SIDEBAR #11- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of the "murder gene" or the "warrior gene"?
Interesting article about it:

http://www.statepress.com/2011/04/26/professor-looks-into-use-of-murder-gene’-in-justice-system/

Vanderbilt University has a program conducting genetic testing to track the murder gene within an individual’s genetic alleles. The gene is a particular variant of the MAO-A gene, also known as the warrior gene because of its association with violence.

The discovery of “murder genes” embedded in genetics brings a new angle to the criminal justice system.

What do you think? Would you consider giving someone LWOP instead of DP because someone had this gene? Makes you think.

Murder gene? Sounds like another EXCUSE for not taking responsibility for the CHOICES one makes.

I'm 100% against the DP in any case.

yumyum

Chris+Spheeris.jpg

To bad Amy Winehouse said NO to rehab. Perhaps if she had said YES she would still be alive and making music.

Ryan Gosling has that smoldering look in his eyes... :luv:

RyanGrey1.jpg

He's ok, but sorry, I have to decline your pick :)

He doesn't have that classically chiseled handsome look that Christian requires. And I don't see enough danger in him. Something about Bomer's gaze just has that perfect mix of charm and danger at the same time. Same with Ian.

[video=youtube;KH7j185hotE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7j185hotE[/video]
Van Halen >Dreams> Blue Angels flight routine.
This song gives me goose bumps while watching the Blue Angels in person. The Blue Angels did a Double Immelman so close that it seemed like we could reach out. It was so fast it was amazing. I bought the video and for sure Van Halen makes me dance :)

I think we have way jumped the shark on this thread with Christian Grey talk. No men will ever come here again, lol.

Wow Karmady, I never heard of this group but I really liked this song! When did you see them?

I bet segue, nadja or molly know who they are.

Please share more of your favorites - it's great to see what kind of music everyone likes and I always appreciate hearing new stuff.

Thanks for posting this.

It had to be 1995'ish since the Inn at Irving Place had just opened. Stayed there so we just had a short stagger "home." lol

Here's their wiki

Alice Donut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh! That was a crazy case!

What is the name of the movie? :seeya:

Russell Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Somebody mentioned that case a while back so I watched something about it and searched the google images. I know there's nothing funny about it, but omg, the pics of that big guy's guy type all serious wearing ladies lingerie and even a freakin' tankini. I was dyin' :floorlaugh:

Ooooh, I will definitely read this when I get some time! BTK was the reason I found WS. I think that was like 2005 or something like that. Heard about the case, was fascinated by the fact that this guy was resurfacing after so many years and followed it here. I was a lurker here for many years. I have no clue why I never signed up and posted. Just read along. Didn't start posting until Casey Anthony, and even then, I was more of a reader. Now with Jodi, I'm full blown hooked in to the conversations :)

I was fascinated with BTK for the same reasons...

My crime following started when I was nine in 1969 because of the Zodiac. We lived in Napa for a short while for my stepfather's job.

I remember seeing the cryptograms in the paper. I remember at one point my mom wouldn't let me ride the schoolbus because Zodiac had threatened to "pick off kiddies as they bounced off the bus."

I was already into Nancy Drew so I was a goner and have been fascinated by psychopaths ever since.

Many Zodiac suspects emerged but none was ever proven. They were probably all wrong. Maybe someday we'll know who he is but I doubt it.

So when BTK came back, I was really fascinated because it would be as though Zodiac were caught.

They both were media hogs too...Zodiac sent letters to the press too.

Hey you know all those 'Justice 4 'name of victim' and 'State Vs name of perp' FB pages that always pop up during trials etc .. most all of them are made by the same two Aussie women .. upcoming they're onto Rusty Sniederman, George Zimmerman, Reeva Steenkamp and a few others .. does anyone else find that weird since 'Admin 1' from the Justice 4 Travis page went on Dr Drew pretending to be a woman called 'Edna' who just got interested in the case?

fo0sub.gif

I find it weird when anyone suddenly inserts themselves into a case, whether it be for the victim or the perp.

jpeam8.gif

Had a few minutes to pop in and saw this. Not sure if you saw my convo with JSR yesterday but I am a hard core Bruce fan. Have been for years. Love this song, nice pick! Haunting lyrics:

Fears a powerful thing, baby
It can turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
And fill it with devils and dust

For a fellow Bruce fan:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWXa6NStywc"]Bruce Springsteen The Wrestler - YouTube[/ame]

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 1h
The bro of high profile murderer #JodiArias admitted why she recorded her phone conversation with #TravisAlexander. pic.twitter.com/rRNWXxvUaC

just as we thought!! Biotch!!

He's ok, but sorry, I have to decline your pick :)

He doesn't have that classically chiseled handsome look that Christian requires. And I don't see enough danger in him. Something about Bomer's gaze just has that perfect mix of charm and danger at the same time. Same with Ian.

:seeya: It's all good. Bomer is sexy hawt.
ccd4c790d7a3cdf7bfa006c4fe1aa713.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member