Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he call his sister Samantha about what to do when his tires got slashed? I guess he didn't tell her specifically about the .:(
He shoulda filed a police report even if he didn’t know the perp.

I doubt, though, even if she’d had the cops come a’calling, the direction of anything did would have been different.

He shoulda filed a police report even if he didn’t know the perp.

I doubt, though, even if she’d had the cops come a’calling, the direction of anything did would have been different.

Hopefully I managed to multiquote?

Travis did tell Samantha about the tire-slashing, and Samantha was convinced the was responsible.

That might have been one of the occasions Travis later referred to on May 26 when he said he had covered up for the , and/or had told others the lies she had told him.

BTW, when Samantha kept pressing Travis to accept that the was the slasher, Travis told her the had promised to take a lie detector test to prove she didn't slash his tires (she may have even claimed she had scheduled one).

Sam scoffed- do you really think she would follow through?

(Kinda like her "offer" to Flores to take a lie detector test, eh?)

On one of the 3 occasions his /Lisa's tires were slashed, Travis DID call the police, but gave up after waiting 4 hours or so for them to show up.

I agree with you, Rickshaw, that nothing would have been different even if Travis had called the police on each instance. LE would have had to catch the in the act and arrest her for anything to have changed.

GUESS WHAT?????!!!!!!!!

Christmas came early! As did the 's opening brief, which is being sent to me right now! Woot!

It is apparently as long as 300 PAGES (!!), so would very much like to figure out a way to post a link (or whatever) to the entire brief. Suggestions??

The brief is anything but brief...it is 342 pages long.

Her attorneys present SIX arguments in the brief. Excessive publicity is number 1 (that JSS "failed to protect " the from said, which denied her the right to a fair trial).
These are the others:

2. That wasn't given the opportunity to challenge info provided by the officer investigating the theft of her grandparents' gun.

3. JSS abused her discretion when she allowed DeMarte to testify as to 's state of mind at the time she murdered Travis.

4. Being forced to wear a stun belt throughout violated her right to a fair trial.

5. JSS committed clear error by not reinstating jurors who were disqualified during voir dire by JM's alleged " improper" premptory strikes, even after the defense brought JM's impropriety to her attention.

6.Pervasive and persistent prosecutorial misconduct denied due process & her right to a fair trial.

-------

Reading the whole thing is going to take awhile. ....will post here & there as I go through it, unless someone comes up with a way for me to post the whole thing.

Last edited:
Oh holy crap, is this going to be NAUSEATING!! In the first paragraphs alone under the "facts" section (!!!!) they write that and "TA" "were bound by secrets," that she was physically abused by her parents, and that she was a "spiritual seeker always interested in self improvement."

It's going to take me longer than I thought, since I'm obviously going to have to take many, many mini-WTF breaks...

GUESS WHAT?????!!!!!!!!

Christmas came early! As did the 's opening brief, which is being sent to me right now! Woot!

It is apparently as long as 300 PAGES (!!), so would very much like to figure out a way to post a link (or whatever) to the entire brief. Suggestions??
Merry Christmas in July!

Download the PDF file (if that's how you received it) to your computer, then attach that file in your post? If the file is humongous though, WS might reject it? But how do you do that? Any ideas, friends?

Merry Christmas in July!

Download the PDF file (if that's how you received it) to your computer, then attach that file in your post? If the file is humongous though, WS might reject it? But how do you do that? Any ideas, friends?

I'm on my phone, will switch to my computer & try that. It IS a very large file though. I think it's about 3 MB.

As much as I want to read it RIGHT NOW, and to try that download idea, give me about 20 minutes, because I have half a wall painted, an open paint can, and a rapidly drying brush, lol.

But one more quick howl of protest- I've already lost track of the number of LIES in the "fact" section, most of which is devoted to portraying Travis as a hypocritical sexual predator. I am very afraid of reading next that it is a "fact" that Travis was a pedophile.

These attorneys can't write (the writing is abyssmal), but more importantly, they have the gall to repeat the smear-Travis lies she told at trial?! No wonder they wanted this appeal for the sealed!

The brief is anything but brief...it is 342 pages long.

Her attorneys present SIX arguments in the brief. Excessive publicity is number 1 (that JSS "failed to protect " the from said, which denied her the right to a fair trial).
These are the others:

2. That wasn't given the opportunity to challenge info provided by the officer investigating the theft of her grandparents' gun.

3. JSS abused her discretion when she allowed DeMarte to testify as to 's state of mind at the time she murdered Travis.

4. Being forced to wear a stun belt throughout violated her right to a fair trial.

5. JSS committed clear error by not reinstating jurors who were disqualified during voir dire by JM's alleged " improper" premptory strikes, even after the defense brought JM's impropriety to her attention.

6.Pervasive and persistent prosecutorial misconduct denied due process & her right to a fair trial.

-------

Reading the whole thing is going to take awhile. ....will post here & there as I go through it, unless someone comes up with a way for me to post the whole thing.
Already making me upset and dismayed with this little snippet. Wow, I don't blame you for anticipating many many WTF and WTH breaks.

Hopefully I managed to multiquote?

Travis did tell Samantha about the tire-slashing, and Samantha was convinced the was responsible.

That might have been one of the occasions Travis later referred to on May 26 when he said he had covered up for the , and/or had told others the lies she had told him.

BTW, when Samantha kept pressing Travis to accept that the was the slasher, Travis told her the had promised to take a lie detector test to prove she didn't slash his tires (she may have even claimed she had scheduled one).

Sam scoffed- do you really think she would follow through?

(Kinda like her "offer" to Flores to take a lie detector test, eh?)

On one of the 3 occasions his /Lisa's tires were slashed, Travis DID call the police, but gave up after waiting 4 hours or so for them to show up.

I agree with you, Rickshaw, that nothing would have been different even if Travis had called the police on each instance. LE would have had to catch the in the act and arrest her for anything to have changed.
Thank you for clearing that up!ugh! How utterly frustrating:(

Oh holy crap, is this going to be NAUSEATING!! In the first paragraphs alone under the "facts" section (!!!!) they write that and "TA" "were bound by secrets," that she was physically abused by her parents, and that she was a "spiritual seeker always interested in self improvement."

It's going to take me longer than I thought, since I'm obviously going to have to take many, many mini-WTF breaks...
So,she's saying she is what actually TA was???!!! :eek::oops::mad:the nerve of that succubus!

I
Travis frequently took loans from HER?????!!!!!
She broke up with HIM????!!!
She believed in his Mormon authority so much she thought Travis spoke for God?????!!!!!!!

Travis frequently took loans from HER?????!!!!!
She broke up with HIM????!!!
She believed in his Mormon authority so much she thought Travis spoke for God?????!!!!!!!
I see her delusions have intensified...... :rolleyes:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member