Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you! Here's a little snippet:

Ultimately, however, offers have to come from Montgomery. His office, not the judge, makes the decision to seek the death penalty. And at this point, because Arias is already convicted of first-degree murder, there is no need to reach a settlement with Arias in order for her to be sentenced to life in prison. Montgomery only has to lift the intent to seek the death penalty and she would receive a mandatory life sentence.

Judge Sherry Stephens would then choose between life in prison or natural life in prison. The former is frequently referred to as “life with chance of parole after 25 years,” but that is a misnomer often used even during court proceedings.

Arizona discontinued parole for first-degree murderers in 1994. Anyone sentenced since then might be sentenced to life with possibility of release after 25 years. Parole is only available for those who committed murders before 1994.

“Now the only chance of release is commutation from the governor through the Board of Executive Clemency,” a more difficult process, said Ron Reinstein, a retired Superior Court judge who chairss the Arizona Supreme Court’s capital case oversight committee.

“It doesn’t happen very often,” he said.

And given the fact that the jury found an aggravating factor in Arias’ case, it’s unlikely Stephens would impose that sentence.

I knew they were going to pull the mentally ill card for the next PP

Yes, I'm not surprised in the least, it is the only card left to play.

Incidentally, the shower photos began at 5:22:24, in just over 3 minutes from now.

LOL .. snap Maryann123 .. we clearly follow the same people on twitter :) ETA, you too seattlechiquita!

LOL! I got it off the State Vs Jodi Arias FB page. And Beth had just posted it was her last day with In sessions. It's a very sad day all the way around, and now Jodi Arias and her crowd is trying to take the focus off Trais.....Again!

I know it's not up to me, but I say lock her up with Life WITHOUT the possibility of parole and throw away the key. She will just be another one of those murderers that are on a one hour TV show, who, besides that, we will never hear about or from again. Anybody hear lately from or about Susan Smith, Pamela Smart etc.??? Nope, me neither!

:seeya::seeya: BYE BYE MURDERER! :jail::jail::jail::jail:

I agree. DP will grant Jodi unrelenting attention with decades of appeals. Even if the DP is carried out, it's too easy for her. Put her *advertiser censored* in GP in the really BIG house. Where she is now is referred to as 'Camp Snoopy'.

LWOP is my vote.

Hey it's nearly 5:30 Az time .. should we have two minutes of no posting at 5:30pm?

So I thought how best to mark in some way today, June 4th. And the best way I can think of as a beautiful tribute is the second stanza of "Fern Hill" by Dylan Thomas, my favorite poem, and maybe the loveliest words in the world ever written about the joy of life.

And as I was green and carefree, famous among the barns
About the happy yard and singing as the farm was home,
In the sun that is young once only,
Time let me play and be
Golden in the mercy of his means,
And green and golden I was huntsman and herdsman, the calves
Sang to my horn, the foxes on the hills barked clear and
cold,
And the sabbath rang slowly
In the pebbles of the holy streams.

Joint statement from Wilmott and Nurmi: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130604arias-lawyers-respond-to-montgomery.html

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case. Instead, the choice to end this case sits squarely with Mr. Montgomery and his office.

“It is solely for them to determine if continuing to pursue a death sentence upon Ms. Arias, who is already facing a mandatory life sentence, is a good and proper use of taxpayer resources.”

Oh FTLOG. Hey Nur-Mott - It's not a mental illness, it's a personality disorder. Nice try.

Oh thats hilarious. She isn't mentally ill...axis II does not follow in severity of Axis I diagnoses...hence why it is listed at TWO, not ONE. Only Axis I is considerable for being criminally insane....she is nowhere close to that. Do they.seriously think ppl are that.dumb so as to believe.this? Another pathetic attempt for LWOP that she does not want (remember she wants death! LOL!) because, at least in this state, it is unethical to give someone with SMI or low mental status the DP.
Even if she has bipolar that wouldn't automatically qualify her. You need a long time history a la Jared Loughner, Andrea Yates, James Holmes. Nice try Nurmi et al

Sgent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

You really know how bad a liar someone is when they lie about whether they want to live or die! Crazy B----!
Going to light up Twitter to remember Travis, now!

Oh this just chaps my tights. They know good and well that mentally ill does not necessarily equal incapable of understanding right from wrong. I've seen no JA diagnosis that indicates that she has a condition that precludes her from understanding that what she did was wrong wrong wrong!
Agreed. Is this Lawyers 'playing' in the domain of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology?
IMO a diagnosis of BPD is the end result of disturbed character development over many years - NOT organic Mental Illness according to internationally accepted bibles of psychiatry and clinical psychology called the DSM IV and V. IMO there would be AZ or American experts who could clarify that distinction. Such a diagnosis is no excuse for what she has done IMO. It is only a way of understanding such evil and risk to others.

I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. It's 4:45 here, so 2:45 in Mesa. What was happening there at this very minute 5 years ago? So sad to think about.

spooky time for me to log in and see this... as it's that time...

OMG ... I came here for Travis -- and I see that she:dervish: had to make it about her today :banghead: ...

This is NO coincidence, IMO :banghead:

OFGS ... "mental illness" ?

Jodi Arias has NO mental illness, she is pure EVIL :dervish:

:please: for Travis and his Family !

OMG ... I came here for Travis -- and I see that she:dervish: had to make it about her today :banghead: ...

This is NO coincidence, IMO :banghead:

OFGS ... "mental illness" ?

Jodi Arias has NO mental illness, she is pure EVIL :dervish:

:please: for Travis and his Family !

The timing made more sense to me when I saw that the article was written by the Defense Team's pet "journalist." These people are despicable.

I agree. DP will grant Jodi unrelenting attention with decades of appeals. Even if the DP is carried out, it's too easy for her. Put her *advertiser censored* in GP in the really BIG house. Where she is now is referred to as 'Camp Snoopy'.

LWOP is my vote.

Lol so does gen pop....after all the Melendez bros got married in gen pop. She will attention wherever she goes....she never will fade away quietly. Jeffrey MacDonald, Betty Broderick, and Diane Downs are still all around spouting their tales of woe. LWOP shuts no one down, nor does DR. Attention mongers find a way to get it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I know it's not up to me, but I say lock her up with Life WITHOUT the possibility of parole and throw away the key. She will just be another one of those murderers that are on a one hour TV show, who, besides that, we will never hear about or from again. Anybody hear lately from or about Susan Smith, Pamela Smart etc.??? Nope, me neither!

:seeya::seeya: BYE BYE MURDERER! :jail::jail::jail::jail:

Susan Smith has had some things happen that have made the news.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

My candle is lit.

RIP Travis. Justice delayed is not Justice denied.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370392711.587826.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370392711.587826.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 12
Has Jodi offered to 'settle' for LWOP or just a life sentence with the possibility of release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3