Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t feel good about it. I don’t think she would leave with out her child’s epipen. The house was locked and her keys were inside, it doesn’t add up. Just my thoughts.

I have a child (well, now she is 18yo..adult!) and we learned of her peanut allergy when she was 18 mos old. We NEVER left the house without her epipen. Just never. If I ever were in a situation where I was fleeing and trying to hide out, we still would have taken the epipen. It was always with us (her) and thank God it was. At 15yo, the awful peanut ingestion happened and she had to use the pen on herself. Thankfully, we'd prepared for that moment for many years and she knew exactly what to do.

I cannot believe, for a single moment, that this mama left behind her dd's epipen knowing it could be needed at any moment. I live in the Denver area, and this missing mama and children is breaking my heart.

Can anyone think of a family annihilation where the bodies were removed from the house? Don't most of the perps simply either commit suicide themselves to join the family or claim someone else is responsible, either someone else in the family or a stranger?

Adam Matos and Luis Toledo

I was thinking that family annihilation included suicide of the annihilator, so I looked up some links to check on that. I ended up on Wikipedia's Familicide page

Familicide - Wikipedia

There's a list on there of notable familicides/family annihilation crimes. I didn't go through all of them, but what I did notice of the ones I did click on was that the bodies were left in situ. Sometimes the annihilator tried to burn the house down. One faked that the family were attacked and even tried to fake that he'd also been attacked as part of a crazed gang entering the house and attacking all the occupants--this one moved one of the bodies, I'm not sure if that was psychologically to put the child in her own bed or whether it was purely scene-setting, or maybe both.

Can anyone think of a family annihilation where the bodies were removed from the house? Don't most of the perps simply either commit suicide themselves to join the family or claim someone else is responsible, either someone else in the family or a stranger?
Of course there have been men who murder their families to start out anew. Jeffrey McDonald was one.

I wonder what the husband's demeanor was like when he went to work.
Then again, if they'd had a fight and he didn't get much sleep he'd probably be out of sorts anyway.

Did the husband ever explicitly imply the emotional conversation occurred that night? Could it have occurred via skype or phone from Arizona. I cannot help but think how they keep saying (media) the car seats were left behind. Just wierd way of putting it. If the car was left, of course you would just assume the car seats were left. No mention of the car, just the car seats. Were the car seats taken out of the car and in the house or standing somewhere in garage? Also, back to that first day of school. Were the children in daycare prior or did family watch them or friends? If in daycare I can see it would not be as big a deal on the first day because they would be used to stranger care, meaning people they did not know caring for them. But if not, again, at that age first day is a big deal. Were their first day clothing set up and left behind or were they in them. I know if my family vanished I would want to stay in my home, waiting on them for one. But also would be hunting for any clues as to what happened, what is missing, is anything out of sorts etc. I would be a total basket case, sedation time, not kidding. Is there any dishes, nappies, anything to show the kids were there after this party they went to. Beds slept in? So many questions. My son has severe asthma, I know peanut allergy is actually worse, less time if an episode occurs. Leaving that Epi pen. Oh this is so upsetting. My friend lost her dog this past weekend, she showed more emotion when talking then the husband. In fact I showed more emotion out driving alleys in total darkness at one in the morning, looking for a little dog. Yes the dog was found, Thank God. But, something is really off, I usually play victims advocate here, but something will not allow me to right now, its OFF....IMHO

The husband has a work truck. What does he do, do we know? Does he work with people he knows, or is he say a plumber or an electrician with different customer each day. If he has not direct supervisor there is no one to ask if he was off, I would have not idea if a plumber I hired was off that day. I don't know him on a normal day. Where is his family, what are they saying? IMHO

Removed family from the home, saved himself (I know there’s a lot of debate on this one but I think he did it intentionally)

Father Confesses to Killing His 4 Children

But in that case the family were in a car when he drove the car into a body of water with the intent of killing the family that way. His intent appears to have been to walk away as the sole survivor, and perhaps he was even prepared to die with them as a murder-suicide.

What I'm talking about is family annihilation within a family home where the annihilator moves the deceased bodies from the home before there's any report to LE that there's something wrong.

Of course there have been men who murder their families to start out anew. Jeffrey McDonald was one.

Yes, that was one of the ones I looked at. The one where he faked himself being injured while his wife and young daughters were fatally injured by intruders. It said he moved the body of one daughter, but I think he put her back into her bedroom. But the whole family were found inside the house where the crime was committed.

I was thinking that family annihilation included suicide of the annihilator, so I looked up some links to check on that. I ended up on Wikipedia's Familicide page

Familicide - Wikipedia

There's a list on there of notable familicides/family annihilation crimes. I didn't go through all of them, but what I did notice of the ones I did click on was that the bodies were left in situ. Sometimes the annihilator tried to burn the house down. One faked that the family were attacked and even tried to fake that he'd also been attacked as part of a crazed gang entering the house and attacking all the occupants--this one moved one of the bodies, I'm not sure if that was psychologically to put the child in her own bed or whether it was purely scene-setting, or maybe both.

Michael Blagg killed his wife and daughter and removed their bodies from the home and reported them missing.

My son works the oilfield, it depends on what you do. He is a Welder, so he has some of his own tools/gear and some are the companies. He uses his own vehicle to get to work/base but then they head out in work truck. However my son is gone for four weeks at a time, then home for two, gone for four, home for two. So who knows. IMHO

Familicide - Wikipedia

There are a few in which the men don't kill themselves. Chris Coleman. Neil Entwhistle. John List. Bradford Bishop. Michael Blagg. David Anthony. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc1...amily-in-2001-bodies-found-4-years-later.html

But most do leave the bodies at home.

A couple have tried to hide them.

My son works the oilfield, it depends on what you do. He is a Welder, so he has some of his own tools/gear and some are the companies. He uses his own vehicle to get to work/base but then they head out in work truck. However my son is gone for four weeks at a time, then home for two, gone for four, home for two. So who knows. IMHO
My brother has been married for almost forty years. He was an engineer on a shipping line (now retired). All their married life, he would spend six weeks at sea and then home for six weeks. Both he and my sister in law say that they were pleased when they waved each other off at the end of the six weeks.

Chris Watts, Shanann Watt's husband, spoke to 9NEWS and said the situation's been traumatic.

"I'm just hoping right now that she's somewhere safe..." he said. "Like, this house is not the same. Last night was traumatic. Last night was - I can't really stay in this house again with nobody here."
Pregnant woman and her 2 children reported missing in Frederick

Uhhh, why am I hearing shades of Scott Peterson here...Couldn't stay in the house when Laci went missing, talked the realtor about selling just weeks after Laci went missing. Heck this guy is already wanting to be out of the house days later. Could be innocent, could not be.

I'm currently reading about Michael Blagg thanks to ksprincess mentioning him above! Very, very interesting case.

Toledo killed his wife and her 2 kids from a previous relationship. They have never been found. He killed them in their house and then only he knows what happened next. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...entenced-to-death-for-killing-wife-her-2-kids

Matos killed his ex-girlfriend and mother of his son, her boyfriend, her mom and her dad. He left them in the house for a couple days after killing them. Ordered pizza, hung out with neighbors while his young son was in the house still. Hopefully peacefully sleeping. Adam Matos guilty in brutal Hudson quadruple-murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member