Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the paper is owned by Willis.

Back in the late 80's there was a split in the 1st Baptist Church in Chester, IL. Roughly 25 people from the Baptist Church left and started what was called Grace Bible Church. They met at the old Night Hawk Tavern which had been closed down. They were in need of a Pastor.

RC had recently lost his job at a local Coal mine due to it shutting down. IIRC RC was bankrupt and looking for a new start. Long story short, Grace Bible Church hired him.

RC had grand plans of building a large church was was traveling around the St. Louis area mingling with large churches and trying to find a model to follow. For a while he tried to get in good with Grace Church in Maryland Heights, MO. but did not get the welcome he wanted. In his venture RC did stumble upon an emerging Televangelist JM, who befriended RC. That is the connection with RC and JM. That is how CC got his job with JMM after leaving the Marines.

In the mid 90's as I recall Grace Bible Church changed their name to Grace Church. Not sure of the exact reason for the name change but it occured at the same time that it went from a small church to what I would term a big business.

CC is the oldest of three boys. He was half raised when his parents got religious. As a preachers son He was expected to behave in certain ways, whether he agreed with them or not.

It is possible that CC never really was born again but rather lived a lie his entire adult life. When he and Sheri met perhaps she just a little like TL,(remeber, they were friends) so far as being a fun girl to be around.( I mean no disrespect here toward Sheri) Perhaps after they were married and CC went to work for JMM Sheri had a true religious experience and was genuinely born again. In this process perhaps she became less of the fun girl that he had married. Perhaps CC was looking for a more worldly woman and fell into the arms of TL.

Perhaps too, after years of living a double life CC just wanted out. Away from the good girl that his wife had become and really wanted someone like TL.

After years of watching the double standard set at Grace Church and to some degree at JMM, he probably really thought he could get away with it. Probably even thought that the world owed him.

Thank you - this post rings as true as true can be!

pres101, I love your musings as quoted above by several, in that it is speculation on your part, but quite possible, and not to be used as excuses but real insight into the ways of human nature, and especially CC. I did this type thing on a Casey Ant thread one time, using my own experiences of motherhood as insight into the possible how/why tot mom could kill Caylee. Good Lordamighty, I got reamed in no uncertain terms so I fully appreciate your post.

Sal! Welcome to WS.

I love your style!! So very glad you are here, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this case.

Lovejac, I absolutely adore your quote about "mean". :blowkiss:

Good evening! :seeya:

Coverage on Nancy Grace's show tonight ~

Bombshell developments: A look inside the state's case against father Chris Coleman. Were the victims, Coleman's own family, sedated? And what is holding up toxicology reports? Nancy Grace has the latest breaking news at 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

YEAH! PANTHERA!!! I don't have control of the TV! Glad you graced us once again! :blowkiss:

Hi Overburnz! Welcome to WS! I am soooooooo sorry for your loss! Sheri seems like she was a wonderful person - and beautiful inside and out!

And Miss Patti - I think I welcomed you to WS but I don't remember for sure! So this is for both of you:

Welcome.gif

Wanted to comment about employment and divorce in the church...

The Bible says those who are leaders in the church have an even higher standard than the rest of the congregation. This is because - and shouldn't surprise you - hypocrisy in the church turns people away from the Lord! For that reason, I think it is very important to make SURE your staff have hearts for the Lord! ITA that Sheri would have been able to be employed by JMM since she wasn't the one having the affair and would have been innocent in the matter.

Sal, I can see what you mean by just naming one sin in the employment contract - divorce. The contract would be better served if it stated the employee is to be submitted to the Lord and willing to repent when needed.

CC could have kept his job, I would hope. He would have had to repent for the affair (possibly affairs?) and work on reconciling his marriage with Sheri. It certainly wasn't the end all. He was just too evil to do the right thing!!!

I have the same problem with Joyce Myers being brought into this discussion. I see her as his employer and a family friend. I really wished they would just open a thread and discuss Joyce Myers, if that's what they want to do. I don't believe Joyce Myers and her teachings had anything to do with his decision to kill his family. I believe the holy spirit did try to show her some things about Chris but sometimes when we are close to someone or have known them a long time it's hard to see it. I know you believe CC is innocent, with the evidence I have see so far I believe he is guilty. I wish I didn't and if I see evidence to prove otherwise then I will change my mind.

I think many of us in here want to know what made this killer tick. JMM was a large part of their lives...there is no escaping that. While I really do not believe her ministry had a direct role in the murders, I think we should all keep an open mind about JMM. I still have a lot of questions about what involvement CC had with the house in Affton, which is owned by JM. I still have questions about the connection between JMM and the church in Chester. When CC was in Tampa, he was most likely part of the JMM entourage. To blindly ingore these things is not being reasonable. I, for one, would be very surprised if JM and JMM comes out squeaky clean in this whole ordeal.

Since we were debating if it was a skull ... it could also be a pirate ..nevertheless, here's something very close. In that photo, it appears the "bottoms" may have skull patterns all over it as well. Seems a popular trend in clothing .. the skull and/or pirate image.

http://www.funtocollect.com/hotpinkwithblackskulltriangletop.html

I'm sorry, really, but what does this have to do with anything? I could find pics of what my daughters wear/wore and I can promise you, they are great young women.

What am I missing or perhaps it's possible I'm simply more openminded as to what some may choose to wear. Heck, you should see me in my clothing gear. :)

I'm sorry, really, but what does this have to do with anything? I could find pics of what my daughters wear/wore and I can promise you, they are great young women.

What am I missing or perhaps it's possible I'm simply more openminded as to what some may choose to wear. Heck, you should see me in my clothing gear. :)

why do you gals do this .... trying to shame me after I post something that other people have discussed? it's NOT nice!... if you've been following, it's been discussed

there was a skull emoticon on TL's Myspace page with mood "excited" and it showed she logged in after learning of Sheri's death and her mood still was a black skull with the mood "excited"

Lindaannette posted that she'd looked up the meaning of "skulls" and no one razzed her! :mad::mad::mad:

Did I miss something?

It appears so. I am confused as to what a person chooses to wear, be it jeans or a bathing suit, has any bearing on a person. If there is, I'm in deep poop and I know I won't be alone.

why do you gals do this .... trying to shame me after I post something that other people have dicussed? it's NOT nice!... if you've been following, it's been discussed

there was a skull emoticon on TL's Myspace page with mood "excited" and it showed she logged in after learning of Sheri's death and her mood still was a black skull with the mood "excited"

Lindaannette posted that she'd looked up the meaning of "skulls" an no one razzed her! :mad::mad::mad:

Good grief..... Not going there.

Are you following the thread .. post-to-post .... ain't my problem if you've missed the picture/discussion of MySpace emoticons of skulls on TL's page

... you don't have to belittle me for what I posted ... :mad:

Are you following the thread .. post-to-post .... ain't my problem if you've missed the picture/discussion of MySpace emoticons of skulls on TL's page

... you don't have to belittle me for what I posted ... :mad:

If there is a problem with what I post, please take it up with the Mod here. That is all good and I trust their thought and opinion. Personally, I'm not "going there".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home