Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK- in re-thinking his military background (mentioned somewhere) I know that the military has Practical Nursing programs. So I searched for an LPN license and got a hit for a "Chad Trolon Isaak" in ND. Issued 1999, expired 2001. Long before he became a chiropractor.

So he apparently was a nurse, but not for very long because this (Chiropractor who served in the Navy faces charges in North Dakota quadruple homicide ) says he was a lab tech in the Navy as late as 1995. And he left the Navy as a corpsman in 1997.

Last edited:
OK- in re-thinking his military background (mentioned somewhere) I know that the military has Practical Nursing programs. So I searched for an LPN license and got a hit for a "Chad Trolon Isaak" in ND. Issued 1999, expired 2001. Long before he became a chiropractor.

So he apparently was a nurse, but not for very long because this (Chiropractor who served in the Navy faces charges in North Dakota quadruple homicide ) says he was a lab tech in the Navy as late as 1995. And he left the Navy as a corpsman in 1997.

I wonder why you would let a license like that go after having it only two years? I know retired nurses who in all likelihood will never practice again and yet they keep up their current licensure.

I have an idea but now I can't type my thought. You can stab or shoot someone while standing but it would be difficult to get leverage to slice a throat while standing IMO.

ETA I would like to think one of the victims knocked him off his feet though.

Yeah, I thought (hoped) maybe one of the victims tripped him or took a 2x4 (or a multi-tool) to his legs.

I also noticed the affidavit said he "walked" to the McDonald's. Seems like (especially in light of his getup) he'd be in a bit more of a rush than that. Perhaps his injuries kept him from running or at least trotting. I assume he didn't want to draw attention to himself, but then again he was wearing a ski mask and carrying a bundle inside his jacket...

Hm, interesting then. I could swear I read that only the empty pouch of the multitool was found. I'll have to go read it again. Thanks for pointing that out.

It does say holster and I assumed it meant the holster with the tool. I guess though that could be taken either way.

Snipped.

He went in wearing colorful clothes and colorful "head gear." What head gear? Bike helmet? Motorcycle helmet? He was wearing a ski mask later, but most people wouldn't call a ski mask "head gear."

I'm guessing a helmet and I'm guessing he wore it to avoid being identified on the cameras. (Like SWAT perp, for those who followed Missy Bever's case.)

jmo

Why do I think he was inspired by the Missy Bevers case?

Yeah, I thought (hoped) maybe one of the victims tripped him or took a 2x4 (or a multi-tool) to his legs.

I also noticed the affidavit said he "walked" to the McDonald's. Seems like (especially in light of his getup) he'd be in a bit more of a rush than that. Perhaps his injuries kept him from running or at least trotting. I assume he didn't want to draw attention to himself, but then again he was wearing a ski mask and carrying a bundle inside his jacket...

I think he was trying to not attract attention. In his mind, he brought the change of clothes, took off in the RJR truck, picked up all of the casings. He was also walking with his original clothing, a knife, and a gun. He had to have known that he had limited getaway time because the employees would be showing up. Running with a stuffed jacket and ski mask would make him stand out--- especially with his mask on. Police would probably be using this main road to get to the property. Thank goodness for the McDonald's employee.

Snipped.

He went in wearing colorful clothes and colorful "head gear." What head gear? Bike helmet? Motorcycle helmet? He was wearing a ski mask later, but most people wouldn't call a ski mask "head gear."

I'm guessing a helmet and I'm guessing he wore it to avoid being identified on the cameras. (Like SWAT perp, for those who followed Missy Bever's case.)

jmo
Somewhere I read that the ski mask was reversible (maybe?) orange on one side and camo on the other. He just put it inside out.

Somewhere I read that the ski mask was reversible (maybe?) orange on one side and camo on the other. He just put it inside out.
Sorry to reply to myself.

The Afidavit states that an orange reversible ski mask was found at his residence (#40 in the doc).

"An orange reversible face mask that was camouflage on then reverse side was also located."

Do we know if the murderer had wounds to his hands? If so, RF may have cut him with the tool. The murderer may have taken the tool to "ensure" that his blood was not at the scene. We don't have an evidence collection list for either location yet.

ETA: from Heavy.com quote the press conference after the arrest led by Ziegler. "He also said he could not say if a weapon or weapons were recovered at the scene or after Isaak’s arrest."

Last edited:
None of this makes any sense to me. It was totally such senseless acts destroying four victims, and their families.

I think ZE mentioned earlier that the murderer may turnout to be an injustice collector. I think he is one. Imo

Injustice collectors never blame themselves for any situation they find themselves in, yet they are often the one to blame themselves, and have really made their own bed, but refuse to take any blame for anything.

Instead they immaturely hold abnormal grudges against others, while seeing themselves always blameless.

Whatever his motive may have been it will be just as bizarre as the murders he planned out, and committed in cold blood.

Inside, he has to possess a deep evil decayed soul to even be capable of doing something this heinous.

Whoever he projected himself to be to others, was not truly who he was deep inside.

He kept his own dark secrets hidden stewing in his own negative juices. Imo

My heart breaks for all 4 victims, and their families, who will never be the same ever again because of this evil man.

Jmo

Number 42 of the CI Probable Cause Affidavit mentions a Ruger revolver style handgun box being found empty, with a receipt dated the day prior, which would be April 3, as search warrants were served on April 4. It does not say the day prior to the murders.

OT: Measurements taken from fixed objects on the surveillance video from the crime scene placed CI as between 5'11" and 6'2". His actual height is 6'1", so LE got that right.

Made me think about swatperp in the Missy Bevers' case and how tall different posters thought swatperp was compared to LE measurements.

I may have to go review that conversation in Missy's thread. Horrific that her murder is still unsolved.

Back to this horrific case.

These criminals think they are so smart and won't get caught.
He planned entry, exit to premises, cleaning his clothing, equipment, and left all at his home.
Thank goodness he was spotted at McDonalds.

He thought he got away with the murders, and after his clean up, no one will be the wiser.
We can already list loads of stupid errors, and probably, we will hear more.
MOO.

Yeah but, unfortunately, his mission was accomplished.

Number 42 of the CI Probable Cause Affidavit mentions a Ruger revolver style handgun box being found empty, with a receipt dated the day prior, which would be April 3, as search warrants were served on April 4. It does not say the day prior to the murders.
Odd. I'd think that is most likely a situation of poor writing, with the receipt being [probably, IMO] dated 3/31, ie the day before the murders.

If CI actually bought a gun on 4/3, that is interesting in terms of what else he might have planned, but not really relevant to the 4/1 killings.

Odd. I'd think that is most likely a situation of poor writing, with the receipt being [probably, IMO] dated 3/31, ie the day before the murders.

If CI actually bought a gun on 4/3, that is interesting in terms of what else he might have planned, but not really relevant to the 4/1 killings.

How do we know he did? Maybe he did it in case if he had the police at his door, he could show them the wrong gun? It's possible, I suppose.

I think it's possible that taking the RJR truck was not in his plan. I mean I know he did a lot of stupid things but taking the truck IMO was beyond stupid.

I think him leaving the building in a RJR truck and then abandoning it about a half mile away was an attempt to fool the cameras. Driver in dark clothing and in a company truck might be thought to be an employee by passerby or employees coming into work at RJR. I feel like he planned it this way to buy time, to have multi-step opportunities for LEO to lose his trail. Parking at McDonalds was foolish. Assuming that the facility and lot wouldn't have cameras is also foolish. He covered himself with two sets of clothes which allowed him to think he could buy time and not be seen in public in bloody clothes. So many businesses have cameras these days that it is hard to make major movements without being picked up by a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member