Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know JM doesn't think the held a gun to Travis in the shower, but IMO that's when she did pull out a gun, while saying something to him that clearly startled him.

The reason I think he knew she was there beforehand is the shower door was open throughout, something I don't believe he would ordinarily do, especially since he had been punished and traumatized as a child for getting the bathroom floor wet.

I honestly don't think the door was open for all the pics, I know some say that the visible water droplets between TA and the camera were on the camera lens(ie. 5:25:00), but if they were, they would have distorted all the following pics right up to the most obvious one at 5:29:20, but you can't see any of the drops at 5:30:30 or any of the accidental pics.

Yet the evidence is that exif data is easily manipulated by any number of programs and even by simple transferring as pocketaccent proved, even back then. Also that there was no data found on the internal memory of the camera, not even the shower pics. All of the data was allegedly found on the memory stick which DM admitted he had been unable to use a write-blocker before pulling the info off it. Therefore he plugged it directly into the reader to pull the info using Encase.. he later went on to say that the date/time info on the unallocated pics was created by the Encase software report. JM has him verify that the date/time info for the shower pics came from the camera having imprinted them directly, but did not say that specifically about the nudes too.

On top of that, when importing pics( which is quite possibly what set off TA's spybot program on his Mac laptop at 1:44), Macs are notorious for causing the exif data on pics to default to the modification date(ie. the import date) as the creation date.

Why are we thinking TA had a Mac? And why would she be importing pics onto TA's computer, when she had her own and could easily have done that during the hours she was outside the house? Plus, if she had transferred photos to TA's computer, LE would have found them even if they'd been erased.

Also, I don't think that's true about file creation dates on a Mac. They're still in there. You just get the information panel for the document/file.

Why are we thinking TA had a Mac? And why would she be importing pics onto TA's computer, when she had her own and could easily have done that during the hours she was outside the house? Plus, if she had transferred photos to TA's computer, LE would have found them even if they'd been erased.

Also, I don't think that's true about file creation dates on a Mac. They're still in there. You just get the information panel for the document/file.

BBM - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4987181?start=15&tstart=0

Yet the evidence is that exif data is easily manipulated by any number of programs and even by simple transferring as pocketaccent proved, even back then. Also that there was no data found on the internal memory of the camera, not even the shower pics. All of the data was allegedly found on the memory stick which DM admitted he had been unable to use a write-blocker before pulling the info off it. Therefore he plugged it directly into the reader to pull the info using Encase.. he later went on to say that the date/time info on the unallocated pics was created by the Encase software report. JM has him verify that the date/time info for the shower pics came from the camera having imprinted them directly, but did not say that specifically about the nudes too.

On top of that, when importing pics( which is quite possibly what set off TA's spybot program on his Mac laptop at 1:44), Macs are notorious for causing the exif data on pics to default to the modification date(ie. the import date) as the creation date.

Travis did not have a Mac. His laptop was a Compac Presario per testimony.

The activity at 1:44 was shown by Martinez to be an automatic blocking by Spybot of a website (excuse my language ladies) "insertthisc*ck dot com. The same action happened for the same *advertiser censored* site on June 10 when Travis was dead and Jodi was slinging hash browns at the Purple Plum

There was metadata on the internal memory as well

Melendez: "Typically you may not, but in this case these images when taken with this camera it embeds the date and time to the file itself."

Four of the six bedroom pics were time stamped via EXIF as 6/4/2008. The KY bottle was used to verify others as being take on the same date...

There are other pics on the new camera memory that were not erased. There is no "old" memory card of Jodi's (as she tried to say to Flores) that Travis was using in his brand new camera. Flores correctly told her the memory cards are NOT interchangeable.

Jodi could not have transferred images modified on her computer to his Sony camera

Per owners manual for Sony Cyber Shot DSC H9

Notes
You cannot transfer image data on a memory card to the internal memory.
By making a USB connection between the camera and a computer with the dedicated USB cable, you can transfer data stored in the internal memory to a computer. However you cannot transfer data on a computer to the internal memory.

The activity at 1:44 was shown by Martinez to be an automatic blocking by Spybot of a website (excuse my language ladies) "insertthisc*ck dot com. The same action happened for the same *advertiser censored* site on June 10 when Travis was dead and Jodi was slinging hash browns at the Purple Plum

Melendez: "Typically you may not, but in this case these images when taken with this camera it embeds the date and time to the file itself."

Four of the six bedroom pics were time stamped via EXIF as 6/4/2008. The KY bottle was used to verify others as being take on the same date...

There are other pics on the new camera memory that were not erased. There is no "old" memory card of Jodi's (as she tried to say to Flores) that Travis was using in his brand new camera. Flores correctly told her the memory cards are NOT interchangeable.

Jodi could not have transferred images modified on her computer to his Sony camera

Notes
By making a USB connection between the camera and a computer with the dedicated USB cable, you can transfer data stored in the internal memory to a computer. However you cannot transfer data on a computer to the internal memory.

That's not what the testimony was...

https://youtu.be/E9hvA3hQpBk
"Det.M says, starting at about 2:25 in this video, that he couldn't pull anything off the internal memory for TA's camera because he couldn't find anything saved to the internal memory."

Edit: Sorry about the laptop, no idea why I was thinking it was a Mac... must've read that in JA's journal... :/

JM cross of about June 4th, beginning with when she put her luggage in the car, briefly on upside license plate, then photo CD’s (hmmm), then about the shaving versus shower photos:

(Warning, if you've forgotten this part: JM plays the same portion of her interrogation tape about TA's permission over and over and over ;))

Day 25, part 1 of 3. David Lohr.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...CFAC1C5AE0CE0B426AE4CFAC1C5AE0CE0&FORM=VRDGAR

(Aside related to her possibly messing with his laptop:

on the CD’s: It took a while because TA “had a hard time bringing up the disc drive.”

It took forever while “he went looking for the disc drive.”

“It seemed like a long time to pop up a disc in the computer and bring up photos that were on the CD.”

TA had a difficult time “bringing up the disc drive?” What does that mean? Maybe she messed just with his CD driver, uninstalled it or some such?
--------------------------------------

JM’s questions about the shower photo sequence begin around the 6:40 minutes mark. It’s interesting that she removes herself from the room for a few minutes and says she doesn’t know what TA was doing then. Perhaps she is distancing herself from the 4:45 email activity?

Years earlier, being interrogated, she is even more vague about this stretch of time. Perhaps her memory improved somewhat after knowing what of the timeframe could and could not be proven?

---------------------------

JM- At some point after that Mr. Alexander goes to take a shower, correct? ( hesitates briefly, then says -yes.

JM: Did he do anything before he went up to take the shower?

: I’m not sure if he did, because I went into the (downstairs) bathroom. TA was still in the office when I came out. It was a few more minutes after that before we went upstairs.
-----------------------
On interrogation tape played next in JM’s cross—she’s trying to account for what happened in the afternoon leading up to taking the shower photos:

“he had been cleaning his house, I wasn’t sitting on the couch (I couldn’t chill out on the couch like I usually did when no one was there, because he’d put chairs there to clean his floor)…uh, fed Napoleon…

“I’m not sure if he made phone calls or was on the internet or what, but at one point he was going to go up and take a shower…”
-------------------------------------------------
Start of shower sequence questions: around 7:00.

FWIW, she texted him about redoing the shaving photos on April 18, 2008.

Context- -Travis sent her a few things on April 18,th including a personal development CD she’d requested, and a note from him that she repeatedly insisted he send, and that it be handwritten.

A few hours later she texted him to complain that he’d hurt her feelings. They spoke by phone in between, she’d been offended that he asked her to get to the point while she was telling him a story, and she had retaliated by dissing him as a motivational speaker.

They then had an unpleasant text exchange, in which she repeated her insult, dressing it up with “praise”, then told him-“But don’t worry, I still love you, brat.”

TA tried to explain that he was busy and didn’t have any more time (or the inclination) to listen to either insults or praise from her, that important work he needed to get done had already been delayed by getting stuff done for her, and that he wasn’t happy that he spent a lot of time doing stuff for her, but she couldn’t be bothered to do the photo CD’s he requested of her weeks before.

She replied how much she appreciated what he’d done, and that she had just tried to do the CD’s, but her computer had frozen. She texted him multiple times over the next one and a half hours about her frozen computer and not having a clue what she needed to do to make it work.

After TA didn't respond to her damsel in unlikely distress mode, she texted him she would get those CD's done no matter what.. that her gmother didn't have the right software on her computer but maybe a USB cord download would work anyway, and if not, she thought that her photographer friend had the same kind of camera and she could just put her memory card into his camera, then download the photos (onto his computer, presumably, but she didn't say that), or that she could take her camera into drugstore to download the photos onto a CD.

She did none of the above, BTW. I think the CD's she brought on the 4th were these that she'd promised him and never made.

TA didn’t reply to any of these texts for that length of time, and when he did (early AM on the 19th) it was to tell her he didn’t believe her, and to openly mock her excuse-making.

In between (after 10PM on April 18) she texted him: “We need to re-do the shaving scene. They aren’t what I was going for! I’ll make you look way better the next time!!!”

(TA never responded to her about this).

From April 19-23 she was busy planting fake compliments of her by TA on her MySpace account; trying to make TA jealous by telling him she had lunch with a guy who afterwards decided he wants to move to Yreka, trying to get him to message her on MySpace (which he told her he doesn’t do, this after he supposedly left that compliment there for her); seemed to be testing out some aspect of sending and receiving texts on the Helio, and had responded to TA’s gut wrenching plea to return his journals (“if you ever had one ounce of love for me," and his telling her that “to lie about this would be the sickest thing so far” ) with thinly veiled passive aggressive contempt.

On April 23 Travis told the about the camera he was going to buy, in the process teasing her (not that she’d take it that way) by pretending to ask her advice for a decision he told her later on that he’d already made.

I know all this has been discussed, repeatedly, but I guess what I'm stuck on is why the would do all that...towards what end?

A minor point---she didn't know before she left Mesa that TA was going to buy a new camera, much less what kind it would be (and she may or may not have been responsible for Zach's camera materializing in the BMW).

TA texted the about buying the Sony after she'd left Mesa, but he had already chosen what to buy, based on Zach's recommendation, not hers.

More major points: why, again? If she changed the dates on the sex photos but not on the shower photos, then tried to destroy the camera, her only possible purpose for doing so involved showing them at some point to a still alive Travis. Why?

And then they were deleted, whether taken before or that day.

The other point-- what do you think was the timeline for that day (what encounters, where was she, when might he have known she was there) before 5:20 pm, if they weren't occupied with sex at the time the photos indicate?

I'm totally open in theory to the possibility they didn't have sex that day, but I just can't imagine any scenario that makes sense to me why she'd fake the day and time of sex photos, unless it was to threaten Travis, which wouldn't have served her purpose that day- - she needed him to trust her, or at least for him to let his guard down.

We'll never know what Travis felt or thought on June 4 before he was murdered, including what he felt or thought about the surprising him in his own house.

I continue to think the was aware when she was planning the murder, though, that those first few moments after showing up were the most dangerous for her, given the depth of TA's anger and contempt for her he'd demonstrated on May 26, and the fact that unlike what she'd always counted on before, he never called or texted to apologize to her.

She had to find an opening just wide enough he didn't immediately run for the phone to call the police or a friend, and she needed to know she'd found that opening before she arrived.

As for Travis. I haven't changed my mind that he was really done with her, and on June 2, had no reason to think he'd ever have to deal with her again, certainly not in person. If she threw herself at his feet to confess and apologize on the phone, it wouldn't have cost him, as far as he could know (given who he was), to stay on the phone, to listen, and tell her OK, whatever.

Just a little opening, but enough. By not outright refusing to answer her calls and texts that night, the no doubt felt confident enough about being able to manipulate him when she arrived.

My guess:

Yes, she had those dirty pics already (and admitted such to EF in the interviews). She wanted to plant them on his camera for Mimi to find. If she didn't move them via SD cards, she could've used TA's camera to take pics of her laptop screen (photo-shopped dark hair?) while in the garage reading his journal, sneaking in and out, or while sitting in the loft while he was assembling the floor cleaner, etc.

My guess:

Yes, she had those dirty pics already (and admitted such to EF in the interviews). She wanted to plant them on his camera for Mimi to find. If she didn't move them via SD cards, she could've used TA's camera to take pics of her laptop screen (photo-shopped dark hair?) while in the garage reading his journal, sneaking in and out, or while sitting in the loft while he was assembling the floor cleaner, etc.

The , IMO, told Flores that they had taken photos and videos a gazillion times to make it seem more believable he'd allow her to take naked shower photos, and for the same reason she greatly exaggerated (at least that) the extent of their sexual contact.

That's not what the testimony was...

https://youtu.be/E9hvA3hQpBk
"Det.M says, starting at about 2:25 in this video, that he couldn't pull anything off the internal memory for TA's camera because he couldn't find anything saved to the internal memory."

Edit: Sorry about the laptop, no idea why I was thinking it was a Mac... must've read that in JA's journal... :/

Keep listening...but that link doesn't work.

When we were stopped in 2010 at Hoover dam. They looked in our trunk, all inside our car (a Cadillac)

What about the gas cans at the checkpoint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis sent her a few things on April 18,th including a personal development CD she’d requested, and a note from him that she repeatedly insisted he send, and that it be handwritten.

*ding!* Oh my. Could she possibly have wanted a sample of his handwriting for some devious reason as far back as mid-April? A handwritten note sounds like an odd request in this modern age of emails. Was she already formulating a pedo letter even before things got ugly between the two in May?

Notes

I recall Detective Melendez was working off of the memory card only. He said there was nothing saved in the internal memory of T's Sony.

Setting aside whether one believes there were pre June 4th nude photos or not, transferring images from computer to a memory card is possible. This is different from what you saw on the owners manual 'However you cannot transfer data on a computer to the internal memory'.

*ding!* Oh my. Could she possibly have wanted a sample of his handwriting for some devious reason as far back as mid-April? A handwritten note sounds like an odd request in this modern age of emails. Was she already formulating a pedo letter even before things got ugly between the two in May?

She didn't need a handwritten note from him to practice forging his handwriting for whatever reason-- she had already stolen 2 of his journals.

She was clearly already plotting against him, but the extent of which and what precisely- impossible to determine. IMO she didn't come up with the filthy pedo lie, though, until after she was forced to realize the ninjas weren't going to save her (2011 at the earliest).

When we were stopped in 2010 at Hoover dam. They looked in our trunk, all inside our car (a Cadillac)

What about the gas cans at the checkpoint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We discussed this a few weeks back. I think the consensus was that they had to be empty by then (gas mostly used up, and she would have known 3 full cans wouldn't be allowed through).

She must have gone through the checkpoint sometime around 1 AM, certainly not much if any before that. Maybe she planned on the guard being tired and bored, and not very thorough, especially if the guard was male.

Her repeated suggestion to Flores during interrogation that maybe there was surveillance tape of her from somewhere makes me wonder if she knew she'd be taped going over the dam, but also calculated the tape wouldn't be kept for longer than a month....

Just curious. How do you know the account is suspended? Accounts are usually confidential.

Oh, when I went to the link on the hate site it said justice4jodi.com was suspended. Looks like its back up again today and the domain expires in 2023. Darn, I was HOPING it was shut down and investigated for fraud. According to the website the appellate fund sits at $102792.28 and there is a dubious PO box address in Medford OR. :tantrum:

Oh, when I went to the link on the hate site it said justice4jodi.com was suspended. Looks like its back up again today and the domain expires in 2023. Darn, I was HOPING it was shut down and investigated for fraud. According to the website the appellate fund sits at $102792.28 and there is a dubious PO box address in Medford OR. :tantrum:

Word probably got back to the that the scam site was down and she insisted it be put back up, lol.

Meh as to the piddly sum in the "trust." At least half of the money said to exist in it is fictional, as the alleged matching donor is a broke fan of hers in on the scam.

If it's a legit trust, the money can't go to the directly, and can only be spent for federal or private atty appeals she'll never be able to afford.

Aunty Sue, as trust executor, can pay herself and empty out the account over time, if she chooses to do so. She can even "donate" the money she paid herself in "laundered " dribbles to the if she wanted, but if she did that at least 20% would be deducted and given to the Alexanders.

I recall Detective Melendez was working off of the memory card only. He said there was nothing saved in the internal memory of T's Sony.

Setting aside whether one believes there were pre June 4th nude photos or not, transferring images from computer to a memory card is possible. This is different from what you saw on the owners manual 'However you cannot transfer data on a computer to the internal memory'.

The memory card had pictures of his dog per Martinez and a pic which appears in a book by JVM (and verified in a video Enrique made) of Travis and Taylor on their bikes May 26th that Travis had Enrique take....among the 90 other images on the memory stick.

The Sony also did have a feature where it internally stored the time and date that a photo was taken.

Years earlier, being interrogated, she is even more vague about this stretch of time. Perhaps her memory improved somewhat after knowing what of the timeframe could and could not be proven?

Respectfully snipped by me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From TxJan1971's transcript
Interrogation with female officer-

20:30
JA: Well, the detective says he has pictures of me.

20:33
FO: Mmm hmmm. I’ve seen those pictures. They were taken the same day.

20:40
JA: Well, certainly not the same time.

20:42
(Jodi takes a drink of water)

20:44
FO: Within the same time frame.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Then with DF-
21:30
JA: Is he naked? In the shower?

DF: Yeah. Yep. Yes, he is.

21:51
DF: This is

21:53
JA: Travis would never go for that.

21:55
DF: Soon after you and him had sex on his bed.

22:06
JA: That couldn’t have been too soon after.

22:10
DF: An hour or so…

22:12
JA: The last time we had sex in his bed was in April.

22:13
DF: two hours…
(DF flips through pages/photos)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, certainly not the same time" and "That couldn't have been too soon after" - These were strange comments to make when she was supposed to deny her presence in Mesa that day.

Why was she even making points about the time gap between the photos at this point in time...She seems to want to assert the showers photos came 'long' after the sex photos.

Again setting aside what one believes about the pre-June 4th sex photos, the was definitely thinking heavily about the time gap.

The memory card had pictures of his dog per Martinez and a pic which appears in a book by JVM (and verified in a video Enrique made) of Travis and Taylor on their bikes May 26th that Travis had Enrique take....among the 90 other images on the memory stick.

The Sony also did have a feature where it internally stored the time and date that a photo was taken.

I was talking about one's ability to transfer images from a computer to a memory card, not to the internal memory of a camera.

Yes, Det Menendez was working from the memory card with the 90 other images plus the sex photos and the shower photos. And most if not all cameras have a feature that stores the time and date internally but Travis' Sony had nothing stored in the internal memory. All photos were found in his memory card only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member