Should Jesse Grund File A Civil Suit Against Casey Anthony????

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Jesse Grund File A Civil Suit Against Casey?

• Yes

Votes: 258 71.5%
  • No

Votes: 74 20.5%
  • I Do Not Know

Votes: 29 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dunno.

Whatever he chooses, I hope he waits until Casey is safely in jail for the rest of her life. That's Priority #1. Everything else is gravy.

After that, I'd hope he does what is best for *him*. Maybe he simply wants this chapter in his life to be over. A civil suit would bring continuing headlines, day after day after day after day.

Or maybe he needs the finality of a court saying, "You were wronged."

Me? I'd adore the idea of Cindy Anthony have to pay. Big pay. Every lie exposed. In a civil court.

But Jesse Grund doesn't owe me anything. He paid all debts to society with his kindness to Caylee.

What I will forever wonder is what would have happened if he had been the father, or had adopted Caylee at birth. Or even gone along with the charade. There would have been another person who was *not* named Anthony in that toxic family, and I think that Caylee would be alive today.

And I betcha if he had a crystal ball, he would have screamed to the heavens, "Yep. Don't need no paternity test. She is mine."

Heartbreaking, what could have been.

Blaise

I don't know. This is a murder case, it's their job to create reasonable doubt. I feel bad for Jesse and his dad, I honestly do.. but I just don't think it's realistic to go around suing people for creating reasonable doubt in a death penalty case.

I'm not sure, it is an internal question for him, I think. Maybe he is understanding of what they are doing to him, even if he knows it's wrong. Or maybe he wants to move out of the quicksand of this whole thing and get away from it as soon as he can.

I feel differently about ZG, she did not know any of these people and was hit by a stray missile. She has no obligation to feel their pain, though I'm sure she is very upset about hearing the details regarding a child being murdered. She can seperate herself emotionally from this at some point and move on. Monetary reparations are in order, IMO.

I wouldnt recommend anyone get in close proximity to these people.
Jesse needs to put this all behind him as quickly as possible
The universe will take care of every one of them in good time
He danced with the devil and has lived to tell about it - a acceptable win by

The polls closed, but this one is a no-brainer. KC never implied (directly) that he had any involvement in Caylee's disappearance. He would not have a legal leg to stand on.

Now if the question were whether or not he should sue someone else for defamation of Character, I'd say he would have a very strong case against CA. She drug his name through the mud big time. I'm torn . . . .trying to put myself in his shoes, I don't know what I would do. I'd be angry enough to want justice for myself, and I'd want to make her "hurt," as awful as that sounds. :no: However, that whole family is like poison. Seriously. Everyone they touch will suffer in some way. He might should distance himself as quickly as possible. A civil lawsuit would be costly way to prolong a toxic relationship w/the A family. Who wants that??

I vote "WALK AWAY "with your head held high, Jesse. Don't let your life comingle with the A's anymore. Do keep an attorney close if all doesn't go well for them and they lasso you in as they are sinking down deep into their quicksand destiny..

Get as far as you can away from this mess and live your life as it was meant to be. The best retaliation is not money (or spending more on it fighting for your name) but work on living a respectable life that will serve you well into your old age. Rise above all this and find your true happiness. Don't look back.

The polls closed, but this one is a no-brainer. KC never implied (directly) that he had any involvement in Caylee's disappearance. He would not have a legal leg to stand on.

Now if the question were whether or not he should sue someone else for defamation of Character, I'd say he would have a very strong case against CA. She drug his name through the mud big time. I'm torn . . . .trying to put myself in his shoes, I don't know what I would do. I'd be angry enough to want justice for myself, and I'd want to make her "hurt," as awful as that sounds. :no: However, that whole family is like poison. Seriously. Everyone they touch will suffer in some way. He might should distance himself as quickly as possible. A civil lawsuit would be costly way to prolong a toxic relationship w/the A family. Who wants that??

i reopened the poll for a bit.

Why not? We know how much money this case has made so far. Its not over yet, and there is lots more to make. The thought that KC cud walk away (highly unlikely) and pocket money all at Caylee's expense, makes me just about hurl. I say go for it!

I think JG should just bid his time-there's no rush. I'd wait for trial and see if JB and his crew actually try to implicate him and his family. If they do then I think JG and RG should present a united front and do whatever they feel is the right thing to do for their family and their own reputation. In my opinion ruining someones reputation is far worse than stealing ones money. Money can be replaced-a good reputation is pricless!! IMO

I voted 'I don't know' but I agree with your post. If JB and crew try to implicate him then he should.

I dunno.

Whatever he chooses, I hope he waits until Casey is safely in jail for the rest of her life. That's Priority #1. Everything else is gravy.

After that, I'd hope he does what is best for *him*. Maybe he simply wants this chapter in his life to be over. A civil suit would bring continuing headlines, day after day after day after day.

Or maybe he needs the finality of a court saying, "You were wronged."

Me? I'd adore the idea of Cindy Anthony have to pay. Big pay. Every lie exposed. In a civil court.

But Jesse Grund doesn't owe me anything. He paid all debts to society with his kindness to Caylee.

What I will forever wonder is what would have happened if he had been the father, or had adopted Caylee at birth. Or even gone along with the charade. There would have been another person who was *not* named Anthony in that toxic family, and I think that Caylee would be alive today.

And I betcha if he had a crystal ball, he would have screamed to the heavens, "Yep. Don't need no paternity test. She is mine."

Heartbreaking, what could have been.

Blaise

Very well said, Blaise!!! I couldn't have agreed more with your post. I add: another civil suit after KC is convicted (and I'm certain that she will be) will just be what she wants - - - which is to stay in the LIMELIGHT. She deserves no such limelight.
When I hear or read the name JG, I do NOT think of anything evil, underhanded, sinister or deceitful! In fact it is the OPPOSITE. I pray that JG comes to realize that anyone with an IQ knows (!!!!! ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!) that the only people to blame in this bear the last name Anthony.

I voted no.
What would the point be? Other than to add more of a circus atmosphere and take the focus off justice for Caylee.

People have a right to suspect whoever they want. Nobody has come out and said "JG is absolutely guilty of this crime'.

If it's to clear his muddied reputation, a civil suit won by him still wont change peoples perception of him. Most see him as an innocent dragged into this disaster anyway.And for those who think otherwise, winning a civil suit wont change their mind, it would probably make them think worse of him.
If its money that would be the motivator for a civil suit, I doubt he would ever see a dime of it.
So again, what would a civil suit achieve? IMO there seems to be way more sympathy for JG than opinions that he may have some involvement in the crime.
JMO
ETA: I remember reading somewhere that it was a few members here that encouraged ZG to file against KC. (I doubted it, until I saw this thread).
Its really not a good idea to be encouraging any players in this case to take action at all.
Sooo many folks have been dragged through the mud, and thrown under the bus. It's up to them to decide if they want to take action, and it should not be prompted by us.

Only to take away whatever profit they could make from a book deal and then donate it to Equisearch.

Seeing as how Casey and the entire team Anthony has implicated him and pointed the finger in his direction I think he should sue the whole lot of 'em, including Jose and co. for attemtping to smear him in the process of clearing their client. With NO evidence to indicate he had anything to do with any of it, they threw him under the bus at every turn. He probably won't sue them, but if he did I would certainly applaud that action. He has probably had more scrutiny of his life through all of this than any other player and has been harmed more than anyone else, so he is certainly entitled if he should choose to go that route.

JG should not sue the A's. He has no need to clear his name. Everyone is pretty darn certain who the perp is.

There is one and ONLY one person that has been harmed in all of this and that is Caylee Marie. Everyone else is an adult and should suck it up and move on with their life.

If the A's get rich off of media deals from their dead grandchild, good luck to them -- it will not make them happy, nor will it bring them peace. They are going to miserable until the day they die, whether they are rich or poor.

I would separate myself from the A's and any blood money made off of this poor dead child because it is the right and healthy thing to do.

End of story.

JG should not sue the A's. He has no need to clear his name. Everyone is pretty darn certain who the perp is.

There is one and ONLY one person that has been harmed in all of this and that is Caylee Marie. Everyone else is an adult and should suck it up and move on with their life.

If the A's get rich off of media deals from their dead grandchild, good luck to them -- it will not make them happy, nor will it bring them peace. They are going to miserable until the day they die, whether they are rich or poor.

I would separate myself from the A's and any blood money made off of this poor dead child because it is the right and healthy thing to do.

End of story.
Harm can come in many forms, ranging from deadly to simply painful or even irritating. Just as there are degrees of harm there also are degrees of penalties and degrees of "damages". Make no mistake there have been plenty of people "harmed" in this case, and certainly, Caylee Marie was harmed the most severely, as her very life was stolen from her. But we cannot say that because one was not murdered that one was not harmed in the least. Having ones name dragged through the mud on a daily basis is life affecting for certain, and having ones name associated with killing a child in a suspect fashion is certainly life altering. What has happened to Jesse is intolerable...a young man should not have to deal with being accused of murder simply because he once loved mother AND child...and the entire Anthony clan should be brought to answer for their accusations, not only against Jesse but against anyone else they have pointed their poison fingers toward.

Harm can come in many forms, ranging from deadly to simply painful or even irritating. Just as there are degrees of harm there also are degrees of penalties and degrees of "damages". Make no mistake there have been plenty of people "harmed" in this case, and certainly, Caylee Marie was harmed the most severely, as her very life was stolen from her. But we cannot say that because one was not murdered that one was not harmed in the least. Having ones name dragged through the mud on a daily basis is life affecting for certain, and having ones name associated with killing a child in a suspect fashion is certainly life altering. What has happened to Jesse is intolerable...a young man should not have to deal with being accused of murder simply because he once loved mother AND child...and the entire Anthony clan should be brought to answer for their accusations, not only against Jesse but against anyone else they have pointed their poison fingers toward.

I guess we have to disagree. Any monetary damages he receives from the A's will be money made off of Caylee's blood. Personally I would think less of anyone that was in line for that kind of handout because they believe their reputation was hurt. If he wins in court, then what? Is that going to change anyone's opinion of JG or the A's? I doubt it. What would a person do with money that was won in that sort of lawsuit and made off of the back of a dead child? Buy a boat? The A's have and will continue to punish themselves. Nobody needs to help them along.

I guess we have to disagree. Any monetary damages he receives from the A's will be money made off of Caylee's blood. Personally I would think less of anyone that was in line for that kind of handout because they believe their reputation was hurt. If he wins in court, then what? Is that going to change anyone's opinion of JG or the A's? I doubt it. What would a person do with money that was won in that sort of lawsuit and made off of the back of a dead child? Buy a boat? The A's have and will continue to punish themselves. Nobody needs to help them along.
I would rather see the money made from Caylee's blood wind up in the hands of some of these innocents than in the hands of her family, especially her mother. And we should all remember, none of these other people who were JUST friends with Casey asked for any of this. They did not invite what has happened to them. It was just by happenstance that they were her friends and lovers and got dragged in to the midst of this. But Jesse is a special case. He loved and adored Caylee and was willing to BE her father. He had nothing but love for this little girl, and has had nothing but mud slung at him since the day this all became public knowledge and the ones doing the slinging should pay for that. I could not care less what he does with any money he would be awarded-if he went dancing in Aruba that would be just fine with me, so long as the blood money is not spent by those who spilled it in the first place, and that certainly was not Jesse.

:waitasec:

I say no. This monster has sucked enough energy from those that knew her and those that didn't. Besides, what can he get from her? Money? She doesn't have a penny. It's not worth it. casey is going to rot nicely in prison for the rest of her life and that's retribution enough. I'm sure he just wants to get on with his life and forget the nightmare of casey and the Anthonys. A lawsuit would just give him and them attention that neither should have. I think he probably just wants to be left alone.

I would rather see the money made from Caylee's blood wind up in the hands of some of these innocents than in the hands of her family, especially her mother. And we should all remember, none of these other people who were JUST friends with Casey asked for any of this. They did not invite what has happened to them. It was just by happenstance that they were her friends and lovers and got dragged in to the midst of this. But Jesse is a special case. He loved and adored Caylee and was willing to BE her father. He had nothing but love for this little girl, and has had nothing but mud slung at him since the day this all became public knowledge and the ones doing the slinging should pay for that. I could not care less what he does with any money he would be awarded-if he went dancing in Aruba that would be just fine with me, so long as the blood money is not spent by those who spilled it in the first place, and that certainly was not Jesse.

:waitasec:

I do understand what you are saying but as another poster said, "the universe" will take care of every one of them. If I were JG, I would want to shake the dust from my feet and move on with my life. I would find peace in knowing I did the right thing by loving Caylee in the time I knew her.

As poorly as I think of the A's and their behavior, I am certain they would gladly give back any money made with media deals to have their grandchild back. The money will not make them happy in this life or the next, so... let them have it.

I do understand what you are saying but as another poster said, "the universe" will take care of every one of them. If I were JG, I would want to shake the dust from my feet and move on with my life. I would find peace in knowing I did the right thing by loving Caylee in the time I knew her.

As poorly as I think of the A's and their behavior, I am certain they would gladly give back any money made with media deals to have their grandchild back. The money will not make them happy in this life or the next, so... let them have it.
ITA with your entire post,Roze.
The best revenge is to have a good life ,despite them.To sue would only keep JG entagled with the A's and they can do even more damage.
And I have to believe even they would give up everything to have Caylee back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back