Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
i voted that i don't care. i was married to a violent sociopath for almost 20 years and having managed to live through that experince, i can guess that counseling for kc would be a "huge waste!"

What for?

You can't cure a sociopath. Therapy won't help.

Casey is what she is. She needs to stay locked up and away from future victims.

I'm curious to know what type of of medication, name of, is offered to criminals in jail? Does the court psychiatrist prescribe what would be apprpriate for KC to take? Is it a jail doctor who has a standard med he gives to all felons showing signs of agitation, agression, anxiety? I wish I new what medication was dispensed!! The type of med given could give a slight clue as to her true emotion after finding out about Caylee.

I voted that I really don't care. I'm not sure that counseling would help her at all. First, she more than likely suffers from a personality disorder and from what I've read those aren't very responsive to treatment unless the patient really really wants to change. KC proclaims her innocence, she says she is in good mental health according to her testing done prior to bail.
I really don't care what she does, or what happens to her after the trial. I, honestly, do not foresee that KC will ever admit she did this to Caylee. I also don't think that she will have any problems transitioning to prison life. I also don't think that she will ever give Caylee another thought after she is sentenced (god willing). She just won't suffer IMHO.

I don't think Casey will have problems adjusting to prison life either.

I agree she won't give Caylee another thought.

IMO

From what I have seen of Casey, I don't believe she would benefit from counseling. She lacks insight (what an understatement!) and doesn't appear to want to change (or see the need to.) She needs more than any "therapy" has to offer her, IMO.

she (re)found Jesus last week. honestly i'm not j/king - it's on a thread somewhere.

Well glory to god and hallelujah! and on a personal note, if it's "really real", we should be seeing a confession in the very near future!

Counseling is not recommended for Sociopath's because they have an incurable personality disorder, not a mental illness. The only recommendation for those with incurable personality disorders is incarceration. That seems to have a limited affect on changing their behavior though, but it does protect the public from their predatory ways.

There are studies hoping to find a possible treatment. But they've had extremely limited success.

ETA: I have my doubts about the supposed successes. IMO, it's professionals who have been conned by sociopath's.

(My bold.) Yes, indeed. And Ms Casey has taken down how many with her?

I voted that I Do not CARE....and I don't...What good could it do? She would only try to manipulate those who were trying to help her and possibly bring harm and discord into their lives.....as she has to everyone else's that she has touched....

Nope. Huge waste. For counseling to be effective, she'd have to first take responsibility for her actions, and that ain't gonna happen.

If by some miracle she does have a true come to Jesus moment and faces the horror of what she's done, she won't need counseling; she'll need a strong pair of kneepads. I might chip in for those.

besides that, if she had a male counselor, I won't even go there, it's too *advertiser censored*.

I could not care less about Casey having counseling or anything else while in prison. I say give her a steady supply of bologna sandwiches and water, clean underwear once a week, and a shower now n then...call it good. She is in jail for a reason. She needs to get used to it. No time like the present!

I agree, SS. Plus, it would just a waste of time and money that could be used elsewhere.

I think she needs it, but what it really comes down to is what would be the point? She will hopefully never have any need to use her newfound coping skills or whatever benefit counseling would have for her. She would just get a new peson to practice her manipulation skills on, a training for the parole board if she ever gets that far.

I don't think Casey is evil; I think she's mentally ill. Therefore I would like it if she could receive counseling while in jail. While she's incarcerated, she might as well do something constructive. I do realize I sound like a sympathizer, but I really do feel sorry for her. It's obvious that there's something mentally and emotionally wrong with her, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Nah, she's not mentally ill, just evil.

Is it just me or does everyone here have Post-Sociopath-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder? .... are there more of them then there are of us, because it sure seems like we just may be outnumbered.

Maybe counseling will help her see more what wrong means and how very stupid and shallow she has been--such as making goofy hand signals in clubs while partying at the same time her daughter was asleep in a trunk and later died in a trunk of a F^$$@# car.

Counseling for Casey would be a mental exercise. She'd be the cat and the counselor would be the mouse.
On the other hand, maybe she should be forced to have counseling because it may give researchers more insight into the mind of a sociopath.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back