SIDEBAR #11- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit of poetry for all the animal lovers here:

[video=youtube;RDQ-vhZzlLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDQ-vhZzlLY[/video]

I love my furminator...my Bengal is oddly low-shed. Buuuuut this looks really really cool...for a much cheaper price. If I ever get a plush Ragdoll or Applehead Siamese again I will seriously look into this...thank you!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hi! :seeya: I have to admit the Furminator was the best grooming tool I had found until I got the Zoom Groom. The only thing was my cats didn't appreciate it. After about 1 minute they were fighting me to get away, so it was an exercise in frustration for them and for me. (And I was very careful about not using too much pressure.) They get a massage with the soft Zoom Groom. If I accidentally leave it out my Waylon will bring it too me! (He thinks he's a dog.) I only wish I had this product when I had my Ragdolls.

Sorry about sounding like a commercial. It's just so rare these days to find a product that exceeds expectations.:blushing:

Thanks! They make them for dogs, too, and I will get one!

Yep, I thought of that too!! One more reason in the bag.

Thanks!!! You're sweet!

It's going to be hard but I'm just going to picture my kids and Travis every time I want one. How can I do something so damaging to my health, something that could kill me, when Travis and family would give anything for Travis to have just one more day? It's like I'm taking each day for granted. It seems selfish.
Go easy on yourself. I have to admit I hate smoking but everyone needs a vice. Choose another

Have we found out yet if we will be able to post about the Zimmerman trial here on WS?

BBM: I have two rescue kitties. I am also the proud owner of every brand of grooming tools, including the $40 Furminator, ALL USELESS…until I discovered the ZOOM GROOM!!! It's fabulous!!! It's $5.00-$9.00 depending on where you shop.

My cats hide the moment I plug the vacuum in. I think I wouldn't have any skin left if I tried to vacuum them. But they LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Zoom Groom. :twocents:

Are their any favorite breeds of cats out there, and why? I am an accidental rescued cat owner and am just learning. Have always, always had dogs.

I have to say I am loving seeing so many wonderful posts for Travis who, IMO, is one of the controversial.vctims I have seen in a while.
I am not canonizing him but please hear me out...I will try to make it short.
I believe many people are good and have redeeming qualities. We are all imperfect and say and do.stupid things, exercise.poor judgement.
I will use my parents as a short example. I can make the case that they were abusive in many ways...I have gotten therapy and still doing self help books.
My mom grew up in a tiny country town in the south, the only child of a single mom. She is emotionally damaged in many ways. Her mom was horribly abusive.
My dad grew up in Chicago with siblings, grandparents German immigrants who had PTsD issues and the kids were ducking things left and right. My father also.served a.stint in the military before Viatnam some time and never talks about it often....I know he was not in combat but.regardless he will almost never talk about his.experiences.
All this makes for some ugliness.
The old-school "nothing is with me.
But you know....if/when they die...I don't want to focus on the ugly. It is.water under the bridge and I cannot control or.change anything about.them, especially after death. I want ppl to remember the good things. My dad had a dry sense of humor...my mom is warm and supportive when she can be...she is a firm believer in her God....my dad can be very practical and give good advice. He can act like a big kid when he is in a good mood.
My point is...remembering people for their good is not canonizing them or.forgetting their bad qualities. At.death nothing can be changed so why not talk about the.good things about them? Appreciating those memories?
(This is.highly subject of course...some ppl have NONE...but most have some). Just me thoughts

BBM:

:seeya: Me too, Hopeful ... I broke out in tears a few minutes ago when I heard about the candle lighting for Travis today at 5:30 ...

And I was in tears earlier this morning when I posted about Kyron Horman being missing for 3 years now -- Kyron's case is how I found Websleuths !

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to all !

Morgan Harrington was my first stop here, then Kyron. So sad, so sad.

Ok, I know they're not deadly or anything, but are the ciccadas driving anyone else CRAZY??

OMG! Ciccadas! When we were traveling we spent ONE NIGHT in an RV park where the ciccadas were "singing". (Worst night of my life!) One has to wonder about God's sense of humor when he created the ciccadas! :what:

My sympathies are with you if you actually live with those creatures day after day. :blowkiss:

P.S. I can actually see someone using the "Ciccada Defense" in a murder trial. Or at least drive one to drink.

I have to say I am loving seeing so many wonderful posts for Travis who, IMO, is one of the controversial.vctims I have seen in a while.
I am not canonizing him but please hear me out...I will try to make it short.
I believe many people are good and have redeeming qualities. We are all imperfect and say and do.stupid things, exercise.poor judgement.
I will use my parents as a short example. I can make the case that they were abusive in many ways...I have gotten therapy and still doing self help books.
My mom grew up in a tiny country town in the south, the only child of a single mom. She is emotionally damaged in many ways. Her mom was horribly abusive.
My dad grew up in Chicago with siblings, grandparents German immigrants who had PTsD issues and the kids were ducking things left and right. My father also.served a.stint in the military before Viatnam some time and never talks about it often....I know he was not in combat but.regardless he will almost never talk about his.experiences.
All this makes for some ugliness.
The old-school "nothing is with me.
But you know....if/when they die...I don't want to focus on the ugly. It is.water under the bridge and I cannot control or.change anything about.them, especially after death. I want ppl to remember the good things. My dad had a dry sense of humor...my mom is warm and supportive when she can be...she is a firm believer in her God....my dad can be very practical and give good advice. He can act like a big kid when he is in a good mood.
My point is...remembering people for their good is not canonizing them or.forgetting their bad qualities. At.death nothing can be changed so why not talk about the.good things about them? Appreciating those memories?
(This is.highly subject of course...some ppl have NONE...but most have some). Just me thoughts

What a beautiful testament to forgiveness! Thank you for that...I have family members I need to get better about forgiving myself...

That was beautiful! I have watched my best four-footed friends grow old before me, and they have never lost their love of a good chase, a run, a walk in the woods. They live every day to the fullest!

They remain ever loyal, ever loving, ever noble. They greet me with such a passion, no matter how short a time I'm away, and are always there to listen to my woes.

They deserve to be treated as the royalty they are. They are my friends, my "babies". They comfort me when I cry, and laugh with me when I'm happy.

Thank you for posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member