Severe Weather 2013 Spring, Summer and Fall

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I-40 and Council Road... 1-3 feet of flooding there. (By the mall.)

I am reading the scanner thread...too hard to listen to the scanner.

But sounds like there is some real damage...a bridge washed out or something? I don't know, don't want to post stuff from there here of course.

Anyone listening to local news????

If in OK city, I doubt it. Lyndsey says they have no internet or tv. She can only text. Daughter is texting her and DH and I said to stay in closet. Looks like two more possible tornadic bands heading her way.

Geemoney! Weather channel showing all the cars on highways.

Repeating that Norman and surrounding areas need to be in their safe shelter.

They just showed a live shot from a gas station type thing (I think) and there are cars piled into the parking lot every which way, people trying to take cover!

That's so scary!!!!

@NewsBreaker: DEVELOPING: @spann: “Mass casualty event” at the Holiday Inn in Earth City, MO… reported by KMOV-TV

Not sure is this is from tornado or other.

I don't understand where all this water is coming from? I mean, is that all from rain, and causing reports of 4 feet of water in some places?

How in the world does that happen in just a couple of hours?

What am I missing?

Some of it is because the area was in drought conditions for so long, and the ground is not able to absorb water. Part of it will be due to storm drains clogging up. And as they are mentioning now, the water pushes along debris which in effect serves as a dam, giving the water no place to go.

Prayers for all those in harms way and those who have families in harms way.

KMOV is almost pulling up on the mass casualty Holiday Inn...
Seen a lot of damage on the roadway.

http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming/
St Louis live stream. Reporter tried to call that Holiday Inn and could not get through. They are sending a crew over there to see what they can find out.

They are saying everyone in MO is safe to come out for now with the exception of those in downtown St. Louis.

A tornado does appear to have hit Earth City, which is where the Holiday Inn is.

Mount Olive/Litchfield area take cover... another tornado warning.

Matt Hayes ‏@Matt_HayesSN 18m

Near airport. “@CecilHurt: St. Louis. Awful. RT @evan0327: a holiday inn in earth city just collapsed” :thud:

That is an 8 story building! I DO NOT BELIEVE that report is correct.
Important to remember that "casualty" does NOT have to mean death.
A mass casualty event is simply something that stresses first responders.
Which includes tornadoes!

I can't find words to express how badly I feel for the people of Oklahoma City right now. This is just horrible. I'm so sorry they're going through this in Oklahoma let alone once but twice in less than two weeks.

Now MO too?

20/20 reporting now on a direct hit Oklahoma took today. It was during the peak of rush hour travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member