Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Then again I saw a post that I believe came off of Karas's site that said it was turned over to the prosecutors. Don't quote me on that. That might cause a delay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But on a positive note... forecast highs this week in Goodyear AZ are in the 105 degree range. :)

She's the one who's the professor, but not at a major establishment: a college (not a university, so it might actually be a high school, 'cos in Europe that's what "colleges" refer to) in Europe. And yes, she might very well have been the mastermind of the crime.

The episode was called "Secrets"? It was 2 hours long.

Love your name, by the way.

Thanks rickshaw! So, I googled Dateline - The Secret - New Episode 15May 2015 and finally found it. Watched for almost 2 hours and the program started all over again and I never did get to see the ending! Frustrating. There is another clip there that states runs for 4:33:16!! Might have to try that :thinking:
(I chose my name from 'Silence of the Lambs' and I'm originally from the UK)

Jodi's "vent partner" at Perryville (Shawna Forde) released a letter with her impressions of Jodi.

Shawna says she expected to meet a beautiful and confident woman, but Jodi turned out to be "an average brunette with crooked teeth." :D

https://www.facebook.com/shawnaforde123/posts/930653193654065

(Hope this link is OK, Mods. It is the "Free Shawna Forde" Facebook page, which is a public page).

She's the one who's the professor, but not at a major establishment: a college (not a university, so it might actually be a high school, 'cos in Europe that's what "colleges" refer to) in Europe. And yes, she might very well have been the mastermind of the crime.

The episode was called "Secrets"? It was 2 hours long.

Love your name, by the way.

Title is: "The Secret" episode of Dateline. Aired on a Friday night 1-2 weeks ago.

Hopefully as close to hell on earth as it gets..... sweet. :great:
I've been in Phoenix when it was 120 and it was no fun! Hopefully it'll be Jodi's day out in the yard, and they'll forget about her. Wonder if she smells like a goddess yet? She got her wish to live in Arizona and not have to work...

Anyone know when Sheriff Joe is releasing his report on Jodi? Still waiting.

Thanks rickshaw! So, I googled Dateline - The Secret - New Episode 15May 2015 and finally found it. Watched for almost 2 hours and the program started all over again and I never did get to see the ending! Frustrating. There is another clip there that states runs for 4:33:16!! Might have to try that :thinking:
(I chose my name from 'Silence of the Lambs' and I'm originally from the UK)

I did recognize the reference to the Silence of the Lambs: that's why your name is so great!

Did you also think the "Secret" woman's accent was an affected idea of the components of UK English without the whole real accent? I can move from American to UK English and vice versa by emphasizing consonants (or not) and speaking very quickly (or not), but at least mine sounds mostly real in both Englishes (I have trouble with a few sounds in American 'cos I learnt it as an adult). I thought the "Secret" woman was trying to fit in with the US "horsey crowd"....

OMG, look at that weather forecast! Those rows and rows of suns are even hard on the eyes!
Doubt the swamp coolers are gonna be much of a relief. Her best bet is to lay prone on the concrete floor of her cage.

I did recognize the reference to the Silence of the Lambs: that's why your name is so great!

Did you also think the "Secret" woman's accent was an affected idea of the components of UK English without the whole real accent? I can move from American to UK English and vice versa by emphasizing consonants (or not) and speaking very quickly (or not), but at least mine sounds mostly real in both Englishes (I have trouble with a few sounds in American 'cos I learnt it as an adult). I thought the "Secret" woman was trying to fit in with the US "horsey crowd"....

Not to disagree again, but I just saw it as English with a Spanish accent.

My questions ^^^^ were clearly addressed to Hello Clarice.

I am very familiar with American speakers from "New World" backgrounds. My first language was not English. That's not something that can be argued with.

Jodi's "vent partner" at Perryville (Shawna Forde) released a letter with her impressions of Jodi.

Shawna says she expected to meet a beautiful and confident woman, but Jodi turned out to be "an average brunette with crooked teeth." :D

(Hope this link is OK, Mods. It is the "Free Shawna Forde" Facebook page, which is a public page).

This isn't directed at you, Zebra, but how bizarre is it that a convicted child-killer on DR is being listened to and thanked(elsewhere) for providing "info" about another convicted and especially cruel murderer?

Why would anyone believe a word that child-killer says? Then the media distorts her distortions by saying JA was "concerned" that her de-fogged outburst might hurt her appeals.

That's not what the child killer said. She said that JA asked her what she thought about the outburst. An important distinction.

IMO, the "outburst" was preplanned, calculated, and discussed with her DT. I doubt either JW or KN approved of it, but their dissent wouldn't have made any difference anyway.

JA's admission didn't damage her appeals, though it's clear the majority of the few folks still paying attention to all this think she did just that. Her one straight shot appeal will be about trial/legal "technicalities," not testimony.

Circling back (it's been awhile, I'm out of practice ;), while I think JA relished the secondary benefit of hurting the Alexanders for daring to speak up, I think JA's focus was on pivoting - in public- from playing meek victim to playing bad arse inmate, in anticipation of Perryville. New audience- fellow inmates. New goal- survival on her own terms until her fellow inmates recognize her as the goddess she is and treat her accordingly.

She asked the child killer for reviews on her performance because JA cannot survive without affirmation from others.

OMG, look at that weather forecast! Those rows and rows of suns are even hard on the eyes!

Things won't start to get uncomfortable until the rainy season begins. The swamp coolers work well as long as the humidity remains low, and it cools off at night there. Once they start getting their summer rains though, the evaporative coolers don't work very well. That's when it'll be very hot and humid.

ETA: The only reason I surmise this is that I have a swamp cooler. Where I live it works very well--less well when our rains come. But I'm at a higher elevation, which helps.

This isn't directed at you, Zebra, but how bizarre is it that a convicted child-killer on DR is being listened to and thanked(elsewhere) for providing "info" about another convicted and especially cruel murderer?

Why would anyone believe a word that child-killer says? Then the media distorts her distortions by saying JA was "concerned" that her de-fogged outburst might hurt her appeals.

That's not what the child killer said. She said that JA asked her what she thought about the outburst. An important distinction.

IMO, the "outburst" was preplanned, calculated, and discussed with her DT. I doubt either JW or KN approved of it, but their dissent wouldn't have made any difference anyway.

JA's admission didn't damage her appeals, though it's clear the majority of the few folks still paying attention to all this think she did just that. Her one straight shot appeal will be about trial/legal "technicalities," not testimony.

Circling back (it's been awhile, I'm out of practice ;), while I think JA relished the secondary benefit of hurting the Alexanders for daring to speak up, I think JA's focus was on pivoting - in public- from playing meek victim to playing bad arse inmate, in anticipation of Perryville. New audience- fellow inmates. New goal- survival on her own terms until her fellow inmates recognize her as the goddess she is and treat her accordingly.

She asked the child killer for reviews on her performance because JA cannot survive without affirmation from others.

It's bizarre to you and to most of us, but I've been watching this play out and have decided that it's just prison culture. The two murderers have probably decided that two heads are better than one: Both have fan bases to nurture, after all. They are both notorious users of people and will try to use each other. :floorlaugh:

I'd say that JA's prison culture indoctrination is just getting started. ;)

Thanks for pointing out the distinction. I noticed that too.

I've been all over that page. Fascinating and pathetic, no? Thank god they're both locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand