Severe Weather 2013 Spring, Summer and Fall

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya::stormingmad:
makes me sad and mad the children were seeking sheklter[ their teachers as well]
to know now that the school had no storm shelter????:scared:

The tower plaza school was very old and very well built. They can't tear down every old school and rebuild. As new schools go up, these precautions are taken. This was an F-5 tornado, unless you are underground, there is no way to hide from it. I just read that the city had been trying to get grants to build 800 shelters but thanks to our federal government, it was almost impossible to get done. I don't want to make this political but seriously, don't blame the city. I grew up in oklahoma, storm shelters are just not available to everyone, they are expensive. That school was as solid as most can be. Just no contest against mother nature.

http://www.cityofmoore.com/saferoom

:seeya::stormingmad:
makes me sad and mad the children were seeking sheklter[ their teachers as well]
to know now that the school had no storm shelter????:scared:

I question if it would of made any difference. If an EF5 tornado hits the building your in head on, that building is going to get wiped out doesn't matter what room your in. At that point all you can do is pray.

Does anyone know if this couple has been found?

Cassandra Jenkins told CNN’s Piers Morgan on Tuesday night that she or her relatives still haven’t been able to locate her grandparents, Thomas and Claudia Foutch, since the tornado.

Jenkins said her grandparents left a funeral home and were believed to have been heading back to their home in Moore when the twister went through that town. Their home was not affected, but the Foutch’s were not in it.

http://fox6now.com/2013/05/21/ok-city-tornado-get-the-latest-developments-in-this-disaster/

Last night on CNN they said there are "
NO unaccounted/missing people" and the death toll is NOT expected to rise.
All things considered, that is GREAT news.

To Dolly above, there are fb pages set up for lost and found pets with pictures.
Surely your friend can find her dog through one of them.

Sorry no link, I heard it with my ear. I'm sure the info is available somewhere.

If that is the case though, then I wonder why I keep seeing people on FB posting that they are looking for their loved ones, mainly elderly relatives, who they have been unable to locate. Praying that CNN is correct and the family has been able to locate them.

If that is the case though, then I wonder why I keep seeing people on FB posting that they are looking for their loved ones, mainly elderly relatives, who they have been unable to locate. Praying that CNN is correct and the family has been able to locate them.

I remember when the Joplin tornado hit there were people unaccounted for because there were sent to hospitals out of the area so I wonder if that's what's going on here as well.

Here's a pic of my friend walking down the street where her home USED to be in Moore. It is completely gone and she can't find her little dog. My thoughts and prayers are with her and all the people, families and children of Oklahoma!

Hi DPM,

Lost Love Animal Rescue is sharing "losts" and "founds" on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-Love-Animal-Rescue/157102497680682

I don't know if your friend has access to the internet, but perhaps you or another friend would recognize the pup if he/she gets posted?

I think it's a matter of "we know they are safe, but you don't know they are safe." In other words, the local officials are saying that they've determined that X,Y, and Z who lived in this house are not trapped in the home, have been taken to a local hospital, are staying out of town. But Aunt Sally from Rhode Island has been unable to reach them, and they have been unable to reach her.

All things considered, that is GREAT news.

To Dolly above, there are fb pages set up for lost and found pets with pictures.
Surely your friend can find her dog through one of them.

Sorry no link, I heard it with my ear. I'm sure the info is available somewhere.

Hi DPM,

Lost Love Animal Rescue is sharing "losts" and "founds" on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-Love-Animal-Rescue/157102497680682

I don't know if your friend has access to the internet, but perhaps you or another friend would recognize the pup if he/she gets posted?

Thank-you!! My friend found her dog at one of the shelters. A little beaten up but he will be ok...

I am freaking out right now, the same storm system that spawned the Moore, Ok. tornado is now entering my little corner of NE Tennessee. We are under a severe thunderstorm warning until 8:45pm and the wind is whipping the huge trees that surround my house. I know that we are not expecting anything near as devistating, but I am still shaking and nervous. I am an avid weather watcher, after the spring of 2011 and the super outbreak that impacted our area, my DH calls me a paranoid android. Just needed to vent, stay safe out there fellow WSers!!!

Thorn, I saw that there were also tornadoes in Tennessee (my birth state, by the way...Memphis girl here).

How did you fare? Everything okay?

I tell you what, folks...all these missing animals and animals that have been found wandering the streets...it kills me. I just want to go scoop them all up and love them to pieces. Can you imagine how confused and frightened they were/are? One of the pups was found standing guard over his/her deceased human. :(

13,000 structures destroyed by tornado's in Ok the last weekend, most were in Moore.
26 fatalities, 24 in Moore.

Moore Ok is the only city to be hit by 2 EF5 tornado's.

Ok has had 7 EF5s, tied with Alabama.

Today (Thursday 23rd) Moore has received close to 3 inches of rain. Flash flooding in all low lying area's.

Wednesday May 29th more severe weather is expected. At this time, Tornado probability is high.

[video=youtube;XMF22_MEMJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMF22_MEMJU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Thorn, I saw that there were also tornadoes in Tennessee (my birth state, by the way...Memphis girl here).

How did you fare? Everything okay?

I tell you what, folks...all these missing animals and animals that have been found wandering the streets...it kills me. I just want to go scoop them all up and love them to pieces. Can you imagine how confused and frightened they were/are? One of the pups was found standing guard over his/her deceased human. :(

Thank you for your concern. We are doing great. We had some violent winds and heavy rain, but fortunately it was short lived on Tuesday. Yesterday we got over two inches of rain in less than an hour and had some localized flooding in my part of Greene County, other areas had some trees down as well as the flooding. Thank goodness we are supposed to be relatively strom free for Memorial Day weekend!

I am with you on the pets. I was supposed to go to the store on Tuesday, but I refused to leave my two cats and my ferret home alone with the severe weather. I loved the video of the little old lady who found her doggy while giving an interview. No matter how many times I watch that video I still cry tears of joy for her and her little pooch. I am praying that many more pets and owners can be reunited in the days to come.:please:

Also, in regards to the little dog that was found with her deceased "owner", turns out that was not the case, here is an update on her story.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/22401174/dog-who-guarded-bodys-owner-is-alive-they-have-been-reunited

13,000 structures destroyed by tornado's in Ok the last weekend, most were in Moore.
26 fatalities, 24 in Moore.

Moore Ok is the only city to be hit by 2 EF5 tornado's.

Ok has had 7 EF5s, tied with Alabama.

Today (Thursday 23rd) Moore has received close to 3 inches of rain. Flash flooding in all low lying area's.

Wednesday May 29th more severe weather is expected. At this time, Tornado probability is high.

Storm 5-20-13 - YouTube
That video is absolutely chilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members