Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a flipping joke, the comments to this story are well, strange.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-convicted-murderers-trial-cant-be-pinpointed

OMG. The comments are priceless. On one extreme you have Edie, who seems to live in a world where hating JA is her life-force (that can't be healthy), and on the other end, this weirdo, Dwight who seems just as delusional in support of JA. And oh yeah, gotta have SW in there just because she has an ongoing need to feel that she's in some way relevant.

The story itself appears to be a bit strange. "...after the panel voted 11-1 to spare the convicted murderer's life."

Umm, didn't "the panel" vote 11-1 to put her on Death Row? Meaning, you know... NOT spare the convicted murderer's life?

Who writes this stuff? Who proofreads this stuff???

I thought the same thing. It was very poorly worded.

The story itself appears to be a bit strange. "...after the panel voted 11-1 to spare the convicted murderer's life."

Umm, didn't "the panel" vote 11-1 to put her on Death Row? Meaning, you know... NOT spare the convicted murderer's life?

LMAO, yes they voted 11-1 to put her down like a rabid skunk.

LOL, more importantly, where do I sign up to get paid to write this *&^%$ ?

:drumroll: :takeabow:

Can't believe Sheriff's report is still not out....but I hear he has problems of his own.

We all have problems...we still have to do our jobs!

Actually, Joe has probably done his part regarding the report; it may be up to someone else to release it to the public.

I wonder how smart JA thinks she is now....

I would not be surprised if she still believes she is smarter than everyone else, that her being in a cage for the rest of her life has nothing to do with her own actions but is due solely to the shortcomings of others, in particular the "biased judge" who would not be lenient in sentencing even if God asked her to.

Executive summary of the investigation into leaking of juror names was just released. Bottom line.....JSS ruled out court staff as source of leak, accepted the investigator's opinion that the source can't be determined, and that is the end of that. Investigation over, issue dead.

BTW, emphasis was on release of holdout juror's name, not the 11 on JAA.

My bet would be who leaked the holdout's name is all that they asked to have investigated. Bill M in his little speech said it would be investigated but he was or pretended to be under the impression #17 was being threatened (because, you know, she was hollered at in social media). I don't think anyone took the JA supporters seriously in their verbal vomit hurled toward the 11 jurors who got it right; probably didn't take any of the social media mess seriously but had to put up the pretense of being concerned about #17.

Did anyone other than CMJA ever accuse Travis of being a pedophile? Did the parents of any children try to have him charged with a crime, independently of the murder case? I think I know the answer to this question, but after reading the email Skye Hughes wrote to Kirk Nurmi, it made me wonder.

O/T, Jmoose, your dog is so cute (your avatar).

Did anyone other than CMJA ever accuse Travis of being a pedophile? Did the parents of any children try to have him charged with a crime, independently of the murder case? I think I know the answer to this question, but after reading the email Skye Hughes wrote to Kirk Nurmi, it made me wonder.

NO!!! No one other than CMJA has ever accused Travis of anything (other than flirting).

The DT had YEARS and an unlimited budget to dig up every single speck of dirt about Travis out there. They found NOTHING, and not one single person who didn't like/love and respect Travis.

Well, OK. One. The DT dirtied themselves up by giving Marc McGee an opportunity to smear Travis, McGee who Travis barely knew but who clearly hated Travis, no doubt because Travis was everything MM was not- including truthful.

I can't imagine why you think there is the slightest possibility Travis ever hurt anyone, much less a child.

BBM - ABSOLUTELY NOT. Sorry for the all caps, but I can't emphasize this enough. This BS was simply dreamed up by the killer after all her other defense 'strategies' collapsed under the weight of her lies. Nurmi, accustomed to defending actual child molesters in his private practice, knows how loathsome a child molester is viewed by the public, so he thought he had a shot at smearing the victim and generating sympathy for his killer client. :moo: Luckily, both juries knew it was all lies, just like everything else coming from the killer and defense team.

NO!!! No one other than CMJA has ever accused Travis of anything (other than flirting).

The DT had YEARS and an unlimited budget to dig up every single speck of dirt about Travis out there. They found NOTHING, and not one single person who didn't like/love and respect Travis.

Well, OK. One. The DT dirtied themselves up by giving Marc McGee an opportunity to smear Travis, McGee who Travis barely knew but who clearly hated Travis, no doubt because Travis was everything MM was not- including truthful. could not find a single person who knew Travis who didn't like and respect him.

I can't imagine why you think there is the slightest possibility Travis ever hurt anyone, much less a child.
BBM - I always suspected that the one with that 'problem' was actually Marc McGee. :moo:

It's great to see you again, Hope. :) I've taken a bit of a break from all things Arias before I watch all of the retrial videos (wanting a clear mental deck from which to view them), I agree with your points above, I do think she planned a lengthy 'defending myself' diatribe during her secret testimony and had to condense it to the extreme for sentencing, trying to help herself while hurting the Alexanders, and as usual failing at both.

I also think the letters she's gotten out of jail to her supporters fly in the face of a 'mentally ill' defendant and will be useful during appeals if that card is played. What, she's only crazy occasionally?

It's really been lovely not thinking about her at all day in and day out but I'm almost ready to dive back in, beginning with the videos. Anyways, glad to see you posting again.

Thanks, Geevee. :).

I took a long break too- including a self-imposed exile from posting or even reading here. It IS lovely, isn't it, to not be breathing in her ugliness?

About "remembering" during sentencing. I'm pretty sure I read that Wilmott said in her interview afterwards that CMJA had planned on testifying she HAD "remembered" more of that day.

AZL thought the DT may have provided her written testimony to the court, for appeals. (what she would have said, you know, if she hadn't been so afraid ). Some years down the road that garbage might be part of a public record. Or not.

Whatever. I'm beginning to think it's possible the realities of Perryville are catching up to her. She's gonna have to morph into bad arse inmate if she wants to survive, and the real bad arses don't seem to take kindly to her being infamous. Maybe that means we can look forward to many months of a muzzled murderer. ;)

Well, OK. One. The DT dirtied themselves up by giving Marc McGee an opportunity to smear Travis, McGee who Travis barely knew but who clearly hated Travis, no doubt because Travis was everything MM was not- including truthful.

No! I don't believe it at all-that's where I was going with this! My point was that "she" accused him of pedophilia when there wasn't a victim that anyone could point to. No child accused him that I was aware of, and no parent of a child pointed a finger at him, either. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. It always stuns me that a person on trial is permitted to do things like this-isn't it against the law to lie under oath? It was obviously a lie because there was never any allegation against him, except by CMJA. It might be different if she only said he abused her, because it's possible that only the two of them might know about it-but it isn't possible that he could have abused a child, and only TA and CMJA would know about it-see what I mean? There is something so creepy about CMJA, and she tries so hard to keep it under wraps-but to no avail. Prison is going to be really hard for her because people there don't have to treat her in a civilized way when they recognize what she is-outside, where the rest of us are, someone like that can be avoided-but not where she is, so they'll deal with her in a way she isn't accustomed to-and won't like!

I agree totally Hope 4More. This was a make up story by CMJA and her attorneys. No one ever even hinted at it. And the stupid story about hiding his stash in the attic was completely debunked by Det. Flores. There was nothing in the attic but dust and ceiling joist and insulation. He stored his Christmas things in the garage. CMJA lied about everything. For anyone to make more of it is just SAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela