SIDEBAR #10- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what really interests me, I'd like to see what has happened in other cases where the penalty phase has been done again. What new evidence they bring in, what stories change, how far back they go to repeat evidence for the new jury, do they show any video of the previous trial? etc etc

Unfortunately we just get HLN rehashing the reruns of sensational sex talk etc, then I come on here and get dropped into the middle of a pajama party! :banghead: :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

[video=youtube;XsYJyVEUaC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYJyVEUaC4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I want to know if they could sense/feel the presence of evil about her.

[video=youtube;nLIzRBelEf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLIzRBelEf8[/video]

My husband knows that the only reason he is #1 in my heart is because he defaulted into the position when my beloved Dan Fogelberg died.

:tears: I shall never get over Dan.

You and my wife both. :floorlaugh:

How about: 1) What are you doing to contend with "trial withdrawal"? I'm re-watching my favorite JM cross examination moments of Samuels and ALV...

2) Also, what did happen to ALV (in terms of that closed door hearing)???

3) Finally, I think ALV's twitter account was hacked. I won't link to it, but you can find her account listed under her name...

My theory on ALV:

She got caught lying and JSS says you're out or you get charged with perjury.

Her account hacked? :floorlaugh:

Yes, with Boycie (my Cardigan Corgi) as my Avatar.... ?

I miss Boycie - If you want to change your avatar to yourself, can't you add a signature photo of Boycie? You used to have Boycie in your signature as I remember...Thank You

I checked out some of the old commercials on you tube. It brings you back. I like the sprite commercials. Im not able to find a 7-UP commercial that plays the song Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin. If someone could find it I would really appreciate it.

Here ya go, deedee! :seeya:

[video=youtube;SEIDep_UMmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEIDep_UMmk[/video]

How about: 1) What are you doing to contend with "trial withdrawal"? I'm re-watching my favorite JM cross examination moments of Samuels and ALV...

2) Also, what did happen to ALV (in terms of that closed door hearing)???

3) Finally, I think ALV's twitter account was hacked. I won't link to it, but you can find her account listed under her name...

BBM

Oh, I'm not ready to re-watch anything yet. I re-watched ALL 18 days of CMJA's testimony (ok maybe 17), while the trial was on-going (at the end, during the slower days before it went to the jury). I just about wore myself out...trying to keep up with both old and live. I was trying to re-watch to catch lies and inconsistencies.....of which there were SOOOOOOOOO MANNNYYYY. It really really helps to watch her testimony a second time, but very time-consuming obviously. I always tell myself I have to remember that the jury didn't have the benefit of re-watching things....they only saw and heard it one time. Also, I think it did Juan a lot of damage that the trial was dragged out for so long by the defense AFTER CMJA"s testimony...b/c I feel like the jury forgot HOW BAD she lied to them/used them. It wasn't as fresh on their minds, I believe this benefitted her A LOT for the death phase.

Think about it, after CMJA, they had weeks and weeks of Samuels, ALV, Geffner, etc.. The shock value of it wore off by then. I remember watching her testimony and thinking there is NO WAY the jury is going to give her any mercy after she straight up LIED TO THEIR FACES. But, oh, what short memories we humans have....

Thats what really interests me, I'd like to see what has happened in other cases where the penalty phase has been done again. What new evidence they bring in, what stories change, how far back they go to repeat evidence for the new jury, do they show any video of the previous trial? etc etc

Unfortunately we just get HLN rehashing the reruns of sensational sex talk etc, then I come on here and get dropped into the middle of a pajama party! :banghead: :floorlaugh:

A few days ago someone posted about the cases that had the penalty phase retried and the outcome of most of those cases favored the prosecution. I dont know how to find it though.

What exactly is the foreman's role anyways?

Do they make sure messages are passed back and forth between jury and JSS?

I can speak to this.. although, I'm a few drinks deep so I hope I make sense. I was a foreman once and it's an interesting task, to say the least.

It is very important that you have somebody who can control the flow of the conversation, make sure that everybody is heard, and that everybody sufficiently understands the instructions. Sounds like from their interviews, there were some issues with that. Even though the instructions can be very difficult to understand, there's no excuse for not understanding them. You are given every opportunity in the world to discuss them and ask questions. They should have done that more thoroughly.

Being a foreman is like trying to wrangle elephants. When arguments break out, and they do, you have to keep tempers down and conversations on point so it doesn't get too out of hand. And for those people who don't like to talk or are shy, you need to get them out of their shell and pretty much force them to talk. Every single person must have their say for the system to work properly.

Although the foreman's own opinions are no more important than anybody else's in the room, I will say that if there are (for lack of a better way to say this) weaker minded people who either don't care all that much about the process (sadly, this does exist) or just can't put all the pieces together themselves, they will look to others for guidance. So long story short, the foreman certainly can have influence over the group, even if they don't intend to, just depending how strong they are with their arguments.

And yes, they are also responsible for filling out all forms and filtering them thru the bailiff to the judge.

I like being a juror, and hope to do it again some day, but don't think I'd want to be the foreman again. Holy stress!

[video=youtube;u3NE6UuaLiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3NE6UuaLiY[/video]

Bare Naked Ladies "Pinch me" Love this one. My son sang karaoke it was a popular one to sing. A summertime song:)

slowing it down a bit

[video=youtube;cA9gUspn6gc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA9gUspn6gc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Ah..hahahahaha! Way too funny!

Haha, wow. He sounds like a cool kid. I will admit that my life is super fun and interesting, and I'm surrounded by amazing people. I intend to laugh and party as much as possible while I'm on this earth... so my good times continue to roll :)

He has seen the pictures and has heard some of the stories from DH & I. He is a great almost 16 yr old who is going into bio-engineering/genetics; who went to see Nugent, Styx, Limp Bizkit and REO with us a few weeks ago. He thinks the WS kids are lucky to have hot, smart & interesting Moms
(he reads here )

ETA: of course- he says he is also glad I have company on the Crazy Train, and hopes none of us are driving his karma bus

http://www.kpho.com/story/22420146/former-judge-not-impossible-to-find-impartial-arias-jury

Snippet:

"Judge Cole told CBS 5 News that just because you know about the case, doesn't mean you can't be a good juror.

"There will be people on the next jury panel that will have heard things about the case, read things about it, and talked to neighbors," said Cole. "The crucial question is whether they can put aside whatever knowledge they have about the case and decide the case based on what they see and hear in the courtroom."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe