Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking up on all of the news about TL - don't forget her myspace death skull emoticon and her mood, "excited" - AFTER she knew that Sheri and the boys were dead!!!!!!!!!

Good point. I would love to hear TL's explanation about that!!!

Or she wouldn't let him get in her pants until he got the divorce moving (as far as she knew).

Well, the "in her pants" is a rather moot point considering he wasn't in Florida that much between the June 2008 (gets PO Box) date and the January 2009 (first documented threat received) date.

As the warrants indicated, a lot of it was sex messaging, etc.

So, my guess is he knew about her well before his trip to FL. He had seen pictures of her via SC, or the website, and at some point he got in touch with her and initiated things. Unfortunately, it all goes downhill from there . . .

Do we have a date for when CC went to FL as part of his job for JMM?

May be she really is cooperating with the authorities. I don't see the reason to have all her information out there just because we are curious. What needs to come out will come out at the trial.
JMO of course.
While I agree, I am still curious why it seems she has been off limits. The media doesn't take these things into consideration usually, they just want to be the one to get the scoop.

Why is she sacred? Amber turned out to be the star witness, yet once they caught wind of her, she had no choice, out herself or be outed. I just wonder WHO is protecting her. Is it somehow related to the ministries? It seems it must be somebody with enough power/money to control the media, which to me at least is quite intriguing. That's all.

I wish I could find another source, but I did read that CC started complaining about threats in November 2008:

Coleman was chief of security for Joyce Meyers Ministries, the multi million dollar corporation headed by television evangelist Joyce Meyers and her husband Dave. Since November of 2008, Coleman had complained of some kind of threats related to his work.

(source http://pysih.com/2009/05/22/christopher-e-coleman/ )

I guess the letters didn't start til January??

And I don't know about y'all, but after being a victim of a cheating spouse, I don't like any 'coincidences'....my own cheater made sure there were plenty of them.

My guess is that's what he was telling people, but the police didn't document the prior "threats" because he never turned them in. At some point someone may have questioned why he did not, or it might simply have been part of his plan to fake threats, but then he thought that it would help him more to have physical threats (i.e., actual notes / letters) for the police rather than nothing (i.e., simply his word).

Does that make sense?

• When investigators first contacted Lintz, she was already aware of the homicides, which were widely publicized. She told police she had spoken to Christopher Coleman the evening of May 4.

http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/787518.html (Bolded by me)

This confirms LE contacted her and she had made no attempt to come forward upon learning of the murders.

I wonder how she was informed of the homicides if she already knew of them when LE contacted her.

Or she wouldn't let him get in her pants until he got the divorce moving (as far as she knew).

LOL - GMTA. I was just thinking exactly that. Although then with her being a friend of SC, it amazes me she never mentioned the pending divorce to her (SC).

I think there is some of the mistress covering her own behind so as not to be pulled into it. But, I think there is a wide expanse between having the moral code that allows you sleep with a married man, a married man that is married to a woman you claim to be a friend of... I am not minimizing that... but there is a big jump to think that she knew he would kill his wife, kill his children, or that she would for a moment be involved in covering up such a crime.

I don't think anyone needs to applaud her for talking to the police and volunteering her computer and providing the new contact methods Chris is using, but those actions do seem to be of someone that had nothing to do with or any knowledge of harm coming to the family.

She seems like a shallow, lonely woman who doesn't think much of herself to, reflected by her actions and pinning her future on marrying a man that has shown you how sneaky he can be and how much he values his wife and family. She is fortunate in the fact that she saw how far he was willing to go to get what he wants before she was the new Mrs. and the new mom in his way. Had he been a bit smarter and actually pulled this off she would probably be a few years away from being the next victim.

If she was lawyered up and not cooperating I could place more anger and responsibility at her doorstep, but based on what I have seen I can't do that. The idea that Sherri and boys would be alive if she hadn't laid down with this guys is flawed logic to me. Chris wanted out and he didn't want to split assets, pay child support, or raise the boys. That wouldn't have changed whether he was F'ing this chick, another chick, or doing no one at all.

Agreed. If it wasn't TL, it would have been someone else.

Well, the "in her pants" is a rather moot point considering he wasn't in Florida that much between the June 2008 (gets PO Box) date and the January 2009 (first documented threat received) date.

As the warrants indicated, a lot of it was sex messaging, etc.

So, my guess is he knew about her well before his trip to FL. He had seen pictures of her via SC, or the website, and at some point he got in touch with her and initiated things. Unfortunately, it all goes downhill from there . . .

Do we have a date for when CC went to FL as part of his job for JMM?

I knew I'd read elsewhere about threat reports as early as November:

Chris and Sheri Coleman received threats related to his job as a Joyce Meyer Ministries security guard beginning in November, neighbors have said. Police investigating the murders found a message on the wall of the home, Granite City Police Maj. Jeff Connor, head of the Major Case Squad, confirmed.

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/story/777029.html

I don't know what the deal is, or how old the children have to be in the divorce. My mom and dad just finished a divorce, in STL. Sure my youngest brother is 26, but even so, they filed for divorce in February and recieved the final papers in April. So, it took them only 2 months, max. So, I guess, it all depends on where you go to file it. CC could have had his finished that quickly if he and his wife got married in STL as well.

They would have had to have it in the county the reside at the time of filing. Unless CC "moved" to the house in Affton and was claiming he lived in Missouri. And I believe one must live in Missouri for either 90 or 180 days to claim residency and file it there.

Also, he got the PO Box (why would he need one?) on June 30, 2008. In his car the police found a receipt. They also uncovered a bill for payment due on that box dated July 2, 2008 and a letter from St. Petersburg (presumably from Linz) dated January 24, 2009.

My guess is he knew her through SC. He wanted a new life and wasn't happy, so he started planning to do something sometime in early-to-mid 2008. Once he felt he had Linz in his back pocket, he got the PO Box to set up a confidential means of communication besides e-mail. In October, he kept thinking about killing or leaving so he did the refinance / quit claim on the house. By November, they were having the affair. At some point he decided what he was going to do, so he cooked up this whole threats thing. First threat came in January and another in April. Sadly, it was only a matter of time . . .

And you could make a case that he planned to kill all along. Once he got the PO Box in June 2008, he already started setting things up as early as July 2008 (i.e., spray paint), followed by October 2008 (i.e., refinance/quit claim), followed November 2008 (i.e., post-murder lover as sexual affair starts), and finally the last link by January 2009 (i.e., first threat).

I still cannot make sense of the refi/quit claim and SC willingly signing away her rights. Did it have something to do with that "get out of debt/manage your money" class they hosted in their home?

I also wonder if CC wasn't inspired by "real" threats JM received. Someone that well known is bound to have attracted attention from a few weirdos. CC would have known about those issues as COS.

Hey - when ya add the LOL post clicky (like the Thanks), can you add a RollsEyes clicky, too?

;)

I don't know IL law, but here an uncontested divorce with children takes at least 6 months and requires both parents take parenting classes during that time. A contested divorce with children can drag out for years.

There is no indication at all either one filed for a divorce. I have a feeling the June 14th date was the 6 month mark he made up from when he claimed to have filed.

I was divorced from my 1st husband in exactly 3 months from the filing date (noncontested and three children involved).

I still cannot make sense of the refi/quit claim and SC willingly signing away her rights. Did it have something to do with that "get out of debt/manage your money" class they hosted in their home?

At the beginning of all of this I kept saying to myself, "Eventually we will know more. Certainly SC has confided in someone." Now, my fear is that if she told anyone about the threats, reason for refinance, marital problems, etc. it was Linz. I hope she had other close friends besides Linz. My hope is that she was very close to other people, and he family, and that more comes to light.

I don't know what the deal is, or how old the children have to be in the divorce. My mom and dad just finished a divorce, in STL. Sure my youngest brother is 26, but even so, they filed for divorce in February and recieved the final papers in April. So, it took them only 2 months, max. So, I guess, it all depends on where you go to file it. CC could have had his finished that quickly if he and his wife got married in STL as well.

The children only apply in a divorce if they are minor children. You also have to file your divorce in the county you reside in, not the county you were married in. Here in STL you also have to go through a parenting course before a divorce with minor children would be granted.

My uncontested divorce with minor children in STL County is 1997 was filed in early August; and completed in late December - and the judge & attorney both said that was extremely fast. I wanted out & didn't care about anything other than getting custody of my kids, and the ex was all too happy to sign away since I asked for no alimony.

We haven't heard of any children that MM has.

About the Disney tickets found... when you prepurchase your Disney Tickets and/or when you make reservations to stay at a Disney Property they actually FedEx you your "Passport to the World" keys with the name of each individual person on the reservation printed on them. So if Sheri or one of the boys found them, they would know whether or not they were for them. I believe they were actually planning to go; but Sheri cancelled because she probably found out about MM.
Any idea when the boys told the teacher they weren't going in conjunction to the date of the murders? Anyone?

Has any of the trash rags even picked up on this story yet? I don't buy them, so I don't really pay attention to them at the store. I am a regular People reader and haven't seen it in there either - which is very strange. This is a case they'd normally be all over.
Don't know for sure, I'm not a rag mag peep either. Usually though someone on the board will either have seen one or purchased one and that's how I find out the mags have it. Sorry, I'm no help!!

Any idea when the boys told the teacher they weren't going in conjunction to the date of the murders? Anyone?

I was trying to figure that out yesterday. The last threatening note was exactly a week before the murders. The trip was supposed to be in mid-May. I'm thinking LE needs to go interview the teachers (unless they have already, which I would guess they did) to ask when the boys said they were no longer going. My bet would be right before the 4/27 threatening letter.

Looks as though the Ms. Lintz contacted police

Warrants: Coleman told girlfriend they'd marry next year; he had alibi for murders

Christopher Coleman told his girlfriend in Florida that he would marry her in 2010, and that he had an alibi for the murders of his slain family, according to search warrants obtained by the Post-Dispatch.

The girlfriend, Tara Lintz, was interviewed by police in St. Petersburg, Fla., in the days following the murders of Sheri Coleman and her two young sons on May 5. girlfriend admitted to investigators that she had sexually explicit communications with Chris Coleman via her cell phone, email, and social networking accounts. She said their sexual relationship began in November 2008.

<snip>He discussed the interview he had with the investigators concerning the death of his family. He told her, he did not commit the murders and had an alibi," an affidavit states.

Lintz contacted authorities after getting the email, the documents state.
So, the sexual relationship started in Nov. 08, wonder if there was any prelude, so to speak, to the sex or if that was how the relationship began........ curiouser and curiouser...........

I don't recall hearing this either Ginny....it would've been really easy for CC to get her password (via keylogger) & do it to further his 'psychos are harassing & threatening my familly' setup.

I bet LE already knows which IP addresses were logging into her account. ;)
OH! Good point! I'd bet you're correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member