Should Jesse Grund File A Civil Suit Against Casey Anthony????

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Jesse Grund File A Civil Suit Against Casey?

• Yes

Votes: 258 71.5%
  • No

Votes: 74 20.5%
  • I Do Not Know

Votes: 29 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jesse has an attorney; they appeared on the Today show together. It also would not look good for him to bring a civil suit against the A's while he is on the state's witness list, IMO.

I don't think he has any case against KC. I don't recall any public statements or statements to LE from her directly implicating or slandering him. (plus the civil court already views her as indigent, and she is in jail. What would be the point?)

Cindy however is real fair game.

ITA:) He doesn't have a case the way ZG does.

I think Jesse should sue Cindy, absolutely. That way the money that Oprah is giving them will end up in someone's hands that deserves it.

I know it is petty of me to say, but I am fed up with them breaking the law and not having to pay the consequences and instead getting paid themselves!
If the law can't /won't nail them, the good people of florida should.
After all, they'd probably prefer that he would be up for the death penalty rather than their sweet, innocent daughter.
JMO

I believe the harm could be emotional distress in Jesse's case. For a defamation case to be sucessful, I think the other criteria that has to be shown is that the allegations were false. I believe Jesse would have no problem, given all of the evidence released, showing that the A's knew he wasn't responsible for Caylee's disappearance and murder.

The A's pointed fingers at a lot of people as possibly involved.They stated it to the police before they realized they were being taped.Have they stated anything that Jesse could prove was defamation? I missed a lot last month and may have missed something.

I have not yet seen any direct statement from Casey implicating Jesse. All I have see so far is her tell her parents not to trust him - which could be because she was trying to keep her parents from talking to him and finding out something she didn't want them to know. CA, on the other hand, has directly tried to implicate Jesse and make him a suspect.

I hope that Jesse and his parents know that no one with a brain would believe that Jesse had anything to do with this. Aside from the fact he has already been polygraphed and passed and cleared by police, there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that points to him. Is it worth it for him to spend money and time filing a lawsuit against CA where he might not get much if anything back after ZG and her attorneys get through with the Anthonys? Probably not. Jesse should take the high road. He has shown nothing but class so far and he should continue to be the gentleman that he is. I see a wonderful future for this young man. Some lucky girl is going to be made very happy by him. And I think he will appreciate his future wife all the more because of what he has been through with Casey before, during and after their engagement. He now knows what to look for and what to avoid. I'm sure he has figured out the warning signs and will select very carefully. A terrible situation like what he has gone through with Casey creates nothing but appreciation for the right person when she comes along. And finally, I think Jesse can thank God that he never got to the altar with Casey. Who knows what kind of chaos she would have wrought on his life then? If it's true that Casey broke off the engagement, she did Jesse a HUGE favor! It might have been one of the best things Casey has done in her entire life.

I think it's fine that JG has a lawyer to advise him through this process. His name did come up, or was injected into the investigation. There may be more to come, from outright accusations to attempts to romp through his phone records, etc. to try to come up with some reasonable doubt for the defendant. A number of the people sought to be subpoenaed may protest and may have to do so in court. Tim from TES certainly benefited from having a good lawyer help him when all his records were sought in a fishing expedition.

Painter, my friend, I didn't mean to sound so sinister before! These people aren't going anywhere. I'd just see what develops (Oprah interviews, etc.), be prepared and decide later.

I think Jesse dodged the ULTIMATE BULLET when the engagement to KC was called off. Talk about God's good graces coming into play! I believe its best that he stay as far away from the Anthonys as possible and remain "above the fray", so to speak. He needs to have faith (as I do) that the Karma Train will be comin' for Cindy in due time. Patience.....patience........even though it must be frustrating!

JMO
and may God forever bless and hold Caylee Marie

I say yes but I would wait until after Casey's criminal trial because you don't know what else the A's will say about him until then.

After the trial I would file my suit because the family has purposefully decided to name someone they know is not involved.

Maybe it's time for a Class Action Lawsuit?
Half of Orlando could sign up.:winko:

Good thought...........there are certainly enough for a good class action.

Why waste his time and money on a futile endeavor? She has no money, no property and no hope of ever earning any money. I vote no - stay out of it and away from the A family.

I voted yes, mainly because I think he could easily prove he has been defamed. But I think he has more self control and will end up better off in the long run if he just continues to hold his head high and tell the truth. I don't think he's interested in profiting from a baby's murder. I'm not in any way suggesting that ZG is trying to profit from her lawsuit, I think she was legitimately damaged as well.

I voted "I don't know" even though I feel that Jesse and family are certainly justified if they wanted to. It sure seems evident that the A's have been out to smear them.

OK-----I changed my mind while readin thread---------just wait til all this is over and see if the A's do anythang else.

I voted "no" Only because if I were him, I'd stay as far away from this circus as I could. What would he gain? They have nothing to "get" and everyone that remotely becomes involved in this fiasco is tarnished. I would really hate the see that happen to that nice young man and his family.MOO

Re bolded: I originally felt the same way Sooner Fan, but now.....If the rumors about the million dollar movie deals and book deals are true, and hundreds of thousands of dollars has been paid out so far in licensing fees...........there is money there. Better it go to victimssssss of KC, and the family, than to the family. IMHO But I totally agree with the rest of this post....spot on

OK-----I changed my mind while readin thread---------just wait til all this is over and see if the A's do anythang else.

I'm with you MAMABEAR wait till it's over and then hit Cindy with it...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I voted "yes" but I think JG is too nice a person to follow through with it. He seems to be such a caring person.

I voted no. Being a witness for the prosecution is much better. What's Casey got?

I think it's fine that JG has a lawyer to advise him through this process. His name did come up, or was injected into the investigation. There may be more to come, from outright accusations to attempts to romp through his phone records, etc. to try to come up with some reasonable doubt for the defendant. A number of the people sought to be subpoenaed may protest and may have to do so in court. Tim from TES certainly benefited from having a good lawyer help him when all his records were sought in a fishing expedition.

Painter, my friend, I didn't mean to sound so sinister before! These people aren't going anywhere. I'd just see what develops (Oprah interviews, etc.), be prepared and decide later.

I agree that anyone in this mess in any way should have a good lawyer. I hope there are enough of them to go around. :)

JG may yet need a wise advocate. Mr Grund said that the family has hired a private investigator to look into the accusations made against his son. Who knows what might turn up?

Amethyst...you had me looking over my shoulder to see if you were gaining on me.:eek: Don't think I'd want you against me in a lawsuit or a legal case of any kind.:computer: You are too sharp!

I voted "I don't know" even though I feel that Jesse and family are certainly justified if they wanted to. It sure seems evident that the A's have been out to smear them.

I too feel they are justified, JG does have a lawyer and his dad said he has hired a PI.
JG and probably the whole family is getting legal advice, they are not sitting back and doing nothing, they are being proactive and getting ready to defend themselves incase they have to.

I agree that anyone in this mess in any way should have a good lawyer. I hope there are enough of them to go around. :)

JG may yet need a wise advocate. Mr Grund said that the family has hired a private investigator to look into the accusations made against his son. Who knows what might turn up?

Amethyst...you had me looking over my shoulder to see if you were gaining on me.:eek: Don't think I'd want you against me in a lawsuit or a legal case of any kind.:computer: You are too sharp!

Don't worry, cos I'd rather be on your side anyway!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back