Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look you can't widen he suspect pool until you clear everyone in the house where her fear started. So most of you don't think its Joe and you don't think it's Pak then the next obvious step is drifter and we can't sleuth the drifter so aside from pimps and shady figures in the shadows the sleuthing in this case is at a standstill until we can sleuth the drifter

IMO

A neighbor of JB saw him bring a rental-truck (uHaul) and move items into in the darkness with just a single light inside the home. That neighbor thought this was very weird.

1) Why would she think it was weird? (Because he could afford to get his own truck instead of a rental-truck or was it in moving things in the complete darkness)

If he did hire a rental-truck did the police try to get the records from rental-truck company to see if he hired a rental-truck and for how long - whether he used his real-name to rent the truck or someone's name?

Oh geeeze.

Since when is it weird to ask a friend to help you load a Uhaul?

Since when is it strange to pack every lamp in the house except for one to help see during the packing?

Since when is it weird to take less than an hour for two guys to load a Uhaul that is rented by the hour?

Since when is it unusual for a man to take care of moving in the evening after work (instead of losing a day's pay)?

Since when is it strange to pay 180 bucks to take care of a move with a friend instead of 2,000 bucks to hire a professional moving company?

All that has been described regarding his move is the norm (not the exception).

Look you can't widen he suspect pool until you clear everyone in the house where her fear started. So most of you don't think its Joe and you don't think it's Pak then the next obvious step is drifter and we can't sleuth the drifter so aside from pimps and shady figures in the shadows the sleuthing in this case is at a standstill until we can sleuth the drifter

IMO

Agreed. The drifter definitely needs to be looked into further. I'm just not ready to believe what one article reports, because I believe they may be coming to a conclusion based on the reputation of JB. Kind of like you are who you hang out with. But in the case of multiple murders, I think the unknown person deserves the benefit of the doubt before we move all our attention to him simply because we haven't been able to conclusively tie anyone else to the killings as of this moment.

All this talk about the drifter is moot anyway because there is no proof that SG was murdered.

Agreed. The drifter definitely needs to be looked into further. I'm just not ready to believe what one article reports, because I believe they may be coming to a conclusion based on the reputation of JB. Kind of like you are who you hang out with. But in the case of multiple murders, I think the unknown person deserves the benefit of the doubt before we move all our attention to him simply because we haven't been able to conclusively tie anyone else to the killings as of this moment.

Yea but suspicion immediately falls upon JB and drifter as they are alone in the house with shannan. I'm not putting the blame on drifter cause MP, CPH etc check out, I'm saying we need to START there and we've skipped that all along

All this talk about the drifter is mute anyway because there is no proof that SG was murdered.

Seaslug, if you want to live in a world that turns a blind eye to the murder of young girls then you can keep propagating that myth but I don't and I won't accept it.

Why do some people here seem to ATTACK others because of their theories or POV Isn't that what we are all here for...to put our heads together...I have only been here a short time but am already growing weary of SUPER sleuths putting down anybody and every theory that doesn't agree with their own...thats how cases go cold! OPEN YOUR MINDS TO ANY AND EVERY POSSIBILITY BECAUSE AT THIS POINT...NOBODY IS RIGHT OR WE WOULD HAVE AN ARREST AND CONVICTION! Imo that is why LE han't soved these cases...closed minds!

Seaslug, if you want to live in a world that turns a blind eye to the murder of young girls then you can keep propagating that myth but I don't and I won't accept it.

Well unless you can show us some substantial PROOF that SG's death was anything other than an unfortunate accident, it is you who are contributing to the propagation of a myth.

All this talk about JB, the drifter, CPH, Gus Colletti... it's all wild theories that are based upon stretching the truth and wild imaginations.

Do you HONESTLY give these Oak Beach characters that much credit to be so good that one of them is the LISK without leaving a shred of evidence behind for the investigators to build a case against him?

Do you really think one of them is that very same killer who has been able to abduct at least four other girls, murder them, make phone calls to one of their sisters and be so intelligent and such a mastermind as to not leave a single shred of evidence to trace these crimes back to him?

Oh wait... can it be MP who is so smart that he can admit to being her driver, admit to being with her that night yet still get away with murder?

So which one is the mastermind?

Which one of these normal Joe's is the super evil mastermind????

All this talk about the drifter is mute anyway because there is no proof that SG was murdered.

What would be the point of this thread, then? Should there be no talk of SG at all because there's no proof she was murdered?

And we are off to the races again. This is why I don't post much here and just read. I'm fairly new and almost immediately someone got snotty with me.

Why do some people here seem to ATTACK others because of their theories or POV Isn't that what we are all here for...to put our heads together...I have only been here a short time but am already growing weary of SUPER sleuths putting down anybody and every theory that doesn't agree with their own...thats how cases go cold! OPEN YOUR MINDS TO ANY AND EVERY POSSIBILITY BECAUSE AT THIS POINT...NOBODY IS RIGHT OR WE WOULD HAVE AN ARREST AND CONVICTION! Imo that is why LE han't soved these cases...closed minds!

I agree 100%. I also must point out that Sleuthing should be based upon FACTS, not RUMORS. Innocent people should not be hung publically when they have already been named by the police as not being a person of interest. The truth should not be stretched to make a theory 'fit' or 'work'. Lies should not be portrayed as absolute truths. I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions. Attacking others because they are stating the FACTS of a case is one of the reasons why this LISK forum keeps getting shut down.

Sorry that the truth hurts. Still no reason to attack someone for stating it.

Does anyone know WHEN JB was packing in the middle of the night...what night was it?

This case is not closed. COD was undetermined. LE have theories as to how she died but IMO they haven't shown anything basing that on fact. It's still an open case so every possibility, every person connected to it should be sleuthable. IMO.

We have no answers as to how Shannan died, we have no official COD whatsoever. We have a manner of death, once again determined by LE theories. Elements about this death are still questionable and just about nothing is concrete except that she was at a johns, something went wrong, she fled for her life, and she wound up dead. Short of that, what do we really have???

I agree 100%. I also must point out that Sleuthing should be based upon FACTS, not RUMORS. Innocent people should not be hung publically when they have already been named by the police as not being a person of interest. The truth should not be stretched to make a theory 'fit' or 'work'. Lies should not be portrayed as absolute truths. I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions. Attacking others because they are stating the FACTS of a case is one of the reasons why this LISK forum keeps getting shut down.

Sorry that the truth hurts. Still no reason to attack someone for stating it.

Sorry not personally attacking you Seaslug, but isn't the fact that Shannan said they were going to killer her still proof she was murdered?

Well unless you can show us some substantial PROOF that SG's death was anything other than an unfortunate accident, it is you who are contributing to the propagation of a myth.

All this talk about JB, the drifter, CPH, Gus Colletti... it's all wild theories that are based upon stretching the truth and wild imaginations.

Do you HONESTLY give these Oak Beach characters that much credit to be so good that one of them is the LISK without leaving a shred of evidence behind for the investigators to build a case against him?

Do you really think one of them is that very same killer who has been able to abduct at least four other girls, murder them, make phone calls to one of their sisters and be so intelligent and such a mastermind as to not leave a single shred of evidence to trace these crimes back to him?

Oh wait... can it be MP who is so smart that he can admit to being her driver, admit to being with her that night yet still get away with murder?

So which one is the mastermind?

Which one of these normal Joe's is the super evil mastermind????

What SKs are not normal joe's sleaslug? What if we put a new swing on this and say Shannan and Amber both disappeared FROM the same town

Sorry not personally attacking you Seaslug, but isn't the fact that Shannan said they were going to killer her still proof she was murdered?

Waltson, I have been sleuthing this case extensively since the very beginning. If you go back and read the old discussions you can certainly find a time when I was furious thinking the same thing (that the fact that she said they were going to kill her and then she died was proof enough that she was murdered). But then I kept digging deeper and deeper.

The facts of this case then lead me to question under what circumstances do killers allow their victim to make a 911 call and stay on the phone for 18 minutes while the police tried to figure out what island she was calling from (yes; they DID NOT even know if she was on Fire Island, Long Island or Jones' Island and either did she).

I then started to question why anyone would kill SG when they were fully aware that she brought a driver to protect her.

I then started to question whether or not SG was anything like the GB4 in that she was driven to client's homes while the others were clearly stalked by their killer.

I then started to question whether or not JB was intelligent enough to be the LISK.

I then started to question whether or not MP would be so stupid as to be the LISK and to kill the one girl they could easily trace to him.

When the crazy stuff about CPH's call came up the sleuthing clearly revealed that although he might be a colorful strange character who loves to inject himself into other people's business, he clearly is not the serial killer type.

I then started to question if CPH was the serial killer, why be so good at covering his tracks with the GB4 but so sloppy with SG?

The facts of this case then lead me to question under what circumstances does a person wind up dead but not murdered after a frantic call announcing that he/she was going to be killed. The answer I found was not under most circumstances unless the person has a known history of mental illness such as bipolar disorder. A little more research and I discover a long, long history of bipolar illness, refusal to take her medication to treat that illness, chronic use of cocaine & ectasy, a troubled childhood where she was removed from the care of her mother's home due to physical abuse and ANGER; lots and lots of anger. Her family, friends and neighbors all described this anger in the form of uncontrollable rages and emotional outbursts. Her rage and "episodes" were nothing new to MP because they had occured frequently (this WAS NOT the first time she ran from a client's home screaming and having one of her bipolar episodes).

Further sleuthing revealed that in addition to not taking her medication, being under huge amounts of stress, constantly putting herself in harm's way with her prostitution & drug use, she was clearly not healthy because she dropped a large amount of weight in a very short period of time. Further sleuthing revealed that she was at extremely high risk for heart attack, stroke as well as suicide due to all of the factors mentioned above.

Bottomline was that she clearly stopped caring about herself or her well being. She was in an abusive relationship that included severe violence and she didn't care about herself enough to get out of it.

I totally understand the emotions involved here for those who seek justice for Shannon.

I get it.

I understand that there is a rage... an anger against JB, CPH, MP and the rest of the Oak Beach gang. The unimaginable happened the evening of May 1st 2010. A mother lost her daughter. Siblings lost their sister. A baby lost her aunt. A bright young lady who was dealt a bad start to her life died before she ever had the chance to turn her luck around.

It is a tragedy on so many levels.

I understand the rage against the police investigators and against the Oak Beach association for appearing to do very little to investigate her case when she first disappeared.

I think the absolute most difficult obstacle I had when I attempted to sleuth this case was to distance myself from all of that rage and emotions (that none of us can help but to feel when we first look at this case). Then, as time went on and I weighed each and every aspect of this case I eventually found new ways to approach and evaluate the facts without the emotions clouding my vision (I guess I sort of grew numb to it all over time). I still have not made any conclusion as to what has happened to SG because we are missing so many pieces to the puzzle that we cannot possibly ever know without a confession that she was indeed murdered.

All I can say is that once you rise above letting the emotional aspect of this case get the best of you, the facts start to speak for themself and the likelyhood that SG was murdered by one of the Oak Beach clan or that the LISK accidentally stumbled upon her that evening becomes less with each passing day and the likelyhood that the police got it right that she died accidentally starts to reveal itself as being the more obvious answer.

I know this seems cold and harsh because it doesn't allow the justice that everyone seeks for Shannon.

Maybe one day the LISK will be caught and we will know the truth whether or not SG was one of his victims.

Until then, keep on sleuthing and try to do it with an open mind and without the rage and emotions that so easily cloud our judgement.

And please don't lash out at others who have been sleuthing this case for a very long time.

Seaslug, you are neglecting some seriously significant FACTS in this case. First of all the Rehab call by someone who told Mari he was Hackett. Was this a spoof call that was "debunked" by the police early on? If Shannan just had a freak out and no one was trying to killer then NO ONE would call her mother the next day and tell her that shannan slept safely at their home and left with MP which was obvious all a lie. SOMEONE made that call and you can't ignore that the phone call indicates foul play

Seaslug, you are neglecting some seriously significant FACTS in this case. First of all the Rehab call by someone who told Mari he was Hackett. Was this a spoof call that was "debunked" by the police early on? If Shannan just had a freak out and no one was trying to killer then NO ONE would call her mother the next day and tell her that shannan slept safely at their home and left with MP which was obvious all a lie. SOMEONE made that call and you can't ignore that the phone call indicates foul play

Sorry but I am not ignoring any serious facts. I've been down all of these roads many times. Before you make such an accusation I have to ask you to show me one shred of evidence that there was a "Rehab Call" on May 2nd (the day after) as you claim.

Do the research and prove to all of us that this May 2nd phone call that you speak of exists.

I will save you the trouble and tell you that I did do the research many times and all I can come up with is proof that a call was made on May 6th (which CPH admits to making exactly five minutes after CPH's phone records show that Alex called him and requested that he call Mari Gilbert to offer his assistance).

All this nonsense about a drug rehab is old news. Mari herself never used the words drug rehab.

All I can say is prove it before you use gossip to back your arguement.

Prove it.

Prove that the call from CPH came the day after SG went missing as you are stating (and not on May 6th).

And while you are attempting to find this elusive proof, be sure to also be prepared to explain how the Gilberts received this alleged call on May 2nd about the welfare of their daughter from a complete stranger yet not once did any of them ever attempt to contact SG directly to find out what that call was all about.

Also be prepared to explain why neither the police nor the Gilbert's attorney are in posession of this proof.

I've been down this road before. It is a dark, lonely journey down a dead-end street where gossip rules but actual facts and common sense fail to support the allegations.

WABC-TV reports that Oak Beach resident Dr. Charles P. Hackett was one of the last people to see Gilbert alive. Gilbert's mother told the station that she received a phone call from Hackett the day after she disappeared.
"He called me on the phone. He said he had a halfway house and that Shannan was there," Gilbert reportedly told the station. "She wanted to be off the streets and he was trying to help her."
Hackett, the former head of Suffolk County Emergency Medical Services and a former police surgeon, reportedly denies ever calling Gilbert's mother.
When asked about Hackett by a reporter on Wednesday, Dormer said "he's been very cooperative," though he did not mention the doctor by name.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/1...island-serial-killer-726616671/#ixzz20ktsXGvk

Feels like the doctor may have been trying to buy time to clean up the mess and all the evidence. Could someone else have made the call from Doc's house trying to pass himself off as the doc? Something very fishy about this aspected of May 1, 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech