Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where was CI when Mitchell arrived 4 minutes before CI left?
Good question. Some possibilities though.

Maybe more than one way to enter. One way for employees, one for customers. And did CI enter the front door or sneak in the back somewhere? On that note, if the company is not open for business to the public until 8:30am, would doors even be unlocked for anyone without a key or chip (we have chips to enter the high school where I work as doors are all locked) to get in?

Maybe if it was MK, he sat in his truck for a few minutes, finished a song or a sportscast, or was on his phone. I often do when I pull into the parking lot, don't get out instantly. And I always see people in their cars in parking lots while on the phone, texting, reading, etc. Point is there are ways to explain 4 minutes of time that they missed each other. JMO, just like the scenario post.

“RJR began managing the mobile home park after Rolf Eggers bought the property last fall. Eggers, a Bismarck resident who spends his winters in Florida, said he never met Isaak and that Fakler never mentioned any issues with him.

The previous owner, Mike Nelson, described Isaak as "a model tenant."

"Paid his rent on time. Took care of his property," Nelson said.

Police: North Dakota suspect planned carefully, hid evidence after Mandan murders

Maybe more than one way to enter. One way for employees, one for customers. And did CI enter the front door or sneak in the back somewhere? On that note, if the company is not open for business to the public until 8:30am, would doors even be unlocked for anyone without a key or chip (we have chips to enter the high school where I work as doors are all locked) to get in?

Maybe if it was MK, he sat in his truck for a few minutes, finished a song or a sportscast, or was on his phone. I often do when I pull into the parking lot, don't get out instantly. And I always see people in their cars in parking lots while on the phone, texting, reading, etc. Point is there are ways to explain 4 minutes of time that they missed each other. JMO, just like the scenario post.

Maybe, he didn't find anything out of the ordinary until he saw the RJR truck leave? Perhaps the maintenance men were usually not there until later, or at least wouldn't be leaving so early if they were there.

Maybe, he didn't find anything out of the ordinary until he saw the RJR truck leave? Perhaps the maintenance men were usually not there until later, or at least wouldn't be leaving so early if they were there.
Quite possible. And another thought. CI would maybe not have exited the same way he entered. He seemed to be more in "stealth mode" on the way out. IMO

“RJR began managing the mobile home park after Rolf Eggers bought the property last fall. Eggers, a Bismarck resident who spends his winters in Florida, said he never met Isaak and that Fakler never mentioned any issues with him.

The previous owner, Mike Nelson, described Isaak as "a model tenant."

"Paid his rent on time. Took care of his property," Nelson said.

Police: North Dakota suspect planned carefully, hid evidence after Mandan murders
Emph. mine

Doesn't fit the image I'd had for the murderer. Not yet ,anyway.

Unless he did everything in a sneaky manner and it just hasn't led to C. Isaak "
Like a 'campaign' of angry letters, bad reviews, etc.
Was it just a 'thrill kill' ?

Ok but guys can we talk about Chris Isaak’s weird preoccupation about performing chiropractic care on animals?

Lol, nice diversion. Hope he didn’t, but if he did, according to him, he was the best. Not that there is a lot of competition. :rolleyes:.

All in all, I am so impressed with the police work here and the arrest. Night to you all.

Oh, no, it wasn’t a response directly to you- something I was thinking about with the attempts for CPR, probably for RF. IMO. Only wondering if one of the employees left alive actually saw CI.

I tend to the think the last car pulling in might have been an employee and the one to call 911. No way to know, for now, really, but hoping some others of you caught that information in the media, regarding the call and attempt at
resuscitation.

Edited for clarification.

I did not take it as directed at me. I just thought something in my comment brought the thought up and was not sure what did :)

It is a mystery who called. I also wonder since the employee arrived before CI left by 4 minutes, as I said, if it was perhaps not the last victim, the last to arrive. Or is it even possible one victim managed to call for help?

It was quite a few minutes later though, the 911 call, wasn't it? Not at 7:00 or so. Or do I have that wrong?

Emph. mine

Doesn't fit the image I'd had for the murderer. Not yet ,anyway.

Unless he did everything in a sneaky manner and it just hasn't led to Isaak "
Like a 'campaign' of angry letters, bad reviews, etc.
Was it just a 'thrill kill' ?

IDK look at Todd Kohlhepp and when he committed the superbike murders, although we know he had a previous criminal history......

eta: But he did have a beef with the people inside the building(and very few ppl other than those that were murdered even knew that he had a beef with those inside) , maybe similar to what we have in this case...MOO

Last edited:
Judge sets bond at $1 million for Mandan homicide suspect

Isaak is charged with four felony counts of murder in connection with the homicides of RJR owner Robert Fakler and employees Adam Fuehrer and William and Lois Cobb. Mandan Police Chief Jason Ziegler said Thursday night that a motive is unknown. Isaak did live in a mobile home park managed by RJR.

He is also charged with felony counts of burglary and concealment within a vehicle and a misdemeanor count of unauthorized use of a vehicle.

BBM. Curious about this charge

Morton County Assistant State's Attorney Gabrielle Goter asked for the $1 million cash bond due to the "exaggerated and brutal nature of these offenses." She also asked for an extensive no-contact order.

"In this time and place, we haven't seen anything like this," Goter told Judge Hill.

Court documents describe police and fire personnel arriving at RJR around 7:30 a.m. Monday for a medical call, where an affidavit said they found Fakler unconscious in the building's shop area with multiple lacerations and stab wounds and attempted to resuscitate him but were unsuccessful.

Emergency responders soon after located Fuehrer's body in the shop area and found the Cobbs' bodies in the building's offices, according to the affidavit. Each had sustained gunshot and stab wounds.

I did not take it as directed at me. I just thought something in my comment brought the thought up and was not sure what did :)

It is a mystery who called. I also wonder since the employee arrived before CI left by 4 minutes, as I said, if it was perhaps not the last victim, the last to arrive. Or is it even possible one victim managed to call for help?

It was quite a few minutes later though, the 911 call, wasn't it? Not at 7:00 or so. Or do I have that wrong?
911 call came in at 7:30am. See my link previously

Judge sets bond at $1 million for Mandan homicide suspect

Isaak is charged with four felony counts of murder in connection with the homicides of RJR owner Robert Fakler and employees Adam Fuehrer and William and Lois Cobb. Mandan Police Chief Jason Ziegler said Thursday night that a motive is unknown. Isaak did live in a mobile home park managed by RJR.

He is also charged with felony counts of burglary and concealment within a vehicle and a misdemeanor count of unauthorized use of a vehicle.

BBM. Curious about this charge

Morton County Assistant State's Attorney Gabrielle Goter asked for the $1 million cash bond due to the "exaggerated and brutal nature of these offenses." She also asked for an extensive no-contact order.

"In this time and place, we haven't seen anything like this," Goter told Judge Hill.

Court documents describe police and fire personnel arriving at RJR around 7:30 a.m. Monday for a medical call, where an affidavit said they found Fakler unconscious in the building's shop area with multiple lacerations and stab wounds and attempted to resuscitate him but were unsuccessful.

Emergency responders soon after located Fuehrer's body in the shop area and found the Cobbs' bodies in the building's offices, according to the affidavit. Each had sustained gunshot and stab wounds.
Ah never mind. He had a gun. Concealment within a vehicle - carrying a gun in the vehicle.

We think alike as to scenarios because I thought of him sitting in the car on phone, etc. I thought though arriving at 7, one would think for arriving at work, check in at 7. If one arrived say at 6:48 to be to work at 7, one would sit in the truck a few minutes because one was to be there at 7. That is speculation though, they may have been relaxed about a few minutes here and there. I also thought of him not having entered but then I thought he would see CI leave wouldn't he? I also thought of different doors and entry and exit. That seems like CI would have some familiarity if the case though. Again all speculation.

For some reason, unless I missed a media article, I almost felt like when the media talked about Mitchell and his mother it was to do with all of the families being worried about which employees that day as no news was being released, not even to the families. I felt it was not necessarily at 7 with Mitchell but that maybe other employees naturally started arriving at say 8 a.m., 8:30, etc. and police were there. They are likely going to talk to them and keep them there. I felt his mother maybe went to see if he was okay when the news got out. I never had the feeling that he was necessarily the one who pulled in at 7:00. In fact in the beginning, many of us thought that was perhaps the perp, now we know it was not.

Now we know the truck pulling in was not the perp and the company truck pulling out allegedly was. This made me rethink the arrival of an employee before the perp left... He did not hesitate to kill anyone else or all witnesses so if he saw whoever arrived... I tend to think it may have been the last victim, perhaps even the owner...

All just my opinion and speculation.

I'm not completely positive he planned the (violent) murder of 4 people. He took a gun and a knife, obviously, but did he go there with the intention of killing someone or to pull off something else? Did he intend to kill all 4 victims? Those 4 people? Maybe only one? Maybe B&E with intention of taking something? It was well before opening hours for business (open at 8:30) and how could he know exactly who would be there at 6:47am? Or if anyone would? My jury is still out on motive.

The rage could have been because they were in the way of what he had planned. JMO
Well one thing is clear to me, he went there with no intention of getting caught. He premeditated enough to plan a disguise at exit. At least part of his plan was to distance, distract, and delay the investigation. MOO

We think alike as to scenarios because I thought of him sitting in the car on phone, etc. I thought though arriving at 7, one would think for arriving at work, check in at 7. If one arrived say at 6:48 to be to work at 7, one would sit in the truck a few minutes because one was to be there at 7. That is speculation though, they may have been relaxed about a few minutes here and there. I also thought of him not having entered but then I thought he would see CI leave wouldn't he? I also thought of different doors and entry and exit. That seems like CI would have some familiarity if the case though. Again all speculation.

For some reason, unless I missed a media article, I almost felt like when the media talked about Mitchell and his mother it was to do with all of the families being worried about which employees that day as no news was being released, not even to the families. I felt it was not necessarily at 7 with Mitchell but that maybe other employees naturally started arriving at say 8 a.m., 8:30, etc. and police were there. They are likely going to talk to them and keep them there. I felt his mother maybe went to see if he was okay when the news got out. I never had the feeling that he was necessarily the one who pulled in at 7:00. In fact in the beginning, many of us thought that was perhaps the perp, now we know it was not.

Now we know the truck pulling in was not the perp and the company truck pulling out allegedly was. This made me rethink the arrival of an employee before the perp left... He did not hesitate to kill anyone else or all witnesses so if he saw whoever arrived... I tend to think it may have been the last victim, perhaps even the owner...

All just my opinion and speculation.

Your theory does make more sense than the one I have with an employee arriving and just missing CI leaving. Would have to be perfectly timed and spaced out.

The MK statement was hard for me to figure out, but it does make sense that employees were calling family to tell them they were ok, and his mom showed up to make sure. And he would go back behind police lines as they were most likely all being interviewed.

So back to who the heck was in the truck? Owner? - Seems he was the last one struck down by CI because he was still alive when help arrived. If he was still alive when paramedics arrived then he was still alive when 911 call made. Must have been him who called it in. JMO

911 call came in at 7:30am. See my link previously

That is what I thought, thank you. To me and I think with this subject I was also commenting to Jabarn as well, with the killer leaving at 7:04, and the 911 call coming in at 7:30, I do not think it is the person who drove in at 7:00 a.m. that made that call. A full half hour before doing so and someone still alive for CPR seems unlikely to me. jmo.

Could someone clear this part up for me? I thought in the 911 call, there was something about a heart attack?? Or were they just referring to the fact that they had to do CPR on someone? I read so many threads that maybe I am getting someone else's case mixed up here. Do we know who made the 911 call?
BBM
Could be the victim was suffering cardiac arrest from his injuries. Jmo

I'll try.
(Gee, I have 4 free articles left :p)

"...... A judge set bond for Isaak at $1 million after a hearing where Morton County Assistant State's Attorney Gabrielle Goter argued that the killings "show a level of preplanning and a level of intent to disguise his actions" that suggested that witnesses and others could be at risk if he is freed.
"It appears that RJR was targeted," said Goter, although court documents do not reveal a motive.

Isaak's attorney, Robert Quick, had requested $100,000 cash bond, citing "zero criminal history" and family in community.
Isaak, a chiropractor and Navy veteran, faces four counts of murder and other charges. The victims were RJR co-owner Robert Fakler, 52; employee Adam Fuehrer, 42; and married co-workers Lois Cobb, 45, and William Cobb, 50......"

Emph. mine

Just a weird perp.

Surely he'd be intelligent enough to know all of the security cams couldn't be evaded?

Not sure if the negative reviews were even left by him, since they referenced apartment dwellings, and not the trailer park he resided in.
Replying to the bolded...
The main thing he forgot was removing his ski mask when he returned to McDonald's. Otherwise his cover ups were quite effective imo. Not easy to tell who it was from the cams. His truck at MD led to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE