Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm giving more thought to anything case related......<snip>
(Have to go out, but next question- when did she switch the plates that AM?)

I can't believe it, either, but here we go.

And your theory still accommodates many of the other scenarios: no sex, arriving later in the day, surprising TA when he returned after a bike ride, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm looking forward to the next installment. :happydance:

There was a question above that's still bugging me. Apologies if I'm disrupting the flow of the thread.

What was the relevance of the broken finger to Juan's pitch? How about the cut finger?

It was only important, surely, if JA didn't confess to the crime?

Wow.....

She would have had to put the CA plates back on AFTER she got into NV, because otherwise, she would have maybe been captured in someone's security camera in AZ. The big risk was Hoover Dam. Same with if she put the AZ plates on after she crossed the border from CA. She didn't want to be connected with AZ.

On the other hand, when she gave Flores that crazy description of how she got lost on the way to Las Vegas and had gone into AZ, she might have been covering for the fact that she still had CA plates on. She might have decided in retrospect (because/if she didn't change the plates until later) that she could have been captured in video with CA plates in AZ, and her sudden fear in the Flores interrogation caused her to invent a whackamole story on the fly. Or maybe she had invented a story before and inserted it when it seemed likely.

I'm thinking that Starbucks was the site of a plate switch. JA has the habit of integrating real events and details into her lies. This lets her lie without batting an eye lid. But it also looks bizarrely florid. So, I'm thinking that there was a plate switch at that Starbucks, and it had nothing to do with skateboarders. Perhaps Juan was trying to intimate as much during closing in the guilt phase?

This has long been my fave place for calling Ryan (this location has cell service, and that's uncommon in that area), dumping stuff, getting washed up, taking a shower, eating a burger. Anything in the dumpsters (including knives since there's a kitchen), would have been buried 'til the end of time.

https://www.arizonalaststop.com

Hope, you mentioned that TA's side door to the garage faced Bryce. Is it just over the wall? Or did you mean it's further down the street opening in the direction of Bryce.

JA had gone past that garage side door on the way to the back sliding doors where she saw TA with Lisa?

<snip>

She may have borrowed a set of license plates from Matt McCartney (knowing he wouldn't report them as being stolen), and then changed them out in Santa Cruz at her leisure and then continued on with her trip while whistling a happy tune.

Well I guess whatever she did with regards to the license plates carried risk. Only she knows how much risk she was willing to take based on what she did. I would write and ask her, but I don't want her or Matt McCartney knowing my home address.

Interesting. Maybe this is how Matt knew she was in AZ? That was the incriminating evidence he had on her? And she knew this would show first degree intent?

There was a question above that's still bugging me. Apologies if I'm disrupting the flow of the thread.

What was the relevance of the broken finger to Juan's pitch? How about the cut finger?

It was only important, surely, if JA didn't confess to the crime?
Was her mythical broken left ring finger supposedly from when Travis kicked her (because she didn't have any money to lend him?)? If so, that supports her claim of physical abuse that she endured from him in the latter part of their relationship.

So she couldn't have caused the injury to that same finger herself when she was stabbing Travis. She could have (coincidentally) cut the same finger on a metal shelf at work (and didn't file any paperwork for the injury), she could have cut it in Travis' kitchen slicing an apple, or she could have cut it on a broken glass at a bar she didn't work at, but she didn't cut it when she was stabbing Travis, rendering it permanently crooked. Travis the abuser did that. Go ask Alyce. I think she'll know... :D

All that mattered to JM about the license plates was what that upside plate represented: premeditation.

As he said in his book, he put limits on what he investigated for the case, both because he had to (the rabbitholes in her case are nearly limitless), and because the only necessary investigations were those that produced evidence of premeditation and her guilt.

JM, not JG as I had typed. (I must have left my brain at home.) :innocent:

The weed really, really is dead, never to rise again; that aliens levitated the plates is no more ridiculous a proposition than murderous ninjas; Alyce says she knows about chicken bones, but she also says she can read your mind, a life unkind, or was that Ruby on Tuesday, but in any case, Babylon has fallen, fallen, Babylon has fallen to rise no more. ;)

In light of what has been going on recently, I could not help notice that Jodi Arias show characteristics similar to Larry Nassar, David and Louise Turpin, Stephen Paddock, and Devin Kelley. The common characteristics are they are extreme narcissists devoid of empathy. They are dangerous psychopaths.

I've given the theories set out some thought. Intriguing as they are in places there is a risk of complicating what might have been more simple. Using Travis' plates added risk. Matt McCartney's plates would provide a direct association to Arias and implicate one of her few allies. My instinct was that she didn't park so close as that risked the car being spotted with no plates. The elementary school I mentioned is a short walk away with a large car park. Why not take off the plate somewhere like that if it did not have CTV? Providing it was there at the time of the murder:)

It would be easy to remove one plate in the car park. Backing it up against a wall or shrubbery would add extra protection as the car would look normal. Arias made numerous mistakes in planning this murder. Perhaps she thought that dying her hair and changing the car was good enough if she removed one plate?

Having said this, one thing niggles. That is the image of Travis' car with the squinty plate. I remember looking at the crime scene photographs but can't seem to find it now. If anyone has it, please would you post?

I've been home sick for a few days and have been reading the last couple of sidebar threads. You all have done such an amazing job of getting inside that dark, twisted head of hers. I'm truly impressed! I can't possibly thank every individual post (well, I could but I didn't lol) so let me say here to every contributor, THANK YOU!!! for providing me with this welcome distraction

Off to continue reading...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've given the theories set out some thought. Intriguing as they are in places there is a risk of complicating what might have been more simple. Using Travis' plates added risk. Matt McCartney's plates would provide a direct association to Arias and implicate one of her few allies. My instinct was that she didn't park so close as that risked the car being spotted with no plates. The elementary school I mentioned is a short walk away with a large car park. Why not take off the plate somewhere like that if it did not have CTV? Providing it was there at the time of the murder:)

It would be easy to remove one plate in the car park. Backing it up against a wall or shrubbery would add extra protection as the car would look normal. Arias made numerous mistakes in planning this murder. Perhaps she thought that dying her hair and changing the car was good enough if she removed one plate?

Having said this, one thing niggles. That is the image of Travis' car with the squinty plate. I remember looking at the crime scene photographs but can't seem to find it now. If anyone has it, please would you post?

TW- I'm pretty sure the photo of T's car with crooked plate is in JM's book. IIRC, I posted it here, so if you don't have his book handy, the pic is most likely in the JM book discussion thread.

FWIW about Meridian Elementary as parking place- the school is further away in walking distance & time than it looks on a map, and though regular school was out of session by then, staff might well have been there that day, and summer programs in session. Long walk= eyes; attended parking lot= more eyes. ;)

I deleted Juan's book from my iPad but will try to find it in the book section. The reason I thought she may have parked further away was sparked by her running and being in training before the murder. Just to be more fit or ensure she could cover a modest distance quickly? Looking like an average jogger may be a good disguise, hood up, hair dyed. Leaving a plate off very close may have attracted attention. Same with getting in and out of the car.

Arriving during the night the school car park would most likely have had no one there. School was out, so less people would have been around possibly, even with activities during the day. It could have been another similar space, not necessarily the school I pinpointed. No one saw Arias leaving after the murder. Not one eye witness. She was forced into leaving during the day yet not one neighbour saw her.

Of course, she may still have parked as close as you speculate. Using Travis' plate caught my attention as it would be clever if buying the replacement plate theory. Was she that clever?

Yet the the plate on his car not being straight draws me back. &#55357;&#56849;&#55357;&#56898; Yes, it's a weed. Yes, it's not necessary in terms of evidence or proof as Juan covered all bases. It's a missing puzzle piece. They can be fun.

PS: Could have been the aliens. &#55357;&#56445;&#55357;&#56446;&#55357;&#56445;

I deleted Juan's book from my iPad but will try to find it in the book section. The reason I thought she may have parked further away was sparked by her running and being in training before the murder. Just to be more fit or ensure she could cover a modest distance quickly? Looking like an average jogger may be a good disguise, hood up, hair dyed. Leaving a plate off very close may have attracted attention. Same with getting in and out of the car.

Arriving during the night the school car park would most likely have had no one there. School was out, so less people would have been around possibly, even with activities during the day. It could have been another similar space, not necessarily the school I pinpointed. No one saw Arias leaving after the murder. Not one eye witness. She was forced into leaving during the day yet not one neighbour saw her.

Of course, she may still have parked as close as you speculate. Using Travis' plate caught my attention as it would be clever if buying the replacement plate theory. Was she that clever?

Yet the the plate on his car not being straight draws me back. &#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533; Yes, it's a weed. Yes, it's not necessary in terms of evidence or proof as Juan covered all bases. It's a missing puzzle piece. They can be fun.

PS: Could have been the aliens. &#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;

* I don't remember anything about her getting in shape, but if she said she was, IMO it's a safe bet that was a lie, and another example of her post-Mesa copy-catting whatever Travis was doing (blogs, his getting in shape for Cancun, etc).

* I don't think she is clever at all, but I'm sure she's positive she's a genius. Flores, JM, even JSS all said that the did a lot of planning & preparation before arriving in Mesa.

She obviously thought about the risk of being seen, which is why she dyed her hair. She obviously was willing to take all kinds of risks, including the biggest of all-- not knowing what Travis would do when he knew she was there, not to mention, that he wouldn't text a friend & tell him/her that the was there.

Obviously, none of us know for sure very much about what happened that day (other than the obvious) and that includes license plates switcheroos.

The weed reference was a poke at myself, not anyone or anything else. It's really & truly the case that finally, after YEARS and literally countless hours spent chasing down and analyzing every last thing -related, I'm done.

Thinking about any of it now feels like work, and really, kind of pointless, because what else is there to say that could possibly be new or different than what we've already discussed here for years?

That really is JMO, but what I meant about one last weed, now obliterated.

The only caveat to that: I'm definitely interested in her appeals, and just as interested in what may come out if Nurmi goes full out rogue ex-attorney in that civil suit. :D

"* I don't remember anything about her getting in shape, but if she said she was, IMO it's a safe bet that was a lie, and another example of her post-Mesa copy-catting whatever Travis was doing (blogs, his getting in shape for Cancun, etc)."

Where is Tex Mex? I miss his contributions and sharp memory on the trial and Arias. Perhaps someone else remembers about her running comments?

Arias definitely said she had been practising running. What I can'r recall right now is precisely where. Was it in her journals? The trial? Ryan Burns testified that she was strong and fit (referred to her abs). I thought she may have said this to Burns initially. My impression was that she had talked about practising her running times after returning to CA and before the murder. Sure, she is a world class liar but not everything is a lie. The running comment stuck in my mind. Was this part of the planning? Being able to run or jog away after the murder? Does that speak to the distance the car was parked away from the house?

There are still people joining the forum as they are interested in this case. They have different perspectives, new ideas and questions. It is still one of the most fascinating trials. Her appeal will also draw interest. It would be great if Nurmi gets his revenge. Bring it on. &#55357;&#56397;

Action on the COA docket, the first since October, 2017: a notice by the State of change of counsel, the new fellow is an assistant AG.

I think the change indicates the replacement of a place holder counsel with the State's attorney who will be handling the State's response to the imminent & no doubt controversial opening brief by the 's attorneys.

Regarding the idea that "there's a risk in complicating what might have been more simple."

Arias didn't do simple. It wasn't in her nature. And it wasn't in her habits.

If Arias had done simple, she might never have been caught for TA's slaughter.

News about the civil case against Nurmi (the interpretation of which is complicated, and much of it above my pay grade):

Karen Clark's husband and law partner is the attorney of record for the civil suit against Nurmi. A new entry on the Superior Court docket (Jan 23) indicates that he filed a "Certificate of Agreement" requiring a response by Nurmi.

The Agreement refers to AZ's civil case law/rules about mandatory arbitration. If damages resulting from the alleged wrongdoing by a defendant do not exceed $50,000, both parties (defendant & plaintiff) are required to resolve the case through arbitration, not through the trial process.

Again,the 's attorney filed that certificate of Agreement. Why?

** He believes Nurmi's profits from his book & media appearances do not exceed $50k.

**He wants to force Nurmi to provide evidence about how much profit (lol) book/media appearances Nurmi earned, without having to go to trial (the only other method of obtaining this info from Nurmi).

*If Nurmi earned under $50k, he will be forced into arbitration. No escape.

Arbitration in AZ is conducted by a panel of attorneys, not a judge. There almost certainly would be no public record of the process. :(

Could Nurmi prevail in arbitration? That's the part that is way beyond my pay grade.

Nurmi admitted in his disbarment consent that he did break attorney-client privilege. If this civil suit is arbitrated solely on that global issue, Nurmi loses. But can it be? Dunno.

From the civil complaint against him, it seems that Nurmi may have conceded that SOME of what he included in his book broke privilege, but not all, and not on any of the central topics for which he has asserted the waived privilege herself by attacking him in that post-conviction interview.

Many of those precise topics are alleged in the civil complaint to be evidence of his violation of attorney-client privilege and of his fiduciary duty to the .

Rereading the 48 page complaint against Nurmi in the context of arbritration, not a trial, being the most likely avenue , what's really obvious is that most of the complaint is irrelevant to the legal issues at hand. Instead, it clearly serves the 's purpose of sliming Nurmi & of peddling her delusions ,with impunity, and without Nurmi being able to reply in public:

** that he used photos of her nether regions being as a screensaver, etc),

**gets to assert her own "innocence" in trial strategy (Nurmi wanted to dirty Travis's reputation & hurt his family, she didn't),

**gets to make the absurd claim that had Nurmi followed her instructions, she would have put on a different defense (not self-defense) and won.

If the suit is entirely about civil liability for breaking privilege, we won't hear Nurmi's defense on any of that, because NONE of it is relevant to the issues of whether or not Nurmi illegally profited from breaking attorney-client privilege/violated his fiduciary duty to the , and whether or not he can be forced to relinquish any or all of his profits from doing so.

The only other relevant charge in the complaint, more implicit than directly asserted, is that Nurmi's choice of defense and trial strategy were based on his own self interest, that being his (supposed) intention from the beginning of trial to profit from writing a book, so the more salacious the trial, the more he would profit.

(Good luck proving any of that charge).

Last thought: I've wondered how this civil case could possibly proceed while her appeals are still pending, given that Nurmi is allowed to spill EVERYTHING about his interactions with the in order to defend himself. The likely answer - arbitration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove