Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping she is safe!!

CNN is showing damage in El Reno now live. Definitely more people's lives have been devastated.

Apparently, NWS has issued a Tornado Emergency - which is higher than a warning, basically, imminent tornado!

In OKC itself!!!

I'm a freakin' nervous wreck! Told Lyndsey to leave by car and she said it was too late! Sirens were going when I spoke to her by cell phone and she said it was a large wedge tornado.

I hope she and her boyfriend are okay! She's a good kid and hasn't been in OK a year yet. She's lives near some lake in El Reno.

:please::please::please::please::please:

Here's a report on that OKC tornado emergency. They said a weather van got tossed?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/31/us/severe-weather/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Show Me: Prayers going up. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything!

My daughter said Lyndsey is in Oklahoma City on the east side of Lake Hefner. I'm sick to my stomach! She has a multilevel house but no basement. What do you say to someone who has tornado warnings going, no time to leave by car and no basement? Gave her all the info I could but no time for a long chat! Told her to do it immediately and hang up. Told her to take her cell phone with her. :please:

Not again.... those poor people. :please:

Remember guys, phone calls are not going to go through.
You will have to TEXT to find your family members!

My daughter said Lyndsey is in Oklahoma City on the east side of Lake Hefner. I'm sick to my stomach! She has a multilevel house but no basement. What do you say to someone who has tornado warnings going, no time to leave by car and no basement? Gave her all the info I could but no time for a long chat! Told her to do it immediately and hang up. Told her to take her cell phone with her. :please:

Show Me, I think you told her just right. You even remembered to tell her to put on a helmet.

Tornado on the ground NOW in OK City! per NBC newsbreak

:please: let everyone get to safety!

This could be worse than Moore...given the population density. The storm chaser just shown on AC sounded pretty shook - and those guys get excited, but not shook.

16 miles from Moore.... they have maybe 45 minutes warning. That is PLENTY of time!

Not again.... those poor people. :please:

Remember guys, phone calls are not going to go through.
You will have to TEXT to find your family members!

Daughter texted Lyndsey. She and her boyfriend are still hiding in closet, Lyndsey said highways are shut down and many people trying to flee.

The Weather Channel vehicle that flipped was on the highway... several other vehicles were also flipped over.

I cannot BELIEVE the amount of people on the road - no excuse for that!!! I mean, those highways are lit up like Christmas trees!!! Being stuck and no place to go is NOT where you want to be during a tornado!

I cannot BELIEVE the amount of people on the road - no excuse for that!!! I mean, those highways are lit up like Christmas trees!!! Being stuck and no place to go is NOT where you want to be during a tornado!

I agree! Maybe it's best Lyndsey and her boyfriend didn't try to leave by car. I'd rather she be in an interior lower level closet than on the highway.

Lyndsey texted daughter she and boyfriend will be buying a storm shelter. They are still in the closet.

Confirmed tornado 4 miles NW of Moore :(

Law, this is like watching Sherman march through Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member