Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation: a smaller task force will take over...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very respectfully, I do not agree that pediatricians, overall, in these days of HMO's and triple booked appointments, have the ability to tease out every (or even most) instances of emotional abuse. As a mandated reporter myself, I know it is a very difficult and sticky situation that is often met with derision by CPS toward the reporter. Unfortunately even those who suspect it are reluctant to report it as it is difficult to detect and almost impossible to prove if the abuser has much intelligence, and if not intelligence, at least street smarts (which most seem to have in abundance in my experience).

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I was a foster parent for many,many years. I cared for a whole lot of children, and almost 100 % of them had been abused in some way,shape or form. I reported to CPS so many times. I was always taken seriously, possibly because I didn't allow anything else. I have testified in court often... Most peds I dealt with were sharp,compassionate, aware people, very much on top of abuse situations. I was a foster parent when we lived in Marin County CA, and also in Alexandria VA. I didn't find any difference worth noting in the level of pediatric care I used...

All JMO

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I was a foster parent for many,many years. I cared for a whole lot of children, and almost 100 % of them had been abused in some way,shape or form. I reported to CPS so many times. I was always taken seriously, possibly because I didn't allow anything else. I have testified in court often... Most peds I dealt with were sharp,compassionate, aware people, very much on top of abuse situations. I was a foster parent when we lived in Marin County CA, and also in Alexandria VA. I didn't find any difference worth noting in the level of pediatric care I used...

All JMO

Truly happy that you have had positive experiences with CPS and God bless you for being a foster parent, one of the most important and difficult jobs in the world. I have had both positive and negative experiences but I think part of the issue is that I live and work in the most densely populated county of the most densely populated state. It's just overwhelming for these workers (and doctors) and I admire most of them for doing the best they can under very difficulty circumstances.

Hi, I don't necessarily think so Cluciano. If she is not a danger to anyone wlse, the crime being familial as LE led us to believe right away, time is on LE's side and they will wait till everything has come together before they arrest her.

Just as a note of local interest, I had my hair done on Monday at a little shop right past the Albertson's store on Beav. Hillsdale Hwy. It turned out the owner who did my hair has been very 'up' on Kyron's case and out of the blue she started talking about it.

She told me she had seen a series of photos of Terri that were definitely very blue or off color as one would say. They were shocking and it took her aback to see them. I missed them somehow.

We talked about the fact she has not been arrested yet, and this shop owner made a most interesting comment I'm still chewing on. That the deed was so well planned and carried out, and that Terri was so careful in covering her tracks and laisons, it is taking LE time to unravel what happened. Then she said take a look. She has been able to live for 3 months without being arrested, supposedly witnessed as the last one to be with Kyron that day. She's just darn good and either terribly clever or sociopathic.

I repeat this only for interest as it is her studied opinion.

xox

scandi! Juicy, juicy! I can't believe no one pumped you for anymore info about this encounter... where the heck did the hairdresser get to see the 'blue' TH photos???

C'mon, throw us a bone on a dreary Monday. It's gray over on this side of the river. ;)

Yes. I think he was caught with his pants down. I think he didn't expect (as he should have) that what he'd said at the breakfast meeting would be publicized. I think he took heat for it, and I'd bet that Shrunk is one of those who applied that heat, and I don't think, from what I've read, that Shrunk's heat is pleasant.

Staton doesn't, to me, come across well even when he's prepared. This press conference was unplanned, and as I said, I think after taking some heat.

He didn't do well at all. That's what I think we saw and heard. I think way more than is warranted is being read into it.

:cow:

Yeah I think it was something that had an effect on him personally, in his career and was not regarding info they found out about Kyron. JMO

ETA: Or something to do with his department, found out something about an officer or something. He seemed almost distraught and that's why I think it wasn't about Kyron. (unless of course they found Kyron)

scandi! Juicy, juicy! I can't believe no one pumped you for anymore info about this encounter... where the heck did the hairdresser get to see the 'blue' TH photos???

C'mon, throw us a bone on a dreary Monday. It's gray over on this side of the river. ;)

I'm getting my hair done on Friday so will have a good convo with her. I'm also going to ask if she belongs to any forums and invite her here. She amazed me with her knowledge of the case. ;}

She told me she had seen a series of photos of Terri that were definitely very blue or off color as one would say. They were shocking and it took her aback to see them. I missed them somehow.

Personally I thought the bodybuilder photo was shocking. Do you think she meant that? Ugh,, women body builders and when they pose... yuk.

BTW what does "very blue" represent/mean?

Personally I thought the bodybuilder photo was shocking. Do you think she meant that? Ugh,, women body builders and when they pose... yuk.

BTW what does "very blue" represent/mean?

'Blue' is an old-fashioned word for 'sexy', 'racy .. Not for polite company etc.

Dictionary:

16. characterized by or stemming from rigid morals or religion: statutes that were blue and unrealistic.
17. marked by blasphemy: The air was blue with oaths.
19. indecent; somewhat obscene; risqué: a blue joke or film.

I'm getting my hair done on Friday so will have a good convo with her. I'm also going to ask if she belongs to any forums and invite her here. She amazed me with her knowledge of the case. ;}

all right.. details, baby, details. LOL

'Blue' is an old-fashioned word for 'sexy', 'racy .. Not for polite company etc.

Dictionary:

16. characterized by or stemming from rigid morals or religion: statutes that were blue and unrealistic.
17. marked by blasphemy: The air was blue with oaths.
19. indecent; somewhat obscene; risqué: a blue joke or film.

Wow I'm not as old as I thought. I have never heard of this before. Thanks!

Very respectfully, I do not agree that pediatricians, overall, in these days of HMO's and triple booked appointments, have the ability to tease out every (or even most) instances of emotional abuse. As a mandated reporter myself, I know it is a very difficult and sticky situation that is often met with derision by CPS toward the reporter. Unfortunately even those who suspect it are reluctant to report it as it is difficult to detect and almost impossible to prove if the abuser has much intelligence, and if not intelligence, at least street smarts (which most seem to have in abundance in my experience).

I agree with you, wholeheartedly, nosysw. I guess it all depends on where the reporting is taking place, though. I live north of Detroit in the suburbs. I had a situation on my street where a 19 y/o mother of a 4 and 2 y/o was cursing her babies while drunk on a regular basis. Not only that, she had pitbulls that weren't vacinated and running at large on a regular basis. Wild parties that lasted all night, while her children were in her home. Not only was the police department called out more than 25 times, CPS was out on a regular basis. Several families with and without children tried to help. Many reported and nothing was done. I guess that situation just wasn't bad enough for the agencies and staff available that we have here.

As sad and frustrated as we all were inre to the situation...ALL of us were thrilled when she had to move off our street and we didn't have to worry about a no win situation anymore. I still think about and pray for those babies. Street smarts and a criminal family were behind this young mother. I doubt any ped doctor would have a clue as to the abuse the children are going through.

I've read the same - pics of her with two young girls, I believe, and that 2 people saw her in the stairwell outside Kyron's classroom after she 'left.'

Just as a note of local interest, I had my hair done on Monday at a little shop right past the Albertson's store on Beav. Hillsdale Hwy. It turned out the owner who did my hair has been very 'up' on Kyron's case and out of the blue she started talking about it.

I've read the same - pics of her with two young girls, I believe, and that 2 people saw her in the stairwell outside Kyron's classroom after she 'left.'

So, there are sex pictures of Terri with two young girls? Wowzer.

Just, can we have the link where you read about these pictures, and that two people saw Terri hiding in the stairwell?

TIA

Okay, I found a comment posted to a new story on the Oregonian that might be one of the sources of the rumor about hiding in the stairwell. This version of the rumor is just one child, not two people. And this version is 'hiding downstairs', not hiding in a stairwell.

August 27, 2010 at 12:12PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...on_horman_appears_i/4053/comments-newest.html

Can we get a link to the version with two people and a stairwell?

ETA: Any other versions also welcome. :)

Found two more versions of the hiding/stairwell story, but they're on a site that's banned. So only want links to sites that aren't banned please. If any are available.

My google-fu isn't bringing up anything on sex pictures of Terri with two young girls (or young girls, or girls), so if we could get the link to that story, it would be appreciated.

TIA

hi,

Your two comments don't really go together, so I'm confused. scandi originally posted:

And you reply that you have read the same-pics of her (TH) with two young girls.

You say you have read that there are photos of Terri being sexual with two young girls?
Can you please share where you read that?

You go on to say "and that 2 people saw her in the stairwell outside Kyron's classroom after she 'left.' " which isn't related to photos at all, unless you are suggesting that the photos are staged in the stairwell?

I'm interested in the information that sexual ('blue') photos of TH (with or without children in them) are floating around Beaverton.

PLEASE go and get your hair done TODAY!!! nails? buy shampoo?
anything!!! Go at lunchtime so she has more time...........LOL

Smaller task force..why? if this task force or those before you know something..bring it on..not to me but to yourselves...and to Kyrons"s family.....

PLEASE go and get your hair done TODAY!!! nails? buy shampoo?
anything!!! Go at lunchtime so she has more time...........LOL
Seriously! LOL Ya know what they say: "Only your hairdresser knows for sure."

Fundraiser set for early October

By Jim Redden
The Portland Tribune, Sep 28, 2010

“We believe this will be a more efficient use of Law Enforcement's resources and it shows a continued dedication to finding Kyron. We appreciate all that the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has done so far in looking for our son and we will continue to root for them in all that they do to help us find him,” Kaine Horman and Desiree Young wrote in a Sept. 28 email to reporters. It was also sent out under the name of Young’s husband, Tony.

The email also thanked Clear Channel for donating billboards throughout the Portland area to the search effort.
(more)

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=128569864939590200

My note: Jim Redden is a great investigative reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668