Sheriff's Office Asks Media for Questions/Presser on July 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to 'yell'.

Like I said before, we'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.
sorry for yelling and yes, I agree that we disagree.

LE has nothing to do with how the public is responding. And their investigation should not be judged on how the public is reacting, how the media is reporting, what the family is independently saying, etc. They have officially and publically distanced themselves from all of the previous things I mentioned.

eta: LE has not caused "damage". Moo.

ONLY presser I'm interested in hearing at this time is Kyron had been found..Hopefully alive..JMO

For me, it would be that Kyron has been located (yes, hopefully alive) and the person(s) responsible are under arrest!

sorry for yelling and yes, I agree that we disagree.

LE has nothing to do with how the public is responding. And their investigation should not be judged on how the public is reacting, how the media is reporting, what the family is independently saying, etc. They have officially and publically distanced themselves from all of the previous things I mentioned.

True.

LE calls the shots, they are at the center of all of this. I don't know what the answer is, I just know this stuff has got to stop, or at least be reined in somehow.

Not just in this case, but a number of cases over recent years have disturbed me greatly in how the presumed suspect is crucified before they are even arrested. Worse are the ones who are innocent, but because of LE's word games and the media and public circling like sharks, their lives are ruined.

I don't like to see this even with those who are guilty (and maybe especially those who are guilty). I want to know these people receive a fair trial with the most vigorous defense possible. I don't want to see them walk because an appeal down the line determines their trial was unfair, the defense slack, the prosecution sloppy. I'd also like to know if me or mine are (God forbid) ever accused of a horrible crime, that we'd have a chance at a fair trial and not have to worry that some idiot out there worked up over hyperbole on the internet and media is going to be judge jury and executioner.

Terri is probably guilty of being involved in Kyron's disappearance in some manner. Or having knowledge of what happened---or maybe putting him at risk without realizing what she'd done. Something, I'm sure. I am still on the fence because regardless of how odd her behavior and how destructive her 'coping' may be, I've not seen anything yet that would cause me to vote 'guilty' if I were sitting on her jury. I may never see enough evidence to that effect; the damning blow might not even be revealed until trial (if it even comes to that).

This rabid-dog behavior on the internet and in the media (admittedly toned down to a point) bothers me a LOT. I can't help but think that IF she is factually innocent, her life is over. She'll go through the rest of her life with many people believing she killed Kyron. And that is wrong. That doesn't take away from the greater tragedy of whatever happened to this child, but it's a tragedy in and of itself. And if she's guilty, it risks the chance that she'll get a fair trial, and that the verdict will be upheld on appeal.

Like I said, I don't know how to turn back the clock to the days when the kind of thing we're seeing here and in other cases was the exception, not the rule. With the internet, it probably can't be turned back. But I believe the effect can be dulled to a point and that has to start with LE.

I hope that made sense.

I am confused...is there a press release tomorrow and a press conference on Tuesday?? :(

PS- I too hate the idea of cases being "tried" by public and media before anyone is charged or even after they are charged, before a trial. I think this "internet" undercurrent is going to become a factor in big cases as far as seating unbiased juries. I cannot imagine there is an impartial jury to be had in Florida for the CA case. And this one could turn out to be much the same, if Terri is eventually charged. The things I have read on various sites, many, many people believe that all rights should be suspended in this case, as it pertains to Terri, and that is very scary to me. I think her lawyer is probably making note of the various threats, debates, etc. that can be localized to Oregon especially. I understand the emotion that comes out when a child is at the center of a case, but legal rights and presumption of innocence should be a given.

This sort of thing could come back to not be so helpful to prosecution if they have to bear the expense of a trial in a faraway county, whether they fanned the flames or not.

These days you will very rarely, if ever, hear LE naming anyone a suspect until they have them in custody and ready to indict them. LE all over the country have gotten in some very hot water for publicly calling people suspects and it turned out they were innocent. They just don't do that anymore. It's a new day, new rules. Best to accept it.

In the general area where I live I hear police naming persons of interest quite often. In fact just today I heard that the third person of interest in a recent murder has been arrested. So I think they do still name persons of interest. But I think they make sure they have some pretty solid evidence before doing so.

Wasn't there supposed to be a press conference today?

Are we moving here from last thread? It literally went poof. Scared the heck out of me. I thought Websleuths had crashed, and then thought I had got banned for a moment and was thinking what did I do? Then figured out the thread was moved, whew!

Are we moving here from last thread? It literally went poof. Scared the heck out of me. I thought Websleuths had crashed, and then thought I had got banned for a moment and was thinking what did I do? Then figured out the thread was moved, whew!

This is where I have landed...thinking maybe we will hear something soon about the answers that were to be released? :waitasec:

bbm

me too:angel:

Waiting waiting waiting for the "alleged" press release (that will surely be filled with information from "unnamed sources" and that old standby, "no comment") :drink:

Why haven't we received anything yet?! Really want to know what LE has to say....

Here's the plan:

I'll start making dinner.
And then the SO will publish it's answers.

Ready....
Here I go....

Let's see...:waitasec: what shall I make? Hmmmm...first stop- the garden. oh this zucchini is getting too big, and lookie at that summer squash - there's a couple of green peppers, and I'll pick the five ripest tomatoes...good thing I have eggplant in the fridge, onions & garlic in the basket... wait need some fresh basil and ..... in we go! Big pot, olive oil heated, basil onions & garlic in, wash wash chop chop ....

(pssssstttt....is it working yet?) ...

Here's the plan:

Ready....
Here I go....

Let's see...:waitasec: what shall I make? Hmmmm...first stop- the garden. oh this zucchini is getting too big, and lookie at that summer squash - there's a couple of green peppers, and I'll pick the five ripest tomatoes...good thing I have eggplant in the fridge, onions & garlic in the basket... wait need some fresh basil and ..... in we go! Big pot, olive oil heated, basil onions & garlic in, wash wash chop chop ....

Wow - sounds great! Set a place for me at the table too!

Here's the plan:

Ready....
Here I go....

need some turnip greens, grits and cornbread with that menu!

Here's the plan:

Ready....
Here I go....

Sounds like Ratatouille - my favorite go-to vegetarian dish :) Bon Appetit!

Here's the plan:

Ready....
Here I go....

Pssst...

I've been saying that for 2 hours.

Think we have a problem lately? Anything noticeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman