Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only on page 6 of "The Facts" and already wondering what Twilight Zone we're in here. :eek:

I'm not an attorney, much less an appellate attorney, but I have read a lot of appeappellate briefs & fact sections of appellate decisions, and I have NEVER seen one like this, ever. The fact section is supposed to be about FACTS, not trial testimony that was not only impeached but obliterated.

The brief is anything but brief...it is 342 pages long.

Her attorneys present SIX arguments in the brief. Excessive publicity is number 1 (that JSS "failed to protect " the from said, which denied her the right to a fair trial).
These are the others:

2. That wasn't given the opportunity to challenge info provided by the officer investigating the theft of her grandparents' gun.

3. JSS abused her discretion when she allowed DeMarte to testify as to 's state of mind at the time she murdered Travis.

4. Being forced to wear a stun belt throughout violated her right to a fair trial.

5. JSS committed clear error by not reinstating jurors who were disqualified during voir dire by JM's alleged " improper" premptory strikes, even after the defense brought JM's impropriety to her attention.

6.Pervasive and persistent prosecutorial misconduct denied due process & her right to a fair trial.

-------

Reading the whole thing is going to take awhile. ....will post here & there as I go through it, unless someone comes up with a way for me to post the whole thing.

Thanks, Hope, for slogging through all of it.
That really thinks she's going to get a new trial and be acquitted, doesn't she? I feel like one of those cartoon characters with smoke coming out of their ears! GRRRRR!

Here's hoping one or both of my sleuthing sisters can figure out a way to post the entire brief so everyone can read it for themselves. (And then come here to vent).;)
You should be able to upload the PDf file somewhere public, like one of the image viewer things, after all, PDF's are images. Then provide a link to the group. 3 MB is not that large. If you can email it to me, I will find a way and provide a link. PM me for my email adress

This is all just one big antagonistic FU from the .she already knew there was no chance of her appeal not getting denied especially when she blew it for herself revealing how she remembered that TA was still alive when she cut his throat at sentencing.she knew she was cooked at that point.to paraphrase her own words.."she really screwed the pooch on that one":rolleyes:

Can it be broken up into sections & posted?

broken up into sections?

I saved it to Foxit (the pdf reader I use) but in my free edition it doesn't have the option to save it in a smaller format. I can save it to 'cloud reading' but have never used that so not sure what exactly to do, let me do some reading on their help and see if I save it there if others can access it.

You should be able to upload the PDf file somewhere public, like one of the image viewer things, after all, PDF's are images. Then provide a link to the group. 3 MB is not that large. If you can email it to me, I will find a way and provide a link. PM me for my email adress

It's 13MB. Thanks for the offer. I'm hoping Geevee or Pocket will follow up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand