Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting a link directly to the sandwich eating portion. It really is ...weird, in a way I can't quite express. Rickshaw's right that it is animalistic, as in feral. Ignoring the sandwich, pretending indifference, sniffing for danger, then attacking it, ripping off pieces of it with her giant hands or with her teeth, smacking loudly, going back to ignoring it until she attacks it again.

I've never seen anyone eat like that...

She was probably checking to make sure it wasn't laced with something that would make you tell the truth. Also, she picked the napkin out of the trash to make sure they didn't have her DNA?

Geevee et al-

I don't understand how the sex pics were found on T's camera, but I no longer believe they had sex of any kind that day.

I think he cut her off altogether on May 26, that he had come to truly despise her, and that he finally realized she was what he accused her of being- evil and a sociopath.

There's just no way he would have agreed to have sex with her again, much less to allow her to take pics, even on his camera.

From all the glee she clearly feels about the shower pics, I'm even more positive he never gave her permission to take pics even in the shower, much less in the bedroom.

( Hearing her talk about the shower pics with Flores creeped me out the first time I saw that part of the interview, a long time ago.

She says of that last haunting photo of Travis alive--" yah, I really like that one a lot. Travis didn't. I don't know why..."

Creepy hair raising creepy.

BBM - FWIW, I can think of a way the pictures appeared on the camera, only because of a recent experience. My MIL passed away last month, and as part of her memorial, I put together a photo slide show. Some othe pictures I used were framed, or otherwise not accesible to me to scan into my computer, so I photographed them with my digital camera, and put them in the slide show that way.
The photos looked the same wether I had the original, or not. And if you were to look at the digital information from my camera, it would show they were taken at that date and time, although it was after my mother in law's death. Just a possibility.

I've never been sure about the sex that day, but what I've noticed is that Det Flores questioned CMJA as if that was a given, and though she denied it at first, she later went with it, and expounded on it.

In fact, except for the ninjas, she rarely deviates from what she discussed with Flores in those first few days, IMO - as if she used it as a template to ground her lies - IMO, JMO, MOO.

ETA - I also found her comments on the shower photos extremely creepy - moslty because we know Travis never had a chance to see them and couldnt have 'not liked' that one, Creepy.

Then why are they timestamped? Did she move them over from one SD card to another? I don't think so, because Sony has a specialized card and JA did not have a Sony.

The killer knew exactly what kind of camera TA had recently bought. Could she have bought and brought a compatible SD card with her?

If she snuck in after he went to sleep she theoretically could have had at least a few hours to stage the scene and fiddle with electronics.

I still think they had sex that day. I think it was important to her that she was the last one to be with him. She could have manipulated him into it by exploiting his forgiving nature, telling him anything and everything he wanted to hear, all backed up by her willing and seductive presence. I think it was an integral part of her plan. As sick as it is, it fits.

I've thought the same thing until very recently. Reading all the texts even made it seem more possible because of the number of times we didn't know about that he told her he never wanted to see her again yet was exchanging texts with her 2 hours later as if nothing had happened.

I also thought it very possible that he'd have felt bad enough after May 26 for her to be able to work the guilt angle on the 4th.

But looking at the timeline from May 18 through June 4 ....I just don't think so. He had already drawn the line with her by the 22, was focused on getting Lisa back, and May 26 cemented both those positions. Travis did NOT get try to get back in touch with the killer after the 26. She tried, the very few times he responded by text were short and curt, she tried from the road to reach him by phone iirc 15 times, he ignored almost all of those calls.

If his ex-roommate is to be believed, Travis was disconcerted enough by her that he spent hours the night before she arrived doing a "protection" ritual.

Just don't see that she was able to manipulate him into sex that day....which would have helped fuel her fury.

Thanks for posting a link directly to the sandwich eating portion. It really is ...weird, in a way I can't quite express. Rickshaw's right that it is animalistic, as in feral. Ignoring the sandwich, pretending indifference, sniffing for danger, then attacking it, ripping off pieces of it with her giant hands or with her teeth, smacking loudly, going back to ignoring it until she attacks it again.

I've never seen anyone eat like that...

The other weird thing is that she tap/shakes the bread before sticking it in her mouth. IIRC, she does it with her crooked finger. This gesture looks like it comes from some other habit than shaking sandwich bread, because......Who does that?

A smoker tapping ash off a cigarette?

She wasn't marriage material just because of her eating habits! I mean, really, who wants to be around someone who eats like a predator? Who plays with their food like that and makes all those gross noises? Interesting that the Hugheses don't seem to have said anything, or Abe, or PP about it? And she goes on and with that dreadful lip smacking: 2 videos later, and she's still "eating".

Geevee et al-

I don't understand how the sex pics were found on T's camera, but I no longer believe they had sex of any kind that day.

I think he cut her off altogether on May 26, that he had come to truly despise her, and that he finally realized she was what he accused her of being- evil and a sociopath.

There's just no way he would have agreed to have sex with her again, much less to allow her to take pics, even on his camera.

From all the glee she clearly feels about the shower pics, I'm even more positive he never gave her permission to take pics even in the shower, much less in the bedroom.

( Hearing her talk about the shower pics with Flores creeped me out the first time I saw that part of the interview, a long time ago.

She says of that last haunting photo of Travis alive--" yah, I really like that one a lot. Travis didn't. I don't know why..."

Creepy hair raising creepy.

I especially don't think they had sex on the murder day, since from the texts, Travis evidently had other irons in the fire. He had been juggling many other options, and was enjoying flirting and close proximity with many women. I would guess that he actually had his head together enough to overrule his privates and be able to push Jodi away sexually, simply because he had some way better stuff going soon, if not right away. Jodi had become completely irrelevant.

Does anyone think Jodi might have followed through on her murder plan that day because Travis wouldn't have sex with her? He made her leave and then she came right back with the weapons when he was in the shower?

I especially don't think they had sex on the murder day, since from the texts, Travis evidently had other irons in the fire. He had been juggling many other options, and was enjoying flirting and close proximity with many women. I would guess that he actually had his head together enough to overrule his privates and be able to push Jodi away sexually, simply because he had some way better stuff going soon, if not right away. Jodi had become completely irrelevant.

Does anyone think Jodi might have followed through on her murder plan that day because Travis wouldn't have sex with her? He made her leave and then she came right back with the weapons when he was in the shower?

IMO she went there 100% prepared and eager to kill him and nothing that he did or didn't do or could have done would have changed her mind.

Purple Plum related.

Day 43, part 5, I think around minute 4. JM is crossing LaVi and shredding her. He's on the topic of manipulation. LaVi can't keep up, is worn down at this point, and not on guard.

She says.....I don't know what you mean, when,,which, what are you referring to about being manipulative with men after the killing. Do you mean the restaurant? And names a couple other possibilities.

JM says the words "the Purple Plum." Camera is on the killer, and captures one of the very few times she shows any emotion at all. She all but freezes, but clearly mouths- oh my God.

JM goes another step down the Purple Plum path and the killer is even more freaked. Another and more pronounced OMG.

Wilmott jumps up.....objection objection objection and for the most part the DT manages to shut down the PP show.

I'm thinking there really is a lot more there than we've heard, though I don't believe it involves underaged boys as rumored. BTW, the camping trip she supposedly bought the gun for was to include 2 Purple Plum dishwashers, presumably then one of them being Edgar.

Active link HERE16~123.GIF

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 16m16 minutes ago
WATCH | Kirk Nurmi shares details from his controversial new book, including #JodiArias' behavior with male... http://fb.me/6QbcYzveA

Finally know the date Regan Housley and Travis IM'd about the killer being a stalker, slashed tires, was probably listening in, mocked her.

That IM was on May 19, and it was the one in which Travis told Regan he was very afraid of the killer.

BTW. Direct quotes from the IM itself were inadmissable in the guilt phase, but were allowed in during PP2. Having seen those quotes (and T's texts in general), it's even more obvious how much LaVa distorted during her testimony.

For example, JM asked her if Travis and Regan believed the killer was listening in on them, and in fact had directed comments to the killer.

She conceded that T thought so, but not that Regan did. After getting whacked around some more by JM she finally said- well "Travis instructed Regan what to say and Regan complied. "

Remember what was actually said?

T tells R that the killer is probably listening in then says- " say hello jodi."

R says- hello jodi.

Right. Travis was mocking the killer directly, not asking R to say anything much less instructing her, and R didn't "comply, " she jumped right in to mock the killer.

SLIMY, LaVa.

This kind of thing is why I've opined since the get go that ALV wasn't testifying in good faith. All the excuses in the world can be made for her—the DT didn't give her all the texts, she only has an MA and therefore is not versed in supporting arguments with evidence (righty ho! like that's not required even in grade school?), she has a strong and outdated feminist bias, yadda yadda yadda—but she overtly and willfully misinterpreted what was in front of her.

She plays fast and loose with facts (viz. her resume) and then wants to make it look like anyone who questions her is some kind of bully. When the sky is blue and you mention how nice and blue the sky is and doesn't she agree, her brand of answer is, "It's yellow; how dare you say it's blue."

What I'm trying to say is that there's something really off about ALV that has nothing to do with any good faith opinion and the problem is far beyond something vague like "bias". I am proposing that she is not merely an unscientific evaluator or merely misguided or merely wrong or merely neurotic but that she has a personality disorder and because she does, she identifies with Jodi. The latter fact is the reason she apologized to Jodi.

She gets so mixed up about boundaries, in so many respects, and she seems so oblivious that she violates boundaries, that I believe she must have some serious psychopathology going on. A normal person with the number of years in the biz that she has would be way more self-aware on this topic.

It took me a long while to grasp the 'foot' picture...big foot...tiny foot...camera upside down. But during the interrogation, upon shown the foot picture, JA 'got' and understood the picture immediately and said something like 'That is not my foot, and this is his bathroom!'.

Later in the interrogation, she makes another weird comment to Flores something similar to 'You know the picture that he looks straight at you, I don't know why he didn't like it, I thought it was a great picture'.

When she made those creepy statements, I thought she may have studied and analyzed those pictures carefully prior to her arrest. I wonder if she had downloaded those pictures into her laptop on June 4th, revered and celebrated what she had done over and over again in her juvenile bedroom at grandma's house while viewing those pictures in her laptop.

I also think the time on Travis's camera was set incorrectly. She had a lot more time to do other devious stuff on june 4th, before roommate came home.

She was probably checking to make sure it wasn't laced with something that would make you tell the truth. Also, she picked the napkin out of the trash to make sure they didn't have her DNA?

She might have overthought the thing with the DNA, since she had to leave every single thing pertaining to the lunch in that room and, besides, she was under their control although she doesn't seem to have figured that out yet even though her feet were in shackles during that 2nd day of interrogation.

Purple Plum related.

Day 43, part 5, I think around minute 4. JM is crossing LaVi and shredding her. He's on the topic of manipulation. LaVi can't keep up, is worn down at this point, and not on guard.

She says.....I don't know what you mean, when,,which, what are you referring to about being manipulative with men after the killing. Do you mean the restaurant? And names a couple other possibilities.

JM says the words "the Purple Plum." Camera is on the killer, and captures one of the very few times she shows any emotion at all. She all but freezes, but clearly mouths- oh my God.

JM goes another step down the Purple Plum path and the killer is even more freaked. Another and more pronounced OMG.

Wilmott jumps up.....objection objection objection and for the most part the DT manages to shut down the PP show.

I'm thinking there really is a lot more there than we've heard, though I don't believe it involves underaged boys as rumored. BTW, the camping trip she supposedly bought the gun for was to include 2 Purple Plum dishwashers, presumably then one of them being Edgar.

For some reason, I can't find that video #. Wow, though, I could get trapped all over into watching this cross all over again. ALV is so sullen.

I found that video. The rage in that woman.

What was the thing about Edgar?

Remind me, what was the day that ALV had her anxiety attack?

Who could ever forget the silly frog story? Ribbitt...Ribbitt:frog:

LaViolette: There is an analogy that if you throw a frog in a pot of boiling water, the frog is gonna' boil, but it is gonna' jump out. But if you put a frog in a pot of water and slowly turn up the flame, the frog gets boiled because its gradual and it doesn't know what's happening.

Wilmott: Oh, okay. So can I guess to abusive relationships, when they're gradual like this, the person doesn't necessarily have that reckoning, that it is happening to them? Is that what you mean?

LaViolette: Yes, that is what I mean.

One of the most hilarious parts of ALV's testimony, IMO, is that she called herself "old-fashioned." I anticipated that she meant she didn't want to question JA about various bluash-able sex acts and practices. But NO. She was too "old fashioned" to ask about who brought the KY? Bwahaha! She's too "old fashioned" to be familiar with KY or want to talk about it? It's not like KY is a modern novelty! In fact, KY is quite "old-fashioned"! [She's never seen it in a doctor's office?] It's so G-rated, they sell it at Walmart. It's so old-fashioned, I don't think they generally sell it in sex-toy shops, which represent the latest and greatest in adult play.

Ironically, too, the whole KY thing demonstrates that Jodi is quite out of touch when it comes to modern pleasures. She seems to assume she's oh so cutting edge! Quite the contrary, Jodi's quite "old-fashioned" in this regard! I think this is hilarious too.

Who could ever forget the silly frog story? Ribbitt...Ribbitt:frog:

LaViolette: There is an analogy that if you throw a frog in a pot of boiling water, the frog is gonna' boil, but it is gonna' jump out. But if you put a frog in a pot of water and slowly turn up the flame, the frog gets boiled because its gradual and it doesn't know what's happening.

Wilmott: Oh, okay. So can I guess to abusive relationships, when they're gradual like this, the person doesn't necessarily have that reckoning, that it is happening to them? Is that what you mean?

LaViolette: Yes, that is what I mean.
I must agree with LaViolette 100%. Yes, Alyce, That is what exactly happened to Travis.

For some reason, I can't find that video #. Wow, though, I could get trapped all over into watching this cross all over again. ALV is so sullen.

I found that video. The rage in that woman.

What was the thing about Edgar?

Remind me, what was the day that ALV had her anxiety attack?

BBM

Here is about Edgar:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer:--
"DeMarte reads another remark from Purple Plum friends about #jodiarias being all over the young men."

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial:--
"Co-worker says #JodiArias was all over men and was heavily distracted by men. Jurors take notes."

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ:--
" Nicole- JA was all over the young men & couldn't stay focused. She was very inappropriate w/ men, she would sit and kiss Edgar. #jodiarias"

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ:--
"She was very inappropriate with Edgar according to Nicole #jodiarias‪#‎3tvarias‬"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia