Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

• Yes, it should be televised, locally.

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

Votes: 118 27.1%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

Votes: 110 25.3%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

Votes: 168 38.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely it should NOT be broadcast no matter what. For Gods sake, this isnt a freak show. Lets give this little girl the respect she deserves since her own mother didnt care!
Sorry thats how I feel.

I have mixed feelings about this. In one way, I would love to see a beautiful tribute made to this innocent child but in another I'm afraid it will be all about the Anthonys and not so much about Caylee. If they would keep the cameras off of CA, GA, and LA then maybe it would turn out to be FINALLY ABOUT CAYLEE.

The memorials of a lot of famous people have been televised, not to say that Caylee is a celebrity, but there were no cries in those cases about it being disrespectful or of dishonoring the deceased. I think it's a wonderful tribute to little Caylee that so many people want to "be there" if only through their television sets to say goodbye to this sweet little angel.

There is a difference between the public memorial and the private funeral. People seem to be confusing the two on this thread.

Absolutely not.

Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to read "Should Caylee's Public Memorial Be Televised?"

In my opinion, a funeral is quite different than a memorial. Plus since there is discussion about there being both a public and a private memorial service, it is a bit confusing as to which service is being discussed here. :blowkiss:

Personally, I don't see a well known Church who already broadcasts a Sunday Service, allowing money to change hands with the media for the purpose of sharing this Memorial with those around the Nation who loved her and can't be there. The Anthony's don't own this church, and the Pastor has already stated that the Memorial is for the purpose of facilitating the Healing Process for everyone that has become involved, in some way, in the loss of such a precious life. I do not see any indication that the Church is organizing this service as any sort of a money making venture.

I have watched many televised Memorial Services over the years, and there was no hue or outcry at any time because a Memorial Service of a celebrity, or politician was broadcast around the world. Yes, if Caylee's Public Memorial is televised my Family will watch and pay our respects to Caylee. No, I don't feel this demeans her memory in any way. If there was a local service here we would attend, but many of us are far, far, away from The Land of Sunshine so this will be the only opportunity of this kind to be able to participate in some sort of tribute to the memory of a little girl who brought so many people together.

Again, simply my 1.9 cents on the issue ;)

I feel the same way that you do. If it is televised or on UTube I just don't want to hear anyone...afterwards... talk about George or Cindy in a negative way. That isn't the point of a memorial service but I'm afraid that is what will happen.

I have a feeling this is going to be a real circus and I wouldn't be surprised to see Caylee memorabilia being sold because I'm sure there's just so many requests for it. :furious:

I agree..Whatever Cindy is planning is all for "exclusive rights" down the road on Dateline or 20/20...There is absolutely no reason why they waited this long for a memorial service. You dont have to have poor little Caylee's casket there..That poor little girl is in heaven and everyone here on earth thinks about her, and prays for her.
I remember watching Laci's service and seeing that big screen with all those pictures of her..
I wonder if Cindy will include the picture of KC and her brother high-fiving each other for all the grieiving world to see. I am being sarcastic because I try so hard to feel sorry for these people, but they just really get on my nerves. :banghead:

I feel the same way that you do. If it is televised or on UTube I just don't want to hear anyone...afterwards... talk about George or Cindy in a negative way. That isn't the point of a memorial service but I'm afraid that is what will happen.

If g and c act right and do nothing but honor Caylee.....they won't be talked about. It would be a huge relief to me if they do.

I have a feeling this is going to be a real circus and I wouldn't be surprised to see Caylee memorabilia being sold because I'm sure there's just so many requests for it. :furious:

I don't see that happening. Remember...this is George and Cindy's granddaughter who they are having this memorial for. I'm sure that they are both numb over the loss of Caylee. The last thing they are probably thinking of is selling anything at her service. You just don't do things like that in the house of God anyway. Being at the service is going to be really hard for both of them. I'm sure their whole focus will be on little Caylee.

The memorials of a lot of famous people have been televised, not to say that Caylee is a celebrity, but there were no cries in those cases about it being disrespectful or of dishonoring the deceased. I think it's a wonderful tribute to little Caylee that so many people want to "be there" if only through their television sets to say goodbye to this sweet little angel.

There is a difference between the public memorial and the private funeral. People seem to be confusing the two on this thread.

Chilly -

The public has made them all celebrities I'm afraid. :(

I had mine on Dec.-11-2008.I cried,lit a candle and said a prayer for Caylee to be safe in loving arms. I DON'T NEED A TELEVISION SHOW!!!!

how about a new cable channel for memorials and funerals? :waitasec:

Are any Celebrities been asked to attend or be a part of the memorial Sevice? If this is the case W/S posters will know where this case is going? Also have any of our wonderful LE ditectives been invited to attend? I'm sure they willl need the direction of LE on that day as the A's have needed them over the years. Is Lee working on the parking arrangements? I'll time out myself for that last comment!

No one is invited to a public memorial because it is for the public and anyone can attend. I'm sure that LE will be there by the dozens. We may not know who they are though. I would bet they feel the same way about Caylee as we do.

I give George and Cindy a lot of credit for having the public memorial for Caylee. They didn't have to do this. They could have just had their private service and that is all. This tells me that they realize how many people fell in love with little Caylee during the months she was missing. I look for this memorial to be very silent with respect from everyone there. This is about Caylee and I don't think it will be any kind of circus.

Who knows, there was very little info in the first post...

Seems to me even tho' the church is 'pre-wired' doesn't mean 'media' def. gets to hook up.

As I just posted maybe Cindy picking this church simply because it seats 5000,........I think we need to have 'final plans' before passing judgement.

I think if George and Cindy are against having the memorial video taped the Pastor will honor their wishes. This is their granddaughter and the final say about everything to do with the memorial should be theirs. I am going to think positive about the way this memorial will go. I don't believe for a minute that the Anthonys will do anything but sit there and grieve for Caylee.

I won't watch it. I couldn't.

I feel so certain that G, C & Lee will make the service about themselves, how hard it's been on them etc, and I could not stand to see that.

I also think they will be carrying on about how much Casey loved Caylee, and will use the opportunity to put pro-Casey propaganda out there and perhaps tell a few more mis-truths. I do believe they will have an agenda.

So, no I won't be watching. I said good-bye to her when the BP service was on and if Rev G or someone else had one for her, I'd watch that, but won't watch one that I think is about getting Casey off, more than it is about memorializing beautiful Caylee.

If anyone speaks...family and friends...at the memorial they will talk about Caylee and who she was...what she was like...their memories of her. The memorial won't be about any of the Anthonys with the exception of Caylee. That is what memorials are for...to celebrate the life of the person and share memories. People may not talk at all because it may be to hard for them. I think she will have a beautiful memorial and people will honor Caylee and who she was.

No one is invited to a public memorial because it is for the public and anyone can attend. I'm sure that LE will be there by the dozens. We may not know who they are though. I would bet they feel the same way about Caylee as we do.

I give George and Cindy a lot of credit for having the public memorial for Caylee. They didn't have to do this. They could have just had their private service and that is all. This tells me that they realize how many people fell in love with little Caylee during the months she was missing. I look for this memorial to be very silent with respect from everyone there. This is about Caylee and I don't think it will be any kind of circus.

If anyone speaks...family and friends...at the memorial they will talk about Caylee and who she was...what she was like...their memories of her. The memorial won't be about any of the Anthonys with the exception of Caylee. That is what memorials are for...to celebrate the life of the person and share memories. People may not talk at all because it may be to hard for them. I think she will have a beautiful memorial and people will honor Caylee and who she was.

This is exactly how I feel! Fantastic posts...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's exactly what it will be. If it is televised I plan to have a box of tissue nearby. Saying the final goodbye is going to be very difficult for those of us who have fallen in love with this dear little soul without ever having touched her face or held her in our arms. I can only imagine how hard it will be for Cindy and George who loved her so intensely.

Little Caylee was a toddler whose mother is charged with her muder. Caylee should be honored with dignity and not a media circus. As another post stated - let the media report it from memory of having been there.

I just cannot see the comparison to Princess Diana's funeral, or President Kennedy's. I am not sure how to put this in words, but Caylee was not a celebrity, Princess, or an assassinated President. She was not known prior to her horrific murder.

Attack this post if you must, but I would like to see Caylee honored with quiet dignity and respect. No cameras and not video taped. I know I am in the minority in this and that's okay with me.

:applause: I am with you all the way, LaLaw!

Sadly, that is not what Cindy has in mind, IMO. Anyone can attack me too, but this is Cindy "all the way". I wish she would go "all the way" to the judge and request the remains. :gavel:

Cynically speaking, this will make Casey "feel" better to know how many people loved her daughter. It will be videod for Casey's sake. Casey will revel in how important she is ...being the mother of someone so worthy and all.

Cindy should put her effort into gettting the remains and not planning a perfect memorial for the world stage. Let the church handle everything and if they choose to do this, fine......And we all can honor that precious baby.

but knowing Cindy, she is lilkely involved in every detail and her lawyer will deny it.:cursing: .......I pray I am wrong.

No cameras in the church...let reporters do their job. allow no phones either. I have a feeling it won't go like that though...

I believe the church which will be providing the broadcast could recieve money, but I think they'd refuse it. I think the broadcast will help everyone locally and nationally not intrude anymore into the Anthony family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back