture on the dassey computer?

was there one?

This conversation really had me thinking yesterday. After hashing some stuff out, here is my take on the conversation:

Scott's nonsense and Barb denying she had internet were not intentional lies. I'm thinking that instead of that being a legitimate alibi they were trying to build, these are just dumb, inarticulate people. The words they said aren't what they meant. Their gut reaction of "Nuh uh! How dare you!" came out faster than their ability to form words in an intelligent way.

I know someone a lot like this. They could be walking around their house with muddy shoes tracking mud everywhere, you tell them this, they might go so far as to deny they are wearing shoes even though you can literally see them on their feet.

They mean to say something, but instead of carefully choosing words, they just say whatever comes to mind because a what you said upset them or they felt some way attacked and the words themselves literally mean nothing substantive. They often don't even remember the stuff they said because it was all just knee-jerk emoting. When they take a second to think, they can explain that they are in a hurry, don't have time to prevent the mess, and will deal with it later.

I'm thinking Scott and Barb were doing the same type of thing. Just a loud and vigorous denial, words or specifics weren't taken into account because the sense of feeling attacked overrides any common sense or reason. They aren't working out a scheme to wiggle out of the accusations, they are mostly just venting frustrations AT the accusations. I think maybe they're just facing stuff they aren't emotionally/mentally mature enough to fully handle in a way that makes sense to most people.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
This conversation really had me thinking yesterday. After hashing some stuff out, here is my take on the conversation:

Scott's nonsense and Barb denying she had internet were not intentional lies. I'm thinking that instead of that being a legitimate alibi they were trying to build, these are just dumb, inarticulate people. The words they said aren't what they meant. Their gut reaction of "Nuh uh! How dare you!" came out faster than their ability to form words in an intelligent way.

I know someone a lot like this. They could be walking around their house with muddy shoes tracking mud everywhere, you tell them this, they might go so far as to deny they are wearing shoes even though you can literally see them on their feet.

They mean to say something, but instead of carefully choosing words, they just say whatever comes to mind because a what you said upset them or they felt some way attacked and the words themselves literally mean nothing substantive. They often don't even remember the stuff they said because it was all just knee-jerk emoting. When they take a second to think, they can explain that they are in a hurry, don't have time to prevent the mess, and will deal with it later.

I'm thinking Scott and Barb were doing the same type of thing. Just a loud and vigorous denial, words or specifics weren't taken into account because the sense of feeling attacked overrides any common sense or reason. They aren't working out a scheme to wiggle out of the accusations, they are mostly just venting frustrations AT the accusations. I think maybe they're just facing stuff they aren't emotionally/mentally mature enough to fully handle in a way that makes sense to most people.

So what do you guys think?

I think it's odd that Barb is still with ST after he testified against SA, and said some damning stuff about her bro to the news. Plus his 10 ft high flame story helped convict BD.
None of it makes sense. These two don't have the common sense God gave a gnat, IMO.

I agree that there's likely some anger management issues involved. But there does seem to be some monkey business going on regarding ST and his testimony.

I think it's odd that Barb is still with ST after he testified against SA, and said some damning stuff about her bro to the news. Plus his 10 ft high flame story helped convict BD.
None of it makes sense. These two don't have the common sense God gave a gnat, IMO.
Yeah. Imagine if the ST testimoney didn't happen, would the Bobby testimony go on? Would Steven's trial have collapsed? Would Brendan have ever gone to jail? Barb said KZ is trying to split up a perfectly happy family, and he has two sons to take care of...without his testifying, it might have been 3 sons.
I agree that there's likely some anger management issues involved. But there does seem to be some monkey business going on regarding ST and his testimony.
Oh yeah. His testimony is sketchy, I'm just not sure what he says in that phone call really is. I think he's just dumb and is bad with words. Neither Barb nor Steven take him very seriously through his ranting. He is barely even able to form whole sentences and Barb tells him to shut up at some point.

Funny how Steven manages to seem like the mature and thoughtful one on that phone call though.
"You don't want me to talk about Scott's temper on the the phone, do you?" (paraphased). It's like he was still trying to look out for Scott and Barb a little bit.

Yeah. Imagine if the ST testimoney didn't happen, would the Bobby testimony go on? Would Steven's trial have collapsed? Would Brendan have ever gone to jail? Barb said KZ is trying to split up a perfectly happy family, and he has two sons to take care of...without his testifying, it might have been 3 sons.

Oh yeah. His testimony is sketchy, I'm just not sure what he says in that phone call really is. I think he's just dumb and is bad with words. Neither Barb nor Steven take him very seriously through his ranting. He is barely even able to form whole sentences and Barb tells him to shut up at some point.

Funny how Steven manages to seem like the mature and thoughtful one on that phone call though.
"You don't want me to talk about Scott's temper on the the phone, do you?" (paraphased). It's like he was still trying to look out for Scott and Barb a little bit.

I think SA stayed calm because he knew he was being recorded and that it would probably be on the show. I think the other two were so mad that they totally forgot they were being recorded and that it would be on season 2.

I just can't with this blood in the sink. To ME it just doesn't add up. To me this is the biggest piece of evidence that KZ came up with that just doesn't make sense. How would they know he bled? And get there just in time before it dried? It just doesn't seem plausible. IMO it made much more sense that they took it from a vial.

Probably the most inexplicable thing for me is the dried blood flakes.
Totally agree. I even did an internet search for "blood flakes"because i have never heard of blood described in that way. My search wasn't very successful, and pretty much all i found was blood flakes in urine, & blood flakes under dandruff on the scalp, or blood flukes which is a type of parasitic flat worm.
Very strange those blood flakes found in the vehicle. I think the only way they could of been obtained was to get them from dried blood with a very fine instrument to turn the blood into flakes, IMO.

I think SA stayed calm because he knew he was being recorded and that it would probably be on the show. I think the other two were so mad that they totally forgot they were being recorded and that it would be on season 2.

I just can't with this blood in the sink. To ME it just doesn't add up. To me this is the biggest piece of evidence that KZ came up with that just doesn't make sense. How would they know he bled? And get there just in time before it dried? It just doesn't seem plausible. IMO it made much more sense that they took it from a vial.

So if Bobby was standing there with Steve when the gash reopened, watched him walk into his trailer to deal with it , watched him come back out and leave, also knowing he was going to Menards, which was in green bay, does that change your mind?

I think what is being lost with this blood in the sink thing is that KZ isn't saying LE did it, she is saying that Bobby did it, at least right now lol

So if Bobby was standing there with Steve when the gash reopened, watched him walk into his trailer to deal with it , watched him come back out and leave, also knowing he was going to Menards, which was in green bay, does that change your mind?

I think what is being lost with this blood in the sink thing is that KZ isn't saying LE did it, she is saying that Bobby did it, at least right now lol

Even if Bobby did it; it still doesn't add up for me. Even if he saw the cut he couldn't know that SA bled all over the sink. Or know how to get the blood and still be able to put it in the car. To get drops like those in the car--you would have to have an eyedropper and I don't see Bobby having one handy. IMO it would make way more sense that LE did it. At least they would have the right equipment. But I still don't think that happened

I do think KZ inferred LE did it as they said they would have droppers etc, that was why he saw headlights etc etc

I do think it odd that SA has always said someone cleaned blood out of his sink. That gives me pause. But dang it's still "out there"

Would they have been able to tell by sight if the blood had somehow been reconstituted with a small amount of water? For example, someone goes into SA's trailer to look for any type of DNA that can be planted, sees dried blood, adds a bit of water to make it easier to suck up into an emptied bottle of eye drops. Do they test for consistency?

Would they have been able to tell by sight if the blood had somehow been reconstituted with a small amount of water? For example, someone goes into SA's trailer to look for any type of DNA that can be planted, sees dried blood, adds a bit of water to make it easier to suck up into an emptied bottle of eye drops. Do they test for consistency?

For all we know, that blood wasn't Steven's and the sink blood is a red herring. Didn't Zellner's expert say the easiest or most common way to plant evidence is to change/mislabel it.

It is often assumed that creating an item of evidence de nova or enhancing an item of evidence is an effective method of evidence tampering; however simply relabeling an errant known standard/ reference swab as a questioned item/exhibit, accomplishes the goal of identifying the defendant far more efficiently. There is sufficient evidence to hypothesize that this approach to evidence tampering occurred [With the groin swabs and hood latch swabs].
Source: http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/015-Affidavit-of-Dr-Reich.pdf
No reason to think the swabs from the car actually were Steven's blood.

Even if Bobby did it; it still doesn't add up for me. Even if he saw the cut he couldn't know that SA bled all over the sink. Or know how to get the blood and still be able to put it in the car. To get drops like those in the car--you would have to have an eyedropper and I don't see Bobby having one handy. IMO it would make way more sense that LE did it. At least they would have the right equipment. But I still don't think that happened

I do think KZ inferred LE did it as they said they would have droppers etc, that was why he saw headlights etc etc

I do think it odd that SA has always said someone cleaned blood out of his sink. That gives me pause. But dang it's still "out there"

Ok, I concede that he wouldn't know he bled all over the sink, but if he saw SA actively bleeding and going into his trailer and coming back out and leaving in his truck, he might be inclined to go check it out. He could have even been going in there for other reasons and found the blood. I thought the same about the dropper, but in a tweet last week KZ seems to think that it could have been done with a rag, so I hope she has discussed that with her expert, he seemed a whole lot smarter than the rest of us lol I don't know about LE doing it, because then they would have to have knowledge on the evening of the 3rd that she dead, and they knew where the RAV4 was to plant it within a certain amount of time. It only makes sense that if it was planted that way that it was someone that could get to the RAV4 right away too?

I am not sure if you have read all of the recent motions filed by KZ, so I may be at an advantage of knowing that she is saying that Bobby is the one that had the opportunity and did do the blood planting. The only drop of blood in the RAV4 that gives me pause about this theory (assuming a rag or cloth was used) is the one in the back passenger door jam.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-294.jpg

Looking at this photo again... now I'm second guessing my second guessing lol It's not as clean of a drop as I remembered. I am not sure if there is a better picture of that drop out there, but this was entered into the evidence at trial.

I am not sure BelleIsle, I have seen this question asked elsewhere, and I'm not sure I have ever read a good answer.

For all we know, that blood wasn't Steven's and the sink blood is a red herring. Didn't Zellner's expert say the easiest or most common way to plant evidence is to change/mislabel it.

Source: http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/015-Affidavit-of-Dr-Reich.pdf
No reason to think the swabs from the car actually were Steven's blood.

Yep, that's why I was wondering if they ever actually retested the blood to make sure it was even SA's DNA.

Yep, that's why I was wondering if they ever actually retested the blood to make sure it was even SA's DNA.
That's what i was wondering in one of the other threads?
If no one else like KZ has been able to independently test the blood in question as being SA's as a fact, then that could just be an assumption?
Do you know who did the original testing of the blood in the RAV missy? Was it SC?
I found it interesting what KZ's expert said about all of TH's DNA in the rear of the vehicle, and all of SA's in the front of the vehicle and no mixing of DNA of both in a crime scene in the vehicle.
I gathered that it is pretty much unheard of in any given crime, IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back