Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying there are chiropractors who are allowed to practice on animals or that there are veterinarians who practice chiropractics on animals? I think it actually may be beneficial to animals as long as a vet is the one doing it and he has been trained to do chiropractic treatments.
WOW on your friend who has the grandson who was taken for a chiro treatment when he was less than a week old!! Scary, if you ask me.

Chiropractic care is very popular in the equestrian field.

I don't know how I feel about chiropractic care on babies, although lots do it. Apparently, babies' spines can get out of whack during a delivery. This morning I saw a very pregnant woman at the chiropractor. I kinda wanted to stick around to watch her adjustment!

Maybe they are ruling out that it was carried in by CI?

Never thought of that and that would make sense. I guess it could have to do with something like that or to rule out that one of the four killed the others and then himself, etc. Did the perp maybe get it away from him and use it in addition to what he brought for weapons? I guess it could have been any of these things.

It is just odd to me that they put it in there but related it to nothing. It just stands out like a sore thumb all by itself so to speak. It is also I believe the only employee remark from any interview referred to.

Could it be something like he left it at work always and had not put it on yet, showing maybe he was not out in the shop area yet? Even then, it still does not relate that in any way.

Oh well, just something that bothers me a bit. That is typical in every case :)

If owner was the first person to be confronted, possible CI didn't want to make any noise. So no gun. This leads to me to question, yet again, motive. Was he there to intentionally kill? To kill those 4 people? Or did he kill them because they were there, and in the way of what he intended. Big difference. IMO
Or the owner got there last, and CI only brought 9 rounds and had already spent them. Then knife would be his only weapon available.

For those not on FB and/or with older eyes (both describe me :cool: ), I put together a pdf of the Probable Cause Affidavit and have attached it.

The affidavit is definitely very enlightening on the details. I'm not much of a gun person, but all of the current Ruger .38 revolvers are 5 shot models per their website. I'm guessing Y'allmart would only be selling current release firearms. If so, that means CI reloaded at least once, and should have had a shot left, assuming he fully reloaded.
Thank you for making the PDF! For once I could actually open the doc online, but there have been plenty of times I couldn’t. I’m sure you made a bunch of folks here happy.

In the presser, Police Chief Ziegler said the victims had been shot and/or stabbed.

The police affidavit portrays a grisly crime scene in which the Cobbs and Fuehrer were shot and stabbed several times.

Fakler had multiple lacerations and stab wounds.

Lois Cobb's death was attributed to a cut on her neck.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/crime/2019/04/05/chiropractor-accused-killing-4-north-dakota-business-chad-isaak-mandan/3375070002/

I haven't seen one article yet that says Fakler had been shot.
Lois Cobb was the only victim who had her throat cut.

Why was the only woman singled out for special treatment, or was it convenient to cut her throat to stop her screaming? Cutting someone's throat is pretty egregious.

Why was the co-owner the only victim who wasn’t shot, if that is the case?

If CI hated RJR so much, I would have thought the co-owner would have been the main target, and yet he lingered long enough for someone to ring 911 call for medical help.
I wonder if CI was holding the knife to LC throat in order to control her and her husband.

I do not understand the reference to William Cobb religiously carrying a Gerber type of multi-tool in a holster on his belt and that it was found at RJR. It in no way explains the reason for putting this in the complaint and seems a bit odd...
I think that it identifies a possible weapon that was on the scene. Maybe one of the victims had it out of the holster and it was found near a body. The identification is probably to rule out that one of the victims harmed other victims using that tool. JF could have had the tool out and was defending himself with it. If I recall correctly, JF was the last one to come into the building. If he found another victim in the maintenance area upon arriving, he may have had the tool out for defense as he was moving around the scene to ascertain what happened--rather than running out of the building.

Last edited:
So I am going to offer a perspective on Chiropractic that may (or may not) be relevant to this discussion. It is MY perspective only.

I am the director (dean) of a prelicensure nursing program. Meaning persons who are not nurses seeking to become nurses. We have an unusually high number of chiros as students. They are ALL planning to NEVER practice as RNs but rather to immediately pursue nurse practitioner programs. The reason is that insurance has eliminated/ severely restricted payment for chiropractic care. To maintain a customer base, they have to spend a LOT of time and money marketing and finding customers willing to pay vcash out-of-pocket. Chiro as a career is not the income stream that it was back in the days of liberal insurance reimbursement. As an NP, many of them could then practice as chiros but bill insurance as NPs.

Additionally, Canada is clamping down on the more 'out there' claims of Chiropractic care. Prosecuting those claiming 'autism cures' and practicing outside their scope of practice (including newborn 'alignments'- which makes me want to vomit). Lots of medical media around this in Canada. ND is just about as close as you can get to Canada.

I have searched and searched for a nursing license for Isaaks without success. He doesn't show up in the national database as even having an expired license in ND. (My expired IL license shows up and I have not lived in IL for over three decades.) I notice the part about him being a nurse has faded from MSM reports - so I wonder if he actually WAS a nurse.

NONE of this info is meant in any way to explain away the heinousness of this crime. Rather, I am trying to offer some perspective as to why 'chiropractor' does not equal 'successful professional'.

I think that it identifies a possible weapon that was on the scene. Maybe one of the victims had it out of the holster and it was found near a body. The identification is probably to rule out that one of the victims harmed other victims using that tool. JF could have had the tool out and was defending himself with it. If I recall correctly, JF was the last one to come into the building. If he found another victim in the maintenance area upon arriving, he may have had the tool out for defense as he was moving around the scene to ascertain what happened--rather than running out of the building.

This is as viable as any scenario. Do we know who was the last to come into the building? That I must have missed. Or forgotten with the number of things I try to remember :)

Here is the complaint

inewz.TV

My goodness. Instead of just throwing the gun away he seems like he took it apart and was trying to clean it with chlorine bleach. Had a tupperware bowl with parts like he may have been soaking parts of the gun in chlorine bleach.

Good grief. Going to all that trouble instead of just tossing the gun away somewhere.

It is surprising to hear it was a revolver type. That would indicate he likely had to reload.
Although #42 in affidativ says there were numerous firearms found.

After I watched this video (very informative), if you click on "more" at the bottom, it states CI was being evicted (He was being evicted from an RJR managed trailer park in Washburn.). I don't recall reading/hearing that anywhere else?

BBM
About - Local News | North dakota news -InewZ.TV LLC

The audio does NOT report anything about eviction.

This privately owned "news" website page lists the above youtube with the headline "Mandan Murder Suspect was being evicted from RJR Managed trailer park in Washburn."

I'm viewing this as "clickbait" as no other MSM reporting this.

MSM upthread includes statements from prior park owner that CI was model tenant -- paid rent on time, etc.

Park ownership change reported Aug/Sept 2018, and new owner stated "CI came with the place." CI obviously had a lease in place when sale occurred, and new owner honored it.

Any credible reports that his lease was not being renewed? I think new owner would be first to say he did not renew CI lease and only statement he's made was that he was existing tenant at purchase.

MOO

I have searched and searched for a nursing license for Isaaks without success. He doesn't show up in the national database as even having an expired license in ND. (My expired IL license shows up and I have not lived in IL for over three decades.) I notice the part about him being a nurse has faded from MSM reports - so I wonder if he actually WAS a nurse.
I haven't read every comment, so this might have already been posted.
I didn't look for a nursing license.
I found ND chiropractic license for Chad A Isaak.
AFFIDAVIT has name Chad Trolon Isaak:
inewz.TV

Is Chad A Isaak same person as Chad Trolon Isaak?

Home - ND Board of Chiropractic Examiners
https://www.ndsbce.org/verify/index.asp
ND Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Online Verification: Results
Verification: Results
Name Location License Info Issue Date Expiration Date Status
Chad A. Isaak Washburn, ND Number: 779 Disciplined: No 07/10/2006 9/1/2019 Active

After I watched this video (very informative), if you click on "more" at the bottom, it states CI was being evicted (He was being evicted from an RJR managed trailer park in Washburn.). I don't recall reading/hearing that anywhere else?

BBM

That's interesting! He was a long resident and did not cause any problems for anyone according to the previous owner and other tenants. If he was being evicted, perhaps it was because the landlord had another plan for his home - maybe another tenant, higher rent? Maybe the suspect believed the eviction was not due to anything he did, but because the manager did not want to complete repairs or had other personal motives. Maybe the suspect's sense of right and wrong was violated and he couldn't get past it.

My goodness. Instead of just throwing the gun away he seems like he took it apart and was trying to clean it with chlorine bleach. Had a tupperware bowl with parts like he may have been soaking parts of the gun in chlorine bleach.

Good grief. Going to all that trouble instead of just tossing the gun away somewhere.

It is surprising to hear it was a revolver type. That would indicate he likely had to reload.
Although #42 in affidativ says there were numerous firearms found.
Ballistics will tell the story, but if he only used a revolver, then you’re right, he would have had to reload.

It’s a bizarre weapon to use in a crime like this, as most semi-automatic handguns have a much larger capacity.

Then again, this guy’s middle name might as well be “bizarre.”

What a weird case.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how perp received injuries to both knees (referenced in the above-linked affidavit)?
I have an idea but now I can't type my thought. You can stab or shoot someone while standing but it would be difficult to get leverage to slice a throat while standing IMO.

ETA I would like to think one of the victims knocked him off his feet though.

I have an idea but now I can't type my thought. You can stab or shoot someone while standing but it would be difficult to get leverage to slice a throat while standing IMO.

ETA I would like to think one of the victims knocked him off his feet though.
That’s what I was thinking. He shot them first, so it stands to reason that they would have been on the ground when he stabbed them.

I think it’s possible that he might have dropped to his knees quickly, especially if he was in a rush to get this done.

That’s the best I can come up with, as it does seem like these injuries were fresh, and related to this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member