DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy All,

Got any thoughts on these things... In the search warrants:

Page 18, KD-5 ... anyone want to brainstorm this part:

>>... , Galls law enforcement magazine (found in storage room in northeast basement of 2854 Robert Dr.)<<

I'm heading to look at the webpage for Galls...

Also...same page, KH-7

>> ... Taser Citizen Training DVD, ...<<

Does anyone know much about tasing? When someone is hit with one, do they shout? What happens?

Some people make noise - some people don't. The majority of people can't move - it's like getting a bad shock. They will usually be laying on the ground unable to do anything. (Per Mr Who Knew who is LE)

Edited to add - generally when LE go for taser training, some of them experience an actual tasing. It's not pleasant per DH.

Hello Daisy,

Sorry about that link... I just fixed it, but here it is too.

That link goes to a cached Google page, the original bnd.com page is no longer available...but the Google cache has it.

Hiya Kimster,

Maybe you could ask your friend if it is possible to tase someone in such a way that they are not likely to shout, yet they would be stunned, stopped and/or unconscious. I don't know how these things work, was just about to read...

I've been trying to figure out if it was possible that CC used something that would render someone immobile and speechless, and that is how he was able to get the ligature around them without, maybe, waking up other family members. On the other hand, we don't know if he avoided this.

Okay, I emailed him and not sure when he'll get it!

Oh - and as for the Galls catalog - there's tons of stuff in there LE love to buy - he could have had it for things he needed for work, or just things he wanted. So, he could have received it just because he was in security. I think most LE have them laying around.

Hiya All,

Thanks Who Knew per the "Galls" -- but why might LE have grabbed that magaine in the SW, hmmm... It seemed to be in an out of the way place, I think (have to go back and read.)

Edited: "found in storage room in northeast basement"

Also...Kimster, I was just reading about how stun guns work... hmmm...

Hiya All,

Thanks Who Knew per the "Galls" -- but why might LE have grabbed that magaine in the SW, hmmm... It seemed to be in an out of the way place, I think (have to go back and read.)

Also...Kimster, I was just reading about stun guns work... hmmm...

I answered about the taser on the previous page. Mr Who Knew said individuals all react in different ways, but most are unable to move. Some may make a noise, some may not. He said there are other types of "taser-type guns" also - but in the "stunning", people are affected in different ways. However, very few are able to voluntarily move themselves after being hit with the charge. There may be involuntary movements. (He is LE and has been trained in their use.)

Hiya All,

Edited: "found in storage room in northeast basement"

Also...Kimster, I was just reading about stun guns work... hmmm...

BBM
It would be interesting to know if he typically kept magazines and catalogs - or if this particular one had a page marked or something. My DH keeps the most current catalog and throws the old ones away. Was CC a "hoarder"? I'm thinking he might have been since he still had the receipt for spray paint from a year before.

Howdy Who Knew,

Oops, I had missed your first message explaining the taser, thanks for repeating it and tell Mr. Who Knew thanks for chiming in with the info.

Good thinking about the possibility of the marked page. I'm trying to figure out the "why" on this one (per the Galls)... Surely there could be any number of reasons, just thinking...

I'm thinking that a stun gun or taser could have been used... Also, I'm wondering if there was an address label on that magazine that referred to a customer account number. Perhaps LE used that to call Galls and ask them for a list of products purchased by CC. Perhaps they could cross connect one of those products to something used in the commission of the crime.

Oh - and as for the Galls catalog - there's tons of stuff in there LE love to buy - he could have had it for things he needed for work, or just things he wanted. So, he could have received it just because he was in security. I think most LE have them laying around.

Firefighters get stuff from Galls too. I used to get those catalogs a lot when I was on a volunteer squad.

Hey Bluenotes,

Good to see you! Have you heard any more from anyone local on the prelim? Also, got any kind of clue when the transcripts for that might be available, or where they will be available from?

Howdy Who Knew,

Oops, I had missed your first message explaining the taser, thanks for repeating it and tell Mr. Who Knew thanks for chiming in with the info.

Good thinking about the possibility of the marked page. I'm trying to figure out the "why" on this one (per the Galls)... Surely there could be any number of reasons, just thinking...

I'm thinking that a stun gun or taser could have been used... Also, I'm wondering if there was an address label on that magazine that referred to a customer account number. Perhaps LE used that to call Galls and ask them for a list of products purchased by CC. Perhaps they could cross connect one of those products to something used in the commission of the crime.

You can't buy weapons from the catalog but you can buy things like pepper spray, handcuffs, etc. Also, they have all kinds of things for all types of officers, emergency responders, corrections - -

Code:
Today 12:23 AM 
Bluenotes Quote:

Firefighters get stuff from Galls too. I used to get those catalogs a lot when I was on a volunteer

My DH is always buying different holsters, handcuff cases, badge cases, etc - I'm guessing that anyone can buy the pepper spray, but if CC used that, I'm sure that there was a lot of noise made by the receivers of the spray.

I know they also have surveillance items - so that's a possibility.

Put your thinking cap on Wrinkles and give us your ideas!

Regarding the stuns guns....
If he used one of the smaller ones, or possibly even one of the larger ones before strangling his family it might explain why the children were in fact immobilized and Sheri fought... She was able to recover enough before he had the ligature around her neck.

Regarding the threats....
Wouldn't it just be a hoot if the prisoner or whoever CC may have been trying to set as the author of the threats has a rock solid alibi for the murders... like they are in jail.:)

Regarding the stuns guns....
If he used one of the smaller ones, or possibly even one of the larger ones before strangling his family it might explain why the children were in fact immobilized and Sheri fought... She was able to recover enough before he had the ligature around her neck.

Regarding the threats....
Wouldn't it just be a hoot if the prisoner or whoever CC may have been trying to set as the author of the threats has a rock solid alibi for the murders... like they are in jail.:)

Another thought along that line of thinking - If SC was "stunned", and she knew the kids were being stunned or had been already, IMO she could have "willed" herself to try and protect her kids. One of the things my DH said was that sometimes people who are crazy are hard to take down (I think what he said was that it has something to do with pain tolerance and sometimes crazy people are so focused on their particular agenda that they are unaware of personal injury)- if someone were trying to hurt my children or grandchildren, I would be 100% crazy and 100% Wonder Woman. I can see SC being able to fight her way to the kids - thus the marks on CC.

Hey Bluenotes,

Good to see you! Have you heard any more from anyone local on the prelim? Also, got any kind of clue when the transcripts for that might be available, or where they will be available from?

Thanks, you too. No, we have been out of town so I haven't seen or heard from anyone in awhile.
The case used to be reported almost every night, but it seems the thugs in St. Louis have been trying to earn back the "most dangerous city" title..there has been a lot of shootings lately, so those have been the top stories.

The two boys that held the garage sale to raise money for a memorial were given two signed jerseys (Albert Pujols and Yadier Molina) and baseball tickets by Tony LaRussa. I thought that was pretty cool of him to do.

DH has a long shift tomorrow and won't go to bed until I do - so guess I'll shut down for tonight.

Good night!

Hello Y'all,

I decided to cruise Chris Hayes notes on the prelim again (thanks Chris!)

These can be found here -- if you have not read them yet.

Puting the thinking cap on, Who Knew :) BTW, you look pretty cute in yours -- is that a tassle I see hanging from the back? :crazy:

I'm hoping all of you other late night sleuthers, will slip your cap on and brain with me too :)

Hiya Kimster,

Maybe you could ask your friend if it is possible to tase someone in such a way that they are not likely to shout, yet they would be stunned, stopped and/or unconscious. I don't know how these things work, was just about to read...

I've been trying to figure out if it was possible that CC used something that would render someone immobile and speechless, and that is how he was able to get the ligature around them without, maybe, waking up other family members. On the other hand, we don't know if he avoided this.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/06/should_police_have_tasered_72y.html

Not an easy thing to watch given her age ... This was on the today show Friday.

One other thing to consider, didn't someone say CC made dinner that night? Not sure if we discussed and dismissed that rumor? That would make the deed easier if they were drowsy or straight up asleep.

Hello Y'all,

I decided to cruise Chris Hayes notes on the prelim again (thanks Chris!)

These can be found here -- if you have not read them yet.

Puting the thinking cap on, Who Knew :) BTW, you look pretty cute in yours -- is that a tassle I see hanging from the back? :crazy:

I'm hoping all of you other late night sleuthers, will slip your cap on and brain with me too :)

Ah shucks.....:)
Wrinkles, you are the expert on taking everyone's notes and making sense of them!!! I will be on here early tomorrow to see what you've come up with! I admit, my thinking has gone off on another tangent with the talk of stun guns. In my mind, I can see one enormous battle as SC tried to protect her kids. OTOH, I really thought he had killed her first and one of the boys walked in on it. Now - I'm just corn-fused....... Help me!!!!:confused:

Till mornin'....

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/06/should_police_have_tasered_72y.html

Not an easy thing to watch given her age ... This was on the today show Friday.

One other thing to consider, didn't someone say CC made dinner that night? Not sure if we discussed and dismissed that rumor? That would make the deed easier if they were drowsy or straight up asleep.

BBM
OOOOhhhh - you are right. I'd forgotten about that.....thus, the meds in the bag???

OK - now I'm REALLY going to bed! :crazy:

You can't buy weapons from the catalog but you can buy things like pepper spray, handcuffs, etc. Also, they have all kinds of things for all types of officers, emergency responders, corrections - -

Code:
Today 12:23 AM 
Bluenotes Quote:

Firefighters get stuff from Galls too. I used to get those catalogs a lot when I was on a volunteer

My DH is always buying different holsters, handcuff cases, badge cases, etc - I'm guessing that anyone can buy the pepper spray, but if CC used that, I'm sure that there was a lot of noise made by the receivers of the spray.

I know they also have surveillance items - so that's a possibility.

Put your thinking cap on Wrinkles and give us your ideas!

Galls used to carry a lot more. IIRC they did carry stun guns and tasers at one time. I'm almost positive it was Galls who had them. I wanted to buy a small one for my mom to keep in her purse, but since I was not LE, I couldn't order one. You had to provide your dept. credentials to buy the police stuff. I know they used to carry those leather slap thingies (can't remember what they are called) and weighed gloves (weighted knuckles for added punching power). I knew some cops that had some of the gloves until their departments decided they couldn't use them anymore. Either the leather slap thing or the gloves could have easily knocked someone out. Maybe he had an old catalog. It's been at least 5 years since I have looked through one of their catalogs, so I don't know when they stopped carrying that type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member