Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

• Yes, it should be televised, locally.

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

Votes: 118 27.1%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

Votes: 110 25.3%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

Votes: 168 38.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am no by no means a CA fan at all. But, I will give her the credit to this in good taste. I don't think she will try to profit off the memorial. I think she is figuring this is her last chance to show the public her not so controlable side. Let her and GA grieve. Casey deserves no access. Should I be wrong, I hate to see the public reaction.

I am all for broadcasting it nationally if the major news channels broadcast it for free. I don't think the rights should be sold to broadcast it but if the news media is allowed in for free to broadcast it then I think that would be fine and give all the interested folks a chance to participate in the memorial.

I voted yes it should be broadcast Nationally. Here is the reason why.
For one it's a Memorial, not the Funeral itself and there is a difference. I feel the funeral should be private. As for the Memorial, I feel that so many from across America, Canada and other places came to search for Caylee, donated money for her search, did their own P.I. work - still to this day there are people out there fighting for justice for Caylee, and everyone needs closure as well. (With the exception of Casey) I think in honor of Caylee we should all unite one more time in Caylee's name and say goodbye. As for all of Cindy's shenanigans, well no matter what the case is, Cindy will always be up to something. I don't think people should make money off of Caylee, but it's to late for that. Nobody is going to come forward and admit it, but I assume over $200,000 "plus" was made off of Caylee last year and I also noticed the new pictures NG has of Caylee as an infant. I will leave it at that. I feel most important of anything else that justice will be served for Caylee and that Caylee have a big beautiful "Memorial" with everyone from across the nation to be able to take part in and say goodbye.

No one saying 'funeral' being filmed/televised.

This is a "public memorial", & I doubt you can give a media "exclusives" to it.

"Exclusive" rights to film or take pictures are SOLD all the time.

If NO "exclusives" happen, I don't object.

I agree, with a big but-I don't think the memorial should be broadcast if there is ANY chance that that KC, JB, or the A's are receiving any $, either directly or thru some third party.

I also doubt that CA is as in charge of this as the media is stating....JB and KC still have control and I believe they may be letting CA play at deciding things about the service to placate her, but this will be done exactly as JB wishes, to shine the most flavorable light on KC- look for speeches at the memorial about what a wonderful mother KC was, how much she loved Caylee, how heartbroken she is not to be there, etc, etc, etc.....JMO

Speeches re: KC=wonderful mother would definitely change the tone of the memorial to something many wouldn't be comfortable with.

I am 100% for the public memorial being televised nationally. IMO, people came from all over the USA to search for Caylee, and based on the "tentative" plans for the public memorial, chances are very slim for these people or others to attend the public memorial with no "concrete" advanced notification of the date.

Regarding Casey and the families "private" funeral service at the jail; I don't care one way or another as they all know it will eventually get out in the public.

I believe that funerals are for the living, not the dead. Caylee has become special to so many of us who have absolutely no way to make it to the memorial service. I believe the service should be televised. JMO.

How do you have a "public memorial" without announcing it ??

That's just it. I don't think the memorial service should be public. You'd think with GA's recent go around in the hospital they'd want to have a private memorial service, rather than public.

I just don't like it - can't help the way I feel.

NO!!!!! Caylee's memorial service should absolutely not be videotaped!!! Media members should be welcome to attend, but no pictures, no note taking. If they feel compelled to report on what went on at the service, they can do so from memory. Why? Because if they are attending Caylee's service, it should be to grieve and mourn and pay their respects to Caylee - not to ride the Caylee circus frenzy.

I would love to attend Caylee's service. Unfortunately, I can not. I can easily put aside my own selfishness, out of respect for Caylee and my desire to see her treated with dignity. I can pay my respects to her sweet memory in many ways - by sitting in a park here in the town where I live, and looking at pictures of her, or just thinking of her and of life, reading poetry, praying in my own unique way.

The cost to Caylee's dignity is too great for her memorial service to be televised with the circus that would inevitably surround it. There is nothing about my desire or need to attend or watch her service that warrants that cost.

Caylee has been disrespected far more than enough. It needs to stop.

MOO

:clap::clap:

I have read this thread and am in total agreement with you, BeanE! This is exactly how I feel and it will not change!

It can't ..

The right to be the only one to take pictures or film CAN be bought and sold.

If this doesn't happen I think televising the event is fine.

Are any Celebrities been asked to attend or be a part of the memorial Sevice? If this is the case W/S posters will know where this case is going? Also have any of our wonderful LE ditectives been invited to attend? I'm sure they willl need the direction of LE on that day as the A's have needed them over the years. Is Lee working on the parking arrangements? I'll time out myself for that last comment!

"Exclusive" rights to film or take pictures are SOLD all the time.

If NO "exclusives" happen, I don't object.

yes they are to 'private' events....this is not a 'private memorial' or CA would be sending out 'private invitations', & have some control of the media.

Since it's 'public', seems like the 'media' only can indeed make a 'circus' out of it.

The right to be the only one to take pictures or film CAN be bought and sold.

If this doesn't happen I think televising the event is fine.

Well, I see this as CA's last opportunity to try to redeem the family's image in the public's eye. She can't erease their past shenanigans with LE, TES, and their media blitz-but, she can start to show that now that Caylee has been found and laid to rest that they are coming to terms with reality. Hopefully she won't use TB and his PR firm as consultants!:waitasec:

That's just it. I don't think the memorial service should be public. You'd think with GA's recent go around in the hospital they'd want to have a private memorial service, rather than public.

I just don't like it - can't help the way I feel.

I think it doesn't matter what the A's do, looks like 50% will think it's wrong.

I doubt the A's can control media, as I'm sure 'media' is searching for GA's new hospital as we speak......& web cams being planned at the church, in anticipation of any 'public memorial'.

I'm just going to throw this out there for "food for thought". How many of us watched the funeral, not public memorial, but funeral for Princess Diana? This was televised in order for the entire world to be part of the funeral, to grieve, to pray to be a distant part of Princess Diana. I can remember the funeral being televised for President Kenndy etc., etc.

Televising Caylee's memorial (NOT funeral) will help people from all around the world start to heal.

I also believe that the media knows how to behave and respect Caylee's public memorial.

I'm just going to throw this out there for "food for thought". How many of us watched the funeral, not public memorial, but funeral for Princess Diana? This was televised in order for the entire world to be part of the funeral, to grieve, to pray to be a distant part of Princess Diana. I can remember the funeral being televised for President Kenndy etc., etc.

Televising Caylee's memorial (NOT funeral) will help people from all around the world start to heal.

I also believe that the media knows how to behave and respect Caylee's public memorial.
I knew people were goning to compare this to Princess Diana! There is no comparison! This is a murdered child who's life was cut short from dreams of wanting to be a princess. I understand how many of us in society would love to see her little bones respected but not in such a gradios way that has been displayed so far from the family. I would love to have John Walsh comment on this. :banghead:

I think the memorial for Caylee should be televised. However, I don't agree with any money exchanging hands at all. I can't vote because that option is not there.
I feel that as long as the media memorializes Caylee in the right way, and what I mean is, not focusing on who is there, and what they are wearing, then it should be okay for them to do it. I would love to see a man of God give Caylee her last rights on this earth, only because she not only deserves them, but because the nation who loves her, deserves to feel peace in their hearts. We as a nation will not know she is buried with the respect and dignity she deserves because we will not be welcomed to see it for ourselves. At least this way, we can see with our own eyes that finally she is given some respect from a place she was taken away from before her time.:blowkiss:
ETA:
I personally prefer that her remains not be a part of a public memorial, and truly could care less if GEorge, Cindy, or Lee attend. I would prefer them bury Caylee together without a crowd. That, I feel is personal.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back