Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This had to have almost been some kind of personal vendetta against either one of the workers or the business in general imo. This was such a personal and gruesome attack......jmo. I doubt very highly this was some sort of random burglary etc...moo
Yep. I think eventually we will hear that he had some sort of deep grudge against the company or one of these individuals.

Could someone clear this part up for me? I thought in the 911 call, there was something about a heart attack?? Or were they just referring to the fact that they had to do CPR on someone? I read so many threads that maybe I am getting someone else's case mixed up here. Do we know who made the 911 call?

Possibly. I have considered that as well. Another scary thought.

Not confirmed anywhere I've seen. We do know the RJR truck was driven away by CI, and ditched at Indigo Signs (not sure how far away) and then he walked back to HIS truck at McDonalds. So the truck that pulled in was def not CI's.
SABBM

Good thought.

It could've been the one who made the 911 call ?
Since the call came in later, it may have been a while before the employee found the bodies ?
An arriving worker would be going about (what they assumed) was an ordinary day ?

I feel for the first person to come onto this horrific scene -- it's not like you can mentally prepare yourself. Imo.
Only first responders can have a good idea of what to expect from previous experience and/or training. :(
The motive is still puzzling.
There isn't much about this killer as far as a criminal record or feuds with neighbors.
He strikes me as an injustice collector.

One article states that the McDonald's employee saw a person in dark clothes and a ski mask. That visual would stick out to me.

And, on another note, the premeditation of this act--- changing an appointment from noon to 4. The back story of why he wanted to kill these people must be interesting.
BBM

You are right about that? Random man walking to his truck in the MD's parking ling wearing a ski mask and dark clothes. Would make me notice. Especially, then when the news broke about the killings.

Have not heard about appt change. CI moved one of his client's appt back? Is there a link anywhere I could read that? I'll look too, but was it something he did before he set off that morning? Or after he did it?

BBM

You are right about that? Random man walking to his truck in the MD's parking ling wearing a ski mask and dark clothes. Would make me notice. Especially, then when the news broke about the killings.

Have not heard about appt change. CI moved one of his client's appt back? Is there a link anywhere I could read that? I'll look too, but was it something he did before he set off that morning? Or after he did it?

check post #1044 for the link

thanks but that has a paywall
can you copy & paste the relevant portion?

Surveillance video shows the assailant entering RJR wearing brightly colored clothing, then leaving in dark clothing about 15 minutes later, the documents say. An employee at the McDonald's told police that she saw a man wearing a camouflage ski mask, dark pants and dark shoes get into a white Ford F-150 that morning.
[bbm]
changing what app't? is this info in one of the articles posted?
Dora Sorenson, a client of Isaak's chiropractic business, told The Associated Press that he called her the day before the killings and asked to change her appointment from noon Monday to 4 p.m. because he said he had a dental appointment.

"He didn't appear any different. He was just ... Chad," Sorenson said. "I am in total shock."

SABBM

Good thought.

It could've been the one who made the 911 call ?
Since the call came in later, it may have been a while before the employee found the bodies ?
An arriving worker would be going about (what they assumed) was an ordinary day ?

I feel for the first person to come onto this horrific scene -- it's not like you can mentally prepare yourself. Imo.
Only first responders can have a good idea of what to expect from previous experience and/or training. :(
The motive is still puzzling.
There isn't much about this killer as far as a criminal record or feuds with neighbors.
He strikes me as an injustice collector.
RBBM

Very true. This makes more sense because that truck was seen arriving at 7am and the RJR vehicle left 4 minutes later. I'd say not enough time for this person to be seen and murdered as well, especially stabbed and shot. More likely it was the first employee to arrive on the scene and the one to call 911. Maybe Mitchell Kessel, the employee who called his mom.

Link posted previously. CBS News.

BBM

Dora Sorenson, a client of Isaak's chiropractic business, told The Associated Press that he called her the day before the killings and asked to change her appointment from noon Monday to 4 p.m. because he said he had a dental appointment.

"He didn't appear any different. He was just ... Chad," Sorenson said. "I am in total shock." Police: North Dakota suspect planned carefully, hid evidence after Mandan murders

Surveillance video shows the assailant entering RJR wearing brightly colored clothing, then leaving in dark clothing about 15 minutes later, the documents say. An employee at the McDonald's told police that she saw a man wearing a camouflage ski mask, dark pants and dark shoes get into a white Ford F-150 that morning.

"He didn't appear any different. He was just ... Chad," Sorenson said. "I am in total shock."

Thank you!

Wow! That shows major premeditation IMO!

I can't imagine being that lady knowing a murderer touched her mere hours after brutally killing four people!

thanks but that has a paywall
can you copy & paste the relevant portion?

I'll try.
(Gee, I have 4 free articles left :p)

"...... A judge set bond for Isaak at $1 million after a hearing where Morton County Assistant State's Attorney Gabrielle Goter argued that the killings "show a level of preplanning and a level of intent to disguise his actions" that suggested that witnesses and others could be at risk if he is freed.
"It appears that RJR was targeted," said Goter, although court documents do not reveal a motive.

Isaak's attorney, Robert Quick, had requested $100,000 cash bond, citing "zero criminal history" and family in community.
Isaak, a chiropractor and Navy veteran, faces four counts of murder and other charges. The victims were RJR co-owner Robert Fakler, 52; employee Adam Fuehrer, 42; and married co-workers Lois Cobb, 45, and William Cobb, 50......"

Emph. mine

Just a weird perp.

Surely he'd be intelligent enough to know all of the security cams couldn't be evaded?

Not sure if the negative reviews were even left by him, since they referenced apartment dwellings, and not the trailer park he resided in.

A few things I've picked up from media and considered = imo.

I am not of the opinion that LE knew who they were after from day 1; that they knew the perp was Chad Isaak. I would consider that the vehicle description by the witness at McDonalds identified something unique to Isaak's personal vehicle and that is what was on alert with LE.
If LE had his tags, he would've been pulled over on some pretext for a vehicle search on Day 1..
That is how he was originally apprehended on Day 4 - a vehicle pulled-over as suspect. The contents/state of the vehicle would have likely then led to a warrant to search Isaak's home, which produced enough evidence to charge him.
Hiding the weapon (gun) in his freezer is not someone who is not at risk to the public. Cleaning the gun and hiding it in the freezer is someone who considers that they may need to use it again, otherwise it would have been discarded. Am sure the legal-eagles in here will support that notion.
Sure he may have thought he got away with it, however the intent of keeping the gun is enough to take any investigation beyond this being a 'one off' supposition.

All of the above is imo.

Could someone clear this part up for me? I thought in the 911 call, there was something about a heart attack?? Or were they just referring to the fact that they had to do CPR on someone? I read so many threads that maybe I am getting someone else's case mixed up here. Do we know who made the 911 call?

Certainly one of my unanswered questions as well. I am currently thinking that the wrong dispatch on the initial 911 call is just that: a mistake by the dispatch and they are probably in hot water over it. Not that Isaak's premeditation could not include a fake 911 call to throw people off. I guess once it becomes a matter of public record we will know but I'm going with human error for now.

IMO

Trying to find the local artical it was on, it looks like cobbs were killed in the front office and adam and robert were killed in the back “shop area”

This is a decent size area, theres a good chance the cobbs were already dead before adam and robert in the back knew what was happening.

Thanks for this. Makes sense of a most senseless situation.

i know CIs parents, but not him. they are good people, the type that would give you the shirt off their back. highly doubt it was strictly money issues. there is obviously more to it than that. underlying mental illness, didnt wanna ask for help...

the whole thing is very strange and my heart goes out to the victims and others who are affected by this.

He certainly brought grief to many, including his own family. I hope his parents are okay. They are not to blame for this and must be devastated. Jmo

Is there any known link to RJR besides the trailer/RV?

i know CIs parents, but not him. they are good people, the type that would give you the shirt off their back. highly doubt it was strictly money issues. there is obviously more to it than that. underlying mental illness, didnt wanna ask for help...

the whole thing is very strange and my heart goes out to the victims and others who are affected by this.

The whole occurrence is strange, how CI carried the crime out with precision, without any sort of prior history of arrests.

In some ways, his plan seems dumb, to go in with one outfit, and come out with another. On the other hand, it may also be indicative of an off kilter personality and his own ego at the center, living in a kind of fantasy. I don’t know, but hope more about the motive is answered in the days to come.

Given the nature of this crime, I don’t understand why they’d give him any cash bond even if it seems out of reach for him.

It is sure amazing how bond varies by case and state. He killed four people, I know of someone charged with killing one who has a one million dollar bond and he has a criminal history, another who killed two charged with a 5 million dollar bond. Different state though. Then I know of people who have killed released on like a $20,000.00 bond and free until trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties