Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KSDK -- One person is responsible for the deaths of a Columbia woman and her two young sons and their killings were not a random act. That's the update this afternoon from the Major Case Squad.

Major Jeff Connor and Columbia Police Chief Joe Edwards held a news conference this afternoon. Connor said that after nine days of investigation, detectives determined that one person carried out the killings, and it was not a random act.

Connor would not release the name of the individual believed to have carried out the killings. "We don't feel this was a random act.. we fell the family was targeted," Connor said.

Connor said evidence on the case was turned over to the Monroe County States Attorney Office. He said charges are being deferred unitl more forensic tests are complete. Connor said that could take weeks.

When asked if police were following the husband and father of the victims, Chris Coleman, Connor said no. He said he was not going to list Coleman as a suspect

My bold... WEEKS??? Are you kidding!!!

UPDATE: Major Case Squad says one person responsible for Coleman family killings
KSDK -- One person is responsible for the deaths of a Columbia woman and her two young sons and their killings were not a random act. That's the update this afternoon from the Major Case Squad.

Major Jeff Connor and Columbia Police Chief Joe Edwards held a news conference this afternoon. Connor said that after nine days of investigation, detectives determined that one person carried out the killings, and it was not a random act.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=175221&catid=40

Not sure --
It just kind of stopped & went into flash flood warnings, etc. I think weather knocked out the broadcast.

I miss living in St. Louis -- but I'm glad I'm not there for flash floods today.

Weather's been crappy here the last few days. Lots of thunderstorms.

They did not break into regular programming, so I saw everything you all did with the feeds - not much. I guess they tipped the media that there would be no arrest, or else I'd assume they'd break into programming for the actual arrest.

Connor would not release the name of the individual believed to have carried out the killings. "We don't feel this was a random act.. we fell the family was targeted," Connor said.

Connor said evidence on the case was turned over to the Monroe County States Attorney Office. He said charges are being deferred unitl more forensic tests are complete. Connor said that could take weeks.

When asked if police were following the husband and father of the victims, Chris Coleman, Connor said no. He said he was not going to list Coleman as a suspect

WEEKS OMG, and if they are not following why were 4 cars and 8 men following him every where he goes DUH

When asked if police were following the husband and father of the victims, Chris Coleman, Connor said no. He said he was not going to list Coleman as a suspect.

~snip~

The three then left so Coleman's mother could get cancer treatment. The three are being followed by detectives.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=175221&catid=40 (Bolded by me)

WTH?! Why would Connor so boldly lie about it when we know they are following him openly?

(Hmmm...I never would have figured out about the cancer treatments, but I am glad I was wrong about him going to the psych ward!! LOL)

They did not break into regular programming, so I saw everything you all did with the feeds - not much. I guess they tipped the media that there would be no arrest, or else I'd assume they'd break into programming for the actual arrest.

I wish they would've arrested him early on so he couldn't attend the funerals. How sad it is that the person who took their lives is the one who got to decide where they would be burried. Makes me sick.:furious:

WEEKS OMG, and if they are not following why were 4 cars and 8 men following him every where he goes DUH

Maybe it's not the sheriff's department following but the MCS??:confused:

Soooooo MCS detectives just happened to go on a road trip that includes camping out in front of CC's parents house, that includes a sightseeing tour a church, cemetary and hospital, all of which CC happened to also go to?

Riiiiight.....

Heh. Let him get comfy with the idea he has a little time yet.

MOO and stuff.

Soooooo MCS detectives just happened to go on a road trip that includes camping out in front of CC's parents house, that includes a sightseeing tour a church, cemetary and hospital, all of which CC happened to also go to?

Riiiiight.....

Me thinks MCS is playing some mind games with CC to make him nervous & trip him up. Come on Chris, just confess!

No and it might be weeks waiting on test results. WTF!!!!!

Would be nice to know what exactly they are testing. An earlier report said they put a rush on the tests. Weeks is a rush??? Surely they have COD, even though we have neighbors reports, I'd like an official statement from MCS. They need to keep gently turning up the heat on this dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member