Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is trying to apply normal emotion to a sociopathic situation. Neither of them felt any guilt about Sheri. She felt entitled to get involved with her husband and he felt entitled to do anything he wanted including killing her and her children. IMO that was not motivated by not wanting to have a guilty conscience when he looked at the boys.

Plus the fact that the boys would most certainly have quite a few " I miss my Mommy" moments that would have to be dealt with!!! It would seem it could be a bit of an uncomfortable situation having to try to explain this away to the boys if you were. of course, involved in the murder of said mommy! So of course, killing the boys, would eliminate the possibility of all those "I miss Mommy" moments! :(

I agree that you cannot apply the "normal rules of emotion" to a sociopath. They simply do not think, feel, or behave as a normal person does. However, I can't agree regarding TL until we all learn a bit more about her. We know very, very little about this woman though it may become more open once June 10th is here and we learn more from this day at Court.

imvho

Speaking of the Preliminary Hearing....is anybody here at WS going to be able to go to it????????

It does seem really odd at the lack of communication between these families. Perhaps there has been reaching out and words/acts of love and comfort that we aren't aware of. I hope so. But the not calling Sheri's fam for 2 days, the going thru the house and taking things, the throwing out of memorials are things that are just beyond the pale. But as the song by Billy Currington goes, "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!" ;)

Speaking of taking things from the house...posts were made here on WS before about them having taken the boys clothes when they went to the house that day with the trailer and then giving them away to some of the members of Grace Church . You know, I could understand the going to the house and retrieving his "personal things" such as clothes and things like that which he would likely need to get by if he was going to stay with his parents....but I CANNOT for love nor money understand WHY they would take things belonging to the kids at that point and time. What need did they have to take these things? Why the rush to do that? Why wouldn't you leave those things to be taken care of at a later date? Surely the thought would cross their minds that Sheri's side of the family would have a right to lay claim to some of these things and they would just create more confusion by doing it the way they did!!

I'm not sure if anyone knows this but there's a Showtime series called Dexter. Dexter is a seriel killer who wraps his victims in saran wrap to restrain them before killing them. Makes me wonder if CC ever watched an episode.

"Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss."

I realize I'm probably preaching to the choir on this. But, whether they believed he was guilty - whether they believed he was justly or unjustly a suspect - there is honor. Sometimes, honor is inconvenient. Sometimes, it's painful. Sometimes, it's humbling. A family lost their daughter and grandsons. You would think decent human beings with an ounce of compassion would reach across the aisle, no matter how difficult it might be.

That's what the Hackings did, and I respect them for it. Watching them in the news, I could tell how horrible it was for them. But regardless of the incomprehensible reality of what their son had done, they knew that they weren't the only ones suffering. There was another high-profile murder here in Utah where the suspect's family started out that way; then, within days, they were implying that the victim sort of got what she deserved, because she was pushing her husband to get medical help for his depression/anxiety/anger, and his medicine made him unstable. He had gunned her down in a church parking lot, on her 30th birthday, in front of her mother. Very nice. It was the medicine. Right.

Some people can't find honor. I think it must be because they never had it, to begin with.

Problem is - no longer is there much honor or integrity in this country, or any other. There is no honor among thieves nor, from what I've been seeing, among the clergy, and I don't mean just in this case. Every decent thing in America has been undermined: Marriage; family; children; truth; dignity; and honor. As far as I'm concerned, this case, and the actions of the major players, just proves the point.

My opinion only

Howdy All,

Thanks for hopping in on a few of the questions I asked. Fran, thanks for the explanation on the Hackings and the link. Thanks to all who commented.

Interesting, Mark H's brothers "confronted him" and he told them what happened. I now recall that. I have hoped that Chris' brothers and family would confront him -- but perhaps they have. I have hoped that CC would confess, and spare everyone the agony that a lack of confession will bring -- unless of course, he he did not do it. Knowing what we presently know, the latter seems unfathomable. So much more will come out, maybe as early as tomorrow -- and we have had some people in here say that once it does, we will see just how clever CC was not.

DomCasual, you wrote:
>>You would think decent human beings with an ounce of compassion would reach across the aisle, no matter how difficult it might be.<<

And that is what makes this all feel so tremendously strange... Is this family really lacking in such compassion? We've had people say differently (one way and another.)

LindaDanette wrote:
>>In that regard, I can't imagine CC's parents, especially if they believe that he is innocent, not reaching out to Sheri's family - no matter what the "tone" of the relationship was - and offering their heartfelt condolences. It doesn't have to be "right" just honest - and honestly, how could they not be just devastated about those little boys.

I honestly cannot understand the dynamics in this case - probably because there's so much we don't know.<<

Certainly agree -- the dynamics are completely difficult to grasp.

In talking to my husband, he wondered if the defense attorney immediately advised all family members to shut up, say nothing, not one word, not to anyone. Is that possible? We do know that LE had CC in and being interviewed very quickly and that he had that attorney the first day. Someone had to have come up with the money to retain that attorney, and assuredly that attorney gave CC and whoever might have been with CC advice at the time. Is it possible that the attorney said, "The writing is on the wall" (no pun intended), "CC will be their one main suspect and if you have any hope for his defense, you had better shut up totally."

Is it possible that a defense attorney would go to that extent, would advise family not even to speak condolences to Sheri's family? And if they did, wouldn't a family argue that point -- wouldn't they suggest a family spokesman to read an agreed upon statement that was appropriate? Wouldn't that have been the greater wisdom?

To All,

If this whole case were not the nightmare that it is, then we hear a thought about Saran Wrap. That entire thought haunted me last night. I had to completely put that out of my mind, particularly as my beautiful 9 year old grandson spent the night. Sheri's boys were equally beautiful, so full of wonderful childhood life. The mere thought of any child being violated as Sheri's boys were, then even thinking of a possibility that Saran Wrap might have touched them, sickened me to the core of my being. I hope that we do not hear of any truth to that, what we have heard is already beyond the pale.

Tomorrow could be a very tough day. What are the possibilities that tomorrow could be changed -- that it begins with CC's attorney saying that he has confessed, next step without exposing Sheri and the children to any more humiliation?

Is anyone going tomorrow? Might we get some eye witness feedback from any of our WS'rs?

I'm not feeling the Saran Wrap thing....we all know how difficult it is to just get it to cooperate enough to tear off and wrap a piece of food, let alone a person.

I'm not feeling the Saran Wrap thing....we all know how difficult it is to just get it to cooperate enough to tear off and wrap a piece of food, let alone a person.

"IF" Saran Wrap was used, and we have no information that this is a fact at the moment, I do not think the last thing the murderer was thinking was how the wrap was torn off the roll. Or, the difficulty of it.

imvho

"IF" Saran Wrap was used, and we have no information that this is a fact at the moment, I do not think the last thing the murderer was thinking was how the wrap was torn off the roll. Or, the difficulty of it.

imvho

But he would have run into that when using it. And if he's anything like me, he would have ended up in frustration holding a useless wad of it. I hate the stuff.

Hi all! I've seen some folks who've perfected the fine art of saran wrapping and they get busy with that stuff. Perhaps this was a talent of CC's.

Speaking of taking things from the house...posts were made here on WS before about them having taken the boys clothes when they went to the house that day with the trailer and then giving them away to some of the members of Grace Church . You know, I could understand the going to the house and retrieving his "personal things" such as clothes and things like that which he would likely need to get by if he was going to stay with his parents....but I CANNOT for love nor money understand WHY they would take things belonging to the kids at that point and time. What need did they have to take these things? Why the rush to do that? Why wouldn't you leave those things to be taken care of at a later date? Surely the thought would cross their minds that Sheri's side of the family would have a right to lay claim to some of these things and they would just create more confusion by doing it the way they did!!

That's the part that gets me. If they didn't want their stuff, why give it away? Why did they not offer it to Sheri's family. Even if Chris told them to give it away, why didn't they just box it up? It could have been his grief talking and he would have regretted it later. To give their stuff away to strangers without asking Sheri's family if they wanted it was just mean!

I'm not understanding how the Saran Wrap would work either. The only way, in my mind, is if the victim (can't bring myself to personalize this...) were drugged or already murdered. I have a hard time wrapping it around anything larger than the wrap itself, like pizza, as it is!

But he would have run into that when using it. And if he's anything like me, he would have ended up in frustration holding a useless wad of it. I hate the stuff.

I hear you on the "stupid the edge is stuck, where is the edge" thing. :rolleyes: Bane to my existance and only use between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think I have had the same product for the last three years. Anywho... Perhaps, *if* some kind plastic was used, it was not on a roll and in a long box with goofy, useless sharp metal edge to tear. Is it possible, *if* any plastic was used, it could have been from the same place that can spray paint was bought? Plastic is plastic.

I looked up "Dexter" and I can't believe that this show even exists! I guess this is why I sleuth instead of watching TV. . .

Just reading about the scenarios that make up this series does make me wonder what CC was watching on those late nights at work. Could he have been trying to make it LOOK like a Dexter copycat crime?

Good Lord, can you imagine CC just dinking around the house, planning this thing and that, getting ideas here and there, just looking/acting as normal as can be - all the while plotting and planning and thinking this thru - perhaps running differing scenarios thru his head. Swear to goodness, we sure can be scary creatures. The facade of normalcy blows me away.

That's the part that gets me. If they didn't want their stuff, why give it away? Why did they not offer it to Sheri's family. Even if Chris told them to give it away, why didn't they just box it up? It could have been his grief talking and he would have regretted it later. To give their stuff away to strangers without asking Sheri's family if they wanted it was just mean!

I believe in most circles, it's called *CONTROL*. :waitasec:

Seems it may run in their family by what we've read. :rolleyes:

Just sayin'
fran

Where or when did we first hear of the saran wrap? This is the first I heard of it - and I can't understand the purpose of it unless he wrapped it around their heads to facilitate strangling them. But I'm sure they would have put up quite a fight - that innate fight or flight response.
Geez - I can't believe anyone could do that - it hurts just to type it.

Another thing - I haven't seen anything about this on the Astro threads. Does anyone know if they're looking at it?

As for the Saran Wrap, this may be way off, but, if he had been planning this and knew he were going to kill the kids, he could of made it a game "lets wrap you up and if you can't get out of it you have to sleep in it" My son would probably think that would be a fun game. This would keep them from fighting him while he killed them (i.e. DNA under finger nails, scratches on CC). Maybe he did see it on Dexter and it gave him the idea. That is if Saran Wrap were actually used. I am hoping not. This story is disturbing enough without that. I am a father of 4 young kids and can't fathom the thought of hurting them much less the other (can't even type it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viclime23