Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the fact that she gets air to breathe doesn't sit well with me. Inmate #281129 probably misses her 'STARBUCKS' favorite even more than a glass of fine wine (Door County Cranberry for me).

I kind of hesitated to read this... I don't like CMJA at all (like any of us, yea), was afraid of another soapbox. lol... "i'm so happy, new undies today, wohoo" *rolls eyes*

But really, 'prison reform?' Already suspicious of her, like what experience did she have that she needs to spend time on this? CMJA is not some poor gracious soul like she even supposed in her first sentence. Seriously? That's why these people are nuts, it's dangerous to believe everything you hear and then translate your belief as common ground for new people ("Condemned Woman Person").

Am I supposed to feel that her conviction by a sound (mostly) jury of her peers was something only wrong people do, or that our legal system was unjust in this case, or that the people running these very HOSTILE and difficult prison systems are wrong for trying to keep the hard-core minded away from people like myself who like to feel safe? I say they all deserve medals!

You want a condemned woman, look at all these women who can not speak up for themselves and are actually abused in 3rd world counties, still no legal protections, yet often, the legal protections and defense opportunities are just arrogantly abused by murderers and used as manipulative strategy to guilt the victims loved ones instead.

This girl was so bad, we wanted the DP. Who is going to pay for the prison reform? Certainly not myself. I'd rather that money go to schools and the such (I don't know about Arizona, but school taxes are insanely high where I'm from).

There is nothing to do for people like JA (lost cause from hell). I think we can agree, 2nd chances rely upon the situation, and it's up to the individual to make that verdict (you can't beg and claim to be condemned/whine). Prison reform implies paint job, rat traps or prairie hunting, better quality of food, softer and better quality mattresses, makeup, hotter water, etc etc.

No. No apologies here, I just say, no. If you wanted all that, you should have figured out how to handle a young man's rejection and not stab/shoot him, ain't it so? I think it's safe to say um.. it's a little too late for that pity party. She will probably always neglect to pity the Alexanders. You're lucky you get your migraine meds, toots. I'm frankly surprised she even has the brain activity for such issue, must be all that plotting and her attempts 'to be a nice person and not kill everyone who looks at me the wrong way' adrenaline byproduct.

Oh man, it's my day off, I had one fresh gin and tonic.
Haha ha, JA's got noo booze. lolol

I kind of hesitated to read this... I don't like CMJA at all (like any of us, yea), was afraid of another soapbox. lol... "i'm so happy, new undies today, wohoo" *rolls eyes*

But really, 'prison reform?' Already suspicious of her, like what experience did she have that she needs to spend time on this? CMJA is not some poor gracious soul like she even supposed in her first sentence. Seriously? That's why these people are nuts, it's dangerous to believe everything you hear and then translate your belief as common ground for new people ("Condemned Woman Person").

Am I supposed to feel that her conviction by a sound (mostly) jury of her peers was something only wrong people do, or that our legal system was unjust in this case, or that the people running these very HOSTILE and difficult prison systems are wrong for trying to keep the hard-core minded away from people like myself who like to feel safe? I say they all deserve medals!

You want a condemned woman, look at all these women who can not speak up for themselves and are actually abused in 3rd world counties, still no legal protections, yet often, the legal protections and defense opportunities are just arrogantly abused by murderers and used as manipulative strategy to guilt the victims loved ones instead.

This girl was so bad, we wanted the DP. Who is going to pay for the prison reform? Certainly not myself. I'd rather that money go to schools and the such (I don't know about Arizona, but school taxes are insanely high where I'm from).

There is nothing to do for people like JA (lost cause from hell). I think we can agree, 2nd chances rely upon the situation, and it's up to the individual to make that verdict (you can't beg and claim to be condemned/whine). Prison reform implies paint job, rat traps or prairie hunting, better quality of food, softer and better quality mattresses, makeup, hotter water, etc etc.

No. No apologies here, I just say, no. If you wanted all that, you should have figured out how to handle a young man's rejection and not stab/shoot him, ain't it so? I think it's safe to say um.. it's a little too late for that pity party. She will probably always neglect to pity the Alexanders. You're lucky you get your migraine meds, toots. I'm frankly surprised she even has the brain activity for such issue, must be all that plotting and her attempts 'to be a nice person and not kill everyone who looks at me the wrong way' adrenaline byproduct.

Consider the source. That blog writer is pen pals with Charles Manson and Drew Peterson, among others. She was once included as a subject in an article about women who fall in love with death row inmates.

Despite her years-long effort to get public attention by sucking up to infamous killers, her blog posts solicited ZERO comments until she seized upon CMJA's "offer" to "help" other inmates (I guess by offering them helpful beauty tips).

To summarize. CMJA's "reach" to the wider world has been reduced to passing along info that is posted third hand on a website supporting a child killer on death row, and to answering skin cleanser questions on a killer-lover's no-traffic blog.

Ok then.

Consider the source. That blog writer is pen pals with Charles Manson and Drew Peterson, among others. She was once included as a subject in an article about women who fall in love with death row inmates.

Despite her years-long effort to get public attention by sucking up to infamous killers, her blog posts solicited ZERO comments until she seized upon CMJA's "offer" to "help" other inmates (I guess by offering them helpful beauty tips).

To summarize. CMJA's "reach" to the wider world has been reduced to passing along info that is posted third hand on a website supporting a child killer on death row, and to answering skin cleanser questions on a killer-lover's no-traffic blog.

Ok then.
Good to see you again H4M. haven't seen you since verdict/sentencing redux.

Ok then.
BBM - Even then the killer only generated a dozen comments and half were just the blogger responding to the commenters. :laughing:

Ok then.

True reform always starts with a shout-out to L'oreal cosmetics! :facepalm:

AWESOME!! I wanted to stand and applaud after I read this post!! Maybe because I also enjoy a good gin and tonic. But seriously, millions of dollars, unlimited experts and years spent on her defense. This trial was a model for what due process should look like in the extreme sense. Obviously, CMJA is not thrilled with the outcome, but she is not the poster child for "unjustly convicted" and I can't understand why anyone would want to use her as an example or include her in their agenda.

AWESOME!! I wanted to stand and applaud after I read this post!! Maybe because I also enjoy a good gin and tonic. But seriously, millions of dollars, unlimited experts and years spent on her defense. This trial was a model for what due process should look like in the extreme sense. Obviously, CMJA is not thrilled with the outcome, but she is not the poster child for "unjustly convicted" and I can't understand why anyone would want to use her as an example or include her in their agenda.
Because they are, on some level, as unstable as she is, seemingly as articulate too. Isn't that interesting? Water seeks its own level- baby!

True reform always starts with a shout-out to L'oreal cosmetics! :facepalm:
Yeah, I'm quite sure L'Oreal didn't appreciate it.:sick: Jodi isn't allowed to wear makeup ever again- that's what's not being stated (she acts like this is her choice and it's temporary) and she will have tons of time for rest, but water and sunscreen aren't going to help her mug anymore!!! Neither will she have anymore photoshopped pictures. Her current mug shot is it!! Why didn't she smirk for it- she knew it would be distributed as widely if not moreso on the internet as her first mug shot???

LOL....all the way around. Check out her reply about how she takes care of her skin (water, rest, and sunscreen). RFLMAO!
Sunscreen to cut down on the glare/reflection from the sunglasses she wears. Sunglasses she wears because her future is so fuh-reakin' bright! [snort]

Yeah, I'm quite sure L'Oreal didn't appreciate it.:sick: Jodi isn't allowed to wear makeup ever again- that's what's not being stated (she acts like this is her choice and it's temporary) and she will have tons of time for rest, but water and sunscreen aren't going to help her mug anymore!!! Neither will she have anymore photoshopped pictures. Her current mug shot is it!! Why didn't she smirk for it- she knew it would be distributed as widely if not moreso on the internet as her first mug shot???

Actually the mea culpa regarding photoshopping makes me suspicious about the article's authenticity because I can't imagine CMJA admitting such a thing. Seriously, after reading that "admission" I question whether it is truly CMJA answering the questions.

Sunscreen to cut down on the glare/reflection from the sunglasses she wears. Sunglasses she wears because her future is so fuh-reakin' bright! [snort]
Indeed! Paparazzi too - which has been such an issue with wannabe blog stars, who also happen to be affiliated with Crazytown, USA.

Maybe those sunglasses are used for all those fresh coats of bright white paint on her cell walls, or those brand spanking new slip-on designer suicide proof tennis shoes.

Indeed! Paparazzi too - which has been such an issue with wannabe blog stars, who also happen to be affiliated with Crazytown, USA.

Maybe those sunglasses are used for all those fresh coats of bright white paint on her cell walls, or those brand spanking new slip-on designer suicide proof tennis shoes.

And with her somewhat sick imagination she can still do her head stands if she uses the John. She could send out messages on her scuba lessons after flushing of course.

This came through my 'TWITTER'.
Made me gag but yes, I did read it.
active link below.
Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 56m56 minutes ago
Woman Condemned: #JodiArias answers readers questions http://fb.me/4jRPlH9sw

I think this blogger is just making all these Q&A's up! They're all just extrapolations of typical Jodi behavior. I don't think any of it originates from prison.

I don't know if AZ Lawyer still reads here, but I am wondering what this entry on the Appeals court site means in 281129 appeals case. I see that all transcripts must be filed by 10/1/2015. Hopefully they are moving this along and SOON we will read "APPEAL DENIED"

23. 4-Sep-2015 FILED: Motion to Disqualify the Court of Appeals; Certificate of Service (Appellant)

I don't know if AZ Lawyer still reads here, but I am wondering what this entry on the Appeals court site means in 281129 appeals case. I see that all transcripts must be filed by 10/1/2015. Hopefully they are moving this along and SOON we will read "APPEAL DENIED"

23. 4-Sep-2015 FILED: Motion to Disqualify the Court of Appeals; Certificate of Service (Appellant)

Maybe you could post this question on the lawyer thread as I think she may still check in there from time to time.

My guess would be this motion has something to do with wanting the opinion of the Court of Appeals thrown out--that one that said that secret testimony and/or banning media from a courtroom goes against the Constitution. But it's just a guess.

Maybe you could post this question on the lawyer thread as I think she may still check in there from time to time.

My guess would be this motion has something to do with wanting the opinion of the Court of Appeals thrown out--that one that said that secret testimony and/or banning media from a courtroom goes against the Constitution. But it's just a guess.

I'm not sure where throwing out the Court of Appeals judgment would get her, since IIRC, the AZ Supreme Court went along with the CofA.
Maybe JA is just trying to get around one thread of the Appeals process. Just watch, she'll also try to get around the appeals thread that requires her to get a go-ahead from JSS. And then, magically, she'll be at the Federal appeals level.
What do you think about her current appeals attorneys wanting to go along with this strategy (obviously dreamed up by JA) because it means they will fast-track getting rid of Jodi as a client? The current attorneys, IIRC, would not be involved in a Federal appeal: it would all be Jodi's private money from her "fund".

I'm not sure where throwing out the Court of Appeals judgment would get her, since IIRC, the AZ Supreme Court went along with the CofA.
Maybe JA is just trying to get around one thread of the Appeals process. Just watch, she'll also try to get around the appeals thread that requires her to get a go-ahead from JSS. And then, magically, she'll be at the Federal appeals level.
What do you think about her current appeals attorneys wanting to go along with this strategy (obviously dreamed up by JA) because it means they will fast-track getting rid of Jodi as a client? The current attorneys, IIRC, would not be involved in a Federal appeal: it would all be Jodi's private money from her "fund".

Is it even possible to do that? I mean, can one motion for the right to skip a step in the appeals process?

I am not sure we can do that where I live but maybe in Arizona...

I am actually hoping she gets it granted, if that's what she's asking for. It might speed things along to the point of her being in a position of nothing further to look forward to happening years sooner than it might otherwise.

Is it even possible to do that? I mean, can one motion for the right to skip a step in the appeals process?

I am not sure we can do that where I live but maybe in Arizona...

I am actually hoping she gets it granted, if that's what she's asking for. It might speed things along to the point of her being in a position of nothing further to look forward to happening years sooner than it might otherwise.

She can waive her right to a direct appeal (to the COA), but that doesn't appear to be what her atty is requesting.

Arias isn't dictating appeals strategy, so there should be a modicum of sanity in how the appellate process unfolds.

It doesn't make any sense that the motion is related to the COA's ruling on her unconstitutional secret testimony. Leaving everything else aside, the COA's forced involvement happened during the penalty phase, and the issues Nurmi raised all related her rights to present a "full " mitigation case, given that the DP was on the table.

She didn't get the DP, and a Superior Court judge, not a jury, handed her the LWOP sentence. On what grounds could she possibly appeal for a lesser sentence, much less claim the COA as a whole should be disqualified from hearing an appeal related in part to sentencing?

I'm guessing the motion is related to the article written by COA Judge Kent Cattani, in which he stated that Arias' guilt "was never in doubt," and that the "only question " in the case was whether she would be given the DP.

Three COA judges will be assigned at some point to handle her appeal. Seems logical that her Atty can't ask for Cattani to recuse himself if he hasn't even been assigned yet, so maybe the motion is a pro forma objection in advance to having Cattani hear her appeal about the original verdict.

Actually the mea culpa regarding photoshopping makes me suspicious about the article's authenticity because I can't imagine CMJA admitting such a thing. Seriously, after reading that "admission" I question whether it is truly CMJA answering the questions.

Can't decide which is funnier.....that she's so desperate for attention she's stooped to doling out skin care suggestions to an audience of one, the blogger, OR that this killer -worshipping blogger is so desperate for attention that she's pretending CMJA replied to questions she never even sent.

LOL either way.

((Hi East2West, and thanks! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members