Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. Some possibilities though.

Maybe more than one way to enter. One way for employees, one for customers. And did CI enter the front door or sneak in the back somewhere? On that note, if the company is not open for business to the public until 8:30am, would doors even be unlocked for anyone without a key or chip (we have chips to enter the high school where I work as doors are all locked) to get in?

Maybe if it was MK, he sat in his truck for a few minutes, finished a song or a sportscast, or was on his phone. I often do when I pull into the parking lot, don't get out instantly. And I always see people in their cars in parking lots while on the phone, texting, reading, etc. Point is there are ways to explain 4 minutes of time that they missed each other. JMO, just like the scenario post.

Since he called his mom to pick him up, it's possible he was dropped off at work and didn't drive there IMO.

4 killed in North Dakota office building; police searching for suspect

Gina Kessel, 52, of Mandan, showed up at the business Monday to pick up her son, Mitchell Kessel, an employee there. She said Mitchell "called me, said something is going on." She said he didn't tell her what.

Thanks to all for the updates and recaps today...I’m so glad that there was an arrest without any further loss of life, because sometimes these things go pear-shaped and ugly.

Kudos to the police in this case for keeping their cards close...seems to have been a savvy move in retrospect.

And, of course, hoping family, friends and Manadan community can find peace.
<3

Last edited:
Or he could have taken them off of a victim. :-(

That is what I thought at first. But, then, realizing that he had been planning this, I wondered if he knew where the keys were b/c it would be too risky to not have access to the escape plan. It is all conjecture at this point and it is hard to get into his thinking but he had the escape planned.

Thanks! A lot of detail there.

Who doesn’t store bleach soaked handgun parts in their freezer?!

He had days to get rid of the casings, the gloves, and the entire gun.

He didn’t.

Good.

So many mind boggling mistakes. I don’t know about you but the first thing I would have done is disposed of everything tying me to the crime. Some of these killers never cease to amaze me. Is it just pure narcissism?

So many mind boggling mistakes. I don’t know about you but the first thing I would have done is disposed of everything tying me to the crime. Some of these killers never cease to amaze me. Is it just pure narcissism?
It’s stunning, whatever the reasoning.

This was a reasonably intelligent man, yet the most inept killer in the world, atleast after the fact.

It’s gotta be arrogance, and the belief that law enforcement wouldn’t be able to hone in on him.

Thanks! That’s exactly what we’ve been looking for.

Finally a timeline.

Attacker arrives at 06:47, and leaves around 07:00.

Call for medical assistance came at 07:26.

Yeah, that finally answers a lot for me. Police arrives the same time as EMT/Fire even though it’s a medical call (thankfully). The gun is a revolver which explains the absence of casings at the crime scene. They have so much video on this guy this will be a pretty solid case (and most likely will end up on See No Evil).

Yeah, that finally answers a lot for me. Police arrives the same time as EMT/Fire even though it’s a medical call (thankfully). The gun is a revolver which explains the absence of casings at the crime scene. They have so much video on this guy this will be a pretty solid case (and most likely will end up on See No Evil).
Haaa! I was thinking the same thing about “See No Evil.”

That surveillance footage was huge, and that McDonald’s employee and police officer who knew him, also helped.

These criminals think they are so smart and won't get caught.
He planned entry, exit to premises, cleaning his clothing, equipment, and left all at his home.
Thank goodness he was spotted at McDonalds.

He thought he got away with the murders, and after his clean up, no one will be the wiser.
We can already list loads of stupid errors, and probably, we will hear more.
MOO.

Clearly the guy is arrogant. He stated he could treat a dog with joint problems better than a veterinarian. There's a reason that in some states it's illegal for anyone but a veterinarian to treat animals. What part of his training was focused on treating animals. Oh that's right---none of it.

Veterinary chiropractic is allowed in my state, and there are some practitioners of it in this area. It doesn't make sense to me, either.

One of my Facebook friends posted pictures of her grandson at his first chiro appointment, at which time he was less than a week old! He was NOT enjoying it, believe me! Anyway, she swore that chiropractic cured his mother's chronic ear infections, and they didn't want him to go through that himself. (I should add that her kids were both adopted, siblings aged 4 and 7.)

Just found this website. I am a lifelong resident of hazen nd and a longtime patient of dr isaak. He is a very odd duck but the best chiropractor i have ever been to. Absolutely cannot even believe this man did this horrific act.

You might want to look up the story of Joyce Klindt. Her husband was a chiropractor who killed her and dumped her in the river; IIRC, it was the first murder solved with DNA, in the early 1980s. The husband was paroled in the early 00's and died a few years later; when his father died, the husband was not listed in his obituary.

I knew a few people who had him as their chiro, and they all said he was very competent and they liked him personally. I also have a friend who used to live in their neighborhood; she didn't know them but knew people who did, and it was common knowledge that it was not a happy home. One memorable incident was when he ran out of the house and down the sidewalk, and she followed him with a rolling pin in her hand! It was funny at the time but not so much later on.

What was odd about Dr. Izaak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members