Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My memory is not as good as it used to be, but IIRC, that was right after her sentencing by JSS. I'll see if I can find something.

ETA: The sentencing date was April 13, 2015. Here is a video, and Jodi starts talking at about the 56:00 mark. I am so tired I can't watch her right now, but I think it was during this little speech she gave the judge.
[video=youtube;wWXdKIwkJ7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWXdKIwkJ7Q[/video]

Sent from Wonderland

I think you found it....I cannot put volume on as everyone is sleeping and it is 1 am....but I remember that exact look as she looked at TA's family..smirk not. Will watch it tomorrow.

PS...hubby thought asking for JM book for Valentines Day present was a hoot!

My memory is not as good as it used to be, but IIRC, that was right after her sentencing by JSS. I'll see if I can find something.

ETA: The sentencing date was April 13, 2015. Here is a video, and Jodi starts talking at about the 56:00 mark. I am so tired I can't watch her right now, but I think it was during this little speech she gave the judge.

Bleeeech! 2 minutes into that, and I can't even listen to the rest. Where were the 57 cousins she grew up with, anyway? ? The 19 aunts? The 146 potential great-nephews? Certainly not speaking up for cousin Jodi on the witness stand. The hideousness of this woman.....

My favorite feature of this tape is watching JSS' face. It's that "are you kidding me, WTF?" look. She keeps trying to keep her contempt under control and stay collected. Look at her lip curl and then see her haul back her face to the position where she thinks it should be. She's focusing very hard on maintaining the poker-face because she's extremely angry, but it keeps not quite working.

I can't believe the poor Alexanders had to be in the presence of this in all those chambers conferences, listening to her spite and manipulations.

I actually don't think JSS is given nearly enough credit for what she had to handle. It's very possible she gave the defense leeway so many times and made no mistakes that would be appealable, precisely because that was the best way to insure that Jodi would never ever see the light of day starting now. JSS's sentencing statement with the stick-it-to-her sentence that Jodi is not to be released at any time for any reason for the rest of her life....."Get it, Jodi? BAM!" JSS seems to be saying.

I think we could take a cue from the high quality of JSS's opinions and writings that there was a lot more going on in her head—and a lot more talent—than she's given credit for.

Could we maybe as a group decide not to reproduce Jodi's image in "Reply with Quote" unless we're making a new point or the original point is back a few pages? I feel kinda vomit-ready when I see the video above..... I suddenly noticed I was part of the reason sheer evil got plastered all over our dear forum.

Could we maybe as a group decide not to reproduce Jodi's image in "Reply with Quote" unless we're making a new point or the original point is back a few pages? I feel kinda vomit-ready when I see the video above..... I suddenly noticed I was part of the reason sheer evil got plastered all over our dear forum.
So sorry Rickshaw. I thought I was only posting the link. 😯

Sent from Wonderland

Said THAT one a few times to myself. Then again, I always swivel my face away from her's upon immediate viewing.. - involuntary.

So sorry Rickshaw. I thought I was only posting the link. 😯

Sent from Wonderland

Oh, gosh, I didn't mean to find fault with anyone! All of a sudden I realized we could do something to minimize being disturbed by 's visage when reading posts. I realized that potential when the quote I responded to automatically copied the whole video with that ghastly portrait. By then, there were 3 repeats of that vicious striped thing. I went back and edited out the video to put us out of our misery.

Once I realized I could do that, I thought maybe we could all give it a try.

I am open to the idea that I'm suggesting something off-the-wall; just wanted to know what y'all thought.

PS I welcomed the first presentation of the video because it answered a question I had. It also let me appreciate JSS' valiant effort to conceal her anger and contempt. She's working so hard to keep her nostrils from flaring. I often wondered what JSS was really thinking, and she's such a poker-face, it's hard to tell. But every once in a while, it sneaks out.

I have a loaner computer: it's goofy.

On a completely separate topic, judges must sometimes be severely impacted by the evil they see in their courtrooms. I have mentioned before that KN might have made himself a hero if he had addressed the general topic of defense attorneys having serious mental health issues as a result of working with psychopaths. I doubt it's discussed very much. This topic would have been way more productive than a 3-volume manifesto on Jodi-evil, and he could have made a real contribution because of his personal experience.

But maybe there's also room to wonder if judges are vulnerable as well. They have to counteract even the appearance that they might be partial. And they have to do this for extended periods of time. Can you imagine how many times JSS has to have gone over those autopsy photos in her chambers and inside the courtroom? And control a personal reaction? This kind of thing must take a terrible toll on those we ask to impose justice. There is a lot to respect here, and a lot to be concerned about.

Now that I've just stated that I'm vomit-ready when I see that video.... Is Jodi shackled? Leg chains and all?

Later. Jodi is not handcuffed but is shackled. I get a certain glee out of this stuff. Man, she can really move in those leg irons. I guess she's had a lot of practice.

Similar topic. In Whittemore's book(s) she describes what the process was to secure Jodi before she testified. She's a very compelling read.

Now that I've just stated that I'm vomit-ready when I see that video.... Is Jodi shackled? Leg chains and all?

Similar topic. In Whittemore's book(s) she describes what the process was to secure Jodi before she testified. She's a very compelling read.

Rickshawfan, can you provide additional information from Whittemore on the security processes needed to secure JA? This is one series of books that I have not invested in so don't know what it would take for this to happen. Sounds very interesting.

[video=youtube;wWXdKIwkJ7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWXdKIwkJ7Q[/video]

Sent from Wonderland

Holy Moley! I have not gotten around to watching the entire retrial yet, but I had to peek at this.
When that baby starts crying and she turns her head to shoot daggers....THAT right there is the REAL Arias.
Thanks be she is locked away...

Rickshawfan, can you provide additional information from Whittemore on the security processes needed to secure JA? This is one series of books that I have not invested in so don't know what it would take for this to happen. Sounds very interesting.

I read excerpts on Amazon "Look Inside." I don't own it. Start with the first one.

Warning:

You might want to take a dose of anti barf medicine before reading this. He is such a waffler.

Jodi Arias' lawyer slams trials turning into 'reality TV'

L. Kirk Nurmi

http://m.nydailynews.com/life-style...s-trials-turning-reality-tv-article-1.2521673

He's trying the find something—anything—that will put him back in the news ahead of JM's book. Volume 1 of his book evidently just made JM's fans rush out to pre-order at Amazon instead of waiting for publication. Backfire, Nurms!

Besides, how could he ever have got through law school with such scant critical thinking skills? During the trial, his team was out there with all the SM technology: they were using it right at the DT. They loved the limelight: wanted more, more, more. Plus, he's depend on SM chatter to sell his own book, which reveals prejudicial and confidential information that went between himself and his client. All the while complaining the courtroom is now "reality TV"? How does that work?

Warning:

You might want to take a dose of anti barf medicine before reading this. He is such a waffler.

Jodi Arias' lawyer slams trials turning into 'reality TV'

L. Kirk Nurmi

http://m.nydailynews.com/life-style...s-trials-turning-reality-tv-article-1.2521673

LKirk's trying to find something—anything—that will put him back in the news ahead of JM's book. Volume 1 of his book evidently just made JM's fans rush out to pre-order at Amazon instead of waiting for publication. Backfire, Nurms!

Besides, how could he ever have got through law school with such scant critical thinking skills? During the trial, his team was out there with all the SM technology: they were using it right at the DT. They loved the limelight: wanted more, more, more. Plus, he's depending on SM chatter to sell his own book, which reveals prejudicial and confidential information that went between himself and his client. The sort of information that he says made it impossible for Arias to have a fair trial. All the while complaining the courtroom is now "reality TV"? How does that work?

LKirk's starting to sound unbalanced. I guess withholding all that confidential and prejudicial information for so long and getting intimidated by JM's popularity for so many years are doing a number on him. He's sorta outta touch. I hope he has good people around in his life to help him.

I just discovered from the trial testimony of CMJA that Travis had a smartphone in 2007 when she snatched his phone and hid in the bathroom to read his texts. She said she had trouble at first because he had a smart phone and she wasn't familiar with it. If he had a smart phone in 2007 he definitely could have recorded a phone conversation. She lied about it when she said he couldn't so he asked her to do it.

I googled and found out smart phones were definitely out in 2007 and many business people had them. The I Phone from Apple came out in 2007. I can see Travis obtaining this new tech device for his growing business. He loved to be in the know on how to expand his business. He would have heard of them at many of his conventions and PPL events. You know the top earners had them. Chris Hughes had a very expensive automobile so you know he had one. I can't understand how I missed that when she testified. But reading Whittlemore's books brought it to my attention.

I think that is why CMJA wanted to get the Helio phone. She was falling behind in technology and wanted to upgrade but couldn't afford one so in comes her sex customer Gus.

He's trying the find something—anything—that will put him back in the news ahead of JM's book. Volume 1 of his book evidently just made JM's fans rush out to pre-order at Amazon instead of waiting for publication. Backfire, Nurms!

Besides, how could he ever have got through law school with such scant critical thinking skills? During the trial, his team was out there with all the SM technology: they were using it right at the DT. They loved the limelight: wanted more, more, more. Plus, he's depend on SM chatter to sell his own book, which reveals prejudicial and confidential information that went between himself and his client. All the while complaining the courtroom is now "reality TV"? How does that work?
Perhaps if he stopped using the jodiarias hashtag whenever he tweets, he wouldn't have anything to complain about. However, that means less attention for him, so he's not going to stop doing that. :moo:

LOL @ pic

A computer tech friend of mine said warranty ended when cider flowed :( but also said he'd walk you through replacing the keyboard, that you can find an inexpensive one on eBay.

ETA: Quoting posts is a little weird today.

Thank you, Geevee! Sorry for slow response and will be slower still.

Ironically, I climbed on out of the rabbit hole and promptly fell down a real one, outside, taking pics of a gorgeous sunset.

To the ER where they IV'd morphine and whatever else after that, and for the past 2 days nonstop oxycodin and Valium and steroids. The pain has been fierce---twisted back and right leg and having wicked muscle spasms.

So dozing and healing and looking forward to JM's book and.not here for much or for long.

Hugs for the help offer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member