Sheriff: Two missing men found dead in Claiborne County, TN - investigation underway

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Knox

Reaction score
CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — A homicide investigation is underway after two men who had been reported missing in Claiborne County were found dead Friday morning.

According to Claiborne County Sheriff Bobby Brooks, deputies began searching for the men after they were reported missing on Wednesday.

Around 2 a.m. Friday, family members of the men found them dead in the Rock Ridge area of the Clairfield Community. The men had reportedly been scrapping in the area.

The bodies were taken to the Knox County Regional Forensic Center for autopsy.

The identities of the men aren't mentioned in this story, I'll seach for more information. But this caught my eye as it sounds similar at this point, to the Okmulgee Four.

CLAIBORNE CO., Tenn. (WVLT) - Two men were found dead at the old Kopper Glo Mine in Claiborne County Friday morning, according to Sheriff Bob Brooks.

Brooks said the two men were reported missing by their family on Wednesday and it was their family that found them around 2 a.m. on Rock Creek Road in the Clairfield community.

The men, whose identities have not yet been released, had been scrapping in the area, according to Brooks.

Kopper Glo Mine is an old coal mine, from what I gather.

1719803386952.png
Brooks said the two men were reported missing by their family on Wednesday and it was their family that found them around 2:00 a.m. on Rock Creek Road in the Clairfield community.

Robert - Hatfield Robert

Nathan -https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089418902575

I wonder if scrapping at the abandoned Kopper Glo Mine is related to their deaths? Nathan was arrested back in September 2023 for meth, so could be drug related? Whatever the case, they didn't deserve to die. They are greatly missed by their families, hopefully whoever killed them will be arrested soon.

CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Tenn. — A sister is pleading for justice after the Claiborne County Sheriff's Office said a double-homicide investigation was underway when two men were found dead on June 7.

On Monday, the sheriff's office identified the victims as Nathan T. Hamblin, 46, and Robert T. Hatfield, 51. Authorities said they found the bodies just days after the two men were reported missing.

In the Clairfield community, questions still remain about what happened to Hamblin and Hatfield.

"It's obviously not only a shock to me, but to this community itself," said Leeann Bills, Hamblin's sister.

She said Hamblin was a friend to many and a helper to the community.

"Nathan was the most kind-hearted person. He was just an easy person to be around," she said. "I was raised in the same household as him. His mother adopted me when I was very young."

Bob Brooks, the Claiborne County Sheriff, said Hamblin and Hatfield were reported missing on Wednesday — two days before the men were found.

"Nathan and Robbie have been friends since childhood," Bills said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigi2023
Back