Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope
so glad to come back and read your posts and Geevee and all the others. I have wondered how you all are.
And thanks for your insight. Always good.

Thanks, and I share the gladness that at least some of the long-termers here still stop by upon occasion. :)

Can't find the post of a few days ago (?) asking about whether the public has access to COA opening briefs.

FWIW, the answer is, yes and no and maybe. Yes, theoretically the public has access, but the briefs aren't made available online, and they are not made available to anyone at all, other than involved parties, if the Court agrees to seal them.

We'll know if 's opening brief will be sealed because closer to filing time the COA docket will reflect a Motion to Seal and the COA's ruling.

Right now her opening brief is due in February, 2018. That would otherwise be a solid date at this point, but.....Clark's insertion into the process may well delay the due date. She was just granted access to the sealed records, and as we all know, she has quite a lot of reading to do, given how much JSS put under seal, and that's just background for her /'s attorneys ' decision about if and how to integrate their cases.

Also FWIW.. the very kind COA clerk I speak to occasionally has offered to email me the opening brief if it isn't under seal. :). If I get it, I will of course post it here.

... I'm at a disadvantage though as I had to replace my computer after the flood and lost all my links, pics, docs, etc. and have only my memory to rely on. :facepalm: I do have a lot of it saved on a thumb drive but I can't find it. :tantrum:

How awful a loss! Not so much all the stuff (though I know how much work that must have been), but everything else too, especially photos. :(. Please may you find that thumb drive, and soon!

LMAO...I thought Geevee was mocking JA's nauseating "there's plenty of evidence, but I lost it" pitch.:happydance:

Can't find the post of a few days ago (?) asking about whether the public has access to COA opening briefs.

FWIW, the answer is, yes and no and maybe. Yes, theoretically the public has access, but the briefs aren't made available online, and they are not made available to anyone at all, other than involved parties, if the Court agrees to seal them.

We'll know if 's opening brief will be sealed because closer to filing time the COA docket will reflect a Motion to Seal and the COA's ruling.

Right now her opening brief is due in February, 2018. That would otherwise be a solid date at this point, but.....Clark's insertion into the process may well delay the due date. She was just granted access to the sealed records, and as we all know, she has quite a lot of reading to do, given how much JSS put under seal, and that's just background for her /'s attorneys ' decision about if and how to integrate their cases.

Also FWIW.. the very kind COA clerk I speak to occasionally has offered to email me the opening brief if it isn't under seal. :). If I get it, I will of course post it here.

Today has just been the best day, the last of the flood damaged stuff sitting in the garage was taken away this morning, I found just the right size tv cabinet to refinish, a weekend party that I did not want to attend was cancelled, hub came home in a good mood (and likes the cabinet lol) and now (unless it's sealed) we'll get to read the opening briefs - Hope, you just put the cherry on top of a Sundae day! :D

LOL I saw whatcha did there, you little mind reader you. :)

I had forgotten all about the ninja defense but I had wondered before if the two weapons might have been intentional for appearance purposes. I do think she had a predetermined plan of how she wanted the scene to look but either she was rushed or panicked or something because when viewed all you see is gruesome, not 'more than one person did this' or 'only a male could have accomplished this'. But the dragging marks on the baseboards of both sides of the walls leads me to believe she had a scenario in mind and wasn't able to complete it. Unfortunately for her the Oops hand print sealed her fate.

P.S. Sorry for getting graphic.
She's using this lawsuit as a stepping stone for a new trial.

Im sure she regrets saying she remembers the knife going into Travis's neck. Claims he was still attacking her at that point in time.

I do wish she got the death penalty. Alot of folks thought she would fade into the woodwork after getting life. Not someone like her. She demands attention.

Love Never Fails said:
Hope
so glad to come back and read your posts and Geevee and all the others. I have wondered how you all are.
And thanks for your insight. Always good.

I was going to say the same thing! Glad to see you back here Hope4More! :loveyou:

deedee21 said:
snipped by me....
I do wish she got the death penalty. Alot of folks thought she would fade into the woodwork after getting life. Not someone like her. She demands attention.

But if she had gotten the death penalty, she'd be using $$ from Arizona taxpayers; this way she has to use her own - I'm correct, aren't I?? :thinking:

Oh, and I never thought she'd fade away....

and I patiently :waiting: awaiting the COA briefs!!

Wondering what happened to TexMex??

I was going to say the same thing! Glad to see you back here Hope4More! :loveyou:

But if she had gotten the death penalty, she'd be using $$ from Arizona taxpayers; this way she has to use her own - I'm correct, aren't I?? :thinking:

Oh, and I never thought she'd fade away....

and I patiently :waiting: awaiting the COA briefs!!

Wondering what happened to TexMex??

Hugs & hi to you, very special lady Niner. You always did make my day. :)

I have a feeling you (and the few of us still paying attention) will have to be exceptionally patient in the wait to hear what happens with her appeals. Best possible case, her COA appeal won't be put on a schedule until about a year from now, and that won't mean it will even be heard in 2018, much less decided. And that's the pre-Clark/civil suit mess best possible case.

I may be completely incapacitated before it happens, but will no doubt weigh in anyway, even if in all gibberish. ;)

No news on 's COA appeal. Karen Clark was granted free access to sealed trial docs on October 23, but hasn't filed any motions to the COA (yet?) as a result of that access, nor have the 's appellate attys.

BTW, the COA explicitly instructed Clark that she was not allowed to reveal anything she found in those sealed docs without asking for and being granted permission to do so by the COA.

Which means (among other things) that Clark can't use anything she found in those docs in her civil case against Nurmi without first requesting the COA's permission.

I'll be watching the COA docket, as I have since day one, and will post about any entry indicating movement in either the civil case against Nurmi, or towards an inclusion of Clark's charges in the 's criminal appeal to the COA.

Any news about the claim against Juan that he was having an affair and leaked trial info.

Any news about the claim against Juan that he was having an affair and leaked trial info.

No, not yet.

And not likely. That accusation was made as a bar complaint against JM, not a lawsuit. The person supplying the info to Clark (yes, her again) for the bar complaint is pretty hinky (lots of reasons to think she's acting on personal grievances), and in any case, even if the smears about JM are true, it didn't have any adverse affect on the 's sentence (alleged Thing occurred during sentencing, not guilt phase).

Don't recall if someone posted this - too lazy to go back & look! :D

Jodi Arias's former attorney fires back after he's sued (with clip)

"The gloves are off when it comes to the legal battle between convicted killer Jodi Arias and her former attorney, Kirk Nurmi....

Arias is suing Nurmi from behind bars for all the proceeds from the book sales. Nurmi, who recently gave up his law license to avoid a four-year suspension told 12 News he stands by all the claims in his book.

“I believe the comments I made in my book are a proper ethical response to what Ms. Arias put in the public discourse,” Nurmi said.

The former lawyer and now self-published author said most of our questions are best saved for the courtroom.

“I got to tell you, I really look forward to getting into court disputing the allegations and assertions that are made, I look forward to offering the truth to the jury,” he added...:bud:

...as of now, there is no court date scheduled."

http://www.12news.com/news/local/va...-attorney-fires-back-after-hes-sued/491313472

I do not believe in giving convicted murderers appeal after appeal. No mandatory appeals, no automatic reviews. Especially outside a death penalty case and she does not have the death penalty. The rule of double jeopardy applies to defendants, but somehow we throw that out when it comes to the convicted. They can appeal and appeal forever, clogging the courts, denying justice to other victims of other crimes.

Justice delayed is justice denied. Enough is enough.

Unless you can prove amazing exculpatory evidence, there is no appeal. Jodi can rot in a cell for who she is, for what she has done. Psychopathy in action, the female form, very enlightening her case is to the rest of the world. I'm okay with her getting life without parole, since she only murdered one person. The death penalty should only hit the worst of the worst. Not to trivialize her crimes, not at all. Life without parole. Never free again.

How do I post this image re JA that'll make you salivate?

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

I see ID Discovery is doing a 3 part series on JA. Is this new or is this a rerun?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Nice to see the regulars back.
I have been still following this case & the killer’s actions. I ask myself every once in a while why I do & can’t answer that as well.
I have read Esquire Clark’s complaint re Nurmi too. Yep the first part sounds just like the killer and her “wah wah wah poor me it wasn’t my fault” BS. Wonder, did Clark take this case on contingency or is she too a fame *advertiser censored*? What could possibly be her interest in this - fighting for ethical behavior of attorneys or more business? I would be so creeped out going near Arias even if it was behind a metal window. Yuck. She is filth.
I can’t wait for the killer’s first appeal to be denied. And can’t wait for Kirk Nurmi’s defense as if anyone is as wordy as the killer in their writing, it’s the Nurms. I hope he cleans her clock.

Checked into several -related matters recently. For anyone interested:

1. Karen Clark is still listed as 's special counsel on the COA docket. Nothing has been added to the docket since October 23, when the Court gave Clark permission to go fishing through sealed court/ trial files, and instructed that she couldn't disclose anything she found (including in her court filings on Nurmi) without explicit permission from the COA.

No permission asked yet, none granted. Zero activity.

Meanwhile. Clark filed her civil case against Nurmi in October. I'm pretty sure he theoretically had only 30 days to respond to that filing, per AZ statute.
He didn't acknowledge the suit against him, though, until December 12 or 13.

It COULD be that was because the suit filed by Clark omitted a document to the Court that was required to be filed at the same time as the suit (a declaration that an expert opinion on Nurmi's " deviations" from standard legal practice was necessary and counsel was prepared to produce such an opinion).

FWIW, Clark's husband, not Clark, is the attorney of record on the Maricopa Superior Court docket for the (civil) suit (CV-2017-014091).

Last- as of now, here at the end of December, 2017, 's appellate attorneys are due to file their opening COA brief by the end of February, 2018.

((And----Merry Christmas & happiest of holidays to my fellow sleuthers! )

Who knows, but if I had to guess, I think she absolutely does believe she'll get a new trial based on Nurmi's "defective" representation, but that she's aware at least that the COA won't be the entity gifting her that.

I imagine she thinks she's solely responsible for Nurmi being disbarred, and likely feels mighty self-satisfied & empowered by bringing him down that far. As we know, though, her thirst for revenge is never slaked, not even by murder, and what else does she have to do anyway, except doodle & trace, watch her back, and scheme how to keep herself stocked with Beano, zit cream, sardines, and shank-proof toothbrushes (but still no toothpaste ever bought). :D

:jail::tantrum::D

Hello my sista' from another mista". Hope you all are doing fine. I have been over the top busy and wanted to say I'm thinking of you all... BIG HUGS. :loveyou:

Why hasn't that *advertiser censored* been shanked yet? Good grief, what's the hold up?

:jail::tantrum::D

Hello my sista' from another mista". Hope you all are doing fine. I have been over the top busy and wanted to say I'm thinking of you all... BIG HUGS. :loveyou:

Why hasn't that *advertiser censored* been shanked yet? Good grief, what's the hold up?

Honor among thieves? She lives under controlled conditions in an environment stripped bare of freedom. Psychopaths do not generally like to mix with other psychopaths, they prefer to surround themselves with unsuspecting victims and easy prey, but she lives in a society of psychopaths. It's hard to imagine what adjustments she must either rise or fall to in order to thrive or survive, but whatever they are, there is probably little by way of choice in the matter, with most merely mocking what we would consider happy outcomes.

As her beauty fades, her charms are spent for little gain, and her moments in the sun grow thin and dull; as her resources fail, who knows how she'll adjust to all that changes, and to all that does not.

A belated Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all!

When I think of JA and her endless need for redress, I picture Rambo pointing and shouting at Trautman " Nothing's over! You don't just turn it off!"

Given what she does (and doesn't) purchase from the commissary, I'd imagine she also smells a lot like she recently donned a boar's skin.

Okay, enough snark, sorry.

Thanks for the info Hope, sure wish we could get a look at Nurm's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl