Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JM said he didn't think the threatened Travis with a gun at any point while he was in the shower?

Maybe he has to take that line since it was his position during the trial?

I've listened to her testimony many times and remember that she remarked being limited in what she was given and each time she said that, Martinez told her he did not want to hear about her being limited. He even at one point brought up that he was not aware she complained about not receiving everything. He also told her she could have done face to face interviews if she chose to . I agree she is very crooked.

I must be confused then. I was under the impression in response to JM's questioning that ALV could ask for anything she wanted, that it was Fonseca and the guy with the two-tone hair that were limited in the scope of their reading.

I just saw the other day- the basis for the Spidey underwear. Cameron Diaz dances around in them in the 2000 movie "Charlie's Angels". It was on the SYFY channel a few days ago!

Yes, IIRC, JM brought this up in the guilt phase in his cross of ALV. Almost certainly, he got the source from social media.

Thanks for reporting back to us. I won't listen/watch Jenny McCarthy because I think she's an idiot with her anti-vaxx attitude!:doh::maddening::banghead:

I totally and thoroughly agree. Ohh, and the ex-Playboy bunny thing...

Hope,
Yes towards the end of about a 20-25 minute interview I think she was asking about the shower photos on that day and he jokingly said that he had heard that some people thought she had a gun on him in some of photos and he thought ... Paraphrasing here .....that that just didn't happen.

He said he didn't think Travis knew she was coming and somehow conned her way in. He also believes that they had sex and photo session that day and that he absolutely did not see it (her murdering him) coming...☹️

Jenny McCarthy watched the trial like us and was into it, thought jodi was crazy psyco but fascinating, she loved Juan as prosecutor, so she had a lot of good questions ... She also asked him about her suitcases and when she put her stuff in the car that day..... But I got a phone call and didn't here that answer!

JMO, but I'm pretty sure the was well aware of how Travis felt about Lisa and vice versa, and almost immediately so upon moving to Mesa.

The snooped his texts and emails from the first week she lived in Mesa, followed Lisa and Travis on dates, had to have known they were talking marriage in the fall of 2007
( which IMO made the began fantasizing about murder), and according to Travis, walked in on Travis with his arms wrapped around Lisa when they were telling each other "I love you."

Again IMO, I doubt very much that Travis wrote anything at all in his journal about her stalking him or the psycho things she did. I don't think that was his MO, and in March 2008 I think he was still in deep denial about the .

My guess is the had already read his journals multiple times, knew what was in them, and stole them for the same reason she stole the diamond engagement ring....to cause Travis pain, and to punish him for loving Lisa.

I agree that she knew about Lisa. She met Lisa in May 2007, but she didn't know that Lisa was any different from any of the other women, like Chiatanya, etc.

The one thing that JA kept repeating and kept going back to in her explanations was how she found about how he'd been seeing Lisa "all along" after he and Lisa had broken up. She wears that statement like an excuse or pity badge. I don't know about the listening in the house thing, but if it happened, maybe Travis got her to believe something different about what she'd heard.

My profile name comes from a joke Eddie Murphy told on one of his comedy movies about how a man can cheat, a woman can see him do it, and all he has to do is explain it away or say, "Wasn't me."

Warning: he is cursing. It is Eddie Murphy. [video=youtube;u_f6qFBQD9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_f6qFBQD9U[/video]

But I believe it explains my theory about Jodi until she got the journals and saw the email.

I'm not sure which pic you mean... this one is the only one I recall seeing that looked like a print on the carpet.

View attachment 91463

It was by the bed. A Foot print. Or at least one "lone Wilda-beast" trample.

There wasn't an anniversary celebration 'cos there wasn't an anniversary. IIRC, TA did not send her a Valentine's Day gift in 2007 (contrary to her claims regarding Spidey pants and melted chocolates); they were not, to his mind evidently, "boyfriend/girlfriend" at this time.

Nor in 2008, but she sure was trying to text him and stuff that V-day. It was comical.

Great. Especially, the part about TA's journal and how that was the light switch.

To add to the mix, I don't believe Jodi was invited to the cookie-making party. IIRC per Hope, she seems to have just showed up? Or maybe this was another time, and I'm confusing it? IIRC, there were several occasions when TA was having a bunch of friends over and she wasn't invited. She really wasn't included in his inner circle.

Also, in regards to the NY visit, TA expressly told her he didn't want any romantic overtures when they were there. There is a photo where she is all over him in the grove. He looks very unhappy.

This was in the May 2007 journal. I don't know if she was invited or if this was the time where she claimed she showed up a Travis' house, thinking she'd surprise visit him like he had her on the occasion that Naps supposedly almost drowned in the pool. But on this occasion, she'd been there, she'd been with him dinner at the Hyatt's, I believe. Lisa said in court that she'd met Jodi. I believe she described her as hanging on Travis at house events. I don't believe Jodi was invited to any of his events once they "broke up" and she moved to Mesa. I think he was presenting her to friends differently before the summer of 2007.

I'm not sure what Travis might have told her about romance on the trip, but Jodi was hardly one to take Travis at his word about stuff like that. Like I said, according to her father, she'd talked to Angela about her and Travis getting married and THEN JA and TA broke up, but became friends. That sounds like it happened around the same time as that trip, which she mentions in the journal was a place where Mormon regularly got engaged.

I love Juan Martinez. I have the biggest prosecution crush on him in the whole wide world. BUT....

One thing that annoyed me during the trial and I'd like to talk to him about or tell him is that -- jodi was right about the shaving picture.

That part of the trial drove me mad when we had to listen to her on that interrogation tape over and over and over..."It took a lot of convincing, prior, when he was shaving...."

I looked at it the other night, and so I looked it up in my ebook to see if he wrote about it. He explained it that same way. He said Travis was shaving on June 4th when Jodi convinced him to take shower photos.

What do you all think of that? I believe she shifted topics and started telling Flores about the shaving pic, the one that she claimed he used as his myspace profile picture.

If JM is right, that would mean she put that shaving picture on his myspace profile AFTER the murder. Could she have done that? Did any friends tell JM that the picture hadn't always been on the MS profile? Or did she take these shaving pics of Travis in January 2008 like she said?

At the beginning of February, she did take those office pictures.

Does anyone think Travis was shaving on June 4th, prior to the shower photos?

JM made very few errors, in my opinion. I was 99.98% with him, but .001% was what he was saying about the shaving photos, and .001% had to do with the rope.

I don't know what those fibers were, but I vote pill fringe, carpet fringe, or fringe from TA's flipflops. I couldn't imagine a rope long enough to tie her up with that has threads that are also twisted in addition to them all being twisted together. Hope that made sense how I said it.

JA only made up the story about the rope because the fibers were found there, so I believe they MUST have to do with the murder or why would she had bothered to make up the whole rope story? Lie for the sake of lying? Why not just say, dude, I have no idea about those micro ropes? But then, I think that they would have tested the carpet or the fibers from the pillow fringe--well, I would have thought so until they said they didn't fingerprint test the actual shower, that is.

I love Juan Martinez. I have the biggest prosecution crush on him in the whole wide world. BUT....

One thing that annoyed me during the trial and I'd like to talk to him about or tell him is that -- jodi was right about the shaving picture.

That part of the trial drove me mad when we had to listen to her on that interrogation tape over and over and over..."It took a lot of convincing, prior, when he was shaving...."

I looked at it the other night, and so I looked it up in my ebook to see if he wrote about it. He explained it that same way. He said Travis was shaving on June 4th when Jodi convinced him to take shower photos.

What do you all think of that? I believe she shifted topics and started telling Flores about the shaving pic, the one that she claimed he used as his myspace profile picture.

If JM is right, that would mean she put that shaving picture on his myspace profile AFTER the murder. Could she have done that? Did any friends tell JM that the picture hadn't always been on the MS profile? Or did she take these shaving pics of Travis in January 2008 like she said?

JM made very few errors, in my opinion. I was 99.98% with him, but .001% was what he was saying about the shaving photos, and .001% had to do with the rope.

I don't know what those fibers were, but I vote pill fringe, carpet fringe, or fringe from TA's flipflops. I couldn't imagine a rope long enough to tie her up with that has threads that are also twisted in addition to them all being twisted together. Hope that made sense how I said it.

JA only made up the story about the rope because the fibers were found there, so I believe they MUST have to do with the murder or why would she had bothered to make up the whole rope story? Lie for the sake of lying? Why not just say, dude, I have no idea about those micro ropes? But then, I think that they would have tested the carpet or the fibers from the pillow fringe--well, I would have thought so until they said they didn't fingerprint test the actual shower, that is.

I don't think the shaving pic was from June 4th... it was the same day/time period as the office pics imo(see pic and my note about the mirror image one taken in the bathroom, as opposed to a direct image in the office) and re the foot print by the bed, I seem to recall seeing that somewhere, I'll keep an eye open for it.

TApic2.jpg

Thanks, Val.

Those pics make me sad. I can't imagine how they make people who knew him and loved him feel. Which is what makes me so obsessed with this case. It's Travis. The feeling that Travis evoked in people seems to be the same. He was loved and he was lovable to strangers. I will never, ever be able to grasp how she could look him in his face, be around him, and then stab him in the back, stab him in the front, stab him in the side. I mean, it's one thing to be angry and think, "Oh, I could kill him for this!"

But it's quite another to 1--literally mean it, 2--plan it, 3--look him in his face and do it without chickening out. And just like she said to Flores, "There's just no reason for it."

I found a clearer pic of her finger, and it doesn't look like there's a ring.

arias_exclusive_photos_bug_05.png

Ahhh...how do I edit the pic size? It's too big! Sorry, guys.

The took those wedding pics in the first week of March, 2008, she already knew she'd be leaving Mesa and returning to Yreka, and the ring was accidentally stolen in mid-March, or at least, Travis discovered the accidental theft then....

Actually, to set the facts straight, the wedding pictures are from Patricia (Patti) Womack's wedding, which was in 2004. As you can tell, it was prior to the boob job, and therefore, also before CMJA met TA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/jodi-arias-friend-patti_n_3102698.html

BBM - I have always thought JM was confused on the shaving pictures. Jodi even tried to set him straight while she was on the stand, but he couldn't understand that the shaving stuff was from some other photo shoot. Also, I would think a guy would find it easier to shave after a shower, not before.

I must be confused then. I was under the impression in response to JM's questioning that ALV could ask for anything she wanted, that it was Fonseca and the guy with the two-tone hair that were limited in the scope of their reading.

RsF....I was trying to find where in the testimony I got the impression that I have....so far Page (45 part1) all ALV got was what was provided to her and on Page (46 part 1) wasn't able to interview anyone from Killers past..only interviews given to her It seemed to me there were others. I remember looking at Wilmont to see her reaction and she kept her head down while writing away. You could be correct in that Martinez meant had she insisted ALV may have been able to receive anything she wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence