Shawn Adkins Attorney makes written statement

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=354716

The attorney of the only named suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has issued a statement that says law enforcement isn't interested in cooperation in the case.

While I realize I am late to the party here, I suspect LE would love to hear from Shawn as to where Hailey is. And what happened. And who knew. So if he would like to pass along those tidbits, I am quite certain LE would appreciate his cooperation.

Just sayin.

BBM-I am always amazed in these cases when LE starts to put the pieces of the puzzle together and all of a sudden folks will start hollaring, we need to find (in this case, Hailey), we need to focus on Hailey. JMO but no one, including LE has lost focus and Hailey is at the forefront of this investigation. When suspects or POI or their attorneys start blathering this, it is almost a clear indication that they want the investigation to focus on anything but them. JMO.

I must say that your hypothetical letter is fabulous and for future reference this attorney should cut and paste.

Yeah, really... Like what does the attorney expect? If their own child was missing, would they be satisfied with a LE investigation repeating the mantra "focus on finding ..., focus on finding...." and doing random searches in random areas while completely ignoring the possibilities of investigation into the potential perps, eg. allegedly creepy guys with serial killer obsessions in the child's vicinity?

So, Shawn's lawyer sends a letter declining future interview requests to the reporter (Priscilla Luong) who has done most of the local interviews in the case, the reporter who attempted to be a spokesperson for tasteless Hailey merchandise, the reporter who Billie called personally to tell that she had forgotten to mention she had a Protective Order filed against Shawn in her earlier interviews that day. The reporter who is moving to Oklahoma so presumably no longer reporting on the case (unless she plans on writing a book?). Hey, at least he knew the letter proclaiming that Shawn and Billie are the victims would be released quickly in the media.

It is ironic that this lawyer, representing SA and apparently his poor victimized family, wants LE to turn the focus back to "finding Hailey" and yet SA's poor ailing elderly grandmother supposedly would not allow any local searchers on her property and stated right at the beginning that she refused to listen to anything LE had to say.

Not one member of that family made any effort to find Hailey and that is likely because SA told them all she probably ran away, with her older boyfriend :waitasec:.

MOO
BBM
OR maybe they think deep down in their souls that SA could have done something to Hailey. They'll probably never share it with us, but they've known him his whole life. They might see what he is capable of and try and protect him?
JMO

BBM
OR maybe they think deep down in their souls that SA could have done something to Hailey. They'll probably never share it with us, but they've known him his whole life. They might see what he is capable of and try and protect him?
JMO

No doubt that even if they didn't think there was a possibility he was involved at first, at least some of them must have had second thoughts since all of the information about SA has been released. I would imagine they didn't know the extent of what SA's "interests" were. Perhaps that's what the lawyer means by the family being "divided".

Fortunately I have never been in the position that SA's family finds themselves in right now. I'd like to believe, however, that I would be the first one co-operating with a police investigation regardless of the fact that it is my son/grandson who is the focus. I would have to know for myself if they were responsible and I would like to think I would turn them in myself if I had any reason to believe that they were.

Protecting a possible sociopath/pyschopath, even if it's your own child, won't do you any favors. They'll never change and things will just get worse down the road.

MOO

I am always keeping an open mind regarding Hailey I dont know if SA or BD have anything to do with her disappearance or not. The point is dont get yourself in a pickle with LE by lying and trying to hide what you're doing. Be up front and honest. Also, dont go on TV when more and more dirt is coming out about you. Either fess up or stop giving so many interviews.

I went back and re-read my two posts and realize that they were a little snarky and so I apologize...I just find it hard to believe that this lawyer is pointing fingers at LE actually saying that LE doesn't even know if a crime has been committed. A kid being gone for 3 months certainly lends itself to a crime...not to mention all the other stuff.

But I'll watch my mouth more....I was just trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.

I am always keeping an open mind regarding Hailey I dont know if SA or BD have anything to do with her disappearance or not. The point is dont get yourself in a pickle with LE by lying and trying to hide what you're doing. Be up front and honest. Also, dont go on TV when more and more dirt is coming out about you. Either fess up or stop giving so many interviews.

I agree with you on this...none of us know exactly what happened and we are supposed to try to keep an open mind because as we have seen before...somethings can still really surprise us...

But the small walls of my open mind tend to close in when people bash LE or really get uber defensive when the secrets you tried to keep close to your vest are starting to leak out like a popped water balloon.

I agree with you on this...none of us know exactly what happened and we are supposed to try to keep an open mind because as we have seen before...somethings can still really surprise us...

But the small walls of my open mind tend to close in when people bash LE or really get uber defensive when the secrets you tried to keep close to your vest are starting to leak out like a popped water balloon.

you managed to say what I was thinking.. TY!

This attorney, in his heart, may be doing what he thinks best for SA, but quite frankly, I feel sorry for his parents well earned money going down the drain for all the years of college.

After re-reading this letter again, if SA is arrest for disappearing HD....we have no problem in Houston.... and this will be a skating party for the prosecution. SA and his parents s/b worried.

JMO, IMO, etc.

I guess it doesnt really matter what his Lawyer says. Why put out a letter like that? No one feels sorry for him, at all. That letter just annoys people as anyone with half a braincell knows its all BS. So why not just keep quiet and say nothing at all.

Maybe because the lawyer needed to make people aware of HIMSELF - hence sending the letter to the news reporter. Seeing as this is the only reason he is representing him.

Investigators Respond to Letter from Adkins' Attorney

Update:
Investigators aren't planning to do anything differently in the case of Hailey Dunn after the letter fired off by suspect Shawn Adkins' attorney on Wednesday.

The letter said that investigators were focusing more on Adkins than on finding the missing 13-year-old.

Pete Kampfer, a spokesperson for the investigation, said this type of tactic is common among defense teams, and that investigators are going in the direction that the evidence leads.

"We certainly understand all kinds of frustrations in the case" he said. "Shawn Adkins has been a person of interest in the case since the very beginning and is continuing to be that."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=355126

The defense attorney's letter is a typical offensive move to sway public opinion and create the illusion (or delusion) of his client as the good guy victimized by the big, bad LEO's. From a defense standpoint, it's important to get that on the record early in the case. His client wants to talk to LE, but they won't talk to his client. But if LE decides that they do want to talk to SA, and he refuses, it's not that he's being uncooperative, it's because Thomas won't allow it. blah, blah... Typical attorney doublespeak :sick:

But...the letter is significant, imo, because it affirms that LE is not playing footsy with Shawn Adkins. He had a chance to tell the truth, and he thumbed his nose at LE. So they're done with him. They don't need him because they've gained access to the evidence vis a vis his electronic communication devices. And if nothing turns up to nail him for Hailey's disappearance, I think this LE team will forge on until they reach the truth. After the events of the past couple of weeks I'm fairly confident that Hailey's case won't turn into another Putnam County fiasco. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Pete Kampfer, a spokesperson for the investigation, said this type of tactic is common among defense teams, and that investigators are going in the direction that the evidence leads.
:rocker:

We have no idea what happened to Hailey although we all have our ideas and theories. Until she is found (or evidence of homicide is found) nothing will happen.

These 10 rules of homicide are from the book Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon.. I have found them to be completely accurate.

• "Everyone lies."
• Corollaries:
• Murderers lie because they have to.
• Witnesses and other participants lie because they think they have to.
• Everyone lies for the sheer joy of it, and to uphold a general principle that under no circumstances do you provide accurate information to a cop.
• "The victim is killed once, but a crime scene can be murdered a thousand times."
• "The initial ten or twelve hours after a murder are the most critical to the success of an investigation."
• "An innocent man left alone in an interrogation room will remain fully awake, rubbing his eyes, staring at the cubicle walls and scratching himself in dark, forbidden places. A guilty man left alone in an interrogation room goes to sleep."
• "It's good to be good; it's better to be lucky."
• "When a suspect is immediately identified in an assault case, the victim is sure to live. When no suspect has been identified, the victim will surely die."
• "First, they're red. Then they're green. Then they're black." (or, "A cleared homicide is a money tree.")
• "In any case where there is no apparent suspect, the crime lab will produce no valuable evidence. In those where a suspect has already confessed and been identified by at least two eyewitnesses, the lab will give you print hits, fiber evidence, blood typings and a ballistic match."
•
• A. "To a jury, any doubt is reasonable."
• B. "The better the case, the worse the jury."
• C. "A good man is hard to find, but twelve of them, gathered together in one place, is a miracle."
• "There is too such a thing as a perfect murder."

Is it me, or is Kampfer actually clear and concise in his response to SA's lawyer's written statement? Good job Pete. The investigation is going where the evidence takes it; Mr. Adkins has always been and continues to be a POI in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn. That's all that needed to be said on LE's behalf... JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024