She cut her own throat

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
Is it spin
the story I heard about an officer arriving and getting sick in the bathroom.
I heard that Darin says this and Darlie confirms it. I do not know if it is in the testimony or some of the evidence that came to light after the trial. Thats why I'm asking
Waddell admits to vomiting, but it was out in the yard once other cops and the medics had arrived. He did not run into the bathroom at any point. I have a hard time believing anything that Darlie and Darin confirm.
I do not wish to defame the name of this officer as I would be sickened as well, he most likely had children too. Who could not be sickened by this even a hard core seen everything police officer from the worst city in the usa (fill in the blank using your own opinions ) would be sickened. I find it more likely than not that he did indeed get sick, being a Texas man , never would admit it
As I said, he does admit it, but it was in the yard. They said the smell was horrible, fresh blood and body fluids. A beat cop doesn't smell that very often.
This is what makes me question the validity of that particular fact, is it a fact or do you call it defense spin
I'd call it spin. By saying Waddell threw up in the bathroom, Darin and Darlie are saying he left his post. They are insinuating that the cops were nothing more than the Keystone Kops. Waddell did not leave his post until he was excused.
Does it really seem so strange that the officer sees Darlie as a victim ar first. He is heard on the 911 tape telling her to sit down or lay down right at the end. Are you thinking that he wants her to get back up after the 911 recording ends? The ambulance was how soon after that

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I don't find it strange that he considered her a victim. He had nothing else to go on. He was horrified that she wasn't helping Damon, but he did not automatically think "she did this". There was no time to think anything like that. The ambulance arrived soon after Darlie hung up the phone, but I don't know the exact time.
I also heard that Darlie fell apart at the house and was the last to be taken out as she wanted Damon to be saved, and wouldn't accept Devon as dead too. She didn't want to go till both boys had gone. She was risking bleeding to death if this is true. Have you heard this or is it more spin?
Darlie was not risking bleeding to death. If she was, she would have already been dead. Her wound was barely bleeding when the medics arrived. Damon died in the arms of the medic on the FR floor, but still the medic scooped him up and rushed him to the ambulance, hoping he could be saved. Darlie had nothing to do with that. At some point, I think it was when the medic was working on Damon and the other was checking Devon,(Goody?) Darlie and Darin were standing by the glass doors whispering. This is hardly the picture of a woman who has fallen apart. Devon was not removed from the scene until much later because he died at the crime scene. Then the medic who had been tending Devon had Darlie sit on the steps. She claims she passed out several times, but witnesses say she did not. The medic put a bandage on her wounds and then she was taken to the ambulance. It had nothing to do with Darlies wishes. The medics did a triage, and Darlie was the least hurt so she was the last to be tended to. They obviously made the right choice. It was too late for the boys though.

I don't understand why the operator didn't offer some medical advice too. I mean the 911 show we all watched showed operators helping to save lives by getting the right information to the caller even little kids and rescue dogs who called. Why not here as soon as the operator knew she had stab wounds why wasn't she asking questions about where the boys had been stabbed so she could help. This kinda upsets me as 911 is the lifeline to all victims
I have no idea why the operator didn't offer any help. I'm not sure if Darlie would have listened to her anyway. She was too busy screaming. She did try to get information from Darlie. "How many little boys are stabbed? Is it two"?
What the 911 OP did or didn't do does not make Darlie innocent.

I can't imagine her putting her mom and the rest of the family through it, the fight for her new trial, appeal, all the efforts Mama Darlie has done. She knows the people who love her would have loved her guilty too. Why put up such a fight if guilty. This is what I don't get.
Simple. She thought she could OJ her way out of it. Why confess if you think you can win an acquital.

The evidence that a not so perfect crime scene investigation was done, is proof in the forensic questions we want answered like jeans, shirts, cast off, tool mark experts, some of the pieces don't seem to fit. The tool mark expert Frosch himself testified that he found distinct marks on the wounds of Devon that were not present on his brother Damon. This screams two knives to me but I seem to be ignored on this point.
Frosch is a detective, not a tool mark expert. I don't remember who the tool mark expert was or what he said, so you might have to refresh us on that.

The cast off you described and the sites and their links even say that a blood spot of 9mm, remember I did the math conversion for us, is too big to be cast off. This is the sites posted by goody and beesy too. Is this a mixture ? If so the direction of the blood being flung upon the shirt really can't be determined. Cast off has a very distinctive pattern to the droplet as blood tends to form a spherical shape as it travels. The blood should give a directional view of how the blood came to be on the shirt. If it is mixed with darlies blood on top of or below then the pattern cannot be detected, only guessed at.
The mixed blood probably was mixed on the knife. Why do you think it had to fly seperately?

The blood should give a directional view of how the blood came to be on the shirt. If it is mixed with darlies blood on top of or below then the pattern cannot be detected, only guessed at.

It does give a directional view of how the blood came to be on the shirt. The demonstration by the blood expert, Bevel, shows exactly how those cast-off drops came to be on the back and front shoulder of Darlie's nightshirt. As she lifted the knife and brought it back down again, blood flew off it onto the back of her night shirt, as she brought her hand down again, it landed on the front shoulder of her nightshirt.

Yes, even if it's mixed with Darlie's blood the pattern can still be discerned. WE've seen the pattern, it was pointed out in the demonstration on the documentary Invisible Intruder. The blood drops have tails, tails that point toward the source of the blood--down to up. It was mixed with both boys blood but still in cast-off patterns on the back of her nightshirt, because it mixed on the knife and not on her shirt...it's not blood transfer.

It's all in Bevel's testimony, he was qualified as the blood expert, not Chris Brown. In fact Chris Brown has no qualifications whatsoever in forenics or crime scene investigation so his book MTJD is based on his personal opinions only and is not a good source of information about this crime. It's valuable for the CS photos only.

Link to Bevel's testimony Volume 38

I had never heard that they were by the glass doors whispering before...

michelle said:
I had never heard that they were by the glass doors whispering before...
The police placed them there while they secured the house before letting paramedics in. They were not there long.

oh i see....I wonder what they were talking about??:waitasec: Oh to have been a fly on the wall.

Goody said:
The police placed them there while they secured the house before letting paramedics in. They were not there long.
No, they weren't there long, but did they have to be? Their heads were lowered whispering and when approached, the stopped talking and lifted their heads. What were they whispering about? Since they were told to move over there it's not as bad as it would be if they stood in a corner on their own accord. What it does show is that Darlie did not fall all to pieces, as Jane suggested. Darlie and Darin standing and whispering is not Darlie falling to pieces.

michelle said:
oh i see....I wonder what they were talking about??:waitasec: Oh to have been a fly on the wall.
Hey that screaming cat saw the whole thing.

deandaniellws said:
I agree with the second attack theory. I also think that Darlie thought there was too much blood in one place so she attempted to clean it up. If you are struggling and get cut...it isn't just in one place..it is kind of spread all over, so I believe that she figured that out and was trying to make it look like a struggle. I also think that Darin was the one that did the arm stab. She had to be injured in some way...and you KNOW she wasn't going to let anything happen to those *advertiser censored*! I think the neck cut was planned. I think she thought the neck slit would be the easiest thing to fix with plastic surgery when all this mess had blown over. And yes...I think Darin was there the whole time.
Do you think he meant to cut her arm or was it cut accidently when he was trying to pull the knife away from her? Could she have cut it trying to pull Damon back down off the sofa? For some reason, that cut doesn't seem staged.

I can't imagine her putting her mom and the rest of the family through it, the fight for her new trial, appeal, all the efforts Mama Darlie has done. She knows the people who love her would have loved her guilty too. Why put up such a fight if guilty. This is what I don't get.

Because she doesn't want to die, that's why. Serial murderers put up a fight before their executions too and most of them are hardened criminals. Its just human nature to want to live. I'm sure Devon and Damon did.

Is it spin
the story I heard about an officer arriving and getting sick in the bathroom.
I heard that Darin says this and Darlie confirms it.

Darlie said, and Darin confirmed, that they weren't having marital problems.

Darlie said, and Darin confirmed, that they weren't having financial problems.

I think we, as a group, could probably come up with a few more things that Darlie said, and Darin confirmed.

We all know that don't make it so. They're a tag team of liars, Jane.

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm sure Devon and Damon did.
I swear my heart breaks for those little boys, its so horrific and sad what happened to them.

beesy said:
No, they weren't there long, but did they have to be? Their heads were lowered whispering and when approached, the stopped talking and lifted their heads. What were they whispering about? Since they were told to move over there it's not as bad as it would be if they stood in a corner on their own accord. What it does show is that Darlie did not fall all to pieces, as Jane suggested. Darlie and Darin standing and whispering is not Darlie falling to pieces.
I have forgotten. Who said they saw them do that?

I just heard that too Goody, and someone posted that the police told them to go stand by the glass doors and then sarlie and darin were whispering.....

beesy said:
Do you think he meant to cut her arm or was it cut accidently when he was trying to pull the knife away from her? Could she have cut it trying to pull Damon back down off the sofa? For some reason, that cut doesn't seem staged.
What makes it seem staged is that it is on the right arm, there is a nearby hesitation wound, and there aren't more wounds like it on either arm.

michelle said:
I just heard that too Goody, and someone posted that the police told them to go stand by the glass doors and then sarlie and darin were whispering.....
The second policeman to arrive, Walling, testified that is where he first saw them when he arrived. I don't remember who saw them whispering but I do recall that being mentioned somewhere in a book or in trial testimony maybe.

Goody said:
I'm checking on it. I started a thread called Whispers a few months ago. You should go read it. We are being quite comical, or we think we are at least. In that thread I said I read it in all 3 books. Off to research I go.

Goody said:
It was paramedic Koschak, who after examining Devon, went over to the sliding glass door where Darlie and Darin were talking. My main point was that Darlie did not fall apart. She was not screaming or asking if the boys would be ok or anything like that. She and Darin were talking, about what? Who knows? After Koschak got to them, one account has Darin screaming "help them" and walking over to the other wall in the corner. So I don't know what was going on. I found this in all 3 books, but as of yet, have not found it in the trial testimony. I have not found that Walling first saw them there. I HAVE found where Koschak, Koylbye and Waddell(Vol. 29) comment that Darlie did not ask about the boys. Byford confirms she did not ask about the boys in the ambulance. She was alert at all times and not in shock at any time. Volume 32 for all but Waddell

beesy said:
I really didn't think much about her wounds until I came across the polygraph test Darin failed. In one of the questions he failed was the fact that he cut Darlie. He said no, and of course he was lying. I believed that she cut her own throat, so, that got me to thinking about the rest of her wounds. Then reading testimony, and looking at her wounds led me to believe that he was the one who stabbed her right arm. I don't think Darin ever fought her about killing the boys. I think he was the one who did the second attack. It sounds reasonable to me that she could have stabbed herself/ cut herself during the attacks though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back