Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am indeed going along with sex that day...

What I'm not going along with is that they were in the habit of taking photos. This could have been the one and only time. Ergo, if EF said he had sex photos, she knew he had them from that day and could put her in Mesa. This is what tripped her in the narrative.

I think sex pics were their thing. He sure talked about it a lot in the tape

Awww, I'm not sure about the brilliancy.

But yes, and one ninja HAD TO BE female because of the accidental photo. The other male ninja was just added to make her story more believable. And thrilling. Only in her sick head though.

It's possible she needed a male ninja so she could develop her story later. A male ninja now is a mafia boss later, TA's brother, an errant bishop, thebagger at the grocery store, a creditor.... was reserving the possibility of embellishing the story should she need to. I'm sure she could also have converted a ninja man into a muscled woman with a deep voice, if she felt compelled.

I wouldn''t be surprised if Travis was planning a Daft parody of his own for one of his seminar. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger fits the theme of his motivational speech.

Genius comment. I'll bet you're right.

From a post on the Post Verdict thread I was looking to see if I could find the time of the call to Ryan and came across this):
---
Something else very curious, Det. Flores testified that the last usages of Travis' laptop, found in his office, were at 3:34, 4:19 and 4:54 p.m, Zach said in his follow-up interview that Wed. was his day off, that he got up and returned the rental car in the morning and returned to the house at approx. 3:00, for an hour - if he was in the house, and Travis was in his office at 3:34, how did they not see each other, or Zach at least be aware of Travis being in the house/office?
----

So very curious.

From a post on the Post Verdict thread I was looking to see if I could find the time of the call to Ryan and came across this):
---
Something else very curious, Det. Flores testified that the last usages of Travis' laptop, found in his office, were at 3:34, 4:19 and 4:54 p.m, Zach said in his follow-up interview that Wed. was his day off, that he got up and returned the rental car in the morning and returned to the house at approx. 3:00, for an hour - if he was in the house, and Travis was in his office at 3:34, how did they not see each other, or Zach at least be aware of Travis being in the house/office?
----

So very curious.

Hi, sister Geevee. :)

TA's office was tucked away in a corner downstairs and not on the most travelled route from garage to kitchen/the downstairs living space.

By all accounts TA and his roommates didn't interact much. IMO there wouldn't have been anything unusual about TA not coming out of his office to say hi to Zach, and not unusual that Zach wouldn't have even been curious whether or not TA was home, much less where he was.

It seems more curious to me that Zach wouldn't have heard the in with TA, though, if she was actually in the study with TA at that point, especially since TA seems to have been a door wide open (literally) kind of guy.

Here's a partial post from the first Post Verdict thread, by Wasn't-me, with the time/activity of laptop usage on early June 4th:

---
Actions on Travis' computer June 4th:

4:08am--youtube video
4:11.04am--youtube video
4:15.13am--youtube video
4:24.00am--youtube video proxy server
4:30.27am--gmail
4:33.55am--travisalexander.net (page 2?)
4:35.45am--travisalexander.net
----

Still looking to see if I can find the time of the call to Ryan (if it was ever known).

In a post on this page, WM listed the calls on JA's phone from June 3/4:

-----
--June 3, 2008, 17 second call.
--June 3, 2008, 1351 hours, 170 seconds.
--June 3, 2008, 2016 hours, 129 seconds.
--June 3, 2008, 2034 hours, 49 seconds.
--June 4, 2008 2337 hours., 31 seconds. Call is forwarded to voicemail.
--June 4, 2008, 2348 hours, 169 seconds.
--June 4, 2008, 2353 hours, 16 minutes.
-----

Does that help, Hope?

And for whatever it's worth, this is the timeline I was working out back then, on this page:

---
The Timeline

Time Business Name Location Purchase/Activity Payment Method

June 2nd, 2008:

3:04 a.m. Phone call TA to JA ~18 min.
3:21 a.m. Phone call TA to JA ~41 min.
5:39 a.m. Syskiou Shell Yreka, CA 3.334 gal. gas 15.00 MC 2015
8:04 a.m. Budget Redding, CA Rental car
7:32 p.m. McDonalds Lodi, CA Fries, water 3.75 cash?
8:41 p.m. Valero (no other info shown)

June 3, 2008

10:10 a.m. Wamu Monterrey, CA Bk Deposit 400.00 Acct 8006
10:11 a.m. Wamu Monterrey, CA Bk Deposit 300.00 Acct 7148
10:15 a.m. Wamu Momterrey, CA Bk Deposit 100.00 Acct 7148
12:57 pm.m Phone call from JA to TA 17 sec.
1:51 p.m. Phone call JA to TA 170 sec.
3:22 p.m. WalMart Pasadena, CA Gas can, etc. 43.90 Cash
8:16 p.m. Phone call JA to TA 129 sec.
8:31 p.m. CVS Pasadena, CA ?? 6.37 ??
8:34 p.m. Phone call JA to TA 49 sec.
8:41 p.m. Starbucks Pasadena, CA Food, coffee 10.85 MC 2015
8:42 p.m. Arco Pasadena, CA 8.301 gal. gas 35.06 MC 2015
8:46 p.m. Arco Pasadena, CA 9.594 gal. gas 40.00 cash
(no time) Arco Pasadena, CA 2.77 gal. gas 11.56
9:00/10:00 p.m. Phone call JA to Ryan*

June 4, 2008

10:30/11:00 p.m. Phone call JA to Ryan, 3 calls to TA Voicemail*

June 6, 2008

10.:38 a.m. In & Out Burger Sparks, NV Food 3.37 MC
3:57 a.m. Tesoro SLC, UT 10.672 gal. gas 41.18 MC
4:01 a.m. Tesoro SLC, UT 5.00 gal. gas 19.65 MC
4:05 a.m. Tesoro SLC, UT 9.583 gal. gas 36.98 MC
(no time) Flying J Winniemucca, NV 12.175 gal. gas 49.91 MC
(no time) Flying J Winniemucca, NV 4.90 MC
10:34 a.m. 7-11 Sparks, NV 5.178 gal. gas 21. 22 MC

June 7, 2008

12:20 p.m. Valero Redding, CA 8.947 gal. gas 40.25 MC
(exhibit 237.022 Receipt "can't tell much from it" - JM)

(*source HLN Road Trip map)
---

Wow Hope! What a great find!:fireworks:

This is the video Hope was watching.

[video=youtube;yWZ5YCuLLgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWZ5YCuLLgI[/video]

I can't find that sentence on there.

Fascinating tape, though. I don't think I'd seen it before.

I can't find that sentence on there.

Fascinating tape, though. I don't think I'd seen it before.

Forward to minute 14.40 on the video. I paraphrased/ condensed most of 's sentences. Her admission about dragging photo before gunshot is at that point.

In a post on this page, WM listed the calls on JA's phone from June 3/4:

-----
--June 3, 2008, 17 second call.
--June 3, 2008, 1351 hours, 170 seconds.
--June 3, 2008, 2016 hours, 129 seconds.
--June 3, 2008, 2034 hours, 49 seconds.
--June 4, 2008 2337 hours., 31 seconds. Call is forwarded to voicemail.
--June 4, 2008, 2348 hours, 169 seconds.
--June 4, 2008, 2353 hours, 16 minutes.
-----

Does that help, Hope?

I think those were just the calls to TA, so, no help with 9 versus 10 pm to Ryan.

To throw in there...

1.JM did not believe TA knew she was coming.

2. JM had access to TA's email activity and phone calls for June 3 and 4 (we don't).

3. JM didn't dispute that TA watched the Daft video (though he might have refrained from doing so for strategic reasons).

4. JM not only didn't dispute her story that she brought photo CD'z and tried to view them in the afternoon, he used those CD's as evidence of premeditation. Wouldn't computer forensics have revealed whether or not his computer was being accessed during those hours (2-5) for that purpose ? (Btw- one of the photos in JM's book is of a photo CD on his desk, labelled in her handwriting).

5. JM believes they had sex and that TA allowed her to take the shower photos, and that she was not pointing a gun at him during the shower.

6. JM never questioned her about how it was TA could send that 12:10ish text to Chris if he slept until 1pm.

I think she planned to shoot him first but the gun jammed and she had to use the knife. Why bring the gun if she wasn't going to use it? That she even had the knife nearby proves premeditation. She shot him last just because, as H4M stated.
Jim
Great point about the her insisting she was barefoot! She said that on Day 2 of the interrogation after Flores showed her a few pics, am I correct?
And where WAS Napoleon during the murder? More food for thought.

I think she planned to shoot him first but the gun jammed and she had to use the knife. Why bring the gun if she wasn't going to use it? That she even had the knife nearby proves premeditation. She shot him last just because, as H4M stated.
Jim
Great point about the her insisting she was barefoot! She said that on Day 2 of the interrogation after Flores showed her a few pics, am I correct?
And where WAS Napoleon during the murder? More food for thought.

I've always thought the knife was the first option. This was a highly personal motive to kill. She wanted him to feel the pain like she felt when he rejected her as good enough for wifey material.
She could have shot him in his office while he viewed the videos online at 4am. She could have shot him while he slept.
Jodi wanted to kill him in the shower with her knife, with her face begin the last thing he saw. IMO she planned on the element of surprise, several knife wounds to his chest, his blood flowing neatly down the drain.
Travis had nerve to fight though. The gunshot at the end was her fury that by fighting to live there was now no way to clean up the bathroom. She knows she cut herself and it's very likely her blood will be found in that bathroom. It was also a way to make LE think there were two suspects involved.

I've always thought the knife was the first option. This was a highly personal motive to kill. She wanted him to feel the pain like she felt when he rejected her as good enough for wifey material.
She could have shot him in his office while he viewed the videos online at 4am. She could have shot him while he slept.
Jodi wanted to kill him in the shower with her knife, with her face begin the last thing he saw. IMO she planned on the element of surprise, several knife wounds to his chest, his blood flowing neatly down the drain.
Travis had nerve to fight though. The gunshot at the end was her fury that by fighting to live there was now no way to clean up the bathroom. She knows she cut herself and it's very likely her blood will be found in that bathroom. It was also a way to make LE think there were two suspects involved.

I agree with all of that, except I don't think she thought about staging 2 killers by using the gun.

I've believed since I saw the video with TA telling his near death experience that she brought the gun to use to taunt and terrorize him psychologically.

Just shooting him wouldn't have been satisfying ( to Flores: " if I were to kill him, I think I would have to keep shooting him until he was dead. I mean, I would want to make it as humane as possible." Right. She wanted him to feel the maximum amount of pain.

And I think she wanted to him to feel completely helpless and at her mercy, to have him beg for his life, to feel powerful. I think that's why she brought the gun, but always intending to kill him by knife.

Hope4More said:
snipped by me...
If not that scenario, I think he did lunge towards her and she stabbed him, but he didn't die immediately as she thought he would, that there was a struggle between the shower and vanities, that he managed to throw her off, that she stabbed him repeatedly in the back as he stared in shock in the mirror, that he turned and tried to block the stabs with his hands, that she kicked him in the knees and stomped on his feet during that struggle, that he was losing a tremendous amount of blood at that point and couldn't get back up after she succeeded in kicking him down, that he tried to crawl down the hall......
IMO she shot him after she dragged him back into the bathroom. I think that's where she had thrown (or left) the gun before she stabbed him, and that she shot him either because she heard post-death sounds or just because she felt like it, being the completely despicable, vile, vengeful, sociopathic murderer she is.
GeeVee said:
snipped by me...
I think she got a couple chest stabs in at the shower and started the back stabs at the sink (those closer to his shoulder) but was able to get him onto the floor by the tub/toilet closet and made the center back stabs, the direction of them changes and it accounts for the spatters and pool in that area, there were even spatters on the bottom of the toilet itself and on the window wall, so she was swinging the knife in that area.
With the last of his strength he was trying to get down the hallway and she was probably just swinging wildly until he collapsed near the bedroom threshold and she struck the final blow (I still want to wring her neck for what she said at sentencing about having to fight him off at that point, oh you lying, remorseless w**** you).
RickshawFan said:
snipped by me...
The camera bag may have been where it was found because messed with it. I think she didn't show up until the sex and she showed up with TA's camera. I don't think TA would have wanted to have her "hang out.' He sent her away right after the sex. This would have been consistent with his messaging and "our" general conclusion that he didn't want her in his life at all. I believe he was ashamed that he caved and needed to get rid of her and clean up ASAP. This must have stoked her rage.
She took his camera with her when she left. She came back with the excuse she had taken it by accident.
The camera bag was random because left it random. She stole it for a few hours and it was never back in the bag.

Totally agree with all your scenerios above! :)

stillwatersc said:
Does this "InTouch" gossip mag ever print anything legitimate?

Actually, I've never heard of this magazine... so don't know! :D

salberg7 said:
snipped by me...
And where WAS Napleon during the murder?

Maybe as RickshawFan suggested that she came back in after sex, Travis in the shower - she left Napleon in the office and closed the door? As I recall Napleon didn't have any blood on him - did he? :thinking:

Also agree with you Hope4More about the gun and wanting him to be terrorized!

Hope to see you back soon! Or at least in a day or two! :seeya:

Totally agree with all your scenerios above! :)

Actually, I've never heard of this magazine... so don't know! :D

Maybe as RickshawFan suggested that she came back in after sex, Travis in the shower - she left Napleon in the office and closed the door? As I recall Napleon didn't have any blood on him - did he? :thinking:

Also agree with you Hope4More about the gun and wanting him to be terrorized!

Hope to see you back soon! Or at least in a day or two! :seeya:

Yes, like that:

She got there maybe even while he was sleeping. Messed with his computer. Maybe she went away again, maybe not. At any rate, she showed up in his bedroom in the afternoon. She with his camera. They had sex. He kicked her out immediately (enraging more than she was already); she stole his camera. As soon as he thought she'd left, he did the wash, and maybe started into some tile cleaning to get every speck of her out of his house, but got disgusted with himself, so then went to take a shower. She came back right then.

She could have been there 3 times that day? And not hang out with him except for sex?

It would be even creepier if she was there 3 times, especially if he knew about it and tried to get rid of her twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79