Sheila and Katherine Lyon-sisters missing since 1975 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He did not go to jail because he married the girl, and the likely age of consent at the time would have been 16. So although a 21 year old man having sexual intercourse with a 16 year old girl is questionable behavior, technically it would likely have been legal. I suppose that back in the old days this was more common. For perspective, this same man had a sister who also became pregnant by a 21 year old man, got married, and delivered a child all at the ripe age of 15. It is unsettling when you consider that Sheila Lyon was abducted just a few days shy of her 13th birthday.

Just to be clear, marrying the girl is not a legal defense. Marrying an underage girl just makes it likely that the crime will not be reported by an upset girl or her relatives.

The age of the Lyon sisters would closely match Lloyd's criminal tastes in girls, but to be fair to Lloyd, he did marry someone his own age.

If the or one Lyon sister looked older than they were or were trying to act older as many kids did to hang out with older kids, perhaps they would have caught the eye of someone into fourteen or fifteen year-old girls. This would be a disaster waiting to happen.

But it was Lloyd who was staring at the girls that day to the point of a confrontation.

A 21 year old man having sex with a 16 year girl is a pedophile. You are not an adult, you are under 18. the age of consent may be 16, but still.

I agree it's creepy for a 21-year-old man having even legal sex with a sixteen year old, but I am pretty sure a "pedophile" is defined as someone who like young, PREpubescent girls or boys.

I don't know the physiological disorder name for men who like sixteen year olds but I would venture a guess that they are themselves immature, unable to handle a mature relationship, and treat people as sex objects.

Both types have psychological problems, but different problems.

Just to be clear, marrying the girl is not a legal defense. Marrying an underage girl just makes it likely that the crime will not be reported by an upset girl or her relatives.

The age of the Lyon sisters would closely match Lloyd's criminal tastes in girls, but to be fair to Lloyd, he did marry someone his own age.

If the or one Lyon sister looked older than they were or were trying to act older as many kids did to hang out with older kids, perhaps they would have caught the eye of someone into fourteen or fifteen year-old girls. This would be a disaster waiting to happen.

But it was Lloyd who was staring at the girls that day to the point of a confrontation.

Wrong again. A spouse cannot be compelled to testify against the partner in Maryland. Thus marrying the girl is a sure fire way of escaping prosecution.

None of this has anything to do with the Lyon case.

Any news?

(modsnip)

(modsnip)

I just believe that some of the Welch and other related family members don't deserve to be painted with the same brush.

There is an underlying narrative that people in this family have turned a blind eye, hopefully this is not the case. I think Connie Akers and Henry Parker stepping up with testimony is very important. Hopefully Thomas Welch will also follow his conscious and tell the truth.

I sense there will be an indictment of RAW in the near future.

A spouse cannot be compelled to testify against the partner in Maryland. Thus marrying the girl is a sure fire way of escaping prosecution.

There is no such thing as a perfect crime and there is no sure-fire way of escaping prosecution.
Obviously, without the testimony of a statutory rape victim, the case is harder than it would be with the testimony.
Today, with DNA evidence, it would be a slam-dunk case to match the DNA of the statutory-rapist father with that of an underage pregnant girl's baby.
In the 1960s or 1970s, a statutory-rape case, without a cooperating witness (or a dead witness/victim), would be made with other evidence.
Even today, with easy cases possible with DNA evidence, unless someone complains to law enforcement, often nothing in 14 or 15 year-old victim statutory-rapes cases happens.

Name calling is not allowed, per TO. So drop it.

God bless the good people in Bedford County and their respect for those two poor girls.

Relatives allegedly tie Richard Welch to Lyon sisters murder

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015...rder/31059729/

...The relative says Welch told him he and other family members sexually assaulted the girls on pool tables in Welch's home in Hyattsville, and that they disposed of their bodies on Taylors Mountain in Bedford County, Virginia. The relative also allegedly told cold case detectives that a family vehicle was used to take the girls from Hyattsville to Bedford.

Thomas Welch, Jr., another relative of Richard Welch, told investigators he saw two blonde girls in Welch's pool room on Easter in 1975. Welch is not commenting now, but detectives say he told them that he believes the girls were the Lyon sisters...

"Pool room" with pool table(s) ? Sounds like RAW1 had his own man-cave, where God only knows what really went on there. LE would probably like to be able to analyze those pool tables for evidence if they still existed. Also, I'm not aware that LE ever searched the old house that RAW rented. That has not been in the news if it ever occurred. The house is supposedly vacant and in disrepair.
It's been stated that RAW's older brother Luther Bell Welch a.k.a. "Luke" lived with him at the house on 42nd Place in Hyattsville. Could LBW be the deceased relative that RAW1's attorney Carter Garrett referred to when he said "I think police would be better suited to look at some of the deceased members of the family."
RAW 1975 home.jpg

The jailhouse snitch, the one who said Lloyd murdered and buried the bodies, RECANTED "several days later."
Jailhouse snitch testimony is always weak, but the mere fact that the police have had to pass off recanted testimony, in my opinion, shows a very weak case.

From the above article:
The warrant also says that shortly after police and prosecutors held a news conference naming Richard Welch's nephew Lloyd as a person of interest in the girls' murder, an inmate went to officials at a prison in Delaware where Lloyd is doing time for assaulting another girl. That inmate allegedly told prison officials that Lloyd Welch had talked to him about kidnapping the girls and burying them in Virginia. The inmate recanted several days later, saying Lloyd Welch "had only told him about his family property in Virginia and the prisoner surmised that it would be a good place to bury him if Lloyd Welch had been involved."

It's been stated that RAW's older brother Luther Bell Welch a.k.a. "Luke" lived with him at the house on 42nd Place in Hyattsville. Could LBW be the deceased relative that RAW1's attorney Carter Garrett referred to when he said "I think police would be better suited to look at some of the deceased members of the family."

Passing the buck and the blame on to the deceased gets my attention.

It's odd that an innocent man would blame a deceased relation unless he had some knowledge of the activity, and at that, having knowledge of a child murder and telling no one does not reflect kindly on your soul.

I think there will be an indictment in the near future.

The jailhouse snitch, the one who said Lloyd murdered and buried the bodies, RECANTED "several days later."
Jailhouse snitch testimony is always weak, but the mere fact that the police have had to pass off recanted testimony, in my opinion, shows a very weak case.

From the above article:
The warrant also says that shortly after police and prosecutors held a news conference naming Richard Welch's nephew Lloyd as a person of interest in the girls' murder, an inmate went to officials at a prison in Delaware where Lloyd is doing time for assaulting another girl. That inmate allegedly told prison officials that Lloyd Welch had talked to him about kidnapping the girls and burying them in Virginia. The inmate recanted several days later, saying Lloyd Welch "had only told him about his family property in Virginia and the prisoner surmised that it would be a good place to bury him if Lloyd Welch had been involved."

The jailhouse snitch was not however, the original source for the Taylor Mountain burial scenario, he had apparently piggybacked on info he got from the press conference.

Relatives allegedly tie Richard Welch to Lyon sisters murder

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015...rder/31059729/

...The relative says Welch told him he and other family members sexually assaulted the girls on pool tables in Welch's home in Hyattsville, and that they disposed of their bodies on Taylors Mountain in Bedford County, Virginia. The relative also allegedly told cold case detectives that a family vehicle was used to take the girls from Hyattsville to Bedford.

Thomas Welch, Jr., another relative of Richard Welch, told investigators he saw two blonde girls in Welch's pool room on Easter in 1975. Welch is not commenting now, but detectives say he told them that he believes the girls were the Lyon sisters...

"Pool room" with pool table(s) ? Sounds like RAW1 had his own man-cave, where God only knows what really went on there. LE would probably like to be able to analyze those pool tables for evidence if they still existed. Also, I'm not aware that LE ever searched the old house that RAW rented. That has not been in the news if it ever occurred. The house is supposedly vacant and in disrepair.
View attachment 79368

Do you have Luke Welch's DOD?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela